Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natsuki's Duran?

+6
Highman
Abicion
Luu Sky Sapphire
Mai_Tokiha
MidnightPersona
ShiznatFan4Life
10 posters

Go down

Natsuki's Duran? Empty Natsuki's Duran?

Post by ShiznatFan4Life Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Natsuki's Duran? Durannormal

So I was thinking about the Mai Hime anime today and was wondering something. Before Duran got super big, he was just regular sized 👅 . Who was Natsuki's most important person then? I was thinking it was her mother, but she's dead so that's not really possible. Anybody know?
ShiznatFan4Life
ShiznatFan4Life
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 96
Armitage GUTS!!! : 36

Back to top Go down

Natsuki's Duran? Empty Re: Natsuki's Duran?

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:07 pm

I'm about 100% positive it was still Shizuru, but since she didn't realize her feelings fully it dulled Duran's power.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiznatFan4Life Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:I'm about 100% positive it was still Shizuru, but since she didn't realize her feelings fully it dulled Duran's power.

hmm, maybe it was. but i thought she thought of Shizuru as a friend, not her most important person.
ShiznatFan4Life
ShiznatFan4Life
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:13 am

ShiznatFan4Life wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:I'm about 100% positive it was still Shizuru, but since she didn't realize her feelings fully it dulled Duran's power.

hmm, maybe it was. but i thought she thought of Shizuru as a friend, not her most important person.

You don't gotta be in love with someone for them to be your most important. Nao's is her mom, for example. Shizuru was the first person Natsuki learned to love in ANY way after all that time. It's understandable that the feelings changed into something stronger after a time and the period where she couldn't summon Duran she doubted everything about herself and that she ever believed. After seeing Shizuru destroy Diana, even, she had to discover that her feelings toward her most important person have changed and until she accepted those changes she would be powerless.

She had to accept both her own feelings along with Shizuru's.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ShiznatFan4Life Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:56 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:
ShiznatFan4Life wrote:

You don't gotta be in love with someone for them to be your most important. Nao's is her mom, for example. Shizuru was the first person Natsuki learned to love in ANY way after all that time. It's understandable that the feelings changed into something stronger after a time and the period where she couldn't summon Duran she doubted everything about herself and that she ever believed. After seeing Shizuru destroy Diana, even, she had to discover that her feelings toward her most important person have changed and until she accepted those changes she would be powerless.

She had to accept both her own feelings along with Shizuru's.

ohh, i get it now
ShiznatFan4Life
ShiznatFan4Life
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Mai_Tokiha Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Hmm I've been wondering about this too.

I think Natsuki's most important person, in the past, was her mother. Even when she was dead, her loving memory was enough for Natsuki to summon Duran. Besides, even Mai could summon her child in the final battle, even though Tate wasn't resurrected from the deads yet. So I think a strong loving memory from her mother was all she needed to summon a regular sized Duran. She couldn't summon her child, only when she started doubting about her mother (they told her that her mom was about to sell her).
But, since she realized her feelings for Shizuru (even if it's friendship or love), Natsuki obtained a new most important person, Shizuru. Judging from Duran's new size, it seems that her feelings for Shizuru were more intense, than they were for her dead mother.
Mai_Tokiha
Mai_Tokiha
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 82
Armitage GUTS!!! : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 am

Mai_Tokiha wrote:Hmm I've been wondering about this too.

I think Natsuki's most important person, in the past, was her mother. Even when she was dead, her loving memory was enough for Natsuki to summon Duran. Besides, even Mai could summon her child in the final battle, even though Tate wasn't resurrected from the deads yet. So I think a strong loving memory from her mother was all she needed to summon a regular sized Duran. She couldn't summon her child, only when she started doubting about her mother (they told her that her mom was about to sell her).
But, since she realized her feelings for Shizuru (even if it's friendship or love), Natsuki obtained a new most important person, Shizuru. Judging from Duran's new size, it seems that her feelings for Shizuru were more intense, than they were for her dead mother.

The memory theory does work, I don't think the MIP needs to be alive per se...when the HiME has NO ONE else in her life. xD It may seem implausible to certain fans who believe dead MIPs means sparkle Heaven and that Natsuki subconsciously had Shizuru as her important person since the events of Natsuki no Prelude.

Natsuki's love for Shizuru did make Duran more powerful, no matter how you see that 'love', and I found that romantic. ;3 Shizuru was too busy wondering if Natsuki hated her to notice in the heat of the moment.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mai_Tokiha Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
The memory theory does work, I don't think the MIP needs to be alive per se...when the HiME has NO ONE else in her life. xD It may seem implausible to certain fans who believe dead MIPs means sparkle Heaven and that Natsuki subconsciously had Shizuru as her important person since the events of Natsuki no Prelude.
Yeah, I know that most of the ShizNat fans (I'm a huge ShizNat fan myself too Wink), would shoo me for having such a theory sweatdrop , but ,in my mind, is plausible theory.

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Natsuki's love for Shizuru did make Duran more powerful, no matter how you see that 'love', and I found that romantic. ;3 Shizuru was too busy wondering if Natsuki hated her to notice in the heat of the moment.
To be honest, when I saw the huge Duran, I was like this kawaiidesuplz , 'cause it was the proof of her emotions for Shizuru (romantic emotions, in my mind, too ;D). But I was like wth when Shizuru took it the wrong way. But I shouldn't judge her, because I've done this too, quite a few times ^^;;
Mai_Tokiha
Mai_Tokiha
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 82
Armitage GUTS!!! : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Mai_Tokiha wrote:To be honest, when I saw the huge Duran, I was like this kawaiidesuplz , 'cause it was the proof of her emotions for Shizuru (romantic emotions, in my mind, too ;D). But I was like wth when Shizuru took it the wrong way. But I shouldn't judge her, because I've done this too, quite a few times ^^;;

*shakes head* No foul towards Shizuru in that scene, she was emotionally unstable by that point and couldn't think logically when locked in battle with someone she loved dearly. Thanks to the power of love and understanding, everything worked out in the end. ;3 ShizNat
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:30 am

I must disagree with this theory. Natsuki DID have someone in her life, that's the thing.

AND SO DID MAI!

Mikoto was RIGHT THERE!

And we KNOW HiME can be each other MIP and, as a side-note, Mai LOVES Mikoto (Platonicly... for now <.<) and how I've always believed it, the MIP changed to the next when someone dies.

It wasn't just Yuuichi or anyone, it's love for anyone, and I think if Mokoto DID destroy Kagutsuchi or vice-versa then both would be green sparkles and everyone would be confused as fuck.

Psh, Reito was never Mikoto's MIP, I truly believe that.

Therefore, theory=invalid to me. Mai CLEARLY still loved Mikoto and yeah.

I have good reasoning!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Plot Hole is Natsuki's most important person.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:26 pm

Abicion wrote:Plot Hole is Natsuki's most important person.

Wait a minute is this supposed to be Mashiro MIP or it was Akane
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Akane? Where?
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Abicion wrote:Akane? Where?

Where ? You know where she is ya bastard!

You can hear Kazu-kun voice saying that
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:57 am

MidnightPersona wrote:I must disagree with this theory. Natsuki DID have someone in her life, that's the thing.

AND SO DID MAI!

Mikoto was RIGHT THERE!

And we KNOW HiME can be each other MIP and, as a side-note, Mai LOVES Mikoto (Platonicly... for now <.<) and how I've always believed it, the MIP changed to the next when someone dies.

It wasn't just Yuuichi or anyone, it's love for anyone, and I think if Mokoto DID destroy Kagutsuchi or vice-versa then both would be green sparkles and everyone would be confused as fuck.

I have good reasoning!

:) So basically a lot of the girls were oblivious to the fact that they had MIPs. o_o; It happens!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote::) So basically a lot of the girls were oblivious to the fact that they had MIPs. o_o; It happens!
I also found, whiloe watching SOMETHING, that in the subtitles she says something like that she should known that this entire time who it was, and she was oblivious to it being Shizuru. Not in so many words, but if I can find it again I'll link. It was in an AMV I watched... and yes, canon subtitles.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 am

I think it was herself, it's not to be negative but she felt like she had to isolate herself and get revenge for her mother

that or it still was her dead mother somehow
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I think it was herself, it's not to be negative but she felt like she had to isolate herself and get revenge for her mother

You're saying that Natsuki is her own Most Important Person? :shock: Interesting theory.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by HiME-tfln Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:43 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:I must disagree with this theory. Natsuki DID have someone in her life, that's the thing.

AND SO DID MAI!

Mikoto was RIGHT THERE!

It wasn't just Yuuichi or anyone, it's love for anyone, and I think if Mokoto DID destroy Kagutsuchi or vice-versa then both would be green sparkles and everyone would be confused as fack.

I have good reasoning!

I have the same point of view when it comes to Mai's MIP. I actually thought it was canon that Mikoto was Mai's MIP until I found out most of the fandom agreed that it was still Tate even though he was dead. However I personally don't think Mai loves Mikoto in a romantic way, I think it was meant to be conveyed as a really strong sisterly bond. Mai loves Takumi but they don't have a great relationship because Mai always has to put on a happy face around him and can't be honest with her fears or feelings, where with Mikoto she can. This is really reinforced in the EXA manga, not the same canon but I think it's more of what sunrise was trying to get at and kind of missed the mark the first time.
As for Natsuki I do think her MIP was Shizuru the entire time, from the fact that Natsuki has very few people to choose from and Shizuru was the first person to reach out to her when she was troubled.
HiME-tfln
HiME-tfln
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 39
Armitage GUTS!!! : 17

http://mai-hime-tfln.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Interesting theories.

About Duran, I don't remember quite well. Did Natsuki get him after meeting Shizuru or before?
So I can start my theory here...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:29 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:I think it was herself, it's not to be negative but she felt like she had to isolate herself and get revenge for her mother

You're saying that Natsuki is her own Most Important Person? :shock: Interesting theory.

Why Thank you Luu
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:35 am

shezaei-neko wrote:About Duran, I don't remember quite well. Did Natsuki get him after meeting Shizuru or before?
According to 'Natsuki no Prelude', Natsuki did get him after meeting Shizuru. First they became friends, then Natsuki awakened as a HiME.

And I have no doubt that it was Shizuru, who was Natsuki's most important person all along=)

Btw, I just pictured, if Natsuki had awakened as a Hime before she had met Shizuru... I wonder what size would have been Duran... probably, keychain-size... a cute tiny little Duran =)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:37 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:About Duran, I don't remember quite well. Did Natsuki get him after meeting Shizuru or before?
According to 'Natsuki no Prelude', Natsuki did get him after meeting Shizuru. First they became friends, then Natsuki awakened as a HiME.

And I have no doubt that it was Shizuru, who was Natsuki's most important person all along=)

Btw, I just pictured, if Natsuki had awakened as a Hime before she had met Shizuru... I wonder what size would have been Duran... probably, keychain-size... a cute tiny little Duran =)

I wanna see a puppy Duran
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:06 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:Btw, I just pictured, if Natsuki had awakened as a Hime before she had met Shizuru... I wonder what size would have been Duran... probably, keychain-size... a cute tiny little Duran =)

X3 The thought of a keychain-sized Duran is giving me a toothache. Cute things....thanks. >:3

PostoronnimV is right about Natsuki no Prelude btw. That's why it's essential to read Natsuki no Prelude after you finish Mai-HiME, despite being 99% prequel sans the ending. The new viewer should believe Saeko Kuga was the Most Important Person in the beginning. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down