Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Mother's Eyes

2 posters

Go down

Your Mother's Eyes Empty Your Mother's Eyes

Post by GoldenSun13 Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 am

I was sitting in mass yesterday, when this idea popped into my head. Yes, I'm a bad Catholic, thinking about lesbians during mass. Please don't tell the 'Rents XP. Anywho, this is a bit of a sad oneshot in Shizuru Fujino's point of view... hope you enjoy :)

It has been a long day; when I get home you and my mother are waiting for me. With a kiss on the cheek, my mother nods to the stove, signalling the cooked meal and leaves to go to her home. With a squeal, you run to me and give me a tight hug; it’s as if we haven’t seen each other in a long time, whereas, in reality, it has only been since this morning. I hug you back, as best as I can hug a five year old back when they’re hugging me tightly round the legs, and give a laugh. No matter how bad my day has been, you always make life seem more enjoyable.

My child; my beautiful child.

It isn’t until you look at me that I feel, simultaneously, a sense of loss and like I’ve come home. The remaining sunlight, streaming through the kitchen window is shining on your face; the orange glow illuminating the features you inherited from me; your light brown hair is highlighted by tints of copper from the glow; but it’s your eyes, your bright green eyes, which seem brighter and more green due to the sun, that make me feel those conflicting emotions. They are your mother’s eyes; your other mother, I should say. You never got to know her, my dear Natsumi. You never got to know the other love of my life as she died giving birth to my second love...you.

With a toothy grin, you distract me from my thoughts by dragging me towards the stove. Even at your young age, you worry about whether or not I’m eating or sleeping right. I blame my mother. At first, when you were born, I was so afraid of hating you, that I stayed away. Locked in my room, I would hear your cries or gurgles as my mother and father looked after you in my absence. Slowly, as my tears dried and the weight in my heart lessened, I began to see you as my last link to Natsuki, your mama. I still carry that weight only lost love can leave, but it seems bearable now. My mother worries that, at any moment, that weight will regain its vice like grip, which kept me from your cot, and drown me in its sorrow. But I won’t allow it. My love for you keeps me afloat; makes me feel; makes my heart sing with pride.

Never have I loved something so much and so immediately as when I saw you in your cot, looking at me with your mother’s eyes.
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Your Mother's Eyes Empty Re: Your Mother's Eyes

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:29 am

You know, a lot of people try to express themselves as Shizuru as tend to miss the mark. You really made an emotional connection with the readers, leaving us with a bittersweet ending to this short one-shot. A rarity! ^o^b
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:21 am

:) Thanks Luu. Does a little catty dance black cat
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:09 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote::) Thanks Luu. Does a little catty dance black cat

XD Look at that neko go!

POVs or Haiku by a very angst filled Shizuru make for good one-shots I've always thought. Or at least a Shizuru having any sort of personal thoughts swirling through her mind.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Yeah, same. I find them nice to write when I'm feeling particularly angsty.

Let me tell you a secret... I'm Shizuru!
The first Letter in Always and Forever is what I wrote to my first crush two years ago and about a year before I watched Hime. When I was going through my fbook, I re-read it, realised how it could relate to Shizuru and arranged it to fit her. As soon as I'd done that, the rest of the story began to flow. To think, I wrote an 8 chapter mystery from a failed crush/friendship lol Nao Yuuki
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:29 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:Yeah, same. I find them nice to write when I'm feeling particularly angsty.

The first Letter in Always and Forever is what I wrote to my first crush two years ago and about a year before I watched Hime. When I was going through my fbook, I re-read it, realised how it could relate to Shizuru and arranged it to fit her. As soon as I'd done that, the rest of the story began to flow. To think, I wrote an 8 chapter mystery from a failed crush/friendship lol Nao Yuuki

Si, I just see ShizNat as a relationship with a lot of insecurities and road blocks to overcome. Realistic couples have those y'know. :3

YOU'RE SHIZURU?!

Shizuru Kaichou <--------- THEN WHO THE HELL IS THAT?!

Oh my, well first I'm sorry to hear about your failed crush/friendship, it's experiences like those that we utilize to our advantage in the fanfiction world as you've done. Nao Yuuki Laugh at the past if it once hurt, because it never really happened. Turn it into fiction and it'll reach out to someone going through the same thing. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GoldenSun13 wrote:Yeah, same. I find them nice to write when I'm feeling particularly angsty.

Si, I just see ShizNat as a relationship with a lot of insecurities and road blocks to overcome. Realistic couples have those y'know. :3

YOU'RE SHIZURU?!

Shizuru Kaichou <--------- THEN WHO THE HELL IS THAT?!

Oh my, well first I'm sorry to hear about your failed crush/friendship, it's experiences like those that we utilize to our advantage in the fanfiction world as you've done. Nao Yuuki Laugh at the past if it once hurt, because it never really happened. Turn it into fiction and it'll reach out to someone going through the same thing. Shizuru Fujino

That's okay :). It took me a while to get over it, but it not only taught me to grow up and move on, it also confirmed to me who I was as a person. I like to laugh at how blind my love for her made me and I intend to continue reaching out to people :) Thanks Luu Shizuru Fujino

Oh that ----> Shizuru Kaichou is what I look like on a bad day Wink
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content