Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread

+2
MidnightPersona
Lerena
6 posters

Go down

The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread Empty The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread

Post by Lerena Sat May 28, 2011 6:40 pm

There's actually a Mai HiME quote that I'm looking for that I haven't been able to find in ages. As a result, I sat down watching like 7 Mai HiME episodes straight. It was either Nagi or Shizuru that said it.

This was months ago. Now I want to find it again. I'm pretty sure the quote is in the series, though I may be mistaken. Although, to save time perhaps multiple people could go looking for it as well? It was so beautifully written and is basically along the lines of this; "For the ones we love, we may even become demons."

That's misquoted and I'd like the episode number for reference too. I watched from Episode 17 up until Shizuru and Natsuki evaporated. As a stretch, I watched the last episode too. No matter where I looked I couldn't find it and I'm sure it was during Shizuru's insane rampage.

The quote is probably said by Nagi, but Shizuru says something similar in Katakoi Enka. I just want the full quote, which is like 2-3 sentences. Hopefully I'm not looking for something that doesn't exist. :DR Kruger:

While I'm on the subject of character songs, can someone translate this? I'd at least like to know the general gist of it. I don't know if anyone has done it already, but it's Nao's character song:
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread Empty Re: The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread

Post by MidnightPersona Mon May 30, 2011 3:05 am

I found it for you! It was actually Reito Kanzaki who said it. xD

My-HiME episode 21.

Reito Kanzaki talking to Mai:

If the HiME who wins all the battles can obtain incredible power like you say, well, then there may still be a chance. Besides, you’ve already realized it by now I’m sure… the feelings that you have inside. For that person who’s more precious to you than anyone. In a world where nothing goes the way you want there might just be one thing you can count on. It’s love. Your love for another. For those feelings, and for that special person you desire, you might even be willing to become a demon. You might even be allowed to become a demon…

...so yeah, it's a quote from Reito. xD Enjoy!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread Empty Re: The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread

Post by Sergay Tate Mon May 30, 2011 3:12 am

MidnightPersona wrote:I found it for you! It was actually Reito Kanzaki who said it. xD

My-HiME episode 21.

Reito Kanzaki talking to Mai:

If the HiME who wins all the battles can obtain incredible power like you say, well, then there may still be a chance. Besides, you’ve already realized it by now I’m sure… the feelings that you have inside. For that person who’s more precious to you than anyone. In a world where nothing goes the way you want there might just be one thing you can count on. It’s love. Your love for another. For those feelings, and for that special person you desire, you might even be willing to become a demon. You might even be allowed to become a demon…

...so yeah, it's a quote from Reito. xD Enjoy!

damn you obsidian lord -_-
manipulative SOB
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

Thank you for finding it for me. I didn't expect it to be Reito who said the quote. XD
Lerena
Lerena

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Topic I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote. from Rorschach Bar forum moved to Mai-HiME Discussion forum.

~ Anh Luu

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:damn you obsidian lord -_-
manipulative SOB
Anime Obsidian Lord isn't so much of a mastermind manipulator as he's just insanely lucky that the plot forces the characters to act stupid enough to actually believe him.

Saying "Do as I say or my big space weapon will do something ambiguously bad to all of you" doesn't require knowing your enemy's specific fears, or designing a strategy against their individual desires. It relies on the people listening you to buy everything you say at complete face value, no questions asked (i.e. when the entire cast abruptly and nonsensically start acting like sheep in episode 17 of the anime). If the non-Mashiro characters had simply said "Hey, Nagi/Reito obviously isn't a reliable source of information, so let's heavily doubt every single thing he says" and/or Mashiro had said "He's lying, don't listen to him, the HiME Star won't have any power if it doesn't absorb your sorrow, I've been through this once and know it for a fact, here's my much more peaceful strategy," all of the deaths would have been averted.

The manipulation Obsidian Lord uses in the anime would never work in a universe where the characters actually acted in a believable manner and weren't derailed into Three Stooges territory. The anime festival arc didn't need to happen, and it never should have happened. I know I've gone on about this forever, but it's true.

And now that providing valid examples for how to develop Obsidian Lord correctly is apparently "shameless plugging," the last two lines of this post no longer exist.

Last edited by Abicion on Mon May 30, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Mon May 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Abicion wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:damn you obsidian lord -_-
manipulative SOB
Anime Obsidian Lord isn't so much of a mastermind manipulator as he's just insanely lucky that the plot forces the characters to act stupid enough to actually believe him.

Saying "Do as I say or my big space weapon will do something ambiguously bad to all of you" doesn't require knowing your enemy's specific fears, or designing a strategy against their individual desires. It relies on the people listening you to buy everything you say at complete face value, no questions asked (i.e. when the entire cast abruptly and nonsensically start acting like sheep in episode 17 of the anime). If the non-Mashiro characters had simply said "Hey, Nagi/Reito obviously isn't a reliable source of information, so let's heavily doubt every single thing he says" and/or Mashiro had said "He's lying, don't listen to him, the HiME won't have any power if it doesn't absorb your sorrow, I've been through this once and know it for a fact, here's my much more peaceful strategy," all of the deaths would have been averted.

The manipulation Obsidian Lord uses in the anime would never work in a universe where the characters actually acted in a believable manner and weren't derailed into Three Stooges territory. The anime festival arc didn't need to happen, and it never should have happened. I know I've gone on about this forever, but it's true.

yeah that's true. he still has a couple of moments of manipulation (probably nagi more than him though i'd say). but the manga OL, being takumi, is more manipulative (at least towards mai anyway) i reckon.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon May 30, 2011 7:45 pm

Yeah, I like manga Obsidian Lord, too. "Do as I say and I'll keep your beloved brother alive" is pretty powerful motivation.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:48 pm

Abicion wrote:

And now that providing valid examples for how to develop Obsidian Lord correctly is apparently "shameless plugging," the last two lines of this post no longer exist.

It was 'shameless plugging' because they were story posts. There is a thread for shameless plugging, you're better off putting it there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Except I didn't put the links there for the sake of plugging. I put the links there to literally explain what I'm talking about in this specific thread.

Last edited by Abicion on Mon May 30, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Abicion wrote:Except I didn't put the links there for the sake of plugging. I point the links there to literally explain what I'm talking about in this specific thread.

Yet still, they did not belong there.

The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, the quote given. Perhaps it needs a lock as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 30, 2011 8:07 pm

The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, but I will not lock it. It will be used for anyone with the same type of question as Lerena (I even renamed it). However I suggest we stay on topic, there shouldn't be any talk about the OL, beyond Sergay's quick little dig at him. Start a new thread for Reito analysis/discussions.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Tue May 31, 2011 6:39 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, but I will not lock it. It will be used for anyone with the same type of question as Lerena (I even renamed it). However I suggest we stay on topic, there shouldn't be any talk about the OL, beyond Sergay's quick little dig at him. Start a new thread for Reito analysis/discussions.

my apologies oh great and powerful Luu *bows* i shall not repeat my mistake again. ^_^
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:31 am

Sergay Wáng wrote:my apologies oh great and powerful Luu *bows* i shall not repeat my mistake again. ^_^

Shizuru Kaichou Shizuru and I forgive you...for now~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Peterson Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:05 pm

The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread 63644622
This isn't so much a "Who said this?" or "When was it said?" - I'm more looking for the scenario itself.

Nagi at some point referred to Shizuru as "saikyou saiaku no HiME" (strongest, most evil HiME), and thanks to DPTours, I know it's in one of the drama CDs. But which one, and where can I listen to it?

(Ideally with translations - or if anyone knows where I can find a transcript in English, that's fine, too. I no speak nihongo. ._.)
J.Peterson
J.Peterson
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 68
Armitage GUTS!!! : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:25 pm

J.Peterson wrote:
The I'm looking for a specific Mai HiME Quote thread 63644622
This isn't so much a "Who said this?" or "When was it said?" - I'm more looking for the scenario itself.

Nagi at some point referred to Shizuru as "saikyou saiaku no HiME" (strongest, most evil HiME), and thanks to DPTours, I know it's in one of the drama CDs. But which one, and where can I listen to it?

(Ideally with translations - or if anyone knows where I can find a transcript in English, that's fine, too. I no speak nihongo. ._.)

I have two of the Mai-HiME Drama CDs, (Vol. 1 and 2). Can't promise translations at this time, but I'm willing to offer you MP3s of every singe track from both albums, in hopes that you find your one liner. :) If you want.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down