Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character?

+16
mandygirl78
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SpiralDasher
Jack
Miyotakano
GhibliFreek
Konaxookami
Kara
Kyubey Mittens
Kino karutta-chan
denerop
Abicion
AtlantisLux
Luu Sky Sapphire
ookamidesu
Ice Silver Crystal
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

character - Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character? Empty Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character?

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi my best friend and I are debating about what Mai character is most annoying. She say Shiho-san, I say Shizuru. ^.^' I'm not a fan of hers because of hurting Kuga-san in hime series. Opinions are welcome. :o
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

character - Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character? Empty Re: Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character?

Post by ookamidesu Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:14 pm

the tokihas... they are so brood-y, it's annoying...
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

character - Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character? Empty Re: Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Hmm, I need to think about it for Mai-Otome (without using Nagi as an easy target this time). For now I will comment on Mai-HiME by agreeing with Dye:

dye882003 wrote:the tokihas... they are so brood-y, it's annoying...

Takumi's ukeness and no appreciation for his own life is upsetting. And Mai isn't honest with herself, which helped make the plot captivating (in a way) but it also made me pity her.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AtlantisLux Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:48 am

Shihooo! Her childish jealousy annoys me to no end ^^
AtlantisLux
AtlantisLux
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 155
Armitage GUTS!!! : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:13 am

Shizuru easily. There's nothing more obnoxious to me than a character the writers have effortlessly destroy multiple character subplots that I feel were infinitely deeper and better written than her's was just so she looks "cooler" than everyone else.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by denerop Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 am

Hime- Yukariko and her endless prayers were annoying really >.< together with her boyfriend, she was pretty annoying.

otome- Maria.. she's old, so it doesn't make sense >.< oh well ^^ i just don't like her.
denerop
denerop
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 704
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

https://www.youtube.com/user/darklinege

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 am

In HiME it's totally Shiho. She IS just annoying, no??

In Otome I would say Mashiro, only in the first half of the anime of course.
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:45 am

Wataru Ishigami, both in Hime and when I think he pops up briefly in Zwei. The guy annoyed me to no end especially in Zwei with his love speech.

Last edited by Duran's Flower on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by denerop Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am

Kino karutta-chan wrote:In HiME it's totally Shiho. She IS just annoying, no??

In Otome I would say Mashiro, only in the first half of the anime of course.

in HiME she kinda is annoying, but i like shiho's annoying-ness though xD
denerop
denerop
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 704
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

https://www.youtube.com/user/darklinege

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:09 am

Duran's Flower wrote:Wataru Ishigami, both in Hime and when I think he pops up briefly in Zwei. The guy annoyed me to no end especially in Zwei with his love speech.

Ishigami was just creepy, not annoying to me. Then again, there were times I wanted him to get his hands off Yukariko.

XD Aw, the love speech in Zwei was hilarious. I saw Tomoe's grand spotlight-stealin' finale from ten miles away. No way would she ever be with him. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:24 pm

True, that's also one of her few redeeming moments in the series. :)
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:39 pm

For me, it's a shorter list to name off the ones that didn't annoy me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:27 pm

All of them. :) But I think Shiho makes it pretty high up on my list.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:34 am

Kara wrote:All of them

*GASP*

EVEN FOOJINO?!

character - Most annoying Mai-HiME/Otome series character? PDVD_018

While we're picking on Shizuru, how would you rate her annoying-ness level, Kara? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest). Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Yes. Even fooojino, very much. On a scale from1-10, she'd be like a 4-5. In the dub, she was a 6 because of that awful accent!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Kara wrote:Yes. Even fooojino, very much. On a scale from1-10, she'd be like a 4-5. In the dub, she was a 6 because of that awful accent!

:lol: The dub does raise the annoying bar higher, not that it's a bad thing. I can't imagine the fandom without the dub, it would be rather dull.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Haha, for real, what would we make fun of?! :)
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Kara wrote:Yes. Even fooojino, very much. On a scale from1-10, she'd be like a 4-5. In the dub, she was a 6 because of that awful accent!

7 for me. I don't see what makes her more special than Tokiha-san and the other popular Hime.
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 am

7 for me. I don't see what makes her more special than Tokiha-san and the other popular Hime..

Because she was...DUN DUNUNAAAA-- SUPER LESBIAN! *cue cool music*
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:48 pm

hrm...6 maybe? Just because of her emo-'OMG I'MA KILL EVERYONE TO PROVE I LOVE YOU AND I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY' attitude at the end there. xD With the dub that annoyance goes up to around 8...and it allowed me and Kitkat to pick fun of the crazy southern bell Shizuru in our faildub. xDD
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:28 pm

eh, a 4-5 for me, mainly in the Otome dub though, THAT DAMN ACCENT

Also doesnt help in science when your friend sitting next to you can do a near-perfect "MATERIALIZE" A-la Shizuru
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:29 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:Also doesnt help in science when your friend sitting next to you can do a near-perfect "MATERIALIZE" A-la Shizuru

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA! Hold on there Union Jack waver, are you telling me you have a friend who can voice Shizuru? If I got this correctly and didn't just type for my health, think you can get her to record something? I wanna listen. Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:04 pm

....Just the materialize, well tbh its the annoyingness she has spot on, the accent is nearly there

....and do I have to (though I could set that as her ring tone.....that would be amazing *___* )
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:53 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:....Just the materialize, well tbh its the annoyingness she has spot on, the accent is nearly there

....and do I have to (though I could set that as her ring tone.....that would be amazing *___* )

*____* Yes it would. You should invite her to Multiverse so I can prepare a laundry list of one-liners from the Mai-HiME/Otome dub for her to say. :cyclops:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Err... lets see...

I don't know who I don't like actually >_> I love Shiho in Otome, she is hilarious, I adore Shizuru (obviously), Natsuki, Nao... pfft. Oh!

MANGA TATE!
HOW can Natsuki, and not to mention all the rest of the cast 'fall in love' with numpty Tate who has no real personality except a random scar going up his arm?! Or was that only Manshiro? Whatever; - eish, Mai HiME Manga was like a very, very bad Shoujo smut or something >_>

And not to mention, I'll never understand Manga Natsuki either. I mean, come on Natsuki! Your best friend is on the floor DYING, after SAVING YOU, and the only thing you can do is make out with the blonde-brunette hedgehog?!

Last edited by Entwined Lunatic Wolvetta on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next