Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia: Axis Powers

4 posters

Go down

Hetalia: Axis Powers Empty Hetalia: Axis Powers

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Hetalia: Axis Powers Hetali10

Lately all I've been hearing is about the next big thing in anime, which is called Hetalia. From what I could gather from fans online and the small con I went to at Syracuse is the series focuses on characters representing countries. Or they ARE the countries. ^^; Confusing, better find some information:

Hetalia: Axis Powers (ヘタリア Axis Powers , Hetaria Akushisu Pawāzu?) is a webcomic, later adapted as a manga and an anime series, by Hidekaz Himaruya (日丸屋秀和, Himaruya Hidekazu?). The series presents an allegorical interpretation of political and historic events, particularly of the World War II era, in which the various countries are represented by anthropomorphic characters. Hetalia (ヘタリア?) is a portmanteau combining hetare (ヘタレ?, Japanese for "incompetent") and Italia (イタリア?).[1] This is to make light of Italy's apparent cowardice during World War II.

Himaruya originally created Hetalia as an online webcomic, and so far three tankōbon have been published by Gentosha Comics, the first on March 28, 2008, the second on December 10, 2008, and the third on May 20, 2010. The series was later adapted into drama CDs, and an anime series created by Studio Deen has also begun streaming online. On January 8, 2010, the anime series' international distribution was announced to be handled by Funimation Entertainment.

The main historical events portrayed in this work occur between World War I and World War II. The series often uses satire and comedy to address well-known historical events as well as historical and cultural trivia. Historical political and military interaction between countries is allegorically represented in Hetalia as social and romantic interaction between the characters; the webcomic version in particular depicts military and economic incursions using various innuendo.

http://www.funimation.com/hetalia/ (FUNimation's website)

Viewing at few clips, it does look funny. Anyone of you watch this series? ^^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Hetalia: Axis Powers Empty Re: Hetalia: Axis Powers

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:36 pm

I've heard of that, and some of my friends love it but I've never watched it. I do have one question about it though: Why are they all men?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:44 pm

Hollowed-Words wrote:I've heard of that, and some of my friends love it but I've never watched it. I do have one question about it though: Why are they all men?

Not sure why they're all dudes. I thought there were gonna be loads of females in it since the Hetalia cosplayer I met was a girl. ^^;

Then there's this:

Hetalia: Axis Powers Madlax10
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Srsly xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Haha, it's because when all this history was going on, most countries had male dominated societies, so I'm guessing to best represent the history, they used men.

I think there was a couple female countries though, but I didn't watch that much.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 pm

I've not watched the series, but yes, there are female countries. I've seen them in RP communities and at cons. Lichtenstein is one of them. I've been to a few mock things with this fandom at cons (mostly because there wasn't something I wanted to do going on) and they were pretty amusing.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:40 pm

There are other girl Hetalia countries like Belarus and Hungary, and there a a few others but I can't be bothered to find them right nao. xD I watched Hetalia-and it's not like it takes a long time each episode is 5 minutes and most of them are very funny and such. Being a history nut like me I enjoy watching it and finding the political jokes and such-and Kitkat's a huge fan (thanks to me telling her about it >>; ) too so we joke around about it. Even if you don't like history it's worth the watch just for the laughs really.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down