Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru)

5 posters

Go down

ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru) Empty ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 01, 2010 12:30 pm

ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru) A110lez

VS.

ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru) Shiznat-fav

Another Frequently Asked Question I usually get is who do I prefer more: Natsuki and Shizuru from HiME or Haruka and Michiru from Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon.

Let me start off by saying that these two couples are without a doubt, the most legendary yuri pairings of all time. Only ones that come VERY close (to me anyway) are Utena/Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena and Mireille/Kirika from Noir.(unless you felt Chloe deserved Kirika ) 👅

Anyway, imo, I have to side with both. Sorry, this is not an easy choice. Considering the iconic status of Hachiru and the intriguing complexity of ShizNat, it's hard to choose.

Haruka and Michiru are a lot more mature and wiser than ShizNat. In the anime, their cynical views on saving the universe from the Deathbusters, whether you agree with them or not (I personally don't) is straight forward. Hachiru are also more open with each other, although that took time to develop as you can tell in episode 106 (Haruka and Michiru's past). Which makes me wish we had a prequel series studying the two as acquaintances then slowly progressing into something much more. If Toei did that with their more cynical version of Hachiru, it would deepen our love for them as viewers. IMO, Usagi was and always will be in the right, but we could of understood Hachiru's views better with a nice spin-off prequel.

Natsuki and Shizuru have a lot more mystery to them. Because Natsuki has her own agenda, and Shizuru being secretly supportive behind-the-scenes, this makes us wonder more about the pair. Natsuki's trusting issues (don't blame her, especially these days) prevented her from opening up to others. Yes, she does trust Mai and certain HiME, and she's approachable (more than people give her credit for. Painting her as social failure who hates men is utterly stupid and incorrect.) but the only one she could put all her trust in was Shizuru. "Natsuki no Prelude" details a bond/respect between te two before the events in Episode 1 of the Mai HiME anime. It just slowly grew from there. Plus, ShizNat is a younger pair, so maybe that's why yuri admirers relate to them more. They make more mistakes, whereas Hachiru seem to know what they're doing in life (except when it comes to saving the planet properly) from past experiences
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru) Empty Re: ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru)

Post by PrincessMai94 Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 pm

I honestly didn't know Haruka and Michiru were lovers until almost the end of the star season. Looking back now it seems so obvious >.> I would definetly have to say I'm more of a Haichiru fan myself because of the fact that they're older and wiser with their relationship.
PrincessMai94
PrincessMai94
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 132
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37

Back to top Go down

ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru) Empty Re: ShizNat (Shizuru and Natsuki) vs. Hachiru (Haruka and Michiru)

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:19 pm

PrincessMai94 wrote:I honestly didn't know Haruka and Michiru were lovers until almost the end of the star season. Looking back now it seems so obvious >.> I would definetly have to say I'm more of a Haichiru fan myself because of the fact that they're older and wiser with their relationship.

XD You must of been really young and weren't aware of lesbians. ;P Yup, it's more than obvious watching now. I agree with you...somewhat. It's difficult choosing who I like more. *sigh* In the end, Shizuru and Natsuki (as wonderful as they are) have just started realizing what a relationship is all about. Because of the age factor.

Hachiru have all the makings of a truly functional relationship from past trials. ShizNat are still young and make foolish decisions like anyone at their ages would.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessMai94 Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Yea I was like 6 XD the otome ShizNat is a little better but not by much.
PrincessMai94
PrincessMai94
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 132
Armitage GUTS!!! : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm

PrincessMai94 wrote:Yea I was like 6 XD the otome ShizNat is a little better but not by much.

Mai-Otome ShizNat is officially together and Shizuru proved to be quite the pimp by playing Tomoe. Still, they're no Hachiru in the experience field. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:42 pm

There are more than experienced in many FFs and doujis ;0

Anyway:
Shizuru & Natsuki > Michiru & Haruka
Reason:
Shizuru & Natsuki > all other couples (I mean anime / manga, TV, movie, not RL)
Reason:
There isn't a couple who I fuckingg love this much.

And, oh well, I didn't watched the whole Sailor Moon series yet :/ There isn't anything between them in the manga :/
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:54 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:There are more than experienced in many FFs and doujis ;0

Oh that's right, my bad. I must of completely forgot that FFs and doujinshi were canon. How silly of me! Rolling Eyes :lol:

Kino karutta-chan wrote:And, oh well, I didn't watched the whole Sailor Moon series yet :/ There isn't anything between them in the manga :/

O_O You MUST! Then you'll think differently. ^_~ Hachiru's flirting in the 5th season (Stars) is better than everything ShizNat has done (canon-wise). Razz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kino karutta-chan wrote:There are more than experienced in many FFs and doujis ;0

Oh that's right, my bad. I must of completely forgot that FFs and doujinshi were canon. How silly of me! Rolling Eyes :lol:
Ach, Luu.
You know that I know this, don't you?? I wasn't really serious ^_^ But you know my imagine of these two is too influenced from these things so I can't just ignore it.

And you repeat yourself XD I know that I have to watch the anime, just tell me when ;P And I know, too that there is more between them in the anime ;D
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:42 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Ach, Luu.
You know that I know this, don't you?? I wasn't really serious ^_^ But you know my imagine of these two is too influenced from these things so I can't just ignore it.

And you repeat yourself XD I know that I have to watch the anime, just tell me when ;P And I know, too that there is more between them in the anime ;D

Ay, Kino.

Of course I know that you know. ;P When am I ever serious? ^_^ I understand your brain is overwhelmed by ShizNat, so there's no worries.

When?! How about now? Every episode is available on You Tube! ;P Start here:

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Why should I start with episode 92?? o_o
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Why should I start with episode 92?? o_o

Good question. They make their appearance two episodes earlier, but this is where they debut properly. ^_~ Don't tell me you wanted to start from the very beginning. O_O;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am

Of course I want to start from the very beginning o_O I am a Sailor Moon fan, what did you thought?? O___O
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Of course I want to start from the very beginning o_O I am a Sailor Moon fan, what did you thought?? O___O

O_______O I dunno, stop looking at me like that!

BTW, isn't it nice to now look at ShizNat before clicking into this section? <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 am

If I have to choose only one couple, I wouldn't be able to.

Although the love of HaruMichi was not clearly showed as much as ShizNat,
It is understandable since Sailor Moon was made in the '90s and the anime targeted young girl while Mai-HiME/Otome were made in 2004/6-on going
so the latter couple have scenes and dialogs where they get to express their closeness to each other more than HaruMichi.
And when I said dialogs, of course their lines in Drama CD also count
(esp. in Mai Otome Drama CD Vol.2 when Nao tried to seduce Natsuki
just to get embarrassed photo of Natsuki from Yukino, Nao touched
some parts of Natsuki's body and she screamed something like "that part is ok for Shizuru only!!)
As ShizNat get advantages of being made later when out and proud yuri characters are more accepted by straight viewers (or even straight guys sometimes), HaruMichi still have so much charisma and are very attractive.
I cannot say that the company's making Sailor Moon target young girls is
100% disadvantage because
sometimes the more vague and mysterious a couple is,
the more attractive and adorable they can become.

I think how HaruMichi never kissed each other on TV Screen or
how they sometimes kept their relationship so vague that our gaydars
were not sure about their yuriness could incredibly motivate people's fangirlish imagination which urged them to want to see the couple being together more, having more screen time, having more sweet dialogs.
I don't think it was very clear for some viewers whether they are lovers or not but there are tracks in some drama cd that made it clear
when Michiru called Haruka late at night
and Haruka said she was sleeping and knew that it was Michiru who called
because "no one else would call at this time."
This pretty much showed their closeness and special bond.
And there is a special episode in Sailor Moon S (Before SS Started)
Sailor Neptune said, "The world without Haruka is not worth saving."
I think that is the most clear and sweetest line ever heard from HaruMichi.

And yes, each couple has their own originality.
When I first knew HaruMichi, I expected the dominant (or seme) looking character to be more protective than the passive (or uke) looking one.
And I thought Natsuki was a seme XD hahahaha
Anyway, HaruMichi and ShizNat totally destroyed that old image I used to have when I was young.
And of course, they are anime characters and what we see might not be what we get but I have learned that it does not necessarily have to be the dominant one who loves the other more, sacrifices more and is more protective.

This is my summary:
Without either of these couples, I would never be as happy, understanding
or complete as I am today.
All 4 of them have taught and showed me how to stay strong and each couple taught me that it is ok to love someone from the bottom of your heart to the point that you would give up your life for her or him.
Ren
Ren
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 16
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

http://www.moonriseworld.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora-stylus Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Ok, from my opinion.
omg >.< what Ren said..
I agree with her all ! lol
/me <Ren T-T why don't you let me say something.. >

(extremely short if compared with above one -_-; rofl)

I have just a thing which different from Ren.
It's about my feeling for them.. ^^
^-^ Yes they are my favorite couples. I love them both but
it's depend on which couple is more impacted on me too. >.<;

When I was young I watched HaruxMichi with innocent view I knew that time I didn't really get what they are.. lol ( Just curious )
But it's because I was just a little child , I focused on Sailor-senshi story and their friendship with each others than compliacted HaruxMichi 's relationship.
However, I felt something inside my heart when I was going to understand them .. I thought that I could accept that they are ..but I couldn't.. (in that time) >_< I listened their theme songs.. from the CDs I bought from Japan.
I love it the most (more than main characters ^^Wink, without understanding the Japanese lyrics. lol
( I think I liked because the rhythm and their voice's feeling )

Then the time reached that I had to know what its the meaning in Lyrics.
I could accept.. finally but I had to keep as secret (like forever) about my feeling when I understood it.

Until I found.. Mai -series in present days
At first I didn't know that Mai- series have yuri parts >.<
I completely thought that omg! this anime is really fun and worth a watch..
Suddenly,, !! Huh!!! Shizuru is ................. !!? ohhhh
I was shocked ! while I was still crying because of the pressure in that episode.
But I cried more and couldn't stop because the reason that I have never accept what my real feeling was.. that made me cried like crazy.. lol

"I grown up now so I can understand everything.."
From now on my life has changed because of Mai-series..
Many things in this anime gave me a new life. I mean in new perspective which I lost for a long time since I was young. ^-^

ShizxNats was also let me found Ren.
So .. for me Shizuru and Natsuki is the couple that I choose.
^ ^

Aurora-stylus
Aurora-stylus
Mai-Artist
Mai-Artist

Bubuzuke points : 64
Armitage GUTS!!! : 29

http://aurora-stylus.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:55 pm

I have to agree with you both. Ren is correct about Hachiru being more vague. I consider this sexier since it gives Haruka and Michiru an air of mystery. As a couple, ShizNat is not mysterious. On their own, both are mysterious. Once they settled things and Natsuki accepted her, they were quite open. Well, Shizuru is the open one. ^_~

Because Shizuru makes her gayness too obvious, I have to side with Hachiru. Shizuru's attraction to Natsuki is hard to ignore and makes her appeal great, but the vagueness of Hachiru during Sailor Moon S and the manga's Infinity Arc left everything to the imagination. What were they like behind closed doors? Michiru being the seme, constantly flirts with Haruka. She even put the moves to Seiya in Stars. What happens in private magnifies this delicious relationship ten-fold, while I can clearly imagine ShizNat's time together in the bedroom, based on Shizuru's open nature.

Either way, I love these two couples. They're not alike at all and it's the differences that make them shine.

Charcoal wrote:ShizxNats was also let me found Ren.
So .. for me Shizuru and Natsuki is the couple that I choose.
^ ^

O_O Question and a serious one too. You and Ren aren't together...are you? :oops:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:30 am

Would we be considered sexier if we gave you a vague answer?

:lol:
Ren
Ren
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 16
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

http://www.moonriseworld.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:56 pm

Ren wrote:Would we be considered sexier if we gave you a vague answer?

:lol:

XD Looks like I got my answer.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down