Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style!

Go down

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! Empty Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style!

Post by Akamanto Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey, so, I had a pretty big career shift recently, and I decided to celebrate by commissioning a picture of my favourite gal, Natsuki, drawn by a fantastic artist by the name of Matt Radway on Twitter. I want to eventually get all of the characters done eventually, of course, circumstances willing. :9

If you like this guy's style, I can definitely recommend him; he's responsive, communicative, and pays attention to what you ask of him.

With that, here's Natsuki as the Houndmaster, and the initial pose sketches the artist made, too (cuz they look awesome):

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! 6ffuebA
Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! UB6CNSc

Planning on getting it as a print to frame on my desk at some point, too, when the whole COVID-19 thing calms down. :9
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 202
Armitage GUTS!!! : 49

Back to top Go down

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! Empty Re: Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style!

Post by Akamanto Mon May 18, 2020 1:01 am

Not quite Darkest Dungeon this time, but I simply have to share this amazing piece from @mayexplode on Twitter:

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! Ypx023f

I had a pretty big thought process behind this one, but I'll present it without comment for now. :9

As with the previous commission, I really can't recommend the artist enough. Everything was depicted even better than I imagined it; she even went so far as to work with me to suggest minor alternatives to lighting/etc. that expressed the visual symbolism even better than my original ideas could've, without discarding anything of what I wanted. And, well... Just look at the end product for an assurance on the quality of work.

Next up: Yukariko! A niche character, but a favourite of mine for sure.
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! Empty Re: Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style!

Post by Akamanto Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Still super busy, but dropping by to post the Yukariko commission, again by the amazing Matt Radway:

Mai-Franchise - Darkest Dungeon Style! Final_hq
Akamanto
Akamanto
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down