Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide]

+4
Ice Silver Crystal
Krystal of Nol
Luu Sky Sapphire
SpiderNeKoHiME
8 posters

Go down

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] Empty Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide]

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 pm

i need to identify all the kingdoms in Mai otome universe, but I don't remember them all. ;_;
help please? -meows-
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] Empty Re: Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Sure no problem! Luckily I had some information saved from last year. Here (I even included some factions and who's from where):

Kingdom of Aries: Yukino Chrisant, Haruka Armitage, Chie Hallard, Irina Woods

Kingdom of Artai: Nagi Dai Artai, Sergay Wang, Nina Wang, Juliet Nao Zhang

Kingdom of Caldear: Argos XIV, Fia Gros, Kazuya Krawczyk, Shiho Huit

Kingdom of Florence: Charles Guinel VIII, Shiho Huit*, Akane Soir

Kingdom of Annan: Nguyen Bao, Anh Lu, Erstin Ho

Kingdom of Lutecia Remus: Laura Bianchi, Miya Clochette

Kingdom of Lutecia Romulus: Karla Bellini, Yayoi Alter, Lilie Adean

Kingdom of Windbloom: Mashiro Blan de Windbloom, Arika Yumemiya, Aoi Senoh, Sakomizu Cardinal, Lena Sayers

Kingdom of Zipang: Takumi Tokiha, Akira Okuzaki, Iori, Mai Tokiha

Kingdom of Garderobe (Windbloom): Natsuki Kruger, Shizuru Viola, Maria Graceburt, Yukariko Steinberg

Schwarz: John Smith

Asward: Midori, Yohko, Rad, Lumen, Dyne, Gal

* - Shiho took Akane's place as Otome of Florence.

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:08 pm

XD D'oh. Forgot to Maki Maki this.

I will Maki Maki this thread for guide reference.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Man, you forgot to put Youko in Asward! And why Shiho is in Caldear and Florence? if you don't mind me to ask
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:Man, you forgot to put Youko in Asward! And why Shiho is in Caldear and Florence? if you don't mind me to ask

Fixed! ^_^ As for the later, I think it was because Shiho was originally from Cardair, but then took Akane's place as Florence's Otome. It's been a while since I read Shiho Huit's background, so I could be wrong. Haha.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:03 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Shiho was originally from Cardair, but then took Akane's place as Florence's Otome.

You're right, she is form Cardair even if she's Florence Otome.
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 pm

This is a very good guide! needed it for my fanfiction thank you so much!

Uh does it matter where Shiho is from or where she's staying now? She's the maki maki girl! lol
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:13 am

Just wanted to point out that I think Cardair / Carlteya / Caldear whatever they're calling it this week is really supposed to be Chaldea.

When the Childs start to invade in the final episode of Zwei, the name "CHALDEA" is shown in monitor broadcasting the status of Kazuya's country. There's also the fact that Chaldea is the name of an actual ancient country (a later form of Babylon) built between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

Ancient country on the shore of the Tigris river.

Protected by a catgirl Otome.

Get it?
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 am

LOL ^^
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Pfft, originally I did a load of research about this and found out bits and pieces all over the place, however, some of these are a little edgy.

Windbloom ~ Tokyo/England (My birth-city, Nottingham's architecture is quite similar to the Windbloom Kingdom's.

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] 567px-NottinghamMontageSkyline

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] 800px-The_Prudential_Building_in_Nottingham

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] 800px-Lace_market_6

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] 210110143927--nottingham%20city%20centre1

Also, a note over to the Windsor Fire. (Windsor is based in London).

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] London,%20Windsor%20Castle,%20East%20Terrace

The Windbloom Castle fire/Aswad/Sifr, Bruce and Lena's death, etc - 14 years ago.

Windsor Fire: November, 1992 - Otome finished: March, 2006 - 14 years ago.

Windsor/Windbloom - Wind. Windsor lost priceless history along with the older section of the castle whilst Windbloom lost their royal family.

I'll update this eventually, but for a quick reference onto other nations.

Windbloom - England with Tokyo and Arab references.

Aries - America (New York).

Florince - France.

Cardair - Greece/Israel/Germany/Iraq (King Argos - The ancient city of the Greek Argos - Fiar Grosse: Fiar - Israeli, Grosse - Germanic).

@ Abicion ~ Its more than likely due to the original fan translations, if I remember in the official DVD set of Otome the translation was Cardair as well, but I'll be watching it again soon so I'll be able to check (I'm sure I remember it being swapped between Cardair and Chaldea in the manga however. But I'd rather say Cardair since then there won't be confusion to readers when I say it, unlike its other version, Chaldea which I've never actually seen been put into any FF or doujinshi, when the kanji for the nations are translated into English they come out ever so oddly. E,g; English - Garderobe, whilst the kanji looks something like this: Guardurobe, I can't exactly remember it but it did appear like this at some point, and then throughout the anime and manga it was changed here and there. Note - The school was put as Garderobe in both the anime and manga shortly after both dimensions were aired.

Lutecia Kingdoms: Romulus and Remus - The wolf twin founders of Rome.

Zipang - Japan (The Asians used to call ancient Japan, Zipang).

An Nam - Ancient Vietnam.

Schwartz - The Nazi' believed the Atlantians were from Norway-they believed the people of Atlantis were the true super race. (Valkyrie are from Norse myth who would bring fallen warriors to Valhalla, the training hall for Ragnarok, the Twilight of the Gods/End of the World) - Valkyrie: Supreme over the Otome.

Artai Principality - China/Russia: There is a location on the border of China in Russia which is called Altai. Sergay - Russian, Wang - Chinese.

Taiyun, Kingdom of the Sun (Sakura's nation) (Or perhaps Taiwan or Taiyuan? However Sakura's clothes are purely feudal Japanese) - I believe this might be a realm in Zipang which is independent: World War II Japan(?) - The Japanese Navy have the flag which has the sun rays - possible reference to the "Land of the Sun, the Sun giving birth to Japan, etc).

Kingdom of M___ (WARNING: Might not be canon - Mayha's nation) - Right now I'm not using the research which I've put down over the years, but I do remember seeing Mayha's nation background somewhere, however, only in name. However, due to how Mayha is in physical appearance, which seems to be a clash of Arabic and Indian her nation shall definitely have this also.

Garderobe State - Classic French/British breeding with Arabic hints in architecture.

Kruger State (WARNING: Might not be canon) - Definitely German; no given reference. (I have found a chart which might show the nation which Natsuki was from, however it is a long process since I've only translated the names of the characters so far).

The Black Valley - Horn of Africa/Death Valley(?).

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Break String SpinElf Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Exceptional work! Just a couple of notes: -

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:Kingdom of M___ (WARNING: Might not be canon - Mayha's nation) - Right now I'm not using the research which I've put down over the years, but I do remember seeing Mayha's nation background somewhere, however, only in name. However, due to how Mayha is in physical appearance, which seems to be a clash of Arabic and Indian her nation shall definitely have this also.

[...]

Kruger State (WARNING: Might not be canon) - Definitely German; no given reference. (I have found a chart which might show the nation which Natsuki was from, however it is a long process since I've only translated the names of the characters so far).

These would indeed appear to be canonical: in Zwei episode 1 [16:21-16:23], we see a map displaying the locations of several Otomes. Part of the information given is their home state. We have Sara (Aries), Nao (Altai), Akane (Florince) & Arika (Galleria), along with Mahya & Natsuki, whose home states are given as "Maurya" (sp?) & "Kruger" respectively.

Chaldea's connection to the Greek city of Argos is also interesting: during its mythical history, Argos was ruled for a period by three royal families (the Inachids, Melampodides & Biantides), in common with Chaldea in the series (cf for example MO 8 11:27). Of course, it's more complex than that: in addition to sharing its name with an ancient Mesopotamian kingdom, other reference points include Spain (the hoods worn by the Chaldean dignitaries [26 7:42, probably Zwei 3 2:02] resemble the capirotes worn during Holy Week).

Kingdoms in mai otome [Guide] Ss_mai11
"Nobody expects the Chaldean inquisition!!!"

The city of Argos itself was reputed to have taken its name from an eponymous king Argos (Romanised as Argus), one of a number of characters by the name in the corpus of Greek mythology. The eponym was a son of Zeus or Phoroneus & Niobe and one of the first ("Pelasgian") dynasty of Argos. Argus Panoptes, the many-eyed guardian of Io, was also a member of this dynasty. Another Argus built the Argo (of Jason & the Argonauts fame) whilst another was also associated with the voyage of the Argo: this Argus was the son of Phrixus (the brother of Helle who took the Golden Fleece to the furthest reaches of the east), one of four brothers rescued by Jason after being marooned on the Isle of Ares in the Black Sea.

Last edited by TheElf29 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a desperate attempt to be funny & information on people called Argos in Greek mythology)
Break String SpinElf
Break String SpinElf
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 976
Armitage GUTS!!! : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down