Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izetta: The Last Witch

2 posters

Go down

Izetta: The Last Witch Empty Izetta: The Last Witch

Post by Darthtabby Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Hiroyuki Yoshino, the writer of Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome, is involved with a new anime original series called Izetta: The Last Witch.  The series is set in a pseudo WWII setting, where Princess Fine of the tiny Archduchy of Elystadt is attempts to secure an alliance to save her country from imminent invasion.  Just as all hope seems lost, Fine finds herself unexpectedly reunited with Izetta, the witch she saved when the two of them were children.

While I don't see Izetta as a particularly yuri series, those of you with stronger goggles than I do may have a different opinion. Razz

In my view, the best thing this series has going for it is Princess Fine, a fine heroine who may not be able to shoot through a dozen bad guys but is definitely intelligent and gutsy.  Some viewers consider her a mary sue because everyone loves her, but I'm hoping that her lines crediting the love/trust of her people with keeping her alive are indicative of one of the series' larger themese.

Izetta is also a pretty likeable heroine.  Actually she's kind of adorable (and a bit of a klutz).  She suffers from poor self esteem as a result of a nomadic childhood where she was forced to hide her powers, but she doesn't hesitate to take action when she thinks its necessary.

On the negative side, there's a drop in production values after the awesome looking first episode, and the latest episode had some painfully out of place ecchi hijinks.

Darthtabby
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

Back to top Go down

Izetta: The Last Witch Empty Re: Izetta: The Last Witch

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Darthtabby wrote:Hiroyuki Yoshino, the writer of Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome, is involved with a new anime original series called Izetta: The Last Witch.  The series is set in a pseudo WWII setting, where Princess Fine of the tiny Archduchy of Elystadt is attempts to secure an alliance to save her country from imminent invasion.  Just as all hope seems lost, Fine finds herself unexpectedly reunited with Izetta, the witch she saved when the two of them were children.

While I don't see Izetta as a particularly yuri series, those of you with stronger goggles than I do may have a different opinion. Razz

In my view, the best thing this series has going for it is Princess Fine, a fine heroine who may not be able to shoot through a dozen bad guys but is definitely intelligent and gutsy.  Some viewers consider her a mary sue because everyone loves her, but I'm hoping that her lines crediting the love/trust of her people with keeping her alive are indicative of one of the series' larger themese.

Izetta is also a pretty likeable heroine.  Actually she's kind of adorable (and a bit of a klutz).  She suffers from poor self esteem as a result of a nomadic childhood where she was forced to hide her powers, but she doesn't hesitate to take action when she thinks its necessary.

On the negative side, there's a drop in production values after the awesome looking first episode, and the latest episode had some painfully out of place ecchi hijinks.

There's a chance those production value hiccups might be fixed in Blu-Ray releases. It's been happening a lot lately. Even my own precious Sailor Moon Crystal was once a victim. I'll never understand the need to rush episodes out.

Anyway, I've had my eyes focused on Izetta: The Last Witch ever since-I believe it was FUNimation/Crunchyroll who distributed the first promotional image on Facebook. It had two girls with hints of being yuri together (that's just wishful thinking on my end). Yuri or not, it looks amazing judging by the recent trailer. I'll get started on it as soon as I can. What caught my eye was the action sequences. Expected nothing less of Hiroyuki Yoshino. Let's just see if it can keep up the momentum. Reviews coming soon!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down