Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom?

3 posters

Go down

How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom? Empty How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom?

Post by GAP Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:02 am

How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom? Thgreg11

I don't watch that many yuri shows but how is the ShizNat ship portrayed in the fandom?  Is just a natural thing that isn't a big deal or is it something more?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom? Empty Re: How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom?

Post by CaptainVonCookie Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Generally speaking, two girls together in the Mai Hime fandom isn't a big deal. You'll always have the bigots, but fortunately it's a generally nice and inclusive fandom.
The big deal is that the girl who's with Natsuki is Shizuru. Then you have a debate between those who love them together and those who would like to see Natsuki with someone else (generally Nao).
I guess instead of a sexuality issue there's a "I think this or this character is best for her" issue. Being a die hard Shiznat fan it's actually nice seeing people present their other choices and never will the argument for sexuality discrimination come up.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom? Empty Re: How is ShizNat portrayed in the fandom?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Shizuru and Natsuki are so versatile, that they are portrayed in numnerous ways. The fandom mostly portrays them as their humor-filled Doropanda Tours-selves; with the heavy flirting and negi abuse! haha! But at it's core, it's portrayed as a loving relationship that people can relate to and/or yearn for.

Like the Crunch-a-tize me Captain said, sexuality is never an issue. I haven't met that type of fan yet. It's safe to say homosexuality is perfectly accepted because of how strong the relationships are in the series. ShizNat, Harukino (Haruka and Yukino), Choi (Chie and Aoi), Arika and Mashiro, Rosalie and Laura, Lena Sayers and Sifr Fran...they all offer something exciting and lovable. Nobody gives a shit that they're women in subtext or maintext relationships; they're just awesome for who they are.

And yes, people will argue over who belongs with who. It's up to you which couple you follow and worship. While NatNao can be compelling in terms of inexperienced young love, I prefer the maturity and playfulness of ShizNat from My-Otome.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down