Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16]

5 posters

Go down

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Empty Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16]

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsnap-2014-06-23-19h42m42s201_zps790d489b
otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsnap-2014-06-23-19h48m32s115_zps94a56a30
---

Before the events of Mai-Otome episode 16, Chie Hallard (Pearl Class Otome) is already aware of Tomoe's string of trouble making ever since Arika entered Garderobe. She knows that Miya was just a pawn in Tomoe's vindictive plots; so the question is...why didn't she turn Tomoe in? More importantly, why does she care enough about Tomoe to not turn her in for any kind of much deserved interrogation?

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsnap-2014-06-23-19h41m18s121_zps534c25d4
otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsnap-2014-06-23-19h41m36s63_zps0aa82f92
otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsnap-2014-06-23-19h41m25s199_zpsa4988e8e

This is one of the most fascinating character moments for Chie; it shows what kind of person she really is behind the suave pimp exterior. She's a kind and caring person; possibly understanding of teen angst being jealous of others? It certainly doesn't fit her own character, rather, something Chie herself has gone through. Yet, here she is, defending the guilty for the sake of being a kind mentor. In retrospect, you wish Chie handled this aggressively. Or not, maybe you're one of those people who felt her counseling of Tomoe was an awesome thing to do. If you were a little shit (which you most likely were), wouldn't you want someone to understand you? You can look at this from all directions really. Keep in mind that Chie was adamant about telling Tomoe to stop. Some people never get a second chance, but did Tomoe really deserve hers?

What are your thoughts on Chie giving Tomoe a free pass? ( Flirt And a rose for good measure~) Comment below and let me know! #Chie #ChieHallard #GayRose #Tomoe #PsychoBitch #TealFreak  # tomoe2
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Empty Re: Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16]

Post by Tomoe Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Because she was awesome.
Tomoe
Tomoe
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 39
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Empty Re: Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Tomoe wrote:Because she was awesome.

Right to the point, huh Tom Tom? Flirt 

Still, I'd like more heavy insight. MM member Zwei-Bird will fill us in with that soon.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomoe Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:44 am

Yeah, but I'm lazy. And why go in-depth on what should be obvious.
Tomoe
Tomoe
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 39
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Zweifel Marguerite Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 am

Honestly, I have a hard time understanding her reasons for doing this.
Maybe she wouldn't have enough proof to actually do something. While Miya was basically caught red-handed, Tomoe was smart enough to keep her hands clean to avoid suspicion. So, even though Chie knew about Tomoe and her plans, there is little she can do if she doesn't have a way of proving that Tomoe was actually guilty. This is my best guess so far, as all the other theories of Chie ignoring her wrong doings for the sake of being a good mentor seem a bit far-fetched. It may have been true that she wanted to resolve it all in a peaceful way - talk to Tomoe and hope she would come to her senses (or, at least, make Tomoe reconsider her plans).
Again, there is no telling that. Chie surely was suspicious of Tomoe, yet she didn't know that much about Tomoe herself and her plan. And, again, aside from what she saw personally and her suspicions, there was not really a way to tie Tomoe to the events happening. Proving Miya's involvement was relatively easy, but Tomoe? She is smarter than that. In short words - even though Chie seems like the type to love justice, there is little she can do in this situation. She is not the type to draw unnecessary attention, and I am sure she would clearly avoid making an accusation with no solid ground to base it on. It would have been pointless, and it would ruin her reputation as well. And, a part of me believes she wished that Tomoe would change when given the chance.
Zweifel Marguerite
Zweifel Marguerite
Resident TakuAki fanatic
Resident TakuAki fanatic

Bubuzuke points : 1192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm

It's a combination of cutting Tomoe a break, as well as the implication that Chie has seen Tomoe cause trouble long before Arika arrived in Garderobe. Trust me, Tomoe took every measure possible with precision.

Come to think of it, have you ever noticed how the Pearl Class are shown to be the Otome who don't exactly follow the rulebook? Chie doesn't rat on people and goes out on nightly dates with Aoi (the maid of the freakin' queen!), Akane Soir breaks with Otome-Master tradition to be and have sex with Emperor Kazuya and Shiho Huit.....well....I guess the Maki Maki thing and pool sabotage isn't exactly legal.  Shiho Huit 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hufflepuffor Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:02 am

Chie probably hoped that Tomoe would realize her wrongdoings herself instead of letting her learn the hard way =.=
hufflepuffor
hufflepuffor
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 10
Armitage GUTS!!! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:07 pm

hufflepuffor wrote:Chie probably hoped that Tomoe would realize her wrongdoings  herself instead of letting her learn the hard way =.=

That's a good theory, Huffle. I just think that Chie didn't take Tomoe's hush-hush reputation into consideration. Maybe she didn't know until recently (at that time, anyway).
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hufflepuffor Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:21 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hufflepuffor wrote:Chie probably hoped that Tomoe would realize her wrongdoings  herself instead of letting her learn the hard way =.=

That's a good theory, Huffle. I just think that Chie didn't take Tomoe's hush-hush reputation into consideration. Maybe she didn't know until recently (at that time, anyway).

Yeah, one gotta be careful with people like Tomoe. I have a feeling that she'll excel in politics.
hufflepuffor
hufflepuffor
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 pm

hufflepuffor wrote:
Yeah, one gotta be careful with people like Tomoe. I have a feeling that she'll excel in politics.

She already dabbled in politics as we've seen in My-Otome Zwei, LOL:

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsna24

To our relief, the people of Aries saw right through her!  laugh 

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsna25
otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsna26
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hufflepuffor Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
hufflepuffor wrote:

She already dabbled in politics as we've seen in My-Otome Zwei, LOL:

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsna24

To our relief, the people of Aries saw right through her!  laugh 

otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsna25
otome - Why was Chie willing to give Tomoe a pass? [My-Otome Episode 16] Vlcsna26

Hmm...maybe she's better behind the scenes? Carrying out secret manipulations.
hufflepuffor
hufflepuffor
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:41 am

hufflepuffor wrote:
Hmm...maybe she's better behind the scenes? Carrying out secret manipulations.

She was off to a good start exposing Earl's greatest heroine (in her most vulnerable state) to a bunch of terrorists. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 Tue May 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Chie is a Schwarz otome so naturally she'd give Tomo-chan a pass
Kiyohime8
Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun May 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Kiyohime8 wrote:Chie is a Schwarz otome so naturally she'd give Tomo-chan a pass

Not yet she wasn't! I'd have to watch it again, but I'm pretty sure her loyalties were to Garderobe in the beginning.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiyohime8 Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:33 am

I'm all Maki Makied about this Chie is from Schwarz Shiho Huit
Kiyohime8
Kiyohime8
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down