Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!"

2 posters

Go down

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Empty Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!"

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:51 am

Hello everyone. I literally just finished this anime and damn, I feel great. Sora no Woto is a studio original anime produced by A-1 Pictures, released in 2010. It's character design is exactly the same as K-ON!, but the whole sense of "Moe" ends there (don't believe what the ignorant majority says!). The series begins with the introduction of Kanata Sorami, an army volunteer who serves as a bugler (though not a very good one at first) stationed in the town of Seize in Helvetia (Switzerland), the town itself sits very close to No Man's Land, a result of a previous apocalypse in the past (our modern time) that occurred possibly due to nuclear warfare, this also resulted in much of the different cultures and nations of the world to become one mixed common culture across Helvetia, as the remaining survivors migrated to one place to survive. Once there, she is assigned to the 1121st Platoon residing in the town's Clocktower Fortress. She meets the other members: Felicia (the C.O.), Rio (the loyal second in command), Kureha and Noel. Since Rio is a master of the trumpet as a fellow bugler, she decides to train Kanata in music. From this point on the series follows a scattered plot that is mostly focusing on character development, with the first 5 episodes essentially serving as both world building and displaying the traits and goals of the characters. This all changes in episode 7 however, with Felicia's backstory explaining her PTSD. Everything after this episode becomes intensified and the story grows deeper with more drama and the character traits and explanations playing a large role in the growth and stance of each of the girls, boiling down to the difference between honoring one's duty, and doing what is right, doing what is human. The main theme of redemption and forgiveness, even the true willingness to forgive and move on is also very strong throughout the anime. This is reinforced with the numerous playings of "Amazing Grace", especially during key moments of the show. The song is used to symbolize a message for peace in a world torn by endless war, even as the Earth itself is dying. I thought this show was beautiful, even the OST, something that is often done half-assed, sets the tone well and is a work of art all on its own. When you listen to it, you feel like your right there with Kanata and the rest of the 1121st, sharing their experiences and the horrors of war, yet also the joys and serenity of ordinary people living in the world's final days. The show only has one 13 episode season (13 is actually a bonus ep that takes place after the final events of 12, but Crunchyroll has it listed with the main series since its very important) and a special episode, 7.5 which serves as a comedic relief (and it is fu*king HILARIOUS).

Full main series

http://www.crunchyroll.com/soranowoto

Ep 7.5

http://www.anime1.com/watch/so-ra-no-wo-to/episode-7_5

Checkout the first review for the show on MyAnimeList, I couldn't have said it better myself, what this person managed to say. Sora no Woto is beautiful at heart. :
\http://myanimelist.net/anime/6802/Sora_no_Woto

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Watch+should+i+watch+tonite+people+_3dc33aa2aa45e77eaeb465a38decd0a9

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Sora_no_woto_review1

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Sora-No-Woto-Bugle-Power

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Soranowoto0426540x304
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2588
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Empty Re: Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!"

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I watched this one years ago.
And it was great. I really liked the characters, and I could sense a bit of yuri subtext from Felicia and Rio. *3*
The ost is very nice too.
I really recommend this series to a bit of slice of life after the war... :D 
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!" Empty Re: Sora no Woto (Sound of the Sky) "Ama-zing Grace, how swee-t the sound!"

Post by midori's crazy398 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:I watched this one years ago.
And it was great. I really liked the characters, and I could sense a bit of yuri subtext from Felicia and Rio. *3*
The ost is very nice too.
I really recommend this series to a bit of slice of life after the war... :D 
I know! This show is good, I hate that everyone just judges it as a K-ON! clone just by looking at the art style, then they immediately give up on it. Or, they watch only one or two episodes (or the whole show if they feel bold) and then say it's a floppy sack of shit, just because they didn't get it, or that it took too long to set up, or that "there isn't enough blood, fighting, or twists, so this sucks balls, i don't wanna wait for anything, just give me everything now!" and then they act like a bratty child. >__> it seems like no one knows what world and scenario building are anymore.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah, I have a friend like that. If there's no shooting, killing or something of the sort, he doesn't like it.

I was really surprised at Rio, though, I really never expected that ending.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 pm

^
That ending = Rio x Kanata xD
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down