Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"My-HiME" or "Mai-HiME"? How do you address the series?

+10
Magus Phantalus
Ice Silver Crystal
Kazulous
CaptainVonCookie
shezaei-neko
Kino karutta-chan
Kuga Natsuki
franticfranz
~Wakana~
Luu Sky Sapphire
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"My-HiME" or "Mai-HiME"? How do you address the series? - Page 2 Empty Re: "My-HiME" or "Mai-HiME"? How do you address the series?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Mostly I get people saying they know naruto, dragon ball or sailor moon. Because well, Everything as been on a loop here ever since they came out decades ago! We had a channel for anime only for a couple months... Didn't catch on, and it was awful. We also had 2 hours night time for hentai at a well known channel. That was... Well it scared the shit out of me when i was a little kid and tentacles started going places!!!
And now look at you! You couldn't breathe without tentacles working their charms on a defenseless young maiden. *A* By the way, what was the name of this anime-only channel?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

"My-HiME" or "Mai-HiME"? How do you address the series? - Page 2 Empty Re: "My-HiME" or "Mai-HiME"? How do you address the series?

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Good thing that this forum exists.
There's very few people I can talk with about anime...
Specially on real life... I have to explain lots of things... ^^;

shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
CaptainVonCookie wrote:Mostly I get people saying they know naruto, dragon ball or sailor moon. Because well, Everything as been on a loop here ever since they came out decades ago! We had a channel for anime only for a couple months... Didn't catch on, and it was awful. We also had 2 hours night time for hentai at a well known channel. That was... Well it scared the shit out of me when i was a little kid and tentacles started going places!!!
And now look at you! You couldn't breathe without tentacles working their charms on a defenseless young maiden. *A* By the way, what was the name of this anime-only channel?
It was Animax. We had some nice animes actually, but in between all the crap nobody was willing to wait for them! Plus they started airing syfy shows and action movies like crazy! Well it didn't last a year!
We also had Locomotion for a couple years when I was younger. They had the primetime slots reserved for anime shows plus anime movies at night. That one was awesome but something happened and they stopped transmitting here. That's where my anime craze began!! I needed to see the rest of the shows so I started lurking around online and here I am! Natsuki Kruger2 
Dragon Ball, Naruto, Doraemon and Sailor Moon will forever be on in every channel they can cram it in though!
Plus TV here has a nice little functionality that allows us to create our own channels and rewind and save for later. So I know people created some anime channels that you can access with the code they provide. I'm just lazy and rather use my computer black cat 

I never saw Mai-Hime on TV though! Not a little commercial, not even any kind of merch selling!! So it's hard as hell to explain it to people!!!

shezai-neko : How I understand you!!! Have you tried explaining the yuri genre to people who keep mentioning doraemon as an example? It's exhausting!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Ah, the good old days of Locomotion...

When Animax took it's place, it was awful.
We had Locomotion here too, and it was great since it aired the shows in the original language with subtitles.

But then, with Animax, they sure aired more series, but they were poorly dubbed. And you can only get that channel through paid TV. I was NOT paying for that...

Now regarding the yuri explanation and doraemon...that must be indeed hard... Razz
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:30 am

Actually here Locomotion was dubbed, and I can't complain because the dub version of those days was top notch! That company was absolutely amazing, even today when I find the rare dubbing versions I'm amazed at how cool it all sounded! I'll never understand how we went from master piece dubs to what we have today.
Animax was all original language and subs! But they botched it... hard.

Did Mai Hime ever air on TV for you guys? And how did they name it?
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Sad to say that Mai-HiME never aired for me. I only had Animax for a limited time and they only had newer titles like K-On! at the time. Their dub for K-On! was tremulously inferior to what Bandai release. Good good, Animax! You couldn't afford better voice actresses?!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Same here. We never got a glimpse of Mai-Hime.
In fact, here is like a very underground title...

Last edited by shezaei-neko on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:18 am

i type it as Mai hime.
"my-hime" didn't click with me when the first dvd came out.
why "my" not "mai"?
^.^'
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:11 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Same here. We never got a glimpse of Mai-Hime.
On fact, here is like a very underground title...
Don't feel too bad for our series, Mai-HiME is in the same boat as hundreds of anime titles that haven't produced anything new in a while. I swear both Soul Eater and Full Metal Alchemist were dead in the water until the release of Brotherhood for Alchemist and the airing of Soul Eater on Cartoon Network's revived Toonami.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Kazulous wrote:Either way. If I say its the one with a swagger dragon and hawt lesbians my friends usually understand.
First off this put a smile on my face when I needed it most. And although the "hawt lesbians" could mean a variety of characters it meant shiznat for me. By Madokami how is it that shiznat is my most constant friend? The Dread Magus is going to go sob in a corner now...

On topic since my anime legends dvd case says "My-Hime" I typically refer to the bits of the My-Multiverse that I like(My-Hime anime, My-Otome anime, My-Hime EXA, ect) using the prefix My.

I typically reserve Mai for the bits of the My-Multiverse that I dislike ie the Mai Hime manga and the utterly loathsome Mai Otome manga.
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 am

Magus Phantalus wrote:On topic since my anime legends dvd case says "My-Hime"  I typically refer to the bits of the My-Multiverse that I like(My-Hime anime, My-Otome anime, My-Hime EXA, ect) using the prefix My.

I typically reserve Mai for the bits of the My-Multiverse that I dislike ie the Mai Hime manga and the utterly loathsome Mai Otome manga.
^ See guys? There are some fans who prefer the "My-" out there. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Very few, but hey! Whatever floats your boat! :D
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Very few, but hey! Whatever floats your boat! :D
Shizuru Kaichou : Notski floats mah boat~

Shizuru? Eat a Snickers. "My-HiME" or "Mai-HiME"? How do you address the series? - Page 2 Th10

Shizuru Kaichou : Wa?

You get a little Bandai when you're angry. Better?

Shizuru Kaichou : Kanin na~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 pm

facepalm

Poor Natsuki, she can never catch a break. Razz
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:24 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:facepalm

Poor Natsuki, she can never catch a break. Razz
Natsuki is forever destined to be a victim of Fujinoism~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Even if she complains, I really think she doesn't mind at all. Natsuki Kruger2 
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:55 am

shezaei-neko wrote:Even if she complains, I really think she doesn't mind at all. Natsuki Kruger2 
Natsuki Kruger2  Not at all! If anything, it's some kind of strange turn on. XD

Shizuru Kaichou : The angrier she gets, the wetter the sheets get~

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 pm

ShizNat1 : ENOUGH OF YOUR TALK!! I'm taking you right now................ah! I'm taking you away...no the other kind...wait...no Shizuru!! I didn't mean it like that!! SHIZURU STAHP!!!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by wetochan Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:50 pm

What this thread all about?? I need a guide! QAQ psyduck psyduck psyduck 

Lead me the way~poptart kat 
wetochan
wetochan
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 668
Armitage GUTS!!! : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:14 pm

wetochan wrote:What this thread all about?? I need a guide! QAQ psyduck psyduck psyduck 

Lead me the way~poptart kat 
Viola : Eye always lead in this relationship~

Basically this thread asks the question on how you prefer to say/write the title of the series. My-HiME (the Bandai Entertainment way) or Mai-HiME (the original way).

Understand now, Puppeh? Korra rasp 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:27 am

Mai-HiME.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:Mai-HiME.
The original and best. Remember what Sidney Prescott said:

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:Mai-HiME.
The original and best. Remember what Sidney Prescott said:

XD That she did! I like the original. ^^
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:XD That she did! I like the original. ^^
You betcha! I mean, I do get the "My-" part of it. It's Nagi constant claiming of Tokiha-san throughout the series. "MY-HiME!" But Mai-HiME is correct. It all started with the carrot top after all, so it's only naturally to refer to it like it.

mai hime ruby 

Don't forget that she's involved in every incarnation of our franchise. Even the elusive and rumored Mao-HiME, which turned out to be real. Use the forum's search engine to find it.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:XD That she did! I like the original. ^^
You betcha! I mean, I do get the "My-" part of it. It's Nagi constant claiming of Tokiha-san throughout the series. "MY-HiME!" But Mai-HiME is correct. It all started with the carrot top after all, so it's only naturally to refer to it like it.

mai hime ruby 

Don't forget that she's involved in every incarnation of our franchise. Even the elusive and rumored Mao-HiME, which turned out to be real. Use the forum's search engine to find it.
I couldn't find it in the search.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next