Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~)

+2
LyriumEidolon
midori's crazy398
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~) Empty Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~)

Post by midori's crazy398 Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Hey everyone! みんながだいじょうぶ?If so, then welcome to this thread, where you can share your own original characters and give a little background on them. Get as creative as you want, this thread is for all! If anything we can all discuss each others ideas and contribute. Pics are also allowed if you have any and want to share. I'll start off!

Akiri Ichiken-

GF: Kasumi Shizusatsu
Birthday: April 2nd
Eye Color: Grey
Hair Color: Light but almost dark brown
Height: 5'6
Nationality/Ethnic Background: 100% Japanese
Weapon: Chinese Broadsword (Dao, as seen below)
Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~) Bagua-Dao-b
Here's a pic: Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~) VengefulAkiri.128.825307

For more info and to read Akiri's story go here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/7743442-sword-girl

Start sharing everyone!

Kasumi: Akiri! What are you doing posing for pictures on the internet?! Your should only share your body with me! >:(

Akiri: Oh sh*t...gotta run! *Jumps on Natsuki's motorcycle and speeds away*

Natsuki Kuga: Wait, where the hell are you going?!
Shizuru Fujino: Ara, ara...you can't escape me now Natsuki :lol:.

Last edited by midori's crazy398 on Wed May 21, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2588
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~) Empty Re: Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~)

Post by LyriumEidolon Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 am

Can we also include OCs from Mai-series stories?
Until then, got a few Yugioh 5Ds OCs I feel like sharing.

From my 5Ds story The Void

Carnivore:
Approximate age: 17 (not stated in story)
Hair color: Black
Hair length: shoulder-length.
Hairstyle: lets hair run free down her back.
Eye color: Emerald-green
Personality: Aggressive (or at least I like to think aggressive)
Deck type: I'd say Beatdown deck. Has lots of dinosaurs in it.
Play style: Focuses mainly on discarding at least four Dinosaur cards to power up Miracle Jurassic Egg, whereupon it can be sacrificed to bring out one of her ace monsters. A backup strategy involves banishing Dinosaur cards in her graveyard to power up another monster.
Ace monster: (about four of them actually), Ultimate Tyranno, Super Conductor Tyranno, Tyranno Infinity and Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder (acquired during the course of the story).
Duel Title: Carnivore

Rebecca Scarlet:
Approximate age: 15 (not stated in story)
Hair color: dark green.
Hair length: shoulder-length (although, not quite as long as Carnivore's)
Hairstyle: ponytail (well, I imagined that, but forgot to identify it as such in the story)
Eye color: Blue
Bust size: Didn't specify in the story, but quite prominent.
Personality: Seductive, can be caring at times, and also persuasive.
Deck type: Control Deck (by control, in this case, I actually mean monster theft), focused around fiends if I remember correctly
Play style: Focuses on using her cards to steal opponent's monsters and use them against their owners.
Ace monster: Succubus Temptress (OC Card, tell me if you want me to post details) and Raviel, Lord of Phantasms (acquired during the course of the story).
Duel Title: Succubus
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~) Empty Re: Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~)

Post by midori's crazy398 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:34 am

@above
Sure, include any character of your own from anywhere. After all, they did come from your mind, even if they use tech and powers from an official series, that doesn't change where they came from in the first place: your imagination : p. Nice characters by the way, you really detailed their profiles 0-0.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:41 am

A few more OCs I feel like sharing:

From my Yugioh 5Ds story The Void:

Rebecca Scarlet's (see my previous post for her details) ace monster
Succubus Temptress
Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect
DARK
Level 7
(Succubus Knight + Maiden in Love)
ATK: 2000/DEF: 1500
When this card battles another monster, flip a coin and apply the relevant effect
If Heads: Negate the attack and place a Maiden Counter on the monster this card battled.
If Tails: no effect
As long as this card is face-up on the field, take control of any monsters that receive a Maiden Counter. Control does not switch when this card leaves the field. Once per turn, during your Main Phase 1, you can return one 'Change of Heart' from your Graveyard to your Hand.

(Personally, I find that monster quite fitting in her play style, not only because of the chance to steal a monster, but also the ability to return something you can use to steal monsters to your hand)

From my Mai Otome/Starcraft crossover They who would rival the Otome:

Scion:
A city hidden away deep underneath a mountain in western Zipang, in a large rock chamber. The city itself has a circular shape, surrounded by a black forest, and the only way into the large chamber is through a long diagonal, yet almost vertical tunnel leading to an area near the top of the Zipang mountain it is under. The only source of light are nine beams of light that the residents have long ago created, with one situated in the center of the city and the other 8 in the surrounding Black Forest (which is how the trees manage to grow). While the beams of light themselves are quite bright, the lighting they provide to the surrounding areas is rather minimal, creating a black/dark blue silhouette of the city and the forest (hence, Black Forest) and casting a blue hue over the rocks of the walls and ceiling of the chamber.

The people of Scion are led by the Tribunal, whose members (or Tribunes) govern the actions of the three Scion Legions. I envisioned the people as militaristic, yet reclusive and distrusting, drawing inspiration from Ancient Rome (with the exception that women can also serve in the Legions in Scion). Due in large part to the Black Forest and their technology, the city of Scion is fully autonomous on its own and, as a result, sees little need for trade. They also never officially leave their city, and the way they are hidden along with that, has ensured that almost nobody has discovered the existence of the hidden city of Scion.

As previously stated, there are three Scion Legions, all devoted to the protection of their Holy City. All Legions have at least one Legatus (general, though I might revise the story and have them use the anglicised 'Legate' at a later point), though usually have about three.
1: The Legion of the Gladius. They are the main military might of Scion, with all Legionaries being soldiers or researchers looking for new weapons to construct. While all Legions receive combat training, Gladius Legionaries continue their training so that they can fight better and defend Scion with their lives. The entrance tunnel on the Scion end is monitored by this Legion.
2: The Legion of the Castra. (Castra being a Roman shield if I remember correctly). They focus on the development of Scion as a city, whether it be from building construction to agriculture management or static defense development. Some of their achievements include the Scion Light Beams and a defense against their most hated foe (more on that later)
3: The Legion of the Frumentarii (a Frumentarius being a Roman spy if I remember correctly). As their name implies, these Legionaries are the spies of Scion, and almost the only people sent out of Scion. They are skilled infiltrators and can also hold their own in combat, and they are mainly used to gather intelligence of what is happening outside of Scion. Frumentarii also man a small observatory on the nearby Zipang mountains as mainly an early warning system against possible invaders.

The people of Scion have a deep hatred of Otome. I don't want to spoil the exact history here, but they were severely persecuted around the time of the Otome's creation, and fled from their 'oppressors' to the area that would turn into present-day Scion. The wounds of those times have led Otome to be reviled as witches, destroyers and the like, with a number of females in the Legion of the Gladius training themselves specifically to fight Otome. These females would later become known as the Sisters of Scion, and if any Otome were to stray into their city, both the Sisters and the Gladius would immediately take up arms to pacify the threat. The only way for an Otome to survive is for either someone prominent in Scion to talk the reception down, or for them to be in disguise. (I'm leaving out a few things here, as they get a bit gory I think and would falsely portray me as having severe anti-Otome tendencies myself).

However, nobody from Otome-using nations has managed to find Scion, so such incidents are almost unheard of. The only ones to find Scion before the story were the alien Protoss, initially hostile, but Scion managed to fight them to a stalemate. During the story, Scion also plays host to the Seminary of the Amber-Inlaid Path, three towers that are home to the Followers of Amber (people who, in the story, use the wood resin from the Black Forest to create amber, and using that along with Protoss tech to unlock the true power of their genes. Takumi, Akira and the attendant Iori are three known members in the story). Although there has now been trade between Scion and Zipang, very few people outside of Scion have knowledge of the city itself.

And that is all for now. I would like to thank midori's crazy398 from the bottom of my heart for creating this thread. So many OCs I want to introduce to the world, and at last, there is a place to do so other than just in my fanfiction alone I love you I love you I love you :D
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 pm

@Lyrium Eidolon
No problem! That was actually the reason why I created this thread in the first place, and since I'm also writing my own story (Sword Girl, you might have seen it in the Fanfic/Original writings forum here on MM) I wanted people's feedback on any characters I might introduce here, and as a place to archive current characters so my readers can have a guide in case they forget. I like your story and concepts, and Scion sounds like a place that would be awesome to visit...unless your an Otome lol. They really do give off the feeling of being advanced and mysterious from your description. Also, this is just a random guess, but given the word 'Lyrium' in your user name, did you play Dragon Age: Origins? : D
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Dulcy Mokoto

Weight: 123 lbs

Height: 5"7

Skin: Light Brown

Hair: Sienna Brown

Eyes: Deep Sky Blue

Dislikes: Weak opponents, lying, Unnecessary fights

Headstrong, Rugged, Energetic, Courageous

A young martial artist who has incredible arm strength, being able to lift a heavy weighted person or object. Her weapons are a pair of red finger less fighting gloves that match her outfit.
Dulcy's fighting style is called Kenku Ken, traditional martial arts blended with Karate inherited from her father. Her breast size is a 40DD.
Within her spirit lies courage.
Dulcy's appearance is similar to Ryu from the popular fighting video game franchise "Street Fighter" since she wears white clothes and a red headband on her forehead.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Interesting. Dulcy seems quite balanced, especially with her dislike of weak opponents being counterbalanced by her dislike of unnecessary fights. With the headstrong and rugged characteristics listed combined with the other things said about her strength, to me (or just about the average person running into her, I think), she sounds quite intimidating. Again, I think your 'dislike of unnecessary fights' counterbalance listed works very well, as it makes her approachable if you want to talk. Correct me if I am wrong, but her like of traveling and her energetic personality seem to suggest to me that she's got somewhat of a nomadic side to her.

Overall, Dulcy seems like quite an interesting character, with a fair amount of detail given here :D . The only detail I found lacking is what story she is in/where she can be found.

midori's crazy398 wrote: Also, this is just a random guess, but given the word 'Lyrium' in your user name, did you play Dragon Age: Origins? : D

I did, around late 2010, but I didn't get far. The name of the mineral Lyrium in the game sounded awesome, though. I've also linked to my Mai Otome crossover on the forum if you want to read. One more prominent OC I feel like sharing:

From my Mai Otome/Starcraft crossover They who would rival the Otome

Yuto (EDITED AS OF 18/6/2014)
Theme music: Starcraft soundtrack - Protoss 02

(Slight side note: The theme music is just there because I thought it matched him well, and I also just provided the link in case you want to listen without having to do tedious amounts of searching to find the right one. Also, please note that I do not own any theme musics named, but as stated above, just associate them with my characters because they seem to fit well with those characters)

Revised profile:
Preferred name: Iseyada Yuto no Kori
Height: About 4 feet (5 didn't quite seem like the midget height I was originally going for)
Hair color: Blue/grey
Hair style: untidy
Hair length: short
Skin color: White, but quite pale
Eye color: Yellow
Training: Architecture
Hobbies: crafting, clay modelling
Affiliation: Scion Castra Legion (Legionary rank), Followers of Amber.
Combat ability: Very Low
Myers-Briggs type: ISFP
Likes: Physically constructive actions, such as clay modelling, designing, building.
Dislikes: Violence, War, loneliness, rejection in favor of stereotypical images
Strengths: Logical mind, high intelligence
Weaknesses: Physically weak, low combat ability, eyes cannot tolerate sunlight (Can if during evenings or early mornings, when sun is near horizon)
Love Interest: Sara Gallagher
Common clothes: Yellow toga

Old abilities:
Divine form characteristics: (ONLY KEPT FOR REFERENCE)
Bright yellow exoskeleton over his body.
V-shaped indentation on his torso
Golden, elongated V-shaped bones extend from top of shoulders (one each), extend to hand, to give impression of shoulder armor.
Similar bones extend from waist down to just before feet (two each leg), except one is in front of leg, other behind leg.
Cyan-blue jewel on chest, between shoulder.
Facial exoskeleton: eyes covered by black membrane
One horn sprouted from forehead.

Abilities in (now old) Divine form:
Can make everything around him invisible (from ally Followers, to Dropships, to anything he deems an ally). The invisibility is generally unconsciously triggered.
Can teleport other people or equipment to his location, provided he has a visual on their location.
Can freeze other people, ships, lifeforms or war machines in a stasis crystal.
If I remember correctly, he can shoot a small sphere of energy from the chest jewel. Intended to be used only really as a last resort.

UPDATED:

Abilities in Divine Form:
-The crystal shell is highly resistant to all forms of damage.
-He can grow crystal on any part of his body and shape it into anything he wishes (for instance, he can make a sword of crystal, or a shield of crystal)
-He can create a spiny orb of crystal (think Crackling spell from Grandia 2, or this image: http://www.webdesign.org/img_articles/7254/3.gif). If that is thrown with enough force, it will explode like a grenade upon contact, shooting the various prongs outwards from the blast zone.
-He can, if he is touching the target, encase something in crystal by having it grow all over the target. Two possible uses of this are as a restraint or an extra armor layer.
-He can, as a defense mechanism, fire shards of crystal from his torso or back. This usually consumes the crystal shell he is encased in unless he grows the crystal in advance
-If his crystal shell takes too much damage, it explodes, blasting shards outwards from him. The damage decreases with range. This would leave him as a normal human with the only difference being that he is colored the same crystalline yellow. He can then regrow the crystal shell, but it takes about 30 seconds, double that if he is still under attack at the time. Name: Sol Spiritus (Latin: Sun Blast)

Weaknesses in Divine Form:
The crystal shell, while it protects him from damage, doesn't grant him any strength increases or any other benefits.
If the enemy manages to break the crystal shell and survive the explosion, there is ample opportunity to beat down on his exposed form, which is a lot easier to damage.
He still has a very low fighting ability, so if somebody is somewhat skilled in combat, they could still have a good chance of defeating him in a fight.
He still has low strength, so he cannot throw his 'crystal grenades' very far, and his crystal crafting is mainly used by allies.
He still cannot see in heavy sunlight so if he is fighting outside during the day, he is more or less blinded, giving his opponent a large advantage unless there is enough cloud cover to darken the skies.
Crystal-growth time can vary, from a few seconds for a small instrument to several seconds for a crystal grenade.

Biography:
He was born to a man from the Castra Legion of Scion, and a woman from the Frumentarii. Unlike most people of Scion, he didn't take to combat as was traditional, thus being left with little to no fighting ability of his own. He instead took interest in what was happening in the outside world; which is highly frowned upon unless you are one of the Frumentarii, and even then you don't go public with that. As he grew up, he instead studied theoretical material, gleaning lots of information such that he could be called a prodigy in his own right. He, however, made the mistake of openly questioning the extent and legitimacy of Scion's grudge against the Otome, earning him a beatings from other children and even a few adults, most notably Gladius Legionaries. By the time he grew to age 16, the age where it is customary to join a Legion, he was ostracized by almost everybody in Scion due to his openly questioning their traditions, grudges, and knowledge of the outside world. By this time, he was insistent on using the name of Iseyada Yuto no Kori as opposed to his birth name of Aurelius Maluginensis as a sign of that feeling of disconnection from Scion. He sometimes calls himself 'too much of a heretic'

When the time came for him to join a Legion, he chose to follow in his father's footsteps as a member of the Legion of the Castra. The Gladius was far too violent, and while the Frumentarii would go outside, they wouldn't interact directly with the people there. The Castra seemed like the only place where his talents, which involved architectural design and construction, could really shine. Still, after enlisting and going through the year's training course, he was still ostracized, which led his Centurion officer to pay little attention to him which in turn meant lack of work for him to do.

Yuto's first major project was the design and construction of the Seminary of the Amber-Inlaid Path at the behest of one of the Castra Legion's Legates. His designs were quickly adopted after being revised, with very little alteration needed, but since then there has been very little in the way of work for the Legion.

Due to this, he approached the Cardinals of the Seminary directly (as opposed to him being approached by a Follower, as he knew where to look) to become a Follower of Amber. Two main reasons behind his joining were to prove that despite his lack of combat ability, he was not weak. The other was to try and meet people, in an attempt to ward off the loneliness and desolation that creeps up on him due to his ostracizing by Scion. When you are shunned by that many people, it is hard not to feel lonely and wishful for someone to take an interest in you, even if just to be a friend.

Revision inspiration:
I wanted to go into a bit more length as of Yuto's background. Since Scion is based off ancient Rome, I also wanted him to have a Roman name, even if to change it to a more Japanese-sounding name to represent that perceived disconnect between him and the city.

That person who I mentioned a few posts back who helped me revise my characters also showed me that his old abilities were not so much inspired by as taken directly from a Protoss Arbiter, so we instead came by the idea of using crystal (originally started with only keeping the freezing enemies in crystal ability), and we tossed around ideas from there. We also came by the decision to remove the light-filtering membranes so as to present him with more of a weakness

Last edited by LyriumEidolon on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Revised profile)
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 pm

I've created her during my highschool days. She still needs some more re-editing to do.
I was inspired by Final Fantasy X. It got so bad to the point that the story and characters owed a lot to the game I loved so much.

Bit by bit, I am re-editing Dulcy and the storyline entirely. So this is what I have for scraps. She is one of my first treasured creations. I plan on reposting her later on.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:05 pm

Another OC character I feel like sharing:

From my story They who would rival the Otome

Corsair:
Height: I'd imagine about 6 feet
Perso
Dress code: Zipang Shadow Warrior regalia, black ninja robes, and his face is always covered by a mask and hood.
Weapon of choice: Balisong
Affiliation: Followers of Amber
Divine Name: Celertias Tenebrae (Latin: Speed of Darkness)
Abilities: Incredible speed, master of stealth.

Divine Form Characteristics
Body becomes black and scaly.
A black chitinous mask covers his face
A golden shoulder-extension appears on each of his shoulders, bending to create a semi-convex shape, yet remaining in line with the shoulders.
A blue spherical crystal appears in each of his palms.
Small hooks appear on his hands and feet. (allowing him to climb walls)

Abilities in Divine Form:
Increased speed
Camouflage with natural surroundings
Highly Sharpened Balisong (to the point it can slice cleanly through SLAVEs)
Breathes a gas that can knock people out (hence, the mask). His mask can be retracted to allow him to spread the gas to render resistance unconscious.
Crystals can emit a light and make him soar through the air at high speeds. Used for long-distance travel mainly, but can be used for short bursts of speed to get airborne or in mid air.
Shoulder extensions can allow him to shoot a web of electricity that disables any static defenses and weapons in a small target area

History:
Nobody knows much of Corsair. He is reluctant to share his past, and the only thing known about him is that he became one of Zipang's Shadow Warriors (the ninjas). He also became a Follower of Amber after the first attack on Zipang, and is one of those to remain distrustful of the Otome. Among people who he has worked with, he is also known to have an aptitude for sniffing out spies and traitors.

Might edit this post as I remember more information, but would like to see what you think.
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 pm

@above
These characters are awesome! Thank you for sharing so much already everyone! I was actually worried this thread wouldn't really take off at first, but the feedback so far has been great!

@topic
Time to share another SG character (she's heavily inspired by both my best friend and Kamina from Gurren Lagann)

Name: Mio Kyoya
Preference: women, especially double d's (her preferance is of my own choosing however, as my friend is straight)
Looks: Has waist length black hair, three piercings in her left ear, a tattoo of a roaring tiger on her back(also my own personal touch), is a C cup, and has brown eyes.
Height: 5'0
Outfit: Wears a long dark blue jacket cape (think a mix of Kamina's cape and Black Rock Shooter's jacket) without a hood. On its sleeves are wide white stripes, one for either sleeve. Above these stripes on both sleeves are small five pointed stars. On the back of this jacket is a large five pointed star with a seven pointed crown wrapped across it in a diagonal direction. Five curved lines run from the ends of the stars five points. The ends of the jacket are rounded, not torn. She wears a sarashi wrap to cover her chest underneath a short sleeved pointed collar shirt, with dark blue pants  with the hip covering sections removed, bound by a light brown rope belt. Steel plated Geta on her feet give the illusion of a taller appearance, as she is very self conscious and embarrassed of her short stature.
Weapon: She uses a ultra sharp katana with a blade forged from a combination of high carbon steel and her own Divine  Spirit energy. Because she has augmented it with her own energy, this blade makes it easier for her to channel her energy into the sword to perform attacks, such as the Chou Ginga Spiral (Super Galaxy Spiral).
History:Mio grew up in a very average and peaceful town in Hokkaido, however, despite her happy life with her parents and friends, she secretly longed for more out of her life and wanted to explore beyond the limitations before her. With her six other brothers and sisters grown up with family's of there own, she was also a lonely child. Only one of her many friends made her feel as if she actually had someone to look up to and whom would comfort her, a slightly older boy named Isshun who shared her sense of loneliness in his own family. When the village they lived in was attacked, both of their families were killed with the exception of Mio's sixth brother who was taken as a slave by the bandits that had attacked. The two managed to run away and trained secretly under a wondering ronin named Kensuke Yamamoto, who in addition to teaching them the sword, taught them to harness their own latent Heavenly Spirit energy. Once he died in a duel, they moved on together to travel the land aimlessly, but began to resent how infested Japan was with roving bandits and thieves, who had once been honorable samurai now turned ronin. Resolving to put a stop to the threat and prevent other towns from being ravaged like theirs was, they began to find other like minded warriors and eventually Isshun named the group the Star Kings due to their group being predominately male, and since they wished to eradicate the many bandits under the stars of the sky(he came up with the name at night) the name was formed. The group eventually expanded and grew in number as they fought many battles. Mio eventually became leader once Isshun was killed in battle after teaching her his Chou Ginga Spiral. His death devastated her, but eventually she regained her confidence and willpower after realizing that Isshun would want her to carry on his dream and mission. After hearing about the renowned Ichiken sword school, she decided to duel Hiroki (Akiri's father) as a contest of strength. Upon defeating him due to her strength from awakening her Heavenly Spirit energy, she left the duel unsatisfied, but taught Hiroki to respect women as fighters due to her strength.
Personality: Quick tempered, cocky, and hot blooded, most people tend to stay away from her or judge her as an idiot and loose cannon, but only those close to her know of her undying loyalty, bravery and kind heart. An emotional but prideful woman, the doesn't show fear or cry in front of others to preserve her tough image, but will do so once she is alone. She is a natural leader, able to inspire others and see their strengths and weaknesses.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:34 pm

@midori's crazy398
WRT to your happiness about this thread: I probably said this before, but I'm really thankful to you for creating it. I had so many characters I wanted to share, and with the option to now do so, I just couldn't resist. Again, many thanks I love you I love you I love you

Your recent character was also quite interesting. I don't know why, but characters who feel lonely and find a friend are quite appealing to me (part of the reason I paired my Yuto OC with Sara Gallagher from Mai Otome), and I like how Isshun is a key element in Mio's backstory. Quick question purely out of interest: was Isshun's death caused by a training accident or the aftermath of the training, or by something else that just happened to take place right then? Otherwise, she sounds like she is a little difficult to approach, but her habit of only breaking down when alone is also something I can sympathize with.

A particular OC place of interest I feel like sharing:
From my Yugioh 5Ds story The Void

The Void:
In the world of 5Ds, specifically the English Dub (as Japanese, to my knowledge, has them killed on the spot), many Psychic Duelists aspire to join the Arcadia Movement. These Duelists have the power to project their monsters and card effects into the real world, and because of that, they are ostracized in normal society, ridiculed as monsters. The Arcadia Movement is the only sanctuary from the hell these people endure, where they can meet people who sympathize with them. However, members are put through a torturous test to determine if their Psychic Powers are strong enough. Those who are get accepted into the Movement, while those who aren't are branded as failures and sent away to a secret facility.

That secret facility is the Void. Only a select few know where it is, and don't share the information. The 'failures' aren't even told that they failed, only that they have to pack their belongings (especially their Deck and Duel Disk) and the next day they are transported to an airfield, then flown to the Void. It can safely be assumed (as happened with main character Toby Tredwell in the story) that the failures assume they are being transported to a Duel Academy to help bolster their powers. The comforts of the private jet used to ferry the failures only serve to add to their anticipation and excitement. In the case of any loved ones, the Arcadia Movement assures them that their family/friends/whatever will be notified of their departure. All of this melds together to create a sense of bliss.

When they land, heaven turns to hell, as they are muscled through to the Warden's office through a series of white corridors. He decides where in the Void they will live, gives them new clothes (consisting of a black jumpsuit if I remember correctly), and they are muscled into the Cellblocks. In contrast to the corridors of the Warden's office, the cellblocks are painted black, with only a few lights here and there, and they are led to their cells (with beatings to help speed up prisoners not uncommon), which look a lot like actual jail cells right down to the bars. No information is given as to where they are, other than a mocking/sarcastic "Welcome to the Void" from the Warden and other security personnel.

Beyond the issuing of a Key Card to the prisoner, the staff don't take any measures to help people adjust, and many new prisoners are dependant on the kindness of strangers (of which there seems to be precious little). I kind of imagined it having a sort of prison mentality to it, to the extent that some will protect their interests jealously and may resort to force if they feel their comfort is threatened (as Carnivore did in the beginning of the story).

All new prisoners are given a 'Leniency Week' upon their arrival, which allows them one week to adjust to their new life before they are taken for 'lessons' by the staff. Such lessons may include blasting down a concrete pillar with the Spell "Hinotama", using "Psychic Sword" to pit two inmates against each other in a swordfight, and moderate electrical torture (by 'moderate', I mean bad enough to cause lots of pain, yet not bad enough to be fatal).

If they know of the option being open to them, then after at least a year in the Void, prisoners have the option to declare war. When this happens, each Cellblock must pick one Cell that has two people, and those pairs fight against the other pairs from the other fifteen cellblocks in a tournament ladder fashion. If people beat the ladder, they are confronted by three elite Duelists, and one loss causes the pair to lose. Once the pair has lost, war cannot be declared again for a long time (I think it was another year, but might double check). There is a slight hint that maybe, if a pair was to win a war, they would be granted freedom, but to date, no prisoners have ever won a war.

The food in the Void, while it is essential, isn't of good quality. Some have likened the coffee to sludge, and there have also been stale bread rolls, just to name a few. Vendors of the food don't sell from a single point; rather, there are multiple vendors, each specialising in a particular kind of food stuff (eg meat, bread etc) or drink (eg, carbonated, caffeinated) and it is up to the prisoner to find the right vendors. In the case of more complex meals, multiple trips are necessary.

Each cell has two bunk beds, and is also a black room. There is a miniscule reading light that, while it provides some light, it isn't enough to light up the whole cell. Prisoners have the option of 'securing' their cells; this involves them activating a mechanism where a large sheet of metal (reflective I think) rises up behind the cell bars that conceals the interior from outside view. Once the sheet is raised, an overhead light turns on and illuminates the whole cell.

The places prisoners are allowed to go on their own are all painted black. The places that only staff and special VIPs are permitted is colored white. One other prominent fact is that nobody has ever escaped from the Void.

I think that is about it. I left out certain details, because they are explained in my story at various points. Really sorry if this seemed depressing, but that was kinda what I was going for when I created the place. It intrigued me as to where the Arcadia failures were taken, and it seemed to make sense that they were shipped off to as bleak an environment as that considering the secret practices of the movement and the fact that those people were "failures". It is the main setting for the story of the same name, and involves many trials undertaken by the characters inside its bowels. I just decided to bring it here, as it was a place I actually took a lot of joy in creating and having characters confronted with life inside, and how they would adapt and eventually overcome.
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:38 am

LyriumEidolon wrote:@midori's crazy398
WRT to your happiness about this thread: I probably said this before, but I'm really thankful to you for creating it. I had so many characters I wanted to share, and with the option to now do so, I just couldn't resist. Again, many thanks I love youI love youI love you

Your recent character was also quite interesting. I don't know why, but characters who feel lonely and find a friend are quite appealing to me (part of the reason I paired my Yuto OC with Sara Gallagher from Mai Otome), and I like how Isshun is a key element in Mio's backstory. Quick question purely out of interest: was Isshun's death caused by a training accident or the aftermath of the training, or by something else that just happened to take place right then? Otherwise, she sounds like she is a little difficult to approach, but her habit of only breaking down when alone is also something I can sympathize with.
I'm glad you like her! Isshun dies by sacrificing himself in a battle against random bad guys who were very powerful, because when he taught her his signature move, he also lost most of his Divine Spirit (Ten Chikara, in JP) by using up most of it when he showed her the technique, as he had not mastered it or fully learned how to control it. The battle he died in occurred two days later, and by this point he was already breaking down, so when the enemy forces were overrunning the Star Kings, he stayed behind to buy time while they escaped. His last act as leader was to transfer the position to Mio (thus giving her his cape jacket as a symbol of office)
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:37 pm

First of all, I quite like what you have done with the story of Isshun's sacrifice. That cape transfer seemed like so much more than a badge of office, but conveyed to me the transfer of his hopes and dreams to her.

Anyway, just a random side note, but I find the fact that this thread hasn't gotten many visitors quite depressing. I guess I find it frustrating when there appears to be a lack of interest in a topic that, to the people on it, is an intriguing avenue to explore.

Anyway, a few characters I wanted to post here, from my Rosario Vampire/Cthulhu Mythos crossover on fanfiction.net, have been on my mind for quite a while. I'm in the process of writing their individual stories, and crafting their grand scheme(s), but in the meanwhile, I really want to share what I have done. It is a rather dark piece of work, but I am enjoying writing it.
WARNING: The story does contain elements of horror, so the characters may be a little unnerving.

The Sugiyama family:

Sugiyama Misaki
Height: Around 6 ft I think (not really good with heights somedays)
Hair color: White
Hair length: around shoulder length I think (I intended it originally to be extending past her shoulder blades, but I think I messed up with the earlier chapters describing her appearance)
Hairstyle: Free flowing
Eyes: Sea-blue (originally, early in story), Sapphire-blue (Present)
Appearance: (Not stated in story) Usually wears a white gown when at her lair, but changes into various disguises depending on the situation, or an electric blue suit if visiting town.
Personality: Cold, doesn't like being interrupted, distant.
Yokai species: Witch
Wand: Sapphire-tipped (small sapphire on the end of the wand)
Patron lady fumi: Cthulhu
Abilities: Primarily water-control.
-When her wand touches anything that is even partially made up of water, she can gain control over that body of water. Many times she uses this as a form of mind-control to influence people.
-She can use a basin of water to communicate with whoever she wants, but she only ever seems to do this with her younger sister.
-If forced into combat, she can summon a stream of water, usually by placing the wand tip on her closed eye and having the water stream down in a similar fashion to crying. Sometimes, though, she has produced the stream of water from her mouth as well, but with the wand tip still on her closed eye.
--She can then control where the stream of water goes, and although that stream alone isn't lethal (unless she decides to try and drown her victims), she can use her first ability to brainwash them.
-She can also delve into people's memory at a whim, and force them to relive whatever she chooses, but it isn't as powerful as the mind-control. Usually, if she is fighting multiple people, she will use this to cause one person to turn tail or betray the others. (Before mastering the Mind Control techniques, Misaki practiced with voodoo dolls, but they have since become redundant)
-She can also summon Star Spawn, but this spell is taxing and requires a lot of concentration
-She also has strange dreams, and they can show her a plethora of things.

Misaki is a devout Cthulhu acolyte, ultimately wanting to bring her master to this world. She is good friends with her younger sister Rin, as not only are they both witches, but the two of them have gotten away with a lot of trouble so far. Her relationship with her even younger brother, Sora, is much more strained: she hasn't forgiven him for killing their mother (she in fact died at his birth, but Misaki was young at the time), but has since found a use for him in dealing with the benign domestic duties around her lair.

Sugiyama Rin
Height: Around 5.6 ft.
Hair length: About the same as Misaki.
Hairstyle: Ponytail
Eyes: Ruby-red.
Appearance: Traditional Yokai uniform of green blazer, yellow skirt. Other times (not stated in story) she prefers to wear short red skirts and white tank tops.
Personality: Playful, considered by some to be a pyromaniac. Gets bored quickly. Enjoys pulling pranks on people (not stated in story), and if given the chance, she enjoys manipulating and bullying people (though unlike Misaki, she does it more for fun). She also has a habit of shortening their names and adding an honorific, such as calling Misaki "Misa-chan", Sora "Sora-kun", Yokai Academy teacher Ririko "Riri-chan"
Yokai Species: Witch
Wand: Ruby-tipped. (She may be carrying more than one, hiding them in her sleeves, ready to draw at a moment's notice.)
Additional tools: Crystal ball (Quite large, round head size, though probably not stated in story)
Patron lady fumi: Cthugha
Abilities:
-Traditional Crystal Ball scrying techniques (hardly used, she finds it too demanding and boring)
-Can levitate objects (often used in conjunction with her crystal ball)
-Can cause objects to burst into flames. This is often used with her large crystal ball to turn it into a 'fireball', and used with her levitation ability to send that fireball at other people. However, she doesn't set people on fire this way. Either she lacks the ability, or finds it too boring.
-Can shoot a stream of fire from her wand(s)
-Can control fire behavior. Often used to transfer fire onto her hand, then when she touches her opponent, she transfers that fire psychically onto said opponent, causing them to burn.
-Can breathe in fire. This is most often used to weaken fires or flame-based creatures, although it does require that they be marked beforehand. The weakening can be done covertly.
-Can breathe fire. This is either done by having her exhale when her wand tip is pressed against her throat, or by breathing out the fires that have built up inside her after she breathed them in via the previous ability
-Can summon Fire Vampires, though this takes up much of her concentration, so it is usually done covertly. If she breathes in the flames of a Fire Vampire, she gains its knowledge and experience.

Rin, although not sworn to Cthulhu like her older sister Misaki, still aids her in her plots. To this end, she goes undercover at Yokai. She misses the days when she and Misaki weren't in the occult business and were better friends. She can also sense a growing divide between Misaki and Sora, and is trying to fix that so that ultimately they can be a family. Despite her lack of academic diligence, she has taught Sora much of what she knows since Misaki didn't bother sending him to school. She is the only one of the Sugiyama sisters to give their little brother any attention, often playing with him using her powers, though the nature of such play is questionable when bushes suddenly start combusting.

Sugiyama Sora:
Height: 4ft
Hair length: almost shoulder length
Hairstyle: fanning out to the sides (Google Image Haman from Gundam if you are unclear on what I am trying to convey)
Eye color: Emerald-green
Appearance: usually brown, dirty shirt and pants, with old sneakers
Personality: Starts off as very shy, thankful for any aid he can get. However, as things progress, his view becomes increasingly darker, having seen the true nature of the world. Despite his age, he has a good poker face and ability to lie.
Yokai species: Human
Patron lady fumi: Yig
Abilities:
-As stated above, good ability to lie.
-He is an agile fighter, able to perform various acrobatic tricks and pull off precise attacks if forced into close combat
-He can control snakes with his mind, although since he is still young and acquired it recently, he has yet to develop the ability into its later stages. For now, he compensates by various moves that he performs to more easily visualize what he wants the snakes to do (For instance, he thrusts his palm out and then clenches a fist, a snake pounces and bites into the target)
-He can summon snakes from shadows, so long as nobody is looking at the entry point.
-(Later in the story) He can breathe out poison gas.

Sora is the youngest of the three Sugiyama siblings, and the only guy among them. Unlike the other two, he finds his lady fumi during the course of the story and not before. Since then (but also by virtue of the fact that he was kicked out temporarily by Misaki), he has deserted his sisters, and is working to fight against their plans, first because he wanted to save the world, but it evolved to the reason that he is doing it out of spite against his sisters, who he feels no connection with. Misaki just makes him do all of the housework and treats him like a slave, and Rin is always trying to set him on fire under the guise of 'play'. So far, they are not aware that their brother is also wielding the powers of a Great Old One.

Anyway, that is it for now. I would appreciate some help in refining these characters, as I think there's still a bit of work that can be done, but I can't quite see it. If you see something you like, or something that you think needs revision, please let me know.
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:22 pm

^
These are some solid and well thought out characters. I don't see the need to refine much, though my only question is, how is Sora going to fight his sisters? Will he build an army or go solo and take them out one by one? Or will his patron intervene...so many options to choose from 0-0. I like the characters and I like their powers overall. Thanks for approving Isshun and Mio's relationship! I'm still under the heavy influence of Gurren Lagann with those two, so I wasn't sure if people were gonna tear me a new one over it being so similar.
----------------------------------------------------------------
NEW CHARACTER YA'LL! This is the main protagonist of my future second novel, "On the Wings of a Dream", a story set in a slightly alternate WWII. I've been reading a shitload of books and ace biographies as research for this (well it's also because I'm a huge WWII air history buff and aircraft maniac, you can blame Strike Witches for giving me the bug with all it's WWII influence and facts)

Name: Tsubasa Amezora
Birthday: July 6th 1919
Nation: Japan
Squadron: 398th Air Battalion
C.O.: Erika Nagano
Airplane Model: Kyushu J71W Shinden "Magnificent Lightning"
Hometown: Osaka, Japan
Squadron Base: Sapporo, Japan 5 miles north of the city, while stationed in Germany, 5 miles north of Wiesbaden
Father: Kyosuke Amezora
Mother: Megumi Amezora
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Long with spiky bangs covering left side of her face
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'5
Weight: 115 lbs
Sex: Female
Mental Condition: Seemingly stable but psychologically disturbed. Has nightmares, cold sweats, and depression
Romantic/Sexual Relationships: Pilot Officer Yukiko Torinaka, later Flight Lieutenant Haruna Mussolini after Yukiko's *incident* (removed for plot spoilers)
Platonic Relations: Satomi Watanabe, Kyoko Watanabe, Shirley Anderson, Francesca Mussolini, Johanna Ostermann, Agostina Guerriero
Background: Father served in WWI as a fighter pilot and is currently a flight instructor for the Imperial Japanese Navy. Mother is a school teacher in Osaka. Became friends with Satomi and Kyoko Watanabe in elementary school following a bullying incident with Mitsuru Yamamoto. All three learn flying from Tsubasa's father in high school. Develop a passion for it and join the Navy's air section at the start of the war in 1939 to seek glory and continue to pursue flying. Has a good relationship with her comrades. Tsubasa meets Yukiko at the base, and helps her cope with her nervousness in the face of war. Is held in high regard due to her father's reputation from WWI. Bonds with Yukiko after a few battles and from defending her in disputes with Captain Nagano. Is sent with her battalion to Germany to assist in the European Theatre of operations. Meets Heidi Schnaufer, her joint C.O., Haruna, Francesca, Agostina and Johanna as well as other German and Italian air women. Meets Shirley Anderson, a United States POW in a concentration camp and pities her. Begins to lose confidence in her nation's purpose for fighting and abhors Heidi's strong support of Natzism.

------------------------------

I'm afraid I must stop here simply because any more info would ruin the entire plot for everyone who wants to read this book in the future.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm

I don't really want to spoil much with regard to how exactly Sora deals with his sisters, but otherwise, it will most likely involve allies of convenience drawn to a common goal. I'm still in the process of writing Act 2 of the story, but the main showdown will only likely begin in Act 3. Really glad you like the characters, though.

WRT to your OC Tsubasa, overall I like her. I have to say though that she seemed to have a slightly naive side to her when joining the air force to 'find glory' were it not for how you mentioned her mental state. On that note, the mention of her mental state is quite intriguing, as it suggests to me that it may probably deteriorate as she discovers some things that make her question her and her nation's motivation for the war effort, also considering how you said she is losing confidence and abhors her C.O's support of Nazism. I am really interested to see how that particular scenario will play out.

Also, considering that her father was a prominent WW1 figure and her motivation was partly to find glory, do you think she'd feel herself being overshadowed by him? Part of me thinks that, maybe, she'd grow dissatisfied with living with her father's fame, and set out on a mission to make herself a new, separate legend.

Otherwise, like I said, she sounds like she could turn out quite interesting.

Quick questions:
-I really feel the urge to post some of my story-featured Yugioh card ideas here, mainly those that have an important role to play in the story, and see what people make of them. Would it be okay me doing so? (I promise I will explain their relevance in the respective story's plot)
-For one character post I did (Yuto, iirc) I included music I considered fitting theme music, but I'm not too sold on doing it for others. Your thoughts, should I or should I not?
-On my 'Yuto' OC from earlier, I am wondering on whether to revise his powers. Although they fit with his personality of preferring not to fight, I can't help but think that he is too defense-focused. Trying to plan out a sequel involving him, and I kinda want to evolve his Divine Form, maybe give it at least a little more offensive power so he can better defend himself if he is dragged into battle. Do you have any ideas?

Also trying to decide what OC I want to showcase next. Been wondering if I should showcase a Transformers race I made up or not.
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 pm

LyriumEidolon wrote:I don't really want to spoil much with regard to how exactly Sora deals with his sisters, but otherwise, it will most likely involve allies of convenience drawn to a common goal. I'm still in the process of writing Act 2 of the story, but the main showdown will only likely begin in Act 3. Really glad you like the characters, though.

WRT to your OC Tsubasa, overall I like her. I have to say though that she seemed to have a slightly naive side to her when joining the air force to 'find glory' were it not for how you mentioned her mental state. On that note, the mention of her mental state is quite intriguing, as it suggests to me that it may probably deteriorate as she discovers some things that make her question her and her nation's motivation for the war effort, also considering how you said she is losing confidence and abhors her C.O's support of Nazism. I am really interested to see how that particular scenario will play out.

Also, considering that her father was a prominent WW1 figure and her motivation was partly to find glory, do you think she'd feel herself being overshadowed by him? Part of me thinks that, maybe, she'd grow dissatisfied with living with her father's fame, and set out on a mission to make herself a new, separate legend.

Otherwise, like I said, she sounds like she could turn out quite interesting.

Quick questions:
-I really feel the urge to post some of my story-featured Yugioh card ideas here, mainly those that have an important role to play in the story, and see what people make of them. Would it be okay me doing so? (I promise I will explain their relevance in the respective story's plot)
-For one character post I did (Yuto, iirc) I included music I considered fitting theme music, but I'm not too sold on doing it for others. Your thoughts, should I or should I not?
-On my 'Yuto' OC from earlier, I am wondering on whether to revise his powers. Although they fit with his personality of preferring not to fight, I can't help but think that he is too defense-focused. Trying to plan out a sequel involving him, and I kinda want to evolve his Divine Form, maybe give it at least a little more offensive power so he can better defend himself if he is dragged into battle. Do you have any ideas?

Also trying to decide what OC I want to showcase next. Been wondering if I should showcase a Transformers race I made up or not.

Your welcome about the characters, I understand the desire to prevent giving spoilers. In the case of any "On the Wings of a Dream" characters I post, I'll also be withholding spoilers since I plan on screwing with all of their minds and spirits (this is a war story afterall).

About Tsubasa's mental state, those are all symptoms that she gains as she continues fighting in the war, because, like you mentioned, she does begin to waste away mentally. At the beginning however, she is indeed naive and rather cocky about her abilities in the air. I plan on having her and Heidi argue a lot, but nothing too severe since that kind of stuff would get her thrown in prison or sent back to Japan for hurting a C.O., and well, that would ruin the point of the story, which is to follow her adventures in the war. About her father's reputation, I plan on having her be rather proud and slightly boastful of his achievements, in fact, she will be the only one to fly a Shinden because the government valued her as a propaganda tool since her father is famous, in addition to having high hopes for her. However, I will make her secretly envious of him and use that as a part of her drive to do well in the scoring of kills, in the beginning at least.

QCA:

1. Yes, you may post the main relevant cards, but try to relate them to the character that uses them, otherwise they would seem out of place (though I guess explaining their relevance in the story technically covers this anyway)

2. It's fine to post theme music, and think you should just go with your gut feeling and add music for those characters whom you've figured out enough to know what song fits them best. If you aren't sure on music for a character or just don't want to give them any, that's totally fine and normal for a writer in my opinion. I myself still need to completely flesh out and discover the characters I want to write about, you won't always be sure as to what fits or if anything will even fit at all, so that's totally up to you based on what you feel is and isn't fitting for them.

3. Here are some attacks  Nao Yuuki 

- His energy beam from his chest jewel that you mentioned before
- The horn he gains can be used as a close quarter melee weapon
- His exoskeleton can concentrate raw energy and explode it outward to hurt any one that is 20ft away or closer, anyone who is right of top of him will die from the damage versus anyone who is at the 20ft mark will just suffer burns and be pushed back by the energy.

4. Transformers...I look forward to seeing those, since they'll be MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!...yeah I know that was pretty cheesy   Akira Okuzaki 
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Wrt screwing over characters' minds, that is also something I'm going to do in my crossover with Sora, maybe even Rin and, to a lesser extent, Misaki. Without going into spoilers, I'm trying to do something along the lines of psychological horror there, and so far I am pleased with the way things are going. All the best for your story, and I hope it turns out well :D

Of the attacks you have suggested for Yuto, I like the explosion of energy idea quite a lot. I can easily see him using that ability (even if unconsciously at first) when a mob has backed him into a corner and there is no other way out except with force.

And now, without further ado, I present my Transformers OC race. I originally thought it up during my teens when I watched Transformers Energon, but recently, I have almost completely overhauled the race due not only to a whole series of errors and gray areas, but also due to the fact that they were at the beginning just super-staunch allies for the Autobots

Name of race: Technomads (The name is one of the only things to have survived the overhaul. I originally created the name by combining 'Techno' and 'Nomad')
Philosophy: Researchers
Home world: Unknown
Energy blast color: Blue (Energon had the thing of coloring the faction's gunshots: Autobots; red, Decepticons, purple, Terrorcons (which I originally thought was spelled 'Terracons'), yellow).
Government: hive-mind
Habitat: Enormous cone-shaped white battleships.
Leader: No universal leader. Instead, each ship has a Master AI that controls and coordinates its crew. Information-sharing happens via wireless exchange of software, and all information is relayed to the AI before it makes a decision.
Behavior: Individual units interact with others in a manner more like computer interfaces than sentient beings. However, the AI can clearly communicate with other beings remotely if it can establish contact. As a race, Technomads are generally reclusive. If they do interact with other races, they usually do so from the shadows, experimenting with the other race's behavior
Physiology: They have bodies strikingly similar to Earth's insects, although some drones look more like arachnids. Unlike other Transformers which rely on Energon, the Technomads' primary power source is the sun. Also unlike other Transformers, their bodies are much more streamlined so as to look almost identical to the insects which people associate them with

True to their name, the Technomads are intergalactic nomads with access to advanced technology. Their success has largely been because of them managing to stay out of the more destructive events of the universe. From what the other galactic races lucky (or unlucky) enough to encounter them have seen, they are primarily researchers. If they find a species interesting, they will retrieve any data on that species that they can get their hands on, and even go so far as to experiment with their behaviour by pulling various strings from behind the scenes, all in the name of research. However, they very rarely interact with any salient races they come into contact with, and mostly, they interact when they choose to do so

Although they aren't militaristic by nature, early on they saw a need for weapons development, and the need to protect their civilization. They have, therefore, outfitted their cone-shaped motherships with a whole plethora of armaments, ranging from blasters (whether small to deal with mid-air forces, or large if they come across hostile battleships) to lasers (same range as blasters, except used for more precision shots) to a main gun that is extremely destructive (it can easily level a major city on Earth, but at using up 25% of the ship's power, it has a very high power drain compared to the other weapons). Despite each ship's massive arsenal, the weapons appear to be used mainly to keep trespassers away from the mothership, and very rarely has a Technomad ship ever gone to a full-scale war.

Forms:
-Dragonfly
This unit is primarily a scout. If it transforms from its insectoid form to a humanoid form, its body splits down the middle and opens to the sides, exposing the legs attached to the torso, and the arms at the end of each body section. The arms then shoot into the shoulder sockets, after which the insectoid body splits into sections and curls up, so as to form spirals. Its head remains the same, merely readjusting its angle so as to make it look like it a true humanoid. Unlike other Technomad units, its insectoid legs don't double as its humanoid limbs, but are rather blasters and extra limbs with which to grab large masses. If its Operating Software is upgraded, then sets of three legs can double as a lightning cannon. With this, it can have two lightning cannons, but these weapons are more to be used in an emergency. This unit is usually kept away from intense battles.

-Ant
This unit is primarily a worker. If it transforms from its Ant form to a humanoid form, its two most forward legs on each side will bunch up to have them all linked to the same shoulder, while the rear legs shift down to where the third segment of their body used to be. That third segment ascends their backs and takes its place on the back of the transformed ant, but it can be detached and used at a moment's notice. Like with the Dragonfly, the head just angles so as to not look at the ceiling. These units will commonly be used for maintenance and sometimes construction. Although they are also armed, their armaments are weak at just one pincer-mounted gun and, with an upgraded Operating Software, their backpack 'stingers' gaining the ability to double as flamethrowers. They are the only Technomad units without wings, although they can have wings fitted if their task requires them to travel into space or over long distances. They are, however, kept away from the battlefield, and usually only in the ships or their immediate vicinity.

-Wasp
In times of war, this unit is primarily a raider. Its transformation is much similar to its Ant counterpart, except its stinger is refitted onto one of its four arms, usually the lower left arm. The two upper arms are held by its head and angled so as to look like cannons. Here, all of its arms have cannons installed into the 'hands'. The way they hold their stingers can also be reminiscent of a 'Guard'. Although it can fire energy blasts, it can also use its stinger as a piercing weapon in melee (although it only does this if forced into unavoidable melee combat). If its OS is upgraded, the stinger can fire off an explosive projectile (which if enough energy is powering it, can be considered a bombing weapon), and if the OS is further upgraded, the stinger can act as a flamethrower (more powerful than the Ant one) and spew jets of flame forward. If in Insect mode, the stinger is also used as a thruster to traverse space. Although they can sometimes be seen on the front lines with Soldier units, they themselves are mainly just hit-and-run units that do not last that long under fire

-Stag Beetle
In times of war, this unit is primarily a front-line soldier. Its transformation is similar to the Wasp and Ant, except it has a more pronounced lower body, to which its legs move while its two more forward leg pairs clutter up and serve as two arms for each side joined up at two very similar areas. In addition, two arms (most often the lower arms) take each horn and wield it as a melee weapon. The upper arms, like the Wasp, are used as cannons, but all arms have weapons installed. Its shell splits and rotates until giving the arms Saiyan armor-style shoulder guards. The shell generates a barrier that protects against enemy fire, proficient mainly at defending against small arm fire, which helps it to survive sustained combat. While the field is active, though, the unit cannot propell itself with its wings. Also, the Stag Beetle is the only Technomad aside from the Mantis to be able to enter melee combat. It mostly uses the horns, which if the unit has upgraded its OS, spark electricity when they make contact, maing it damaging to robots. If the OS has been further upgraded, the horns can also double as Lightning Guns, shooting bolts of lightning at the enemy, although this one is more powerful than the Dragonfly lightning gun. Finally, their shells have, at some sections, got small cannons built into them if there is ever a need for suppressing fire, as the leg cannons don't work like automatic weapons. They are the most common sight in a prolonged firefight, often bearing the brunt of attacks and firing back or charging into melee, while Wasps give ranged support.

-Mantis
This unit is primarily a spy, although it also defends the core of its ship AI. Its transformation mainly involves the sliding of its winged section of the body onto its back, while its 'walking' legs join together to form two slightly wider humanoid legs. If it is forced into melee combat, it has many metallic barbs on its 'foreleg' arms that can damage whatever they hit. Aside from that, it has miniature cannons stashed inside the 'shell' protecting its wings in case it is forced into a firefight. Being a spy unit, it has a built in cloaking system to hide it from view, and if it needs to assassinate something, it has a powerful laser cannon in its mouth, used in much the same way as a Sniper Rifle. Usually, if it is deployed, it is to undertake a dangerous mission that calls for subtlety, and it most often stays away from major skirmishes unless the objective requires otherwise. This unit is also the only Technomad to travel across the void of space with only its wings (as it has the power reserves to do so)

With regard to the 'Wings', each Technomad unit that has wings can use them to propell themselves in the desired direction. It is most often used for brief bursts of speed or for short trips, say, around a planet. If the units decide to travel through space, they are usually propelled by some form of thruster, save for the Mantis which has enough power reserves to only use its wings to travel through space.

Aside from the units and mothership, there are also a few platforms used by the Technomads, most commonly resembling Platonic solids. The most common is a Weapons platform, shaped like a tetrahedron, and is used as a monitoring outpost/command post/signal booster/static defense.

With regard to the other Transformer factions, they view the Autobots with suspicion. The Technomads, having researched much on behavior and only having recently made first contact with the Autobots, question their stance that 'they want peace and justice', wondering if they secretly desire to rule and are merely using the banner of peace to covertly lord over the humans. The Decepticons, at least, are honest about wanting to reign supreme, but the Technomads question their constant unwavering use of force. The Autobots, however, have proven to be much more approachable than the Decepticons, but all the same, the Technomads are still suspicious, to the point that they use worm viruses to make any captured Autobot and Decepticon soldiers into moles.

Otherwise, that is all I can remember at present. I might add a bit more info as I remember more. Until then, what do you think, and is there anything I need to revise here?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Original Characters Thread (Feel free to share~) Empty Spirit Break Characters!

Post by Bluholic711 Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Allright, I think I'm ready to show off my characters for a highly anticipated project. I have 8 protagonists, so I will be uploading three at a time here.

Dulcy Mokoto
Skin: Light Brown
Hair: Sienna Brown(turns red invoking spirit mode)
Eyes: Deep Sky Blue (both turn red invoking spirit mode)

Headstrong, Energetic, Straightforward, Tomboyish

A young martial artist who is excitable as she is stubborn.
Dulcy has incredible arm strength, being able to lift heavy weighted people. She has a pugnacious streak which gets her into trouble from time to time.

Despite her erratic demeanor, she is a kind and helpful person who tries to get long with everyone. She has lived an independent life ever since her mother disappeared four years ago. She has been trapped in her hometown for as long as she could remember and longs to see the world and the discoveries it has to offer.

Within her spirit lies courage. She is the third strongest person in the series.
Dulcy has disheveled  short hair with a red headband. An unzipped silver jacket with matching short shorts. A cloth belt with fire symbols. Under the jacket is a revealing red tube-top. On her hands she wears elbow-length red gloves with added pads on the elbows. Her feet are covered by silver strapped boots donned with fire symbols. Underneath her boots are red and white striped socks.

Mizue Valor
Skin: Vanilla
Hair: Royal Purple (turns white when invoking spirit mode)
Eyes: Persian green (both turn turquoise when invoking spirit mode)

Wise, Collected, Serious

Mysterious yet powerful, this petite swords woman is a force to be reckoned with. Her underdeveloped body and short stature are both the result of a curse cast upon her four years ago. Mizue harbors a fondness for tea and chocolate sticks (pocky).
Mizue is introduced in the first episode, fighting off dark spirits at Shabooya. Dulcy joins her in battle. Afterward, the malevolent spirits scatter them by opening a portal. Dulcy meets Mizue again in Yen City.

Despite her no nonsense and standoffish exterior, Mizue has a caring heart. She slowly develops a strong teacher-student relationship with Dulcy. Temporarily, she is 141 cm tall.
Her weapon of choice is a zanpakuto, a soul cutting sword. Within her spirit lies resolve. Mizue is the second strongest person in the series.
She wears all dark purple and white attire consisting of a Lolita dress with eight buttons and white frills on the hems. She also has white stockings, dark purple heeled shoes and a trench coat.  

*Mizue was inspired by Tōshirō Hitsugaya of Bleach.

Nora Aiton
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black
Skin: Light neutral

Mild mannered, Kind, Honest

Nora is a magic user who lives in the island of Askraal. As a magic user, she travels around the world to defeat the dark spirits in hopes of bringing stability back to Ginseng. Like Mizue, she too develops a strong friendship with Dulcy. Luna wields a golden monk-like staff specialized in black and white magic.

Loves to cook, clean, and read books. Within her spirit lies purity.
Nora has medium length hair. She wears a stylish and exotic Japanese kimono in light blue with floral silhouette prints top and white mini skirt. She also has white stockings and knee high white boots.

Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:09 pm

@Above

These are awesome posts, keep 'em comin!

@Lyrium

The Technomads sound like crazy mad scientists (I was actually thinking of a friend of mine while reading about them, she is very passionate about science, research and experiments, I think she'd fit in with these guys perfectly 0-0) I don't see the need for changes, I swear, all of your ideas are so thought out it's ridiculous, you should be a professional author, this kind of stuff shouldn't go to waste.

@Blu

I like these ladies  dawn especially the potential dynamic between Dulcy and Mizue, as teacher-student or even as friends they seem like the pair that would argue a lot, but care for each other deep down, given their personalities (I'm a damn sucker for these types of characters, Shirley x Trude from Strike Witches being a prime example) and for now Nora seems to be the middle man, I wonder what sort of role you really have in mind for her as the story unfolds (big things come in small packages). Best of luck for your project, I hope it succeeds overall.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Here's the next rooster of characters. Then, there will be the supporting characters.

Ezekiel Yaruki
Skin: Apricot
Hair: Orange
Eyes: Brown

Ambitious, Simple minded, Friendly

Nora's childhood friend and owner of the shooting star hook swords. He is a resident of Askraal island. Both he and Nora have known each other for 16 years. He has a strong determined will and never stops chasing after his goals even at the cost of his life.

He's also a doting brother figure to Nora. He's prone to swear whenever he is angry or excited.
His older sister owns a flower shop. Within his spirit lies Pride. He wears a orange long-sleeve opened jacket with a short hem. Pants are long and baggy around the ankles belted by a orange sash. Shoes are flat black slip-ons.

Rain Stover
Skin: Pale
Hair: Dark Blue
Eyes: Icy Blue

Moody, Self-directed, Cynical

Rain is a young bounty hunter from Kwa-Gambu Island. She is quite the loner, not wanting to be associated with any groups. Rain's emotional scars have kept her from making real attachments to people. She holds intense hatred for the Earth Bond clan. She deems them responsible for killing her younger sister, a magic user, several months ago.

She wears a lightly colored fur-lined jacket with blue stripes and accents over a black tanktop. Her short shorts are black and held up by an oversized brown belt while she covers her legs in tight black boots. Rain wields large twin semi-automatic pistols as her weapons.
Within her spirit lies Independence.

Clover Hurst
Eyes: Light Green
Hair: Honey blonde
Skin: Very fair

Sensitive, Conflicted, Self-assured

A young ninja from underground. She is assigned to assassinate magic users. She is quite emotional for an assassin, a weakness that has been frowned upon by her peers and superiors.  
She joins Dulcy and her friends in the second season, disguised as a journalist in Brekka town. Throughout the adventures, Clover gets to know Nora better, only to slowly question her motives while developing "strange" feelings for her.

Has a southern accent. Within her spirit lies devotion.
She wears her hair up in a ponytail with a green hairband and has a faded brown jacket over a green tanktop. Bandages cover her arms and hands. She wears matching green pants held up by a brown cloth belt wrapped in a bow on the front while her shins are adorned with clover-patterned shin guards.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm

Bluholic711 wrote: Throughout the adventures, Clover gets to know Nora better, only to slowly question her motives while developing "strange" feelings for her.
\

I can feel the Yuri  kawaiidesuplz 

Your welcome for the feedback! Are you developing an anime for these characters? (judging by the way you used "season" and "episode" in their descriptions)

------------------------------------

Another character, this time from Sword Girl (which has finally broken 210 reads on Wattpad, with 14 votes, f*ck yeah!)

Name: Kasumi Shizusatsu
Height: 5'4
Weight: 117lbs
Date of Birth: June 6th (unspecified year while i work out the time frame kinks)
Relationships: Akiri Ichiken
Friends: Hu Li, Mio Kyoya, Izumi Watanabe (note: Izumi is related to Kyoko and Satomi Watanabe whom I mentioned in Tsubasa's profile above. She is their distant ancestor)
Personality: Bi-Polar Yandere with a sweet and compassionate side when she isn't angry and plotting to slaughter people who have wronged her. She is fiercely protective of those who are important to her and will do just about anything for them. This stems from her desire to escape her past as a young girl forced into prostitution, where she had no one who cared for her. Stubborn yet reliable, she can be counted on to do anything asked of her. She also has separation anxiety and is prone to fear and paranoia when faced with the prospect of losing someone dear (though if leaving is their decision, she will force herself to accept it)
Background: Born into a farming family, Kasumi worked and learned many housekeeping skills as a child. She loved her parents and younger brother fiercely and did everything she could to please them, since the hard work and life of a farmer would often take its toll. Her village was later attacked and razed (just like Mio's, I know, it might be overused now) with her family killed and their farmland torn apart by greedy bandits looking to strip down and eat their harvest before moving along. It was around this time that they took her captive, selling her to a whorehouse at 13 years of age. For two years, she suffered under the abuses and men thrown upon her until she attempted to escape at 15. It was then that she met Akiri during her getaway and was given the means to kill her pursuers with Akiri's knife, which the latter had dropped upon getting into a scuffle with one of the men. After killing all of their attackers, she fainted. Upon waking up and recovering, she bonded with Akiri and her family, finally regaining a sense of stability and love from others after many years.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 am

That was the idea. I actually made a few episodes into scripts originally.

Clover will be a yuri character but romance won't be the center of the show. It's practically a shounen series.
Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Really sorry I was away for so long, got distracted by a couple things happening.

midori's crazy398 wrote:@Above

@Lyrium

The Technomads sound like crazy mad scientists (I was actually thinking of a friend of mine while reading about them, she is very passionate  about science, research and experiments, I think she'd fit in with these guys perfectly 0-0) I don't see the need for changes, I swear, all of your ideas are so thought out it's ridiculous, you should be a professional author, this kind of stuff shouldn't go to waste.  

Thanks  I love you . Still, I reckon it doesn't hurt to run them by people and get fresh pairs of eyes to see if there's anything that needs fixing that I may have missed.

On your character Kasumi, I think she could also be interesting to explore, especially considering her little brother (not too sure why, but I really like big sister/little brother stories, particularly wrt to the brother). There are a few things that I feel like asking just for interest's sake:
1: Does her love for her lost brother and/or parents influence much of her decisions. Judging by how much she loved them, I find it hard to believe that some actions are not influenced by that love after death.
2: After looking over a few of the details, her being raised in a farming village until it was sacked by the bandits who sold her into prostitution, I just can't help but feel that she would despise those who enslaved their fellow man. I can also see her adopting a motto along the lines of 'those who do not work don't deserve to eat' and hating the bandits because they leech off the fruits of peasant labor that they have stolen and therefore have no right to. Does what I've described sound like it would fit in with her character in your story?

I think, now, I'm going to be posting some of my Yugioh cards that play a pivotal role in the plot of the stories they are involved in.

From my 5Ds fanfic: The Void

The Black Machine Archetype
These cards are used by the Warden of the Void. Without giving away spoilers, he is the primary antagonist of the story, and is known to be quite harsh to the people under his care. The archetype consists of six monsters, one of each Attribute (FIRE, EARTH, WIND, WATER, LIGHT, DARK) and individually they aren't strong, but when they combine is when they become truly formidable. This is when a seventh DIVINE Attribute card emerges, which can only come after the six have been summoned. These cards, along with cards of five other Archetypes, are somehow linked to major natural disasters; as more of the 'Black Machine' monsters are summoned, slight tremors occur, proceeding to large earthquakes and, if all Black Machine monsters in their ultimate form are left lingering for long enough, the results could very well spell the end of the city. Sadly I can't give much more in the way of details without giving away spoilers to the story (and its sequel), but if these archetypes activate, the results could be disastrous.

They work by the summoning of one primary monster (as do my other 5 archetypes similar to this), and then attach the remaining monsters onto the first monster by way of equipping them as Equip Spells

Primary monster:

Black Machine Chassis:
Machine/Effect
EARTH
Level 4
(0/3000)
This card cannot be destroyed by battle by monsters with less than 3000 ATK. Any 'Black Machine' cards equipped to this card have their effects negated. If 'Black Machine Circuitry', 'Black Machine Reactor', 'Black Machine Coolant', 'Black Machine Turbine' and 'Black Machine Processor' are equipped to this card, you can remove them and this card from play to Special Summon one 'Black Machine of the Void' from your Deck

For appearance, I imagine Scarlet Rain's (Accel World) Battle Fortress, with a long neck extending out the cockpit culminating in a Dragon Head (similar to Y Dragon Head from Yugioh). True to its namesake, it is colored jet black. Its attack, if it does, involves lunging forward and ramming its two massive gun barrels into the target, hence the attack name 'Barrel Ram'

Black Machine Circuitry
Machine/Effect
LIGHT
Level 4
(0/0)
When you Summon this card, you can equip it as an Equip Spell Card to any 'Black Machine' monster you control (This card is still a Monster Card). This card's effects cannot be negated. Other 'Black Machine' monsters you control cannot have their effects negated by the effect of 'Black Machine Chassis'

Wrt appearance, I just imagined glowing yellow lines appearing all over the body of 'Black Machine Chassis' as now the circuitry is connected, it is finally activated.

Black Machine Reactor
Machine/Effect
FIRE
Level 4
(0/0)
When you summon this card, you can equip it as an Equip Spell Card to one 'Black Machine Chassis' you control (This card is still a Monster Card). The equipped monster gains 500 ATK for each 'Black Machine' monster equipped to it. During your End Phase, increase the equipped monster's ATK by 500. If the ATK gained this way exceeds 2500, destroy this card.

Appearance: A large black sphere descending onto the area just before the neck, with a large (crimson I think) light shining through a glass window on the upper half of the sphere.

Black Machine Coolant
Machine/Effect
WATER
Level 4
(0/0)
When you summon this card, you can equip it as an Equip Spell Card to one 'Black Machine Chassis' you control (This card is still a Monster Card). If 'Black Machine Reactor' is also equipped, its ability is treated instead as 'During your End Phase, increase the equipped monster's ATK by 500. The ATK gained this way can't exceed 5000. If the ATK gained this way would exceed 5000, the effect is negated'

Appearance:
I imagined two long, black, cylindrical cooling tanks with light blue lights down its length, connecting to the Black Machine behind the Reactor.

Black Machine Turbine
Machine/Effect
WIND
Level 4
(0/0)
When you summon this card, you can equip it as an Equip Spell Card to one 'Black Machine Chassis' you control (This card is still a Monster Card). If the equipped monster battles, choose one:
All Spell and Trap Cards targeting the equipped monster are negated
The equipped monster can attack twice during the Battle Phase

Appearance: I imagined two black engines similar to jet turbines attaching to below the main Chassis, each one having a green signal light.

Black Machine Processor
Machine/Effect
DARK
Level 4
(0/0)
When you Summon this card, you can equip it as an Equip Spell Card to one 'Black Machine Chassis' you control (this card is still a Monster Card). When this card is equipped, you can negate the effects of any other 'Black Machine' monsters

Appearance: Just a small data chip by itself, but it is inserted into the Dragon Head from behind and causes the eyes to glow a violent purple. Though I admit, I was running out of ideas for this part.

Black Machine of the Void
Machine/Effect
DIVINE
Level 12
(?/?)
This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of 'Black Machine Chassis' and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways. This card's original ATK and DEF are equal to the number of 'Black Machine' monsters removed from play x1000. This card gains the effects of all 'Black Machine' monsters removed from play, treating them as if equipped to 'Black Machine Chassis'. If this card would be destroyed, you can move a 'Black Machine' monster from the Removed from Play Zone to the Graveyard to negate this card's destruction.

Appearance: Much like the Chassis, but with all of the parts equipped. Yellow lines are spread throughout the surface of the body, and its eyes glow a violent purple. Now that it is completely assembled, it has now unleashed its full potential. This time, when it attacks, it fires two massive blasts of energy from its two ling gun barrels at the target, very likely obliterating what is behind the opponent and sending massive shock waves through the city.
Attack name: Void Horror Cannons

Although this was my first set of monsters created to function in the way it does, it is still one I am the most proud of. The huge amount of effort required to beat it down makes it, in my opinion, a set of cards worthy of being those used by the story's main villain.

Just one thing: I'm struggling to think of a DARK-related natural disaster. I have an idea for FIRE (Runaway fires), LIGHT (Severe lightning storms), WIND (Tornadoes) and WATER (Massive floods), but am struggling for Dark. Anyone have any ideas for a 'DARK' related natural disaster?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:10 pm

LyriumEidolon wrote:Really sorry I was away for so long, got distracted by a couple things happening.

midori's crazy398 wrote:@Above

@Lyrium

The Technomads sound like crazy mad scientists (I was actually thinking of a friend of mine while reading about them, she is very passionate  about science, research and experiments, I think she'd fit in with these guys perfectly 0-0) I don't see the need for changes, I swear, all of your ideas are so thought out it's ridiculous, you should be a professional author, this kind of stuff shouldn't go to waste.  

Thanks  I love you . Still, I reckon it doesn't hurt to run them by people and get fresh pairs of eyes to see if there's anything that needs fixing that I may have missed.

On your character Kasumi, I think she could also be interesting to explore, especially considering her little brother (not too sure why, but I really like big sister/little brother stories, particularly wrt to the brother). There are a few things that I feel like asking just for interest's sake:
1: Does her love for her lost brother and/or parents influence much of her decisions. Judging by how much she loved them, I find it hard to believe that some actions are not influenced by that love after death.
2: After looking over a few of the details, her being raised in a farming village until it was sacked by the bandits who sold her into prostitution, I just can't help but feel that she would despise those who enslaved their fellow man. I can also see her adopting a motto along the lines of 'those who do not work don't deserve to eat' and hating the bandits because they leech off the fruits of peasant labor that they have stolen and therefore have no right to. Does what I've described sound like it would fit in with her character in your story?

1. I'll be honest, i hadn't really thought of that, i wrote this profile after i had already kind of developed her in the story for a while now, i'll try to use this

2. This is perfect, since Mio is using Akiri's gang to fight bandits and get to the bottom of why so many people are starting to have powers, this would give those two some common ground
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Feel like posting a couple characters at once in this post.

The first one (haven't really given that much thought to her character as I sort of imagined her being a walk-on, but am now wondering if I should make her a supporting character) is from a Mass Effect/Final Fantasy 13 crossover.

Name: Alicia
Race: Asari
Class: Vanguard
Affiliation: Eclipse mercenary gang
Weapon of choice: Shotgun

As I said, I haven't really thought Alicia out much, but whenever she sees something she can use to escape a desperate situation, she will take it, preferably for herself. She prioritizes her own survival before anything else, usually followed with her own comforts and then her own profits. Due to this, she is willing to stab anyone and everyone in the back if it will ensure her safety, but she also knows when not to take such risks. There have been rumors of her being an asari commando before she joined Eclipse, but these have yet to be verified or dismissed.

I haven't really thought about her preference for biotics, but like I said, I am wondering if I should develop her into a supporting character instead of a walk-on for one or two chapters.

My second OC, well set of OCs, is one set of monsters that, in the sequel to my Yugioh 5Ds fanfic The Void, are actually masterminding their return to the universe at large (slight spoiler alert, but it shouldn't take any value away from the story so, just this once, I'll let it slide). Imprisoned outside the known universe, completely separate of the Spirit and Human worlds, a whole multitude of nightmarish entities are, as stated above, preparing to break free of their cage and invade the waking world once more. As such, they serve as the story's primary antagonists along with their agents in the human world, though don't make their existence known until much later.

I have actually thought up card ideas for six such monsters, heavily inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos, and would like to share them with you today. Though I will do so a bit differently than usual: rather cluttering the post with information shared by all members, I will instead post everything shared by them in one separate paragraph at the beginning.

The monsters' common abilities
Type: Divine-Beast/Effect
Level: 12
ATK/DEF: (3000/3000)
When this card is Special Summoned, place 5 Doom Counters on it. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove a Doom Counter from this card to negate its destruction. If you do, increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 3000 for each remaining Doom Counter on the monster. If there are no Doom Counters left on this card when it is destroyed, banish it instead. Control of this card cannot switch.

That is what all six monsters have in common.

First:
Grand Horror: The Yellow-Robed King
WIND
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, monsters on your side of the field cannot be affected by any Spells, Traps or Monster effects controlled by your opponent.

(The general feeling I'm trying to convey here is the dominance of these beasts: when this monster is in play, the only way to bring it down is via battle; any abilities that target it or the others will be useless in its presence: hence Dominance)

Grand Horror: The Living Sphere of Flame
FIRE
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, the original ATK and DEF of monsters your opponent controls become equal to one tenth (1/10) of its value

(Here, I'm trying to convey the sheer strength possessed by these creatures, with the strength of other monsters shriveling away in its terrifying presence. Add to that the fact that it is a living ball of fire, and the heat will inevitably weaken all creatures. Hence, supreme Strength)

Grand Horror: The Dreamer in the Underwater City (I'm thinking of revising this name)
WATER
When this card is in face-up Attack Position and your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card, you can return that card to your opponent's hand. If the card was set, your opponent takes 1000 damage. This ability cannot activate if this card has lost a Doom Counter this turn. If this card has lost a Doom Counter this turn, during the End Phase, you can put one Doom Counter on this card

(When it is fully awake and not distracted, a Horror's schemes cannot be stopped, and any attempts to do so will be very likely easily rebuffed. In a way, it knows exactly what you are planning; its eye can see into your thoughts, so only if you blind it can you stand a very slim chance. This portrays a sense of Inevitability)

Grand Horror: The Fanged Punisher
DARK
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, once per turn, you can put a Horror's Poison Counter on a monster your opponent controls. During each End Phase, the controller of that monster takes 200 points of damage for each Horror's Poison Counter on his side of the field. During each Standby Phase, any monsters with a Horror's Poison Counter receive another Horror's Poison Counter. When this card is removed from the field, remove all Horror's Poison Counters from the field.

(The Horrors will, if left unchecked, whittle away any resistance with deadly efficiency. This card, in particular, poisons any resistance with an ever-strengthening venom that cannot be stopped, and if left unchecked, can whittle away the enemy leader's life in a matter of seconds, highlighting their unmatched Cruelty)

Grand Horror: The Destroyer of Soils
EARTH
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, once per turn, you can summon a Destruction Token (EARTH Rock-type 0/0) to your opponent's side of the field. Destruction Tokens cannot be destroyed or removed from the field except by this card's effect. If the only monsters on your opponent's field are Destruction Tokens, monsters you control can attack your opponent directly. When this card is removed from play, destroy all Destruction Tokens on the field

(Nobody can fight the Horrors Beyond if the ground itself threatens to give out from under them. They constantly work, burrow and severely complicate any attempts to stop them from swarming into the universe, bringing to attention their Persistence)

Grand Horror: The Faces Behind the Mask
LIGHT
When this card is in face-up Attack Position, you can place one Mask Counter on any other monster on the field, except for a 'Grand Horror' monster. This card gains the effects of the monster with the Mask Counter. There can only be one Mask Counter on the field. You can remove a Mask Counter from the field to target one Spell or Trap Card on the field: it's effects cannot activate. If the card is face-down, flip it face-up.

(Sometimes the greatest horror is in learning that the enemy is just as capable of putting up as fierce a fight as you and deploying many of the same powers. Their forms are infinite, can stand up to virtually any adversity, displaying a great degree of Mutability)
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next