Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

+4
Highman
PostoronnimV
franticfranz
Kuga Natsuki
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"? Empty Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:12 pm

This actually bothered me for months. While my friend and I were watching the third episode of Mai-HiME, Tate told Mai that Shizuru and Reito are the most powerful "couple" in the school's history. His statement there just baffled me.

"Couple"

As in relationship? O_o Or does he simply mean it on political terms? Could it have been used as a cover-up regarding Shizuru's homosexuality? Or just an ignorant statement because no one basically knows anything about our favorite kaichou?

Discuss!

Last edited by Nymphetamine on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"? Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

Post by franticfranz Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Thank you for raising this.

I just heard that part when I watched EP 3 and that made me wonder, too. I guess "couple" there was used more in terms of politics since those two are the highest leaders of the Student Council. It was said that the academy is "run by the students for the students."

I also thought about that "cover-up" part. If my memory serves me right...

Spoiler:

From that statement, it can be implied that others (not just Nao) may be already having hints about Fujino-sama's homosexuality, even though it's just a rumor. I don't know. Again, that's just how I observed it. :)

franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"? Empty Re: Shizuru Fujino and Reito Kanzaki - The Most Powerful "Couple"?

Post by Kuga Natsuki Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:09 pm

That's a very good point, Franz :) I was always confused about Nao's statement you mentioned in the spoilers XD Now that you mentioned it, perhaps rumors started to go around because Shizuru was always followed by closeted lesbian virgin fangirls :)

Akira Okuzaki Why is Mai-HiME so full of ambiguous scenes and statements
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 pm

I think, 'the most powerful "couple"' have been used in terms of their significance in the school... Plus, Reito openly began courting Mai, and did not even appear any rumors about how Reito dumped Shizuru for Mai or something along the same lines... So I don't think that the term 'couple' was used as a cover-up or as something related to romantic relationships...

Nymphetamine wrote:Shizuru was always followed by closeted lesbian virgin fangirls
Methinks, the fact that Shizuru has only fangirls and not even one fanboy, this is a very telling in itself... I for the whole Mai-Hime had not seen even once that one of the guys had showed an interest in her... It seems as if Shizuru sends a strong vibe to male population like "I'm not interested/don't even try/you have no chance, boys"... =)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

I laugh in pity and bewilder the fool who thinks of ShizXReito have a relationship before Shizuru went full yandere on Natsuki.

That title belongs to MaiXReito HiME

cannot wait for the next install, shipping wars will never be the same again.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I also say it's just a status thing. Technically they are the most powerful couple at Fuka Academy. One is in charge but rational and the other...sips tea. Yet, Shizuru remains the undisputed champion of popularity. Her poll against Haruka speaks for itself.

From that statement, it can be implied that others (not just Nao) may be already having hints about Fujino-sama's homosexuality, even though it's just a rumor. I don't know. Again, that's just how I observed it. Smile

In episode 4, Takeda tells Reito how impossible it is to talk to Shizuru. Another small indication, perhaps? Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 am

Shizuru's disrelishing level against men: INFINITY!

Trollface
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:47 am

They were perceived as a couple. Mai's statement to Tate's explanation was on that sense. It is highschool after all and they act accordingly to how a couple would present themselves. They don't openly show affection in Japan and they get along superbly fine. Two flirts trading blows back and forth.
It would be easy to misunderstand them as such. Having more than one fling isn't uncommon on those parts as well, so having students constantly trying to get on with them wouldn't be uncommon either.
Dispelling such rumors would only bring trouble. No need to explain something unnecessary. Had the council been two girls or two boys it would be the same anyway.
The best course of action is letting people believe whatever they want and only answer to those who ask and they feel it's important to let them know. For the others it works out quite well, they make for an inspiring and intimidating fantasy after all.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:The best course of action is letting people believe whatever they want and only answer to those who ask and they feel it's important to let them know. For the others it works out quite well, they make for an inspiring and intimidating fantasy after all.

Should they decide to answer it. Reito's background seems a little more public compared to Shizuru to me. Shizuru is the type to answer personal questions about herself. Let's put it this way: If Haruka couldn't take the news of Shizuru's preference, imagine the entire Academy. Some will understand of course; but with Shizuru having such a high status? Sensationalism of the highest magnitude.

The reaction: *LE GASP!* So it's true!

Us: Doi?

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:03 am

Well she has an advantage... Other than Haruka nobody would really try to go against her or her fangirls.

Fear certainly helps XD

Oh, plus, girl on girl experimentation seems to be acceptable to a point.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Well she has an advantage... Other than Haruka nobody would really try to go against her or her fangirls.

Fear certainly helps XD

Oh, plus, girl on girl experimentation seems to be acceptable to a point.

Somehow, I fear Shizuru's fangirls more than Shizuru herself. XD

Girl on girl experimentation is a routine process Fuka Academy, yes. No wonder Sunrise pretty much gave us a Astraea Hill-esque Fuuka Academy in Mai-Otome (Garderobe). Zhang
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:31 am

You know I admit that I thought Reito and Shizuru were a couple before the plot twist. Reito and Shizuru seemed like a couple at first but Hime subverted my expectations with Shizuru being a lesbian and Reito being the villain.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:19 pm

GAP wrote:You know I admit that I thought Reito and Shizuru were a couple before the plot twist. Reito and Shizuru seemed like a couple at first but Hime subverted my expectations with Shizuru being a lesbian and Reito being the villain.

Can you recall any scene that made you think they were a couple? There were some banter between the two (after Reito complimented Mai on her beauty during the festival), but that's it.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:You know I admit that I thought Reito and Shizuru were a couple before the plot twist. Reito and Shizuru seemed like a couple at first but Hime subverted my expectations with Shizuru being a lesbian and Reito being the villain.

Can you recall any scene that made you think they were a couple? There were some banter between the two (after Reito complimented Mai on her beauty during the festival), but that's it.

It started on the second episode of the series but it got scrapped in the later episodes and dispoed of altogether by episode 22.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 pm

GAP wrote:It started on the second episode of the series but it got scrapped in the later episodes and dispoed of altogether by episode 22.

Fair enough, episode 21 and 22 were the difference maker for Shizuru's character.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 am

My thought of couple being mentioned here.
"A well known duo amongst the school that held authority
 and are greatly respected from other students."
Reito, liked by many people and Shizuru liked as well.
Both had fan girls following them.

Reito had the straight girls,
Shizuru had the lesbians,

Both had the hearts of various bi sexual girls and perhaps men.

I saw the term like "Think what you like on this."
It was probably said this way for Mai to wonder about.
Straight girls probably wanted to see this duo together.
Because they worked well together and often around each other.

If you work together, of course you will be around each other.
Reito was a gentlemen as simply Reito..
The way he walked with a girl that he was close to,
Whether in friend or girlfriend showed his care and respect for them.

(I am a HiME Sentai? Yay! <3)
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:14 pm

So many good theories this thread has :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:23 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:(I am a HiME Sentai? Yay! <3)]

Continue excellent posts like the one above and you'll become something greater than a member of Midori's harem. Shizuru Fujino

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:(I am a HiME Sentai? Yay! <3)]

Continue excellent posts like the one above and you'll become something greater than a member of Midori's harem. Shizuru Fujino

Thank you, I have a tendency to research a lot and think constantly.
I am a surprised that you like my posts
a lot of time people have trouble understanding me.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:Thank you, I have a tendency to research a lot and think constantly.
I am a surprised that you like my posts
a lot of time people have trouble understanding me.

People have trouble understanding you? Isn't that kind of impossible when you type in a single sentence structure? For what it's worth, I'm the type to decipher a post. If I don't end up understanding you, teach me until I do. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
People have trouble understanding you? Isn't that kind of impossible when you type in a single sentence structure? For what it's worth, I'm the type to decipher a post. If I don't end up understanding you, teach me until I do. Arika Yumemiya
I used to not space my words at all in school and online
but watching how others write, I learned.

I even improved my poetry from simply being allowed to read online.
Also I am not timed and can learn at my own pace.

I could read but not write to where it could be understood.
example of not corrected things: (ilkeeip)
i just let myself type as i normally do.
I am just like a word scramble.

It translates to: I like pie.
I look over many things I do.

Sometimes fan fiction critics got onto me too much.
Due to grammar, I figured at least I am at this point.
Grammar is something I will look up in the future to improve.

I am dyslexic but I learned spacing awhile after graduation,

I took foreign language and many things but all my work was oral.
I was not helped a lot due to the fact..
I was a complicated case, I have a disability yet I was proved to be extremely intelligent.
I still think disabilities affect everyone no matter what a so called IQ states.

Since nobody could understand me,  having a computer changed my life.

I could spell at least before but not given much of a chance.
I still come across people that are unsure what I am saying.
I do know my replies are too much like novel and not short.
Many things can contribute to it.

Many of my written things are often like a poem..

(Easier to read over for me)

If you do not understand something I say in the future.

I don't mind if you say it.
Some fear hurting my feelings but nothing gets solved.
At least I am in the know and I can try to change it.
To where it benefits both of us.

I do show my dyslexia more when tired, but when I am awake.

I'll say it the best I can!

Sometimes I type when I am exhausted too.
However my mind enjoys being stimulated and can become "over" stimulated.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Shizuru and Reito were never really a couple but they seem to give off that vibe.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:20 pm

GAP wrote:Shizuru and Reito were never really a couple but they seem to give off that vibe.

If they were a couple in some twisted alternate universe, the Carnival would of been a lot more complicated. The thought of Mikoto and Shizuru as a team doing dirty work for Reito is scary...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:39 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Shizuru and Reito were never really a couple but they seem to give off that vibe.

If they were a couple in some twisted alternate universe, the Carnival would of been a lot more complicated. The thought of Mikoto and Shizuru as a team doing dirty work for Reito is scary...
Isn't anything scary if Shizuru were straight and basically being the main character and not Mai?Natsuki Kruger2 
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:Isn't anything scary if Shizuru were straight and basically being the main character and not Mai?Natsuki Kruger2 

Natsuki Kruger2  If Shizuru were straight, she'd be more of a concept than a character. >:3 Her being a misguided lesbian in love is a lot more engaging.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next