Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Empty Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion

Post by midori's crazy398 Wed May 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Hey everyone, Midori here. I recently started watching the anime version of the Japanese novel Shin Sekai Yori, and i must say, i love it. The premise is the world, more specifically Japan, 1000 years in the future (counting from 2011, which is when the books were published and is the date in the story where Cantus users first appeared). At this point humanity has been granted the ability of telekinesis through an unknown phenomenon that started with one 19 year old girl in the year 2011. Utopia has settled over Japan, and people gain their Cantus, or telekinesis as small children. The story focuses on 5 young children, more specifically Saki Watanabe, and their lives over the course of 36 years. In the beginning the children are innocent and learn how to use Cantus, seeing it as a natural occurrence. Eventually they move up from elementary school to an advanced school known as the Sage School at the ages of 12. During this age they accidently learn the secrets of their world, of Cantus, and of the bloody past humanity has gone through in the past 1000 years. They then assume they will be targeted by the Ethics Committee, and promise to tell no one about what they've learned. Three time skips happen from this point on, detailing their lives, and their fight against the dark realities of their seemingly peaceful world. The story deals with homosexual and heterosexual themes, particularly among the main characters as they grow older. However, they do not come under stigma, since at this point part of the utopian world is a Bonobo Society, which essentially means anyone can be with anyone (and i do mean anyone) and all children are taught from a young age that love and sex shared with either same sex or opposite sex partners is perfectly fine. This type of society is also used to control people so they'll be content with their desires. Overall, this is a good, tragic, and intriguing series. I personally am totally rooting for Saki x Maria, but thats a whole other thread xD. here's the link to the episodes.

http://www.animeultima.tv/watch/shinsekai-yori-english-subbed-dubbed-online/

Also, Vertical publications is thinking of putting out a full English translation of the original novels, though they said they would only do so if their Tumblr post got 4,500 likes. If you would like to support this and have or will make a Tumblr account, like it here:

http://vertical-inc.tumblr.com/post/42116170457/any-chances-of-seeing-a-from-the-new-world-translation <--- (This URL has been taken down by Vertical! Thank you for all the support, those of you who liked the post and those who spread the word. Most importantly a big thanks to those who watched the series anime adaption.)

If you guys watch it, lets talk about it too!  :Mikoto

Oh yeah, heres the link to the partially completed English translation done by a fan. It's very good and there are hardly any mistakes at all. http://shinsekai.cadet-nine.org/category/part-i-season-of-new-leaves/

Don't worry about what it says, the book starts at pg 8. I'm already up to part 2 and its great ^__^.

Last edited by midori's crazy398 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2588
Armitage GUTS!!! : 442

http://swif.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Empty Re: Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion

Post by CaptainVonCookie Thu May 02, 2013 5:36 am

I loved the concept. The story was simply amazing and the plot absolutely brilliant! I was hooked into it on the first ep, there was just something always pulling me in. My curiosity just couldn't get enough of it.

At episode 9 I dropped it and fast-forwarded the series to the end just to get the key moments. The way it was animated, even though it had some visual gems, was really grating on my nerves. I could connect and empathize with the characters' story and experiences but not with the characters themselves as they were shown. Also episode 5 nearly had me stabbing the computer over the animation.

I'll probably give the manga a chance when I get back to reading some. It was just an amazing story! Beautiful plot! I was experiencing some huge dissociation feelings over it - loved the story/hated what I was seeing - so it had to go!

All of the characters are incredibly likable! Maria is precious!!! Everything is explained, or at least attempted to be explained. A wonderful "what if" scenario with a truthful view that apologizes to no one!

I love the mobile libraries! XD
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Empty Re: Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion

Post by midori's crazy398 Fri May 03, 2013 12:08 am

I just finished the anime now, no anime has made me cry this hard in a while. This is definitely one of my faves now T-T
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Thu May 09, 2013 10:10 pm

: D, fantastic news! The novels for this series are going to be released in English by Vertical Publishing afterall!!! Vol 1 will come out on 11-12-13 of this year, and vol 2 is scheduled for 1-21-14 of next year, vol 3 has yet to be announced from what i''ve seen, but at least the ball is rolling now guys! Hurrah!
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Is that for real ?!
I thought they wouldn't translate it as the like number wasn't reached...
Well, anyway, they don't send to other countries so...
I'm just gonna cry :( 
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 744
Armitage GUTS!!! : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:44 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:Is that for real ?!
I thought they wouldn't translate it as the like number wasn't reached...
Well, anyway, they don't send to other countries so...
I'm just gonna cry :( 
Actually it turns out my sources were inaccurate. It turns out Vertical is translating the terrible manga adaption into English, they told me this themselves on Tumblr T-T. their still waiting for the counter to hit 4500 before they would begin translating the actual books. Sorry for the misinformation >__<
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:59 pm

I guess we'll have to wait for another couple of years if we watch in which speed the like number is increasing. We don't even know if it will reach the point though...
Sadly :(
Well, I guess I have no choice than to learn Japanese ><
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:40 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:I guess we'll have to wait for another couple of years if we watch in which speed the like number is increasing. We don't even know if it will reach the point though...
Sadly :(
Well, I guess I have no choice than to learn Japanese ><
I hope the numbers start skyrocketing soon! Yeah, I need to master my Japanese and find a copy of the original books online for now T-T
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Sure !
But the amount of kanji we have to learn in order to read this novel...
It will took ages for me >.<
But at least, it's worth it :D 
It will just take some time study
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:51 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:Sure !
But the amount of kanji we have to learn in order to read this novel...
It will took ages for me >.<
But at least, it's worth it :D 
It will just take some time study
Since we're on the subject, who is your favorite character? I'm going with Saki, but Maria is a close second
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:28 pm

It would me Maria for me.
She is really kind and concerned abour every one.
She quite understands well other's feelings.
I love when she says to Saki that she is strong. Not that she has no feelings, but because even after a hard trauma, she can overcome it.
Also, Saki X Maria are soooo cute kawaiidesuplz 
But I love how she abandons averything to take care of the weakest :) She's such a great character !

Question : What do you think about the bones story ? Do you think Maria and Mamoru were already dead when Yakomaru brought the 'false bones' ? But if that were the case, they couldn't have that child...
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:43 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:It would me Maria for me.
She is really kind and concerned abour every one.
She quite understands well other's feelings.
I love when she says to Saki that she is strong. Not that she has no feelings, but because even after a hard trauma, she can overcome it.
Also, Saki X Maria are soooo cute kawaiidesuplz 
But I love how she abandons averything to take care of the weakest :)She's such a great character !

Question : What do you think about the bones story ? Do you think Maria and Mamoru were already dead when Yakomaru brought the 'false bones' ? But if that were the case, they couldn't have that child...
Yeah, i love her for that! I like to think of Maria as the Kamina of SSY, she encouraged Saki and helped shape her into the woman she became, like Kamina and Simon : D. I'm not to sure about the bones thing honestly, i feel like the anime might have messed up the way that Maria and Mamoru died, i mean, they are killed by Squealer/Yakomaru, but it wouldn't make sense for him to have killed them right away, and show the bones. Doing that creates a plothole as to Akki's lineage, the books showed it in a different way i think, based on what the people who read them say, i think they did it all wrong
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm

This bones thing is quite confusing me :scratch: 

But at least, I have to read the novel !!!
The book will surely have an explanation for all our questions :)
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:38 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:This bones thing is quite confusing me :scratch: 

But at least, I have to read the novel !!!
The book will surely have an explanation for all our questions :)
It definitely would, though i did think Maria having a kid was kinda like a slap in the face to Saki, cuz then its like she had said to her "oh yeah, look at this cool kid i had with that coward who frustrates all of us, you know, since you couldn't give me one" especially after she says that she loved Saki but knew they couldn't have children together in ep 18 or 19 i believe, near the end.
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 am

midori's crazy398 wrote: "oh yeah, look at this cool kid i had with that coward who frustrates all of us, you know, since you couldn't give me one"
XD Sure ! And then, the only man left by her side is Satoru -sigh-
Why on hearth Maria had to go :( ?! Why Shun had to die :(?! He was also a great character...

Oh, and the minoshiro-disguised library part was also quite weird :shock: With is rainbow tentacles XD ! Was he spreading the gay :D?!
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 am

~Wakana~ wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote: "oh yeah, look at this cool kid i had with that coward who frustrates all of us, you know, since you couldn't give me one"
XD Sure ! And then, the only man left by her side is Satoru -sigh-
Why on hearth Maria had to go :( ?! Why Shun had to die :(?! He was also a great character...

Oh, and the minoshiro-disguised library part was also quite weird :shock: With is rainbow tentacles XD ! Was he spreading the gay :D?!
The writers are masters of trolling, they screwed up all the good pairings and epic characters in exchange for an idiot pretty much >__> though I can see that they probably needed to do that to get the plot going, it can't always be all sunshine and nakama BS. Oh yeah, that false minoshiro was really Shizuru in disguise spreading as much gay as possible xD then that means it never really died, Natsuki was hiding in the background to save her lol
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Here is the author's secret message :

I'm concentrating every gay particles to gay you all !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion The-minoshiro-fights-back

Gay, on !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion 114

The best of defenses is to spread gay rainbow !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Bscap0044r

So I'll spread in every direction !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Shin_sekai_yori-007

Yes, I'll trap you too also in my gay world !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion 18768-1-3.70
Maria : No, please ! It's scaring me !

And there, we got this :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Tumblr_mdy6fdsWeA1rrzfiuo1_500
And that :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Bfffscv_zps65f1bd04

And in the end to be trolled with that :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Shin-sekai-yori-episode-15

And that :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Shin-Sekai-Yori-Episode-25-Saki-Satoru-1024x576
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:47 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:Here is the author's secret message :

I'm concentrating every gay particles to gay you all !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion The-minoshiro-fights-back

Gay, on !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion 114

The best of defenses is to spread gay rainbow !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Bscap0044r

So I'll spread in every direction !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Shin_sekai_yori-007

Yes, I'll trap you too also in my gay world !
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion 18768-1-3.70
Maria : No, please ! It's scaring me !

And there, we got this :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Tumblr_mdy6fdsWeA1rrzfiuo1_500
And that :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Bfffscv_zps65f1bd04

And in the end to be trolled with that :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Shin-sekai-yori-episode-15

And that :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion Shin-Sekai-Yori-Episode-25-Saki-Satoru-1024x576
omg that is perfect xD, seriously lol
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm

It just came out of my mind XD !
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:It just came out of my mind XD !
This sums up the entire shipping war for the whole series xD, and it wasnt a bonobo society that made them gay, but the monoshiro...that just sounds hilarious (only made even more hilarious with 12 year old Maria's classic face of shock lol)
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:01 pm

midori's crazy398 wrote:and it wasnt a bonobo society that made them gay
Nooooooooooo, not the bonobooooooooo !
It reminds me of Saki and Satoru trapped on the net -_-'...
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:
midori's crazy398 wrote:and it wasnt a bonobo society that made them gay
Nooooooooooo, not the bonobooooooooo !
It reminds me of Saki and Satoru trapped on the net -_-'...
right...nevermind >___<...eww
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Did the Vertical inc. tumblr desappear :shock: 
I was checking the like number, and then :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion The_di10
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by midori's crazy398 Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:48 pm

~Wakana~ wrote:Did the Vertical inc. tumblr desappear :shock: 
I was checking the like number, and then :
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) anime rant and discussion The_di10
It did! 0-0 I saw it yesterday and it creeped me out. I hope this doesn't mean they aren't considering it, or maybe they decided to surprise us and start translating anyway? So confusing! >__<
midori's crazy398
midori's crazy398
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wakana~ Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:28 am

Unfortunately, I'm really sceptical about the surprise thing ><
At least, I just hope it's a bad joke Argh
~Wakana~
~Wakana~
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next