Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga: Takumi after the Obsidian Lord ordeal

Go down

manga - Manga: Takumi after the Obsidian Lord ordeal Empty Manga: Takumi after the Obsidian Lord ordeal

Post by LyriumEidolon Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:27 pm

One thing about the Mai HiME Manga that I find quite an interesting point on which to expand would have been Takumi after the Obsidian Lord incident. It just felt like the apologies that came from him at the end of the manga indicated that he felt guilty about the whole incident such that a few comforting words for Tate wouldn't be nearly enough to restore him to normal despite his bright-eyed "Okay: to him at the end.

To me, it felt like Takumi would have gotten severe mental scarring, such that he might have had nightmares about a HiME breaking into his room and murdering him as payback. I could also imagine that, as he was quite public as the Obsidian Lord, that people wouldn't want to be associated with him, leading him to be ostracized by his peers, inducing a sense of loneliness in the boy. These, and other factors as well, could trigger an ever-growing sense of depression, putting him on a crash course toward the end of his new life. I even tried writing a fanfic about that, but it didn't turn out well. Might rewrite it later when I get a chance, but that is beside the point.

The point is: the way that Takumi's sorrow was resolved at the end of the manga felt forced, and I refuse to believe that the 'everything is okay' ending is all there is to it. So, how do you think Takumi would cope with life after the Obsidian Lord crisis? Does what I've said above make sense, or do you see something else happening?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down