Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga

+3
Valkyria Lightning
CaptainVonCookie
Luu Sky Sapphire
7 posters

Go down

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Empty Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Natsuki Kuga Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Natsuki Kuga

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga 3704010

---

Many fans would tell you that the REAL main character of Mai-HiME was not Mai Tokiha, but Natsuki Kuga. She was involved with District One, knew about the HiME before Mai did, got involved against the Searrs Foundation, and so on.

Without Natsuki, can the Mai-HiME series work? She was involved in every major event that occurred throughout the series and is part of the Twelve HiME. But in a universe where some fictional HiME (with an entirely different personality and history) took her place, what would be missing from the series? I'll be back with my thoughts with this one as Natsuki Kuga is very important to me personally, as opposed to her other incarnations.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Empty Re: Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga

Post by CaptainVonCookie Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote: But in a universe where some fictional HiME (with an entirely different personality and history) took her place, what would be missing from the series?

Motorcycles, lingerie, mayo and Shizuru's sanity.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Empty Re: Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga

Post by Valkyria Lightning Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:33 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Motorcycles, lingerie, mayo and Shizuru's sanity.

insanity Wink

But... yeah. The whole plot without Natsuki? Well... Then the whole District one thing wouldn't have taken action in the first place, right? Either that or they would have been able to fully develop their powers and reach out completely.

Also, Shizuru's appearance would be quite useless there. Or she'd claim another person to be her most precious. Too many possibilities to think about o.o
Valkyria Lightning
Valkyria Lightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning
The Apex Asexual Predator struck by FLightning

Bubuzuke points : 2299
Armitage GUTS!!! : 740

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 pm

well, if natsuki would missing in the series, we would've seen the non-natsuki series and wouldn't even think about her missing.
anyway, it's like the others said: without natsuki the whole plot wouldn't work and a totally different story (expact for the 12 HiME have to fight each other, yadda yadda) would be needed.
and then the series would loose it's whole natsukiness!
and without a natsuki, what should shizuru do? :suspect: maybe she would be just a side character like she was in the orphan-arc.
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:42 pm

With the current plot the series wouldn't work and I'm going to explain why. From the very beginning Mai sees Mikoto fighting against Natsuki. That's how she learns about her HiME powers. If Mai never saw that battle in Episode 1, then the series wouldn't exist. There would be no reason for her to be involved in the HiME battle. Unless Mikoto decided to fight Mai I don't even see a series to discuss here. However, let's suppose Mai somehow gets involved in the battle without Natsuki's existence.

Nao would probably come across as less whiny to those who consider her as such. She would have never gotten her eye shot, so Natsuki would never have been kidnapped. As a result of her eye remaining intact I think Nao would be able to open up to the other characters and quit her money-stealing ways.

Secondly, I don't see Shizuru existing at all without Natsuki. It's just not possible. The series without Natsuki also takes a more complex imagination than I have. I can't really make a solid guess as to how the series would have turned out without Natsuki's presence.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Valkyria Lightning wrote:insanity Wink

But... yeah. The whole plot without Natsuki? Well... Then the whole District one thing wouldn't have taken action in the first place, right? Either that or they would have been able to fully develop their powers and reach out completely.

Also, Shizuru's appearance would be quite useless there. Or she'd claim another person to be her most precious. Too many possibilities to think about o.o

;3 Bingo, Narseh.

Without Natsuki, I don't believe Mai would know about First District period. During the road accident (caused by an Orphan), Natsuki spilled the beans about First District and their cover up ways. Luckily this universe topic doesn't lack Nagi and Mashiro Kazahana or the girls would really be in the dark about the mysterious organizations and their motivations. ^^;

o_o I don't think Shizuru would have someone to be her own precious person. If she did, it wouldn't be someone she's fallen in love with. It's true the ladies love to give her loads of attention at Fuuka, but the graceful Kaichou never took interest. Natsuki Kuga was new, exciting and above all - different.

she-ga-roo wrote:then the series would loose it's whole natsukiness!

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga PDVD_089
Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga PDVD_070
Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga PDVD_094

^ And Natsukiness would be a VERY difficult thing to live without. /;_;/

Lerena wrote:With the current plot the series wouldn't work and I'm going to explain why. From the very beginning Mai sees Mikoto fighting against Natsuki. That's how she learns about her HiME powers. If Mai never saw that battle in Episode 1, then the series wouldn't exist. There would be no reason for her to be involved in the HiME battle. Unless Mikoto decided to fight Mai I don't even see a series to discuss here. However, let's suppose Mai somehow gets involved in the battle without Natsuki's existence.

Nao would probably come across as less whiny to those who consider her as such. She would have never gotten her eye shot, so Natsuki would never have been kidnapped. As a result of her eye remaining intact I think Nao would be able to open up to the other characters and quit her money-stealing ways.

Secondly, I don't see Shizuru existing at all without Natsuki. It's just not possible. The series without Natsuki also takes a more complex imagination than I have. I can't really make a solid guess as to how the series would have turned out without Natsuki's presence.

Natsuki no Prelude shows that Natsuki and Mikoto had their first fight before the events of Episode 1. It is also where she uncovered HiME powers, her CHiLDs, the consequences if the HiME group up at Fuuka, and so on. It basically all starts with Natsuki, making it very difficult to imagine a world without her.

Nao Yuuki become a less venomous person, Lerena? I can buy that as the only person Nao conflicted with was Natsuki. In fact, Natsuki was the first one to draw her weapon and aim for Nao's pretty little face in response to Nao "I have these powers, I can do whatever I want!" claim. Off topic, that is a decent NatNao moment as it can be seen as sexual tension. ;3 Their smirking shows that they wanted to waste each other so badly. Fumi Bless Drunk Midori for calming their titties. ;3

Mai Tokiha ends up being a close friend to Natsuki, though nothing would really change there in my opinion. Yes, Natsuki was involved in every major event that occurred, but was spared from the personal matters like Mai's "love triangle" with Tate and Reito. Or even Mai, Shiho and Tate (a more literal love triangle). Because Natsuki knew too much, Miyu and Alyssa wouldn't of had a hostage to draw Mai and Mikoto to them like in episode 12. When you think about it, Natsuki put herself in a lot of danger throughout the events of the series. But her absence would make life for the HiME more difficult...oh wait! Her contacts Sakomizu and Yamada would still be around to tackle what's going on. I can easily see them hiring one of the other HiME for investigations. Who that would be is up to you...they may not get hired at all seeing they had no direct connection with First District. Unlike Natsuki who had a mother who worked for them, new about the HiME and did the unthinkable by trying to sell her daughter.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Valkyria Lightning wrote:insanity Wink

;3 Bingo, Narseh.

Without Natsuki, I don't believe Mai would know about First District period. During the road accident (caused by an Orphan), Natsuki spilled the beans about First District and their cover up ways. Luckily this universe topic doesn't lack Nagi and Mashiro Kazahana or the girls would really be in the dark about the mysterious organizations and their motivations. ^^;

o_o I don't think Shizuru would have someone to be her own precious person. If she did, it wouldn't be someone she's fallen in love with. It's true the ladies love to give her loads of attention at Fuuka, but the graceful Kaichou never took interest. Natsuki Kuga was new, exciting and above all - different.

she-ga-roo wrote:then the series would loose it's whole natsukiness!

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga PDVD_089
Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga PDVD_070
Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga PDVD_094

^ And Natsukiness would be a VERY difficult thing to live without. /;_;/

Lerena wrote:With the current plot the series wouldn't work and I'm going to explain why. From the very beginning Mai sees Mikoto fighting against Natsuki. That's how she learns about her HiME powers. If Mai never saw that battle in Episode 1, then the series wouldn't exist. There would be no reason for her to be involved in the HiME battle. Unless Mikoto decided to fight Mai I don't even see a series to discuss here. However, let's suppose Mai somehow gets involved in the battle without Natsuki's existence.

Natsuki no Prelude shows that Natsuki and Mikoto had their first fight before the events of Episode 1. It is also where she uncovered HiME powers, her CHiLDs, the consequences if the HiME group up at Fuuka, and so on. It basically all starts with Natsuki, making it very difficult to imagine a world without her.

Nao Yuuki become a less venomous person, Lerena? I can buy that as the only person Nao conflicted with was Natsuki. In fact, Natsuki was the first one to draw her weapon and aim for Nao's pretty little face in response to Nao "I have these powers, I can do whatever I want!" claim. Off topic, that is a decent NatNao moment as it can be seen as sexual tension. ;3 Their smirking shows that they wanted to waste each other so badly. Fumi Bless Drunk Midori for calming their titties. ;3

Mai Tokiha ends up being a close friend to Natsuki, though nothing would really change there in my opinion. Yes, Natsuki was involved in every major event that occurred, but was spared from the personal matters like Mai's "love triangle" with Tate and Reito. Or even Mai, Shiho and Tate (a more literal love triangle). Because Natsuki knew too much, Miyu and Alyssa wouldn't of had a hostage to draw Mai and Mikoto to them like in episode 12. When you think about it, Natsuki put herself in a lot of danger throughout the events of the series. But her absence would make life for the HiME more difficult...oh wait! Her contacts Sakomizu and Yamada would still be around to tackle what's going on. I can easily see them hiring one of the other HiME for investigations. Who that would be is up to you...they may not get hired at all seeing they had no direct connection with First District. Unlike Natsuki who had a mother who worked for them, new about the HiME and did the unthinkable by trying to sell her daughter.

Well no Natsuki meant that I would have been sparred the scene where Natsuki knees and knocks Tate out on the boat, but while yes Natsuki did stay out of Mai's love triangle, she did sort of give Tate the kick in the ass he needed back at the hospital so, with no Natsuki then Tate would probably still be guilt tripping himself into staying by Shiho's side. Just my assumption and a very good reason for me to like her

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 pm

hildebrant wrote:Well no Natsuki meant that I would have been sparred the scene where Natsuki knees and knocks Tate out on the boat, but while yes Natsuki did stay out of Mai's love triangle, she did sort of give Tate the kick in the ass he needed back at the hospital so, with no Natsuki then Tate would probably still be guilt tripping himself into staying by Shiho's side. Just my assumption and a very good reason for me to like her

And trust me, Tate needed that kick in the ass. XD Everyone sulking during Carnival arc did, especially Mai. Oh my god, can you be honest with yourself already Mai?! >:3 We've got a world to save!

I know what you mean though, dude. Good points! Should I just thrown it out there that Natsuki respect Tate? ;3 Aside from that nice knee to the chest (OMG! NATSUKI DID THE G.T.S....sorta.), she never expressed any kind of wariness towards him. On the contrary, she seemed quite supportive of him and Mai.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:59 am

Where did that see happen? I don't remember it.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:27 am

GAP wrote:Where did that see happen? I don't remember it.

o.o Oi, if you're referring to my Natsuki being supportive of Mai and Tate comment, then here ya go:

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m02s55

Natsuki asks Tate if he is in love with Mai, as he's showing a ton of concern for her. Plus she knows the two have been hanging around each other often in the past.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m17s178

Yuuichi is at a loss of words.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m38s170

Natsuki smiles at the idea of love between these two.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m46s246

^ This and a series of exposition by Natsuki gives Tate a better understanding of the Carnival and it's costly results.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h17m22s88

Tate puts two and two together, scaring the shit out of a Natsuki.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h17m31s184

It ends with Natsuki smiling. A smile which says "Get em' Tiger. Go save your woman." to me. Though she probably worded it in a more ice cold, lone-wolf type way. <3 This is all opinion of course.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
GAP wrote:Where did that see happen? I don't remember it.

o.o Oi, if you're referring to my Natsuki being supportive of Mai and Tate comment, then here ya go:

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m02s55

Natsuki asks Tate if he is in love with Mai, as he's showing a ton of concern for her. Plus she knows the two have been hanging around each other often in the past.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m17s178

Yuuichi is at a loss of words.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m38s170

Natsuki smiles at the idea of love between these two.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h16m46s246

^ This and a series of exposition by Natsuki gives Tate a better understanding of the Carnival and it's costly results.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h17m22s88

Tate puts two and two together, scaring the shit out of a Natsuki.

Without Series: The Mai-Verse without Natsuki Kuga Vlcsnap-2012-01-11-11h17m31s184

It ends with Natsuki smiling. A smile which says "Get em' Tiger. Go save your woman." to me. Though she probably worded it in a more ice cold, lone-wolf type way. <3 This is all opinion of course.

That whole scene is the part where I beleived Natsuki to be, as TV Tropes put it: A Shipper on Deck for Mai and Yuuichi. Another scene is when Yuuichi died she was forcibly holding back tears as she saw Mai slowly walk like a zombie after seeing Yuuichi die. Of course this is just an opinion I share with Luu

hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:29 pm

hildebrant wrote:Another scene is when Yuuichi died she was forcibly holding back tears as she saw Mai slowly walk like a zombie after seeing Yuuichi die. Of course this is just an opinion I share with Luu

In a universe without Natsuki (with Mikoto still under control), Mai wouldn't of had a proper opportunity to calm herself down. She would of be been incredibly traumatized by Tate's death until the revival occurs in the final battle. If Mai even makes it that far in an AU setting.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down