Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread

+5
Kyubey Mittens
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Konaxookami
Luu Sky Sapphire
Defiant
9 posters

Go down

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Empty Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread

Post by Defiant Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:34 am

Noticed no other Naruto thread, so I took the liberty of starting one...

NARUTO
Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Naruto-uzumaki-410

Author: Masashi Kishimoto (manga creator/main author)
Genre: Shonen, Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Manga:

• Pilot: 1997
  • Published: 1999-2011*(still outgoing)
  • Issues: 563+ (still outgoing)
  • Publisher: Shonen Jump
Anime:

• Naruto: 2002-2007 (220 episodes)
  • Naruto-Shippuden: 2007-2011*(237+ episodes - still outgoing)
  • Studio: Aniplex, Studio Pierrot
Plot:
Extremely shortened...
Spoiler:

Personal view: I think everybody somehow interested in anime does know Naruto, it is very popular and I owe it for my current knowleadge of anime. The whole thing has many archs which usualy hold consistent "inside" story of their own that is ended by some surprising event.
Everybody is saying that Shippuden has go down a lot with quality and I have to kinda agree, the action animation isn´t what it use to be, the talks are sometime just boring and somehow some characters just gone almost invisible.
But thet things what most of fans are complaining are fillers, yea from all of those Naruto anime episodes I assume that atleast 33% are filler episodes which usualy are ultimately boring (not saying there aren´t good fillers, yea there are but it is a very small number).
Nevertheless both manga and anime are quite good and I still enjoy watching/reading them.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Empty Re: Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

^^; Believe me dude, I've tried giving Naruto countless chances. It just doesn't click with me with it's fillers and constant stare downs during battles. The manga has a more artistic sense to it, including better focus on story, but it feels empty to me. What I *do* enjoy about the series are it's characters that don't get much screen time like Temari, she's really badass.

Then there's Tsunade-sama:

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Coffee10

Aside from her 'talented' features, she is a great fighter with a good heart. She even has this comedic aspect to her personality. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Empty Re: Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread

Post by Defiant Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:^^; Believe me dude, I've tried giving Naruto countless chances. It just doesn't click with me with it's fillers and constant stare downs during battles. The manga has a more artistic sense to it, including better focus on story, but it feels empty to me. What I *do* enjoy about the series are it's characters that don't get much screen time like Temari, she's really badass.

Then there's Tsunade-sama:

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Coffee10

Aside from her 'talented' features, she is a great fighter with a good heart. She even has this comedic aspect to her personality. :)

Totaly understand your view, I somehow got through those 70 episodes of fillers in the original series, but the quality and fun level just extremely droped during Shippuden - I can remember The Capturing Sanbi filler and almost curent filler 232nd episode - those were better than normal episodes, othrewise it is just...I mean there has been like 20 episode filler stream when Naruto and Yamato are sailing to "Giant Turtle Island" - in manga it was 1-page image...in anime time it is now over three weeks, which doesn´t make any sence since they once traveled almost over whole map in just 3 day...Those fillers and movies for that matter are killing the manga story. Manga is a bit better, because it is consistent and everything has relevance.

I know what you mean, somehow the main characters can be annoying as hell - especial whole Sakura-Sasuke thing.
Temari and Tsunade are both pretty cool (though my n.1 in series is Hinata ;D) and they would definitely deserve more screen time (although they got some bits in 4th Ninja War act).
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Defiant wrote:
Temari and Tsunade are both pretty cool (though my n.1 in series is Hinata ;D) and they would definitely deserve more screen time (although they got some bits in 4th Ninja War act).

Hinata is the only reason I still read the manga. lol. Before I was reading it to get more info on Naruto's parents Minato and Kushina-but now it's only Hinata, since I love rooting for her. Yup. And even though I abhore the anime at this point, the episode where she confessed was handled really well, and I actually liked how, unlike in the manga, she got to fight a bit and be a badass before Pein pulled the whole: 'lol stab stab NARUTO FEEL MY PAIN BLAH BLAH stab stab'. I'm so close to dropping the manga too though, it's getting so ridiculous.

But it was my first 'legit'? I suppose you could say anime outside of the saturday morning cartoon variety and the toonami shows I was allowed to watch. So I suppose it's still sorta close to my heart. Besides that, Naruto was a character I always related to before the timeskip and I actually enjoy cosplaying him for obvious reason that it's so simple to act like a derp while wearing the costume. But now? I've moved on from the series. xD

But seriously. I love Hinata. And NaruHina. That's all that keeps me somewhat interested in the series at this point.
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Konaxookami wrote:
But seriously. I love Hinata. And NaruHina. That's all that keeps me somewhat interested in the series at this point.

Yea, thats one of my top reasons too (NaruHina fan too ;]), although from what I have heard Kishimoto in some interview or somewhere else (not really sure) said that there will be only one official pairing at the end, which is sort of a letdown.

Another reason is that I wouldn´t like to drop the series because I have already got so far (over 450 episodes of anime + over 350 manga episodes, yea I didn´t read the whole manga from the beginning).
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 pm

I tried (believe me TRIED) getting into this series a few times and each time I'm turned away. This isn't a good sign since I'm easy to please and used to read Bleach and One Piece. I'm generally not into modern day shonen at all and stray away from them (not going to commit myself to series that have no end in sight). I prefer the old school Shonen like Dragonball Z, YuYu Hakusho, Kenshin, and Fist of the North Star (for the lulz). All complete and ready for me to finish at my own pace. :D

I have a story to tell. There was an instance in 2005 when I was progressing out of my Dragonball fandom (though, once 2010 rolled around, I became a DB fangirl again thanks to the DBZ Kai dub) and getting into other anime. There were folks back in high school who talked about Naruto and pressured me into watching it. I gave it a chance and wondered what the fuss was all about. 20 episodes into the first series... yeah, I dropped it. Just couldn't get into it. I even gave the manga a chance and I'll admit it's not as bad (though, some of the art put me off later I think in the timeskip (?)), but couldn't stick with it.

I gave it another chance during Shippuden... and just 10 episodes in. That was it. I quit.

A Gary-stu character like Sasuke just turns me off. Sakura was also a huge turn-off for me. Some of the characters are too generic. I didn't want to suffer endless filler. I feel sorry for those who watched those. The angst was also way too intoxicating for me. I love me some good fighting, but things just got cerebral for my taste (no I'm not dumb; I just don't like pretentious writing).

Only reason I know most of this is 'cause a close friend of mine has the Naruto knowledge and kinda still follows it but he's not into as much as he used to. He would tell me what goes on, but I think he's taking a break from it.

I admit I did read the pilot chapter he showed me and... it was a pretty decent premise. it had Naruto riding a vespa and had no Sasuke. I think I would've liked that better than what we have now. And I did like that one Naruto movie with some ice princess (forgot name, can't care too much to research, lulz XD).

I wonder, 10 years from now, will Naruto have a legacy like others before it have gained? I know some started getting into anime/manga thanks to Naruto (folks like me and older gen got our first anime exposure thanks to DB, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon; my first was Pokemon). But, do you folks who started on Naruto see it having a lasting presence over the years once its manga and anime are finished?

The likes of Dragonball and Sailor Moon still maintain a presence (the latter is undergoing a revival right now) whilst having a lasting legacy for the past generation, or two, since finishing their runs. Naruto for a while was hugely popular in the US, but seems to have kinda went downhill with some fanbase and I heard the current stuff just aren't up to par with what it used to be. Am I right? Maybe the first half of Naruto will be fondly remembered, but the second half will be not so much? All I know it seems this series looks to have become full of missed opportunities.

Wow, long post. Hahaha. XD

Last edited by SoulEaterHaruhis0s on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reword some stuff)
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm an anime hipster, it's cool to hate Naruto. :Kyuubey:

Joking aside I watched the series a bit(at least thirty episodes) when I wasn't into anime seriously and I never felt prompted to go back for several reasons.

1.The initial premise itself: It's the normal type of premise for a shounen series but with ninjas. Ninjas are cool but the way they're presented here is just lack luster. The world and atmosphere for Naruto is also rather bland, too self centered in the characters.

The characters designs: I normally go by the rule of not judging a book by it's cover but these character designs feel uninspired without being able to tell where it was ripped from. The orange jumpsuit that Naruto wears initially is enough to scare me away from the series. Razz

Preference for the older shounen series: A lot of the older series just simply appeal more with their over the top premises and just more appealing character designs. Knights of the Zodiac instantly comes to mind for those character designs. Beyond that, there something fresh behind a lot of those shows, whether it be story writing or different lenses I don't know but that's how I feel,
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:26 pm

SoulEaterHaruhis0s wrote:I wonder, 10 years from now, will Naruto have a legacy like others before it have gained? I know some started getting into anime/manga thanks to Naruto (folks like me and older gen got our first anime exposure thanks to DB, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon; my first was Pokemon). But, do you folks who started on Naruto see it having a lasting presence over the years once its manga and anime are finished?

The likes of Dragonball and Sailor Moon still maintain a presence (the latter is undergoing a revival right now) whilst having a lasting legacy for the past generation, or two, since finishing their runs. Naruto for a while was hugely popular in the US, but seems to have kinda went downhill with some fanbase and I heard the current stuff just aren't up to par with what it used to be. Am I right? Maybe the first half of Naruto will be fondly remembered, but the second half will be not so much? All I know it seems this series looks to have become full of missed opportunities.

Sometimes I do question the legacy that many modern day anime series may or may not leave behind. Same goes for games and movies. Naruto will be remembered for all time, as much as I hate to admit it, but a Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z it'll never be. Those two revolutionized Japanese animation, reaching the height of their popularity at the right time (1990s) when anime was underground. Even today, both series continue to gain new fans.

When you peek at my anime/manga DVD collection, you'll notice the only Naruto DVD I have is when Tsunade made her debut. Yup. Naruto has no legacy to me, but we all see these franchises differently. It's a matter of sheer taste.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SoulEaterHaruhis0s wrote:I wonder, 10 years from now, will Naruto have a legacy like others before it have gained? I know some started getting into anime/manga thanks to Naruto (folks like me and older gen got our first anime exposure thanks to DB, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon; my first was Pokemon). But, do you folks who started on Naruto see it having a lasting presence over the years once its manga and anime are finished?

Sometimes I do question the legacy that many modern day anime series may or may not leave behind. Same goes for games and movies. Naruto will be remembered for all time, as much as I hate to admit it, but a Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z it'll never be. Those two revolutionized Japanese animation, reaching the height of their popularity at the right time (1990s) when anime was underground. Even today, both series continue to gain new fans.

When you peek at my anime/manga DVD collection, you'll notice the only Naruto DVD I have is when Tsunade made her debut. Yup. Naruto has no legacy to me, but we all see these franchises differently. It's a matter of sheer taste.

Well, actually I view that for US the first giant move forward for anime was Space Battleship Yamato - (for US renamed and slightly re-cutted as Star blazers), which I think premiered 1974 in Japan and 1976(?) in US. I mean I have seen some document-like clip in some Colledge Humor program, when they mentioned it as the first "anime-wave".

But that really depends, I think that for my country Naruto will have some sort of a legacy because things like anime weren´t heard of until I would say 2002-2004 and Naruto was (and I would say thanks to internet outbreak and Prasatko´s czech subs) for most of Czech fans the real starting anime. I mean almost everyone of my generation remembers watching Pokémon and Digimon as kids but we didn´t differ between Disney and anime back then so most of us doesn´t count it =)

Of course nowadays it is a very different situation (in pre-teen generation is now Bakugan very popular), I would say that very few people(except those who didn´t watched enough) have Naruto in their top 10 animes but they still remember it as the thing that got them into anime.
Also the funny thing is that you still have one more original Naruto DVD that I do, there are 2 reasons for that - there are very few shops that offers anime and manga and when you actually find something it is usually extremely overprised + you can find tons of downloads in much better quality with czech subs instead of english ones. And if you are asking about czech dubs they are just terrible, the only the dubs I consider good are for Mononoke Hime and for Metropolis.
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Empty Naruto Thread *Spoilers Alert!*

Post by SulliMike23 Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Since there is no Naruto thread (I looked this time), I figured I start one and I'll discuss this week's episode of Shippuden.

*Spoiler alert!*

Spoiler:
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Konaxookami Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:Since there is no Naruto thread (I looked this time), I figured I start one and I'll discuss this week's episode of Shippuden.

*Spoiler alert!*

Spoiler:

SULLI.

Spoiler:
Konaxookami
Konaxookami
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2209
Armitage GUTS!!! : 803
Location : Somewhere between the Furthest Ring and the Hall of Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:39 am

SulliMike23 wrote:Since there is no Naruto thread (I looked this time)

:3 Just merged your thread with Defiant's. No big deal, threads always escape my vision too. @_@

Apologies again, as I'm not a Naruto fan. Sorry guys. I am a Tsunade fan though and the following video made laugh so hard, I had to save it on my YouTube channel.

Tsunade's boobs secret moment - Naruto Shippuden 169 ending

So... What's the secret of Tsunade's boobs? :D

---

kawaiidesuplz Tsunade-samaaaaaaaa~~~~~~~~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:09 am

DARN IT!!! I really gotta keep my eyes open.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:51 pm

SulliMike23 wrote:DARN IT!!! I really gotta keep my eyes open.

Haha! No worries!

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Tsunade08

Tsunade-sama forgives you....for now. Akira Okuzaki

Last edited by Luu Sky Sapphire on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SulliMike23 wrote:Since there is no Naruto thread (I looked this time)

:3 Just merged your thread with Defiant's. No big deal, threads always escape my vision too. @_@

Apologies again, as I'm not a Naruto fan. Sorry guys. I am a Tsunade fan though and the following video made laugh so hard, I had to save it on my YouTube channel.

Tsunade's boobs secret moment - Naruto Shippuden 169 ending

So... What's the secret of Tsunade's boobs? :D

---
there only one reason
THAT ALL MEN /SOME GIRLS LOVE TSUNDNADE
AN THIS VID pretty much KILLED IT -lol-
+ the other to ar to flat -lmfao-
kawaiidesuplz Tsunade-samaaaaaaaa~~~~~~~~
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Yea, Naruto has many LMAO moments...my favorite (which they turned around in anime)...

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Naruto1469607930

I think that Sakura will be the new Jiraiya :)
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemia Dai De Windbloom Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Naruto - the annoying orange ninja thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNKZuYfzJyV5MekbGZFq1yC4b6DQK7zHKSNtY3ZH7JhP6fF1X0lw yes
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Nemia Dai De Windbloom
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 58
Armitage GUTS!!! : 0

http://www.otakuzone.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

I'm really not too interested in watching this series...and as some here I've tried.
The ones to blame are:
1. All the Naruto otaku fans that quite believe that Naruto/Death Note/Bleach/One Piece are the only anime out there that are good and that everything is somehow a copy or a rip-off of these ones... >>;

2. The edited and censored crappy version aired in my country, all courtesy of the US edition.

The only thing I like about Naruto is SAKUHINA. And all thanks to a wonderful yuri art/doujinshi I saw.

EDIT: I said NaruHina but that was a typo...I like SakuHina. :3

Last edited by shezaei-neko on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 pm

So I was catching on with few last mangas and episodes I missed for 2 moth when suddenly noticed the movie poster on Road to ninja...watched the trailer...

the manga pre-chapter and some pics...

and I have to say that this is the first Naruto movie or any of-manga story (even though Kishimoto has work on this) that I am actually looking forward to. I mean ballistic Hinata and creepy Neji? This movie is gonna be awesome :D
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down