Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you learn anything from your anime/manga?

+10
GoldenSun13
Sergay Tate
Lerena
Kino karutta-chan
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
Amaya
Kyubey Mittens
SpiderNeKoHiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

manga - Did you learn anything from your anime/manga? Empty Did you learn anything from your anime/manga?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 am

Mai-Multiverse in:

Did you learn anything from your anime/manga?

An old friend from one of my YouTube accounts credited her recent 1 year anniversary to her favorite pair from Strawberry Panic. It got me thinking, what have we got out of our favorite anime/manga series?

To be completely honest, any anime/manga inspired knowledge I gained to assist me in 3-D land (aka reality) came directly from here:

manga - Did you learn anything from your anime/manga? Sailor10

In comparison to American cartoons, anime/manga doesn't shove morals and whatnot down your throat, you're basically watch these lives unfold before your very eyes. Sailor Moon, even removing the conservative DiC dub from this discussion, contained many relationship, friendship even depression issues. That's not even the TIP of the iceberg either. I must admit, I soaked up a lot from the series. Being a better friend to those close to me is one of them and cherishing someone I'm in love with. (MIDORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII)

Take Sailor Moon herself, Usagi Tsukino. Not only my almost lifelong hero, but also a symbol of everything good. If there were more idealists like her, the world would be a better place. Watching her forgive enemies, patch things up between friends and fellow Sailor Senshi, putting everything on the line for ONE life, knowing she can come out on top is just noble.

So what have I learned from Sailor Moon aside from the basics? True love conquers all. Corny, but true. If the love is not true, you're with the wrong person. However one should never break a friendship, or at least try not to. Nobody's perfect, not even Usagi, but she was damn close.

If I can think of what my other anime/manga taught me, I'll type them down. Take this time to post your own thoughts. I'm sure some of you were taught something from Mai-HiME/Otome...remember all joking aside! ;p
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

manga - Did you learn anything from your anime/manga? Empty Re: Did you learn anything from your anime/manga?

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 pm

angelic layer taught me to never give up and be a better friend and sportswoman to others : D
sailor moon too! so many themes of friendship in the series. >///<
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

manga - Did you learn anything from your anime/manga? Empty Re: Did you learn anything from your anime/manga?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Nice one Megan! *high fives* Angelic Layer kicks so much ass.

Misaki's sportsmanship inspired Angelic Layer Deuces all around here. The idea that the game shouldn't be taken seriously. There's a bond between Deuce and Angel which shines bright when you have FUN with the game. It's something her mother, Shuko Suzuhara, believed in.

Just like in real life I guess. As long as you're having fun, you can truly enjoying the game (whatever it may be).
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:32 am

In a way I felt I like a lot of the anime I've watch how imparted some truth on to me. Fruits Basket really instils in me that just because someone different, it doesn't mean they don't belong or shouldn't get enjoyment out of life despite the odds.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 am

Love is blind and always
accompanied by Madness.
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:44 pm

Duran's Flower wrote:In a way I felt I like a lot of the anime I've watch how imparted some truth on to me. Fruits Basket really instils in me that just because someone different, it doesn't mean they don't belong or shouldn't get enjoyment out of life despite the odds.

*nods* I got that out of Fruits Basket as well. Great series btw, even the short anime has a place n my heart. Kyo rules! Wink

As long as you're human with a good heart, you belong in any circle. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Never take life for granted, and always see the beauty of the moment ...
dear god i sound like a sentimental old man .______.

GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2319
Armitage GUTS!!! : 498

https://www.youtube.com/user/Graipe?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:36 am

GhibliFreek wrote:Never take life for granted, and always see the beauty of the moment ...

:D This could be learned from several anime/manga I know. Which one are you specifically referring to?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:56 pm

hmm, many anime seem to send this message, but the ones that I know of are ones like Aria (ohlulsoobsessed) Kashimashi, Girlfriends and others....

and here I am trying to tell people I'm not a sap ._______.
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

T_T I must finish Girlfriends!

GhibliFreek wrote:and here I am trying to tell people I'm not a sap ._______.

Too late for that, my friend. :)

I learned something from watching a few episodes of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars yesterday. Also stay faithful to the one you love. However, make sure you strengthen your friendship with the new person who's fallen in love with you. Maybe you can't be together, but without each others support as friends, you'll regret it for the rest of your lives. Don't throw away a friendship, you were lucky to find this person.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 am

I didn't necessarily learn this, but watching Clannad really makes me feel the importance of a strong family, whether it be with relatives or friends to keep close by.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Duran's Flower wrote:I didn't necessarily learn this, but watching Clannad really makes me feel the importance of a strong family, whether it be with relatives or friends to keep close by.

Good one! ^_^ On thet subject, I\in various series of mine, there's always a character who takes their family for granted. Take NANA for example...

During my rewatch, there was an episode where Nana Osaki went to visit Hachi-Nana's family. Hachi-Nana is embarrassed of her oddball family, but Nana Osaki enjoyed their company and friendly atmosphere because she doesn't remember her own mother, nor ever met her father. Hachi-Nana realized how lucky she is to even have a family. Moments like that truly make you wake up to certain aspects of life.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GhibliFreek Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Hachi-Nana realized how lucky she is to even have a family. Moments like that truly make you wake up to certain aspects of life.

this is true. I love NANA, its another very good anime/manga that i try to force people to watch XDD
I admit I am not the perfect daughter, never have been, never will be. But I do know how lucky I am to have my mother, and I respect her so much its unbelievable. :3

AND YES IM A SAP I HAVE LEARNT TO ACCEPT THIS XDDD

all in the space of a day....
GhibliFreek
GhibliFreek
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 pm

GhibliFreek wrote:this is true. I love NANA, its another very good anime/manga that i try to force people to watch XDD I admit I am not the perfect daughter, never have been, never will be. But I do know how lucky I am to have my mother, and I respect her so much its unbelievable. :3

You have to force people to watch NANA!? THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE MISSING! I LOVE NANA! IT'S ONE OF THE GREATEST ANIME/MANGA OF ALL TIME! Plus I had an uber crush on Nana Osaki when the series came out. TO TOP IT ALL OFF, MY FAVORITE J-SINGER, ANNA TSUCHIYA, SINGS BOTH THEME SONGS! ANOTHER LEGEND IN OLIVIA, SUNG THE 2ND OPENING SONG! THE SERIES IS FULL OF AWESOMENESS! THE ART, STORY, CHARACTERS, EVERYTHING!

*catches breath*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chibi Rachy Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Hmm....

Here's one: You should never go up to someone and ask them to perform any kind of act with you that their previous lover died doing... It doesn't have the results you intend.
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:13 pm

Simoun, huh??

I am pretty sure I learned a lot, but I can't remember anything right nao.
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I've learned a lot from anime and seeing myself in the footsteps of characters I never thought possible. I took creative license and tried to pick a key theme from each series.

What Anime Taught Me
Strawberry Panic ~ Love hurts, and when you win someone else loses.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika ~ You can't redo the past and make it what you want.
Mai HiME ~ There will be inescapable battles that may put the ones I cherish most at risk.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ~ No matter what you do, your real friends will not abandon you.
Spoiler:
Death Note ~ It doesn't matter what religion you are, or if you're an Atheist; you do not play God under any circumstances.
Yu-Gi-Oh ~ Never give up. The most ridiculous tactics can and will save you.
Umineko no Naku Koro ni ~ What NOT to do when/if you're a single mother.
Skipbeat ~ Don't let yourself be taken advantage of (judging by the summary).
The Wallflower ~ Attempting to change a wonderful girl is futile.
World God Only Knows ~ My adopted sister is not an estranged child of my father.
Soul Eater ~ I'm not the only one who obsesses over my handwriting.

.........................To name a few things I learned, of course. More importantly, anime mostly taught me that I'm never alone in any situation, and that yes, other people have suffered from those same tragedies. Yu-Gi-Oh is the biggest influence on my life as I wouldn't be here today without it.

Specific characters have taught me even more.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:29 am

Kyubey Mittens wrote:In a way I felt I like a lot of the anime I've watch how imparted some truth on to me. Fruits Basket really instils in me that just because someone different, it doesn't mean they don't belong or shouldn't get enjoyment out of life despite the odds.

i agree with this.

as for mai hime/otome, it taught me that there is always something worth fighting for, even when you're confused about everything. it taught me to make the most of every opportunity (i know it's cliche, but it took hime/otome to teach it to me >.< hence i'm going to ghana).

there is more to it, but i am really tired and about to hit the hay so i can't really think straight right now lol. i'll add more to this tomorrow if i remember xD
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenSun13 Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:10 am

hmm... Aside from the usual love your friends, don't take anything or anyone for granted and fight for what you believe, I guess the anime I've watched has taught me:

~To be myself (Still trying to learn this)
~ That in the end, bad people never win (Team rocket! lol)
~ The easy way out is never the right option
~ and that you should never forget where you've come from to get where you are today.

Mai Hime taught me that holding something in for too long can lead to disastrous consequences.

On a lighter note, Strawberry Panic taught me to never fall in love with my room mate XD and, as Lerena has mentioned above, when someone wins, someone else loses; so be happy in your victory, but don't gloat.
GoldenSun13
GoldenSun13
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1966
Armitage GUTS!!! : 613

http://wuzzupy13.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:18 pm

I think got this out of Madoka some time ago....

"A wish is not much to make if you have no will to make it happen by your own hands."
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Lerena wrote:.........................To name a few things I learned, of course. More importantly, anime mostly taught me that I'm never alone in any situation, and that yes, other people have suffered from those same tragedies. Yu-Gi-Oh is the biggest influence on my life as I wouldn't be here today without it.

That's funny since I've never been the nicest son of a bitch in the world to Yu-Gi-Oh fans. I never harassed the fandom, but I did dislike it a lot at one point (don't judge me lol I'm just an old schooler when Sailor Moon ruled the Earth). Knowing it was an influence to you and probably the reason why you're here right now within the walls of Mai-fandom, that makes it all worthwhile.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 pm

GoldenSun13 wrote:hmm... Aside from the usual love your friends, don't take anything or anyone for granted and fight for what you believe, I guess the anime I've watched has taught me:

~To be myself (Still trying to learn this)
~ That in the end, bad people never win (Team rocket! lol)
~ The easy way out is never the right option
~ and that you should never forget where you've come from to get where you are today.

Mai Hime taught me that holding something in for too long can lead to disastrous consequences.

On a lighter note, Strawberry Panic taught me to never fall in love with my room mate XD and, as Lerena has mentioned above, when someone wins, someone else loses; so be happy in your victory, but don't gloat.

i have learned all of these too (except maybe never falling in love with my room mate, but i don't have one anyway lol).

and to add to what i said above:
the most important thing that mai hime taught me is that no matter how dark everything seems, there is always a light at the end of it. and there is always something to look forward to in the end.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:That's funny since I've never been the nicest son of a bitch in the world to Yu-Gi-Oh fans. I never harassed the fandom, but I did dislike it a lot at one point (don't judge me lol I'm just an old schooler when Sailor Moon ruled the Earth). Knowing it was an influence to you and probably the reason why you're here right now within the walls of Mai-fandom, that makes it all worthwhile.

Even though Yu-Gi-Oh has received more attention from me, Sailor Moon seems to have affected me deeper. I very rarely have a Yu-Gi-Oh dream but I have had countless Sailor Moon dreams. To put it bluntly, I think Sailor Moon has reached the inner depths of my heart more often than Yu-Gi-Oh, which consists of not so much character development but more like card game development. Sailor Moon actually has a bit of depth to it, because it doesn't only focus on the fighting.

It's easy for me to understand why some people don't like the show. I'm not sure why I like it, but I give it so much attention because it used to have the answer to almost all my problems. Almost all of them. Believe in yourself, don't give up, work hard, don't give your prized possessions to hooded figures who want to tell your fortune, and forgiveness is in this show too. Regardless of these elements and how much time I spend on the Yu-Gi-Oh fandom, even today, Sailor Moon still left its mark.

My dreams used to tease me with Sailor Moon dreams on a frequent basis, especially with Sailor Saturn appearances. After that, the dreams stopped for awhile and then eventually started up again by teasing me with the idea of new episodes coming out. I interpreted that to mean I unconsciously want to watch the rest of the show. I've been at least every senshi once in my dreams. I've also transformed more times than I've dueled in a dream (which is what, once?). I've lost count with the number of times I've transformed. I also haven't had another Sailor Moon dream in awhile; then again, I'm actually watching it and my dreams never focus themselves on what I've watched recently.

More things I've learned:
Mai HiME: Always bare in mind that falling in love is not a choice. Yes, Mai, you did not choose to fall in love with Tate; it just happened. Akira Okuzaki Secondly, don't hold in anything or it will come out in severe amounts of emotion. These emotions may not be appropriate and you may find yourself in trouble otherwise. And another thing; don't suffocate a growing boy with protection (yes, Mai, Takumi is his own person).

Mai Otome (I actually found out about the prequel, Mai HiME through this series): Always be respectful towards those who sacrifice everything for your happiness. I'm sure Mashiro learned this the hard way. Additionally, ruling like a spoiled brat does not mean you will be liked, and you will, in fact, figure out that being hated is not what you may necessarily want. Finally, listen to your grandmother. She is wise and very knowledgeable. Not quite sure what else I've learned since it has been ages since I watched Mai Otome. I should re-watch it.

Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu: It's hard not to learn anything from an anime like this. If you have learned nothing, you are a) not paying attention or b) seem to be too entertained to notice the lessons. They are there...somewhere. I have learned that perfect people do not exist (I don't really need this anime to tell me that, but just for the record), that hard work pays off, and that life is not fair. Trust me. This anime is loaded with signs that life isn't fair.

Sailor Moon: There is more to life than your job. I'm translating this into real life terms since chances are none of us on this forum are soldiers. Follow your dreams and always believe in yourself (I'm still learning this). Always worry about a person who never studies and suddenly decides to. They may be hiding something. Akira Okuzaki Overcome your differences and get along. Oh, and a personal favorite; be nice to your daughter.

Ouran High School Host Club: There's a message in that episode where Honey-senpai gets a cavity. Brush your teeth. Just do it.

Utena: There are a ton of things I've learned from Utena. For instance, being yourself is always more preferable to a real friend than you being what everyone else wants you to be. I'm not quite sure what else I've learned off the top of my head, but I do know that this anime is one of the more complex ones that I've watched.
Lerena
Lerena

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by SulliMike23 Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 pm

I've learned quite a few things from anime actually.

Gundam: Peace is not easy to achieve and not all warfare is easy to understand as the media makes it out to be.
Yu-Gi-Oh! (GX and 5D's): Never give up on your dreams no matter how impossible they may seem. Also to value what friends you have, because some may end up becoming your enemies.
Saki: This actually taught me how to play Japanese Mahjong in a way.
Macross/Robotech: Love triangles always end with two people winning and one person losing.
Naruto: Working hard and not giving up can overcome anything, despite what people say to you and how "superior" they are.
Love Hina: Simply saying, Love Hurts.

That's all I can think of for now.
SulliMike23
SulliMike23
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by frzn Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm on the same page as GhibliFreek: Every time I watch or read Aria, it reminds me to just embrace the moment and enjoy the little things in life, because they are what makes it all worth the while.
frzn
frzn
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 73
Armitage GUTS!!! : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next