Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Tate Yuichi

+7
Ice Silver Crystal
Kara
Luu Sky Sapphire
AtlantisLux
Abicion
zanekal1
ookamidesu
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Tate Yuichi - Page 2 Empty Re: Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Tate Yuichi

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:00 am

MidnightPersona wrote:You know me, Daddy Luu, MaiHo ftw~ My fav crack. I kinda like the idea of Tate with Nao... people find that odd. xD

Anime wise it's odd. Manga wise...there are more possibilities. A bare assed Nao was literally on top of Tate once. Give the manga credit for taking the fanservice a step forward. :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Tate Yuichi - Page 2 Empty Re: Dye's Psycho-Analysis of Tate Yuichi

Post by ookamidesu Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:16 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:You know me, Daddy Luu, MaiHo ftw~ My fav crack. I kinda like the idea of Tate with Nao... people find that odd. xD

Anime wise it's odd. Manga wise...there are more possibilities. A bare assed Nao was literally on top of Tate once. Give the manga credit for taking the fanservice a step forward. :3

That's the scene I have in my head when I read ray liked Tate and Nao. XD

@hilde: I did not mean for my psycho-analysis bash any characters. I apologize if I have offended you in any way, or if you felt that I was bashing on Tate. I have my qualms with Tate the character because I feel he makes poor decisions. That is it. I don't actually hate him, and I acknowledge that he has grown a great deal during the Carnival arc.

I will keep this in mind for my future character psycho-analyses and add a disclaimer from now on. ^-^;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hildebrant Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 pm

[quote=@hilde: I did not mean for my psycho-analysis bash any characters. I apologize if I have offended you in any way, or if you felt that I was bashing on Tate. I have my qualms with Tate the character because I feel he makes poor decisions. That is it. I don't actually hate him, and I acknowledge that he has grown a great deal during the Carnival arc.

I will keep this in mind for my future character psycho-analyses and add a disclaimer from now on. ^-^; [/quote]

Well I'm sorry for having dragged this out in the way that it has. Its mainly some old wounds of back when Tate bashing was rampant on ff.net, which hasn't changed too much these days. So once again I apologize and I'll try not to come down on you or anyone else when it comes to Tate
hildebrant
hildebrant
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 888
Armitage GUTS!!! : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 am

hildebrant wrote:Well I'm sorry for having dragged this out in the way that it has. Its mainly some old wounds of back when Tate bashing was rampant on ff.net, which hasn't changed too much these days. So once again I apologize and I'll try not to come down on you or anyone else when it comes to Tate

:) Just remember to come to me when you feel reopened wounds. By the way, ff.net isn't the best place to have discussions. Their forum groups are more like 'exclusive' cliques than communities. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:By the way, ff.net isn't the best place to have discussions. Their forum groups are more like 'exclusive' cliques than communities. :)

I know a few places like that... :coughs: I find it silly, the exclusion. Some people should just get over themselves and enjoy life, no? I mean, who wants to sit at the computer all day being a sour-puss when you could be doing something worthwhile instead, like have a life?

So, speaking of, who wants to go swimming? :imagines a certain member in a bikini...:

Sosugoiconhotelhasapoolweshouldallgoswimming.

ANYWAYS

Er, I still like TatexNao. Him and Mai seems forced to me. Also, him and Shiho makes no sense period. Ever.

I wish people paid more attention to Mai and Shiho's interactions (Prior Shiho losing her mind) because there was some sexual tension. <.<
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:By the way, ff.net isn't the best place to have discussions. Their forum groups are more like 'exclusive' cliques than communities. :)

I know a few places like that... :coughs: I find it silly, the exclusion. Some people should just get over themselves and enjoy life, no? I mean, who wants to sit at the computer all day being a sour-puss when you could be doing something worthwhile instead, like have a life?

So, speaking of, who wants to go swimming? :imagines a certain member in a bikini...:

Sosugoiconhotelhasapoolweshouldallgoswimming.

ANYWAYS

Er, I still like TatexNao. Him and Mai seems forced to me. Also, him and Shiho makes no sense period. Ever.

I wish people paid more attention to Mai and Shiho's interactions (Prior Shiho losing her mind) because there was some sexual tension. <.<

Icantswim.Iwilldrown. XD

Shiho's will be coming next. Lemme sort real-life first. XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:44 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Icantswim.Iwilldrown. XD

There are sections where you will not drown. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:51 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:I mean, who wants to sit at the computer all day being a sour-puss when you could be doing something worthwhile instead, like have a life?

Naw, too easy.

Can't wait to read Mulan's Shiho analysis. Again, no problems with Tate, but expect me to rant on Shiho Munakata in a very civilized manner. :) No worries, she is still a HiME and my ranting will not dismiss her character completely. On the contrary, let's see if the combined minds of Luu Sky Sapphire and one MidnightPersona can shed some reasonable light on her thanks to her gf's summary. If the others chip in, we can all discover just how wonderful Shiho REALLY is. ;3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 am

ookamidesu wrote:Background Information: Tate is not a HiME. He isn't even a girl. He is a Fuuka Gakuen student who runs miscellaneous errands for the Student Council. He also used to be part of the kendo club, until his knee injury, and it is implied that he was very good at the sport. He has blonde hair and brown eyes. And unmanly sideburns.

Warnings, cautions, notes, and randomness that you should know: I'm writing this analysis based on pure memory, so if there is incorrect information, let me know and I will fix it. Before reading this, you should have watched Mai HiME, or at least know all the essential details, because there will (undoubtedly) be many many spoilers. And some opinions. Okay, a lot of opinions.

My psycho-analysis:
It is seen early on that Tate has somewhat of a complex. I like to call it the "I-don't-want-to-be-useless-so-I'll-pretend-I-am-useful" complex.

The first instance of this was in the first episode, when they hauled Mikoto on-board. He felt that he had to resuscitate the girl back to life, even though it was not within his realm of responsibilities as a passenger. Now, it's great and all that he's being a good samaritan, but I've taken a CPR class. The first thing you do is check for breath. But he failed to do that. He just went straight for the mouth-to-mouth, which tells me that he most likely didn't know the proper procedure, which means that he is likely to not be CPR-certified. If he was not CPR-certified, he should not be attempting it. This is the first example of the "I-don't-want-to-be-useless-so-I'll-pretend-I-am-useful" complex.

Another example is during the SEARRS invasion. Tate wanted to feel useful, even though he didn't know what was going on, and plunged headfirst into the battlefield at Fuuka Gakuen, leaving Shiho alone by the caves (talk about irresponsibility). First of all, he was a sixteen year old boy with a few kendo lessons under his belt. What did he think he could do against the SEARRS military WITHOUT his wooden plaything? Second of all, he didn't even know what was going on and Mai already told him to take Shiho back to safety. He defied the words of someone who knew better (who had more information that he did), because what... he decided that maybe he could do something.

As the above example has already proven, Tate has a tendency to make bad decisions. This is mostly due to his inability to step outside of his "ME" bubble and think about what it is like for other people. Take Shiho, for example. Tate is FULLY aware of Shiho's affection for him.

When a girl dangles on your arm the way she does, calls you "onii-chan" the way she does, follow you around like a puppy the way she does, it's kind of hard to NOT know that she loves you in more than a brotherly or just-friend way. And yet, knowing that does not deter him from blatantly showing interest in Mai in front of Shiho.

Now, I'm not saying that just because Shiho liked him, it means that he needs to shirk all other women. I'm just saying that he should have dealt with that problem before it became a problem. If he had talked it out with Shiho and was more firm in his stance to keep a platonic relationship with the girl, maybe Shiho would have been able to move on and find herself someone else. Instead, he keep quiet and allowed Shiho to continue having these fantasies where eventually, Tate will someday return her affections. He just led her on, even though he knew nothing between them would ever happen.

Despite his complex and tendency to make bad decisions, Tate is not an inherently bad person. He has a kind heart that can be filled with guilt, as proven when he religiously visited Shiho in the hospital after he abandoned her in the mountains. He is just an average boy who doesn't know how to deal with his affections (exemplified by his actions with Mai and Shiho) and ego (his complex issue).

My name is Dye, and I do not approve of Tate's character. Because as the main male role in the anime, he was completely unmanly.
I agree with you on everything. With the exception of the "unmanly sideburns" shot. I think his chops are quite nice but he's a noob when it comes to facial hair. He's seen the movie, I wrote the book.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 125
Armitage GUTS!!! : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:25 am

personally, i didn't agree with some of the stuff there. i like Tate. i understand his point of view quite a lot. but then again, i kinda make the same mistakes as he does. although to a far lesser extent, as his mistakes are blown up for the stories sake.

that's just me though. everyone is different.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:26 am

Sergay Wáng wrote:personally, i didn't agree with some of the stuff there. i like Tate. i understand his point of view quite a lot. but then again, i kinda make the same mistakes as he does. although to a far lesser extent, as his mistakes are blown up for the stories sake.

How do you relate yourself to Tate specifically?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:50 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:personally, i didn't agree with some of the stuff there. i like Tate. i understand his point of view quite a lot. but then again, i kinda make the same mistakes as he does. although to a far lesser extent, as his mistakes are blown up for the stories sake.

How do you relate yourself to Tate specifically?
As for me, Tate is a teenaged guy, that's more than enough reason for him to be a artard.
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm very open to differing opinions. Feel free to rant about Tate and your views on him all you like. Maybe I'll even learn a thing or two from you. :D
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Jack wrote:As for me, Tate is a teenaged guy, that's more than enough reason for him to be a artard.

Touche, that's a very good point. Though this is within the realms of fantasy where the man is the damsel-in-distress....=p
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:25 am

well as you said about Tate's "complex"... i do that. i try to help situations/people, even when i don't have the required things to help. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

it's not even that i make a conscious decision about it most of time. you're just in there doing what you can before you really know what's happening. take someone getting hurt for example... i have no qualifications with first aid what-so-ever (i do know a bit of CPR though). but when someone gets hurt, i am usually in there doing what i can. sometimes an extra pair of hands is all that is needed, be it to run and get something, or to help carry a stretcher.

or even at drifting. someone is having trouble with their car, and i am by no means a mechanic. i only know incredibly basic stuff. but sometimes it helps to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

as for his actions to do with the SEARRS invasion, i kinda understand where he was coming from there. i'm not saying i would have done the same, but i may have. he left Shiho in a place that he though was quite safe, and we went on down to see what was up. i would have felt compelled to see what on earth was happening and to make sure people i cared about were safe.

as for his dealings with Shiho's feelings, i agree with Dye on that one. that being said, perhaps he was just so used to it from such a young age that it didn't really occur to him what was actually going on. maybe it's because it was something that was such a big part of his life (let's face it, Shiho has been there for most of his life after all).

and as for his bad dealings with affections, perhaps he just never figured out how to deal with them properly. i have that issue. i was always so focused on sport (much like Tate) that i never did anything else really. until i go injured (just like Tate lol). after that i was kinda reclusive for a while, and a bit lost with what i wanted from life. then when i started doing other stuff, i couldn't really grasp some things. i know it sounds a bit like i've just written down Tate's doings here, but this actually happened to me.

but once again, that's just me. this probably doesn't even make sense (i just about failed at writing in school lol) but hopefully it does!
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:but once again, that's just me. this probably doesn't even make sense (i just about failed at writing in school lol) but hopefully it does!

You are now known as Sergay Tate. Change your forum name. xD Wait... Yuuichi Wang? XD

Anyways, I concur with Sergay, he does remind me a lot of Tate and that's why I know I'd get along with anime Tate at least. xD But I didn't realize this much. I have a new respect for the character...

MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:46 pm

MidnightPersona wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:but once again, that's just me. this probably doesn't even make sense (i just about failed at writing in school lol) but hopefully it does!

You are now known as Sergay Tate. Change your forum name. xD Wait... Yuuichi Wang? XD

Anyways, I concur with Sergay, he does remind me a lot of Tate and that's why I know I'd get along with anime Tate at least. xD But I didn't realize this much. I have a new respect for the character...

Arika Yumemiya i am glad it made sense to somebody!! i always respected his character, and i am glad i could get someone else to see him in a slightly better light :)

btw Luu, is that possible to change my name to Sergay Tate? lol
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:Arika Yumemiya i am glad it made sense to somebody!! i always respected his character, and i am glad i could get someone else to see him in a slightly better light :)

Tate Yuuichi getting more respect within Mai-fandom? Things have evolved, haven't they!?

:) To answer your question Mr. Aussie...YES! If you're 100% sure about it, say so and it shall be done!

Sergay Tate...it has a certain ring to it!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Sergay Wáng wrote:Arika Yumemiya i am glad it made sense to somebody!! i always respected his character, and i am glad i could get someone else to see him in a slightly better light :)

Tate Yuuichi getting more respect within Mai-fandom? Things have evolved, haven't they!?

:) To answer your question Mr. Aussie...YES! If you're 100% sure about it, say so and it shall be done!

Come to think of it, I don't think I've read a single fanfic with Sergay in it! For shame on all of you! XD
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

"so". to be honest i would have done something like this when i created my account if i had have thought about it lol.

@jack: i saw one, but it was more of a cameo lol.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:01 am

Jack wrote:"so". to be honest i would have done something like this when i created my account if i had have thought about it lol.

He has a camo dating Nao in mine :3

Sergay Wáng wrote:@jack: i saw one, but it was more of a cameo lol.

Change of Heart :cough: TatexNao has a camo. xD
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am

MidnightPersona wrote:
Jack wrote:"so". to be honest i would have done something like this when i created my account if i had have thought about it lol.

i have read almost no fanfic lol. don't hate me Shiho Huit lol
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:07 am

MidnightPersona wrote:

TatexNao? Have mercy... lol
Jack
Jack
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:12 am

Jack wrote:
MidnightPersona wrote:

TatexNao? Have mercy... lol

it almost happens in the manga lol.

Spoiler:
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Sergay Wáng wrote:

it almost happens in the manga lol.

Spoiler:

Oh yes... it almost happened. Razz
Spoiler:
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next