Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions

3 posters

Go down

Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions Empty Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Mon May 03, 2010 12:28 am

Copy and pasted from the old forum, here's my reviews of volumes 1 and 2! Look for my reviews for 3 and 4 very soon! Wink

Volume one:

H'okay, so.....

I have finally seen the first 4 eps of this show! (I know, I know, about time, shh XD)

We're not too deep into the plot yet, but I'm already enjoying it, as well as the characters that I've met. The mecha animals are really just frickin' cool. I really like how the action and battles are laid out, as well as the comedic elements (like the undies stealing orphan! XD) there have been so far. I'm not quite sure who my fave character is yet. Well, of the minor characters its definitely Chie, but of the main characters I'm not sure if I'm leaning more towards Natsuki or Mai yet. I think a few more eps and I will know that for sure. I also enjoy Mikoto, as she reminds me a lot of Chouhi from Koihime Musou, but that probably makes sense to few other people but myself since not a lot of other people seem to have seen Koihime Musou.

But anyhoos! I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far and I can't wait to see more.

Volume 2:

I watched the second DVD (the next 4 eps) with Luu last night!

Things are starting to pick up, and I must say I'm falling more and more in love with this series even though I've only seen 8 eps so far!

I had a magical fuzzy feeling as soon as I saw Midori make her appearance, and not just because she and I share a name (well, that helped me notice her a little bit XD). She's definitely my favorite character, one of those you become attached to and know you'll be attached to for the rest of the series. I love her personality, her drunkneness, her Sailor Moon-esque poses and fighting for love and justice! She is just freaking awesome. And hot XD Favorite character, aquired!

I like that we're getting more into the plot now, not just killing random monsters of the day for the hell of it. The festival ep broke my heart! Omg I was seriously like this T______________T at the end. I wish Akane wasn't taken out so early in the game.

Hopefully Luu and I are going to watch more tonight! Definitely enjoying :D
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions Empty Re: Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Lemme begin by saying that it was so much fun watching with you! XD We had commentary so great, it would of made Chuck Norris blush.

Secondly, the first volume is an entertaining one. It starts off with just a major set up (with Natsuki fighting Mikoto and Mai being uber confuzzled). Once they reached Fuka Academy(ending with Natsuki's pantsu collection going bai bai!), the whole pace of the territory starts to pick up. You get to know all the characters better, especially Mai and Natsuki. Chie is awesome! XD My ex GF is just like her, one major gossip gal. lol Remember to bring Koihime Musou when you visit, Midori!

^_^ Nice little review on Vol 2! Midori definitely won your heart and I couldn't be any happier. Granted, she's not the most serious character, but she does bring that excitement and fun to the series (like Mikoto does!). To me, Midori represents unity. Bringing everyone together for a cause. Even for something as silly and epic as the Cake Wars, which you'll most likely talk about in your next review. XD Looking forward to your reviews of Vol. 3 and 4.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions Empty Re: Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Sun May 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Okay! Time for some super duper reviews of vol. 3, 4, and 5!

I watched vol. 3 and 4 last week, so bear with me if I forget any important details XDD

The plot really started developing in vol. 3 with Alyssa and Miyu and the Searrs foundation. I was only half surprised that Alyssa was evil, since aren't all children? XDD I kid, I kid. She was capable of some nasty stuff though, goodness! O_O I seriously want my hair to glow every time I'm coming up with something evil or going to explode something. XDD

Anyhoooooos, while the plot was really getting set in motion in vol. 3, the best ep of vol 3. was CAKE WARS!!! That was vol. 3 right? XDD Either way, omg it was an awesome ep. I love eps like that. Midori has the best ideas ever, and continually proves why she is to be my favorite character in this show XDD But at the end of that ep we find out................. Akira is a cross-dresser! :D :D :D Not that I have a thing for cross-dressers or anything, but love for Akira grew about a million and a half points XDD I think Akira is my second favorite of the HiMEs, after Midori of course.

If memory serves, the 3rd volume ends with Alyssa bein' all evil and taking over the entire operation.

Vol. 4! Now things really heated up as we're getting to the end of the first arc. There's so much action, detroyin' stuff, and wonderful plot development at the end, I enjoyed this disc immensely. I enjoyed the whole arc, it was a fantastic story that ended in such high action drama it really kept my attention. I was also excited that there was a whole new arc being ready to unfold and the adventure wasn't done yet. But of course... before all this could happen....

KARAOKE TIEMZ!!!!!!! SO. MUCH. LOVE I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN IT. Poor Mai having to wait so long for her turn, and the costumes!! AHH!! Love love love love this ep. And then... Nagi drops the bomb. Have I mentioned I don't like this guy? XDD But end of vol. 4! And I just fall more in love with this show with every ep.

Vol. 5, Vol. 5... which Luu and I just watched last night! Holy crap are things getting intense with this disc O_O Nagi continues to make me want to put my foot to his face XD But its all good. There are so many things happening plotwise, and the action of the fight scenes is just so awesome, I don't even know how to describe it other than that. Black mail and betrayal, and HiME turning on each other and mind control and just... everything is making this to be an awesomely intense adventure.

Then ep 20... oh, ep 20. I freaking bawled like a baby when Takumi disappeared in Mai's arms, ooommgg. I like anime that doesn't save the characters just for the saving, that put everyone at risk no matter what part they play in the main characters' lives. I really wasn't expecting that to happen. Tragedy T__________T The sheer just amount of drama in this arc is making me love the show even more, despite the sadness that occurs during it. Not all anime can be sunshine and roses, right? XDD

So there you have it, my reviews of Vol. 3, 4, and 5! Luu and I should be watching Vol. 6 tonight. I can't believe there are only two more discs left!! I will be sad to see this one end. But then of course there's Mai Otome to get into ~_^
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 11, 2010 1:46 am

I'm glad you weren't turned off by the Festival arc. Sunrise made an excellent move by going in that direction though. As much as I would of loved seeing more Orphan battles, this was a twist I didn't see coming. Although I knew what happened to Akane was gonna play a major role later.

But hey! We just finished Mai HiME! (the 100th time for me. The first for Midori) Wink Congratulations, Midori! Looking forward to your reviews and overall thoughts on the series. Oh and the exclusive new OVA as well. XDDDDD

BTW, I saw what you had to say elsewhere. Now you truly understand.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Tue May 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Ooohh this show, this show. I wasn't turned off by Festival arc at all, in fact, quite the opposite. I'm so glad they went away from just fighting the "monsters of the day." It was definitely a wonderful plot turn.

What to even say about the last 2 discs? Everything was so intense, so dramatic, sometimes (a lot of times XD) incredibly sad... but it was SO good. Shizuru and Natsuki... the way their relationship developed and then just evaporating into each other's arms... they are an amazing couple and I can see why we have an entire site and forum dedicated to them XD I kinda don't even really know what to say that I haven't said before... all the fight scenes, the drama, the music, everything was just so awesome.

The last episode just made the entire arc of drama and tragedy and pain worth it. Seeing everyone come back, everyone alive, Mikoto being back to how Mikoto is, it was a great ending. I would have been okay if it ended in tragedy, many anime I like have, but I'm so happy with how things turned out.

As a whole, I really loved this series. Luu's definitely made a fan out of me XDD I can't wait to see Mai Otome.
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed May 12, 2010 9:01 pm

LOL! I'm so glad you enjoyed the series! ^___^ Knew you'd like it. Everyone I shared the series with ended up becoming huge fans. About what you said:

"I can see why we have an entire site and forum dedicated to them"

The forum was created for my love for the Mai series as a whole. The ShizNat website came first and the creation of that was inspired by Shizuru and Natsuki's success story. Yes, Shizuru kept things from Natsuki and caused so much pain. Yet, Natsuki found it in her heart to forgive her. If any couple, regardless of gender, were true for each other, they would do the same. Sadly, you witnessed the failure of a similar trial in real life. Luckily I found new happiness *swooon* and closure. It's all thanks to watching Shizuru and Natsuki succeed and still remain close. That was the spark I needed to create the website. It started as a celebration for ShizNat, which quickly evolved into a growing community. :D
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 am

-hugs chuuuuuuuuu- I love this place Luis!!! omg you have done a great service to Mai Hime fanbase. I got your text message last night just so you know. she is so stupid...besides you're way too good for her. you know that already...i'm just sayin....:3
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 18, 2010 12:54 pm

^_^ Thank you, Megan. I really appreciate that. Let it go though, I stopped caring about what happened for weeks now. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Mai HiME Episode Review/Discussions 63644616

Major bump for this thread, as I found a very over-the-top review for the Mai-HiME series.

Tanime's Anime Review #36 - Mai Hime

Not so much underrated as overlooked, girlie. Wink I enjoyed this review, it's nice to have more animae fans/Otaku bring it out in the open.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down