Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noir Discussion Thread!

+5
sarcastic-dog
GoldenSun13
emochick
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Noir Discussion Thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Noir Discussion Thread!

Post by franticfranz Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Oh, Noir! Another anime I like aside from HiME. ^_^
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 25, 2013 9:32 pm

franticfranz wrote:Oh, Noir! Another anime I like aside from HiME. ^_^

Nice to see another Noir fan around here! Who's your favorite character? Personally, mine's Mireille Bouquet! The Corsican princess~ And Altena is the best human villain ever!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
franticfranz wrote:Oh, Noir! Another anime I like aside from HiME. ^_^

Nice to see another Noir fan around here! Who's your favorite character? Personally, mine's Mireille Bouquet! The Corsican princess~ And Altena is the best human villain ever!

Mireille Bouquet, of course! Although, Kirika's a sweetie, I kinda got scared of her when entered that "True Noir" state. Would it be a different case if Mireille entered that state? I bet she'd be deadlier... :?
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 25, 2013 9:56 pm

franticfranz wrote:
Mireille Bouquet, of course! Although, Kirika's a sweetie, I kinda got scared of her when entered that "True Noir" state. Would it be a different case if Mireille entered that state? I bet she'd be deadlier... :?

YES! Fellow Mireille fan! high five

To be honest? Yes she would. Mireille is the better half of the true Noir, imo. She thinks, doesn't let her emotions get the best of her and most importantly - Mireille is the most HUMAN of the two. Mireille smiles, she laughs, she gets annoyed, she can talk to PEOPLE. Kirika and Chloe are introverted people who don't know anything beyond killing. It's tragic for them. :(
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Sat May 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
franticfranz wrote:

YES! Fellow Mireille fan! high five

To be honest? Yes she would. Mireille is the better half of the true Noir, imo. She thinks, doesn't let her emotions get the best of her and most importantly - Mireille is the most HUMAN of the two. Mireille smiles, she laughs, she gets annoyed, she can talk to PEOPLE. Kirika and Chloe are introverted people who don't know anything beyond killing. It's tragic for them. :(

Exactly. I like the way her character developed throughout the series. I re-watched Noir recently when I was done with Zwei. I enjoyed Noir, the story and the soundtrack of course. Kajiura-sama is such a genius. Remixing the old Requiem Mass with Dies Irae? That's just amazing. Mikoto Minagi
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Kirika was my favorite, though Chloe brought out the hintage of the show having yuri, by kissing kirika but even though kirika was hurt and turning toward the darkness her heart had mireille in it. little by little kirika helped changed mireille and accepted her, and did not hate Kirika in the end. Chloe wanted to be as dark as the kirika she saw as a child, and admired that killer and loved the creepy and sadistic nature she had, while mireille loved the one that was trying not to be that way.Shizuru Fujino 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:Kirika was my favorite, though Chloe brought out the hintage of the show having yuri, by kissing kirika but even though kirika was hurt and turning toward the darkness her heart had mireille in it. little by little kirika helped changed mireille and accepted her, and did not hate Kirika in the end. Chloe wanted to be as dark as the kirika she saw as a child, and admired that killer and loved the creepy and sadistic nature she had, while mireille loved the one that was trying not to be that way.Shizuru Fujino 
When Kirika
Spoiler:
Chloe's eyes light up like Christmas lights. That right there made me dislike Chloe a lot. Even at her age, I knew killing innocent people was wrong. It's no surprise that she grew up into a soulless murderer, made worse by Altena's teachings. She is a good character though, there's more to her than being a heartless killer like when she spent time with a client (General Reimann) before killing him. She even did him a favor by eliminating his rival who tried to kill him earlier. I thought that episode was very well written and shed a more human light on Chloe. Still, her black heart remains stronger than any dim light she may of shined.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I never liked Chloe so I didn't get sad when
Spoiler:

I've always thought of Mireiile and Kirika being the true Noir. And I was right when the two of them
Spoiler:
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
When Kirika
Spoiler:
Chloe's eyes light up like Christmas lights. That right there made me dislike Chloe a lot. Even at her age, I knew killing innocent people was wrong. It's no surprise that she grew up into a soulless murderer, made worse by Altena's teachings. She is a good character though, there's more to her than being a heartless killer like when she spent time with a client (General Reimann) before killing him. She even did him a favor by eliminating his rival who tried to kill him earlier. I thought that episode was very well written and shed a more human light on Chloe. Still, her black heart remains stronger than any dim light she may of shined.
Her only love was kirika, she cherished that fork. that episode with the general was done well, it shows she hept her promises but still took out her targets. she was corrpted by altena's teaching's. chloe even thought altena as a mother. when kirika was handed her beretta back by altena she slipped into a flashback and remembered it was her that wanted mireille's family dead.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:01 pm

franticfranz wrote:I never liked Chloe so I didn't get sad when
Spoiler:
Same here, Franny. Remember Shaoli? She was a cold blooded killer too (hence the nickname), but since Chloe is a terrible person, I felt sorry for Shaoli
Spoiler:
Shaoli may have turned against the Triads, but Chloe's rejection of her joining the Soldats proved they (Chloe and Altena) were beyond evil.

Kiros Razer wrote:Her only love was kirika, she cherished that fork. that episode with the general was done well, it shows she hept her promises but still took out her targets. she was corrpted by altena's teaching's. chloe even thought altena as a mother. when kirika was handed her beretta back by altena she slipped into a flashback and remembered it was her that wanted mireille's family dead.
XD THAT FORK, OMG! There's a lot I can say about the Moonlit Tea Party episode. Another well written episode that was very character driven. Again, I don't like Chloe, but it was brilliant how it was revealed that she never let her guard down throughout the entire "party". You can tell Mireille wanted to off her so badly. Meanwhile, Kirika's all calm and broke the ice by offering tea. XD Mireille was like "SERIOUSLY!?" LOL! Very funny, clever and ironic scene.

Very true, it was Altena that started everything. I don't deny that Chloe was merely a puppet in Altena's entire plan. However, Chloe never had a moment of redemption or sorrow for anyone she killed. That is what bothered me in the end; while Kirika DID hurt concerning the people she's killed in the past. In episode 26 during the confrontation with Altena, she says something along the lines of "So many people have died and for what!?"
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
XD THAT FORK, OMG! There's a lot I can say about the Moonlit Tea Party episode. Another well written episode that was very character driven. Again, I don't like Chloe, but it was brilliant how it was revealed that she never let her guard down throughout the entire "party". You can tell Mireille wanted to off her so badly. Meanwhile, Kirika's all calm and broke the ice by offering tea. XD Mireille was like "SERIOUSLY!?" LOL! Very funny, clever and ironic scene.

Very true, it was Altena that started everything. I don't deny that Chloe was merely a puppet in Altena's entire plan. However, Chloe never had a moment of redemption or sorrow for anyone she killed. That is what bothered me in the end; while Kirika DID hurt concerning the people she's killed in the past. In episode 26 during the confrontation with Altena, she says something along the lines of "So many people have died and for what!?"
Moonlit teaparty was awesome I loved that episode! Mireille and Chloe never really got along well. but in episode 25 when chloe got jealous threw the fork, kirika may of killed her with with the fork but at least chloe got her fork back. though it made kirika cry and mireille feel only bad kirika but not give a crap about chloe.

in 26 I liked how Altena died and Mireille saved Kirika it was touching.
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:18 pm

bump

NOIR IS GETTING A BLU RAY RELEASE THIS APRIL!!!!

Noir
Complete Series - Anime Classics Blu-ray

Includes: Eps 1 - 26
Rating: TV-14
Release Date: 4/14/2015

Noir Discussion Thread! - Page 2 Nor-0110

I'm so excited to announce that one of the greatest anime of all time (third on my list) is getting a Blu Ray release in April, thanks to FUNimation! Noir! The first and best in Studio Bee Train's "Girls with Guns" trilogy. Madlax and Cazador were good, but Noir's mystery, characters, development, writing and pacing make it a near flawless experience. One of the best I've ever witnessed.

It's only one of the last hand (cel) drawn anime before the shift into computer 2D animation. So I'm hoping the 1080p HD transfer is beyond stellar.

Preorder you copy of Noir here: Noir Complete Series - Anime Classics
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:06 pm

bump

Noir Discussion Thread! - Page 2 10362810

Well, well, well! It took a few months, but the body count adventures of Mireille Bouquet and Kirika Yuumura is now mine on glorious Blu Ray!

As I told FUNimation earlier, they did a nice job with the clean up. Wish I could give an example (no BLU drive in my computer /orz). It's such a smooth presentation compared to the grainy, now washed out DVDs from ADVFilms.

Wonderful set! Cannot wait to relive this masterpiece again. GRANDE CHIE
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bump

Noir Discussion Thread! - Page 2 10362810

Well, well, well! It took a few months, but the body count adventures of Mireille Bouquet and Kirika Yuumura is now mine on glorious Blu Ray!

As I told FUNimation earlier, they did a nice job with the clean up. Wish I could give an example (no BLU drive in my computer /orz). It's such a smooth presentation compared to the grainy, now washed out DVDs from ADVFilms.

Wonderful set! Cannot wait to relive this masterpiece again. GRANDE CHIE

That's nice Luu-san! :D
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 pm

franticfranz wrote:

Thank you! You'll want to grab a copy too, Franny. Nothing is better than HD Mireille, Kirika and Chloe doing the Moonlit Tea Party. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
franticfranz wrote:

Thank you! You'll want to grab a copy too, Franny. Nothing is better than HD Mireille, Kirika and Chloe doing the Moonlit Tea Party. Arika Yumemiya

Hopefully, I would. I'm still waiting for other stuff to arrive and of course budget. The voices are the same with the ADV DVD one, correct?
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 am

franticfranz wrote:
Hopefully, I would. I'm still waiting for other stuff to arrive and of course budget. The voices are the same with the ADV DVD one, correct?

Correct. FUNimation didn't touch the dub, which was a wise decision. I always said 'Noir' had the most flawless English dub in existence and it's true. It's the only time I prefer the dub over the Japanese original, and the Japanese original is great!

Shelley Calene-Black, Monica Rial, Hilary Haag and Tiffany Grant left behind a legacy that, hopefully, new audiences will notice when they watch Noir.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2