Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes

4 posters

Go down

Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes Empty Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes

Post by Midori Sugiura99 Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 pm

So Luu and I were watching volume 3 last night (which I will give my review on in the near future) and I happened to notice something during a scene with Miyu and Alyssa.

The Bandai subs said this:
Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes 00005q94

And while just saying you isn't wrong or anything, I distinctly hear Miyu call Alyssa "oujo-sama" or princess... yet there was no mention of the reference in any of the Bandai subs.

Luu also confirmed that the "princess" was ignored in the fansub too:
Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes 00006krh

Is it just me, or is Miyu calling her princess something that should have been included in the subtitles? Its seem like kinda an important part to me!

So, discuss! Also point out any other translation booboos you might have noticed throughout your viewings!
Midori Sugiura99
Midori Sugiura99
Asami Hikaru aka Komu
Asami Hikaru aka Komu

Bubuzuke points : 4714
Armitage GUTS!!! : 913

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun May 02, 2010 11:22 am

I mean, it's not a big deal...but I'm more disappointed in the original fansubs. XD Considering how fansubbers like to be accurate and all.

We haven't reached this far, but here's Bandai boo boo that I featured on L.T.A.:

(WARNING! Only for those that finished the entire series! So exit now if you haven't yet!)
http://shiznat.webs.com/subtitledubdifferences.htm

The whole conversation between Natsuki and Shizuru in Episode 25 is altered some. What really pissed me off is Bandai using the term "flattered" as Natsuki's response to Shizuru's affections. The original subtitles said "I'm happy that you loved me". Razz The Bandai term can definitely stick to the crowd who feels Natsuki and Shizuru's relationship was ambiguous, but we know better. 8)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes Empty Re: Mai-HiME/Otome Translation Mistakes

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 am

-ACK!!!- This is why I nu like subbed done by big name companies. fansubs ftw!!!
Kawaii Alyssa-chan -evil grin- tho she wanted to kill Nao-sama...-glare-
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 10, 2010 2:16 am

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:-ACK!!!- This is why I nu like subbed done by big name companies. fansubs ftw!!!
Kawaii Alyssa-chan -evil grin- tho she wanted to kill Nao-sama...-glare-

Yeah, the original fansubs are better. Only reason why I watch the Bandai release is because of the superior picture quality. XD

;P Alyssa wanted to kill all the HiME and would of succeeded if it weren't for Mary Sue Mai. :lol: j/k.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiderNeKoHiME Mon May 10, 2010 8:03 am

Artemis blast make hime go boom boom boom! Nuuuu Nao! kagutsuchi took a shot at point blank...:0
SpiderNeKoHiME
SpiderNeKoHiME
Spider Queen
Spider Queen

Bubuzuke points : 1353
Armitage GUTS!!! : 278

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon May 10, 2010 8:17 pm

SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:kagutsuchi took a shot at point blank...:0 [/color]

Which was impressive I might add, although Kagutsuchi is conveniently the strongest Child. Next to Kiyohime anyway. :twisted:
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Tue May 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Luu wrote:
SpiderNeKoHiME wrote:kagutsuchi took a shot at point blank...:0

Which was impressive I might add, although Kagutsuchi is conveniently the strongest Child. Next to Kiyohime anyway. :twisted:
Agreed! (Even it's Off-Topic again ;P) I know this douji, where Mikoto defeats Shizuru (so Kiyohime) and just thought "This can't be" >.< Anyway Kagu is the strongest ;3

@ Topic (XD)
I haven't a real idea about the Bandai-subs, but I can tell that the subs by Beez (who published the German DVDs and did the dubs, too) aren't better than the German dub D: From wrong spelling (and wrong grammar ~.~) through just translation mistakes...
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue May 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Mikoto defeating Kiyohime? Doesn't sound too far fetched. Was she under the Obsidian Lord's control again? That explains why. ^_^

Ok, I want to see the German subs by Beez. Should be entertaining! I'm a lazy Luu, so if you please, Kino-chan... I love you
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down