Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Anime/Manga titles?

+31
she-ga-roo
Sergay Tate
depression76
Veronica-Searrs
SpiralDasher
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Defiant
TeaLover
cecirdr
Chaglette
Amaya
Chibi Rachy
GhibliFreek
The Fire Stirring Ruby
ookamidesu
Konaxookami
Natsuki
Kyubey Mittens
AtlantisLux
Shindu-S
Inu-Yasha vs. Sephiroth
Hohoemu
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
denerop
Yuna
Kicchu
Kino karutta-chan
Midori Sugiura99
emochick
LilPrincessAshley
Luu Sky Sapphire
35 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Favorite Anime/Manga titles? - Page 6 Empty Re: Favorite Anime/Manga titles?

Post by Chibi Rachy Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:15 pm

cecirdr wrote:Simoun - epic...totally epic

I totally <3 you for this!
Chibi Rachy
Chibi Rachy
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic
Sibylla Aurea of Simoun Fanfic

Bubuzuke points : 479
Armitage GUTS!!! : 174

http://chibirachy.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:54 am

@ cecirdr
I think you are the first person I met who knows Kurau! Which I still don't get, because it's not a bad anime ;/ Christmas ftw.! X3
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Chibi Rachy wrote:
cecirdr wrote:Simoun - epic...totally epic

I totally <3 you for this!

Make that double. <3

Can someone tell me what Kurau is about? I rather not wiki it, so cliche.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cecirdr Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Can someone tell me what Kurau is about? I rather not wiki it, so cliche.

Kurau is a scifi anime, but I'd have to say that like the bee train girls with guns trio, it's very heavy on character development. The story begins when Kurau is 12 years old and for her birthday present her father takes her to visit where he works. As a result of a freak incident, alien energy forms bombard the facility and one of the entities merges with Kurau. The alien energy is called a Rynax and their way of existence is as a pair.

The main part of the story unfolds 10 years later with Kurau is 22 years old. The Rynax has given her special powers; great strength, the ability to levitate and fly on an energy field and phase through matter. As can be expected, "international organizations", governments etc are *very* interested in the capabilities of the Rynax. She is trying to stay in hiding from these agencies, and she works as a secret agent or as "muscle for hire".

I found the animation style to be stellar and the design of the moon base looked awesome. I *loved* the unique way the characters looked too. FWIW, my avatar is Kurau.

I don't want to say much more so I don't spoil anything. But I found the first 18 episodes to be one of the best things I've seen in anime. ....amazing action scenes, tender scenes, great emotional moments that seem to emphasize the importance of family. The anime gave me a real ohana sort of feeling...that family weren't just blood related, the bond is much more inclusive than that.

A closing arc opens up at episode 19 (if I'm remembering right) so the story used to wrap up the series is different from what's was seen so far. In my opinion episodes 19-24 are weaker than the rest of the series because they seem more contrived. It's as if the ending was decided on and the writers had to figure out a way really quickly to get the story to that point. They set up an ending that frankly, I was disappointed in. I think I'm in the minority with this opinion though. Many people actually liked it. Perhaps it fell flat to me because I saw character inconsistency in the last episode that seemed to contradict what I'd seen in the entire rest of the story....probably due to marathoning the series, these traits stood out more than they would have if I'd just watched weekly episodes.

Nevertheless, I'd still highly recommend watching the show. The primary plot is outstanding,

cecirdr
cecirdr
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 40
Armitage GUTS!!! : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by TeaLover Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 am

HunterXHunter
Digimon Adventure
Slamdunk
Samurai X
Yu-Gi-Oh! ( surprise eh? i even play them and compete with my friends)

all of them are old anime , i didn't really watch new anime nowadays.
TeaLover
TeaLover
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 49
Armitage GUTS!!! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Defiant Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Neon Genesis Evangelion - thats my number one, I doubt that I will ever see anime that could replace it in my list :)

Ghost in the Shell - its not just anime for me, this is a much, much more since I study Cybernetics :)

Fafner -its kinda clone of NGE but I dont mind, it has its own aspects and I liked it.

Naruto -its in my favourite list because it was the first anime series that I watched (and later read), but nowadays it doesnt seem that good compared to other things I saw.

Full Metal Panic! -one of the best (or the funiest )Mecha there is.

From others for example a lot of Gundams (the last one -00 was probably the best), FLCL (that is an ultimate craziness in all aspects :) ), Eureka seveN (I could describe it with one word - freeride :) ), Fate/Stay Night, Inuyasha, Ergo Proxy and several other things (I am just too lazy to write all of them)...

and of course Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome series, but I think that it´s pointless to mention it, cuzzz everybody here loves it :)
Defiant
Defiant
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 348
Armitage GUTS!!! : 83

http://www.postavy.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Oh, now why didn't I catch this?! @_@

Anyways, except the first two, everything else is out of order:

1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: My numero uno. Hell, my screen and pen name is named after the series. And my personality is eerily like Haruhi's, but sometimes I can be a little like Nagato. @_@

2) Sailor Moon: Always been a fan favorite of mine next to Haruhi, but this one stems back to my childhood and preteen days. Awesome and colorful cast of characters, fun story, great fights, good romance, hilarious humor, and epic final battles. It was also a personal life changer for me (turned me away from hanging with the wrong crowds and once being in a school gang. I became a better and productive individual because of it. I owe a lot to it). Still enjoy this wonderful series. ^_^ X3

3) Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood: Just one of my personal favorites, and just one of the very few shounen-esque titles I can take.

4) Cardcaptor Sakura: Like SM, this is something I grew up on watching. Very cute, but very good story and endearing characters.

5) Revolutionary Girl Utena: I didn't watch this until much later in college. Excellent story, great characters, and wonderful score! I'm convincing my fanfic buddy to watch it.

6) Magic Knight Rayearth: I love the concept of magical girls in armors. Good characters and neat action sequences. ^_^

7) Soul Eater: Another personal favorite. The first half of my screen name is named after this series. I do like the wacky character designs (remind me of Tim Burton's style somewhat) and the characters themselves are fun.

8 ) Dragonball/Z/Kai: Another series I've enjoyed since my preteens, but I didn't start watching until I got cable. Intense and epic fights, a well likeable cast imo, and just plain fun and light-hearted. I enjoy all, but not fond of GT. I do prefer Kai over Z for pacing reasons and a better dub. The series is not the greatest, but I still enjoy and prefer it over today's overhyped mainstream shonen stuff.

9) Rurouni Kenshin: I am sucker for swords and do love Japanese history. Combine those two elements, plus a side of romance and tragedy and Kenshin is tailor made for me. X3

10) Fushigi Yuugi: Great story and love the characters. I think the manga is better, but the anime is still very enjoyable.

Other notable favorites: Digimon (Adventure, Tamers, Xros Wars), The Slayers, YuYu Hakusho, Inuyasha, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Fruits Basket, Cowboy Bebop, Claymore, FLCL, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Yu-Gi-Oh , Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Gundams (Wing, G), and a few other titles. Yeah, that's all I'm listing. I didn't list My-Hime, cause this is supposed to be a non-Hime related list.

Yep, yep, a nice mix of old and new school, but I lean toward the OGs. :D
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 am

Haruhi sure has damn good taste. :) Three out of my five greatest/favorite anime/manga series of all time are in your top ten. Sailor Moon, Fushigi Yuugi and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

On the subject of Soul Eater, we don't have a thread for it (would you like the honors?), but we could use one since I'm rewatching the series.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 am

Princess Resurrection/Kaibutsu Oujo/Monster Princess (Yes, it has three names.) - manga
Mirai Nikki/Future Diary
Bakemonotagari
Best Student Council/Gokujoo Seitokai
Saki
Black Lagoon
Hellsing - OVAs and manga
Yakitate!! Japan
Hetalia - anime
Mai Hime - anime
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
xxxHolic
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:05 pm

-Mai-HiME/Otome
-Steins; Gate
-Shaman King
-Enigma
-Elfen Lied
-Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai
-Hikaru no Go
-Detective Conan
-Yu-Gi-Oh/ Gx / Zexal
-Usagi Drop
-Soul Eater
-Rosarie + Vampire
-Ranma ½
-Digimon
-Magic Knight Rayearth
-InuYasha
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 am

You wouldn't happen to have a link to see the entire series of Steins; Gate? :) I'm lazeh.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 am

Memorable titles that has given me loads of inspirations:

Sailor Moon - I grew up with this, ever since I was a wee kid and knows how to turn on the television. This series too was the first series that's gotten me inspired enough to actually write something.

Ranma 1/2 - Grew up with this too. Love the concept, of both martial arts and comedy and of course the complex love story. It got me into martial arts.

Tekken Chinmi - Same reason as the above, probably the first martial arts manga I've ever read. Awesome plot, story telling, characterization and of course, the combat scenes.

Magic Knight Rayearth - My fav anime and manga ever, if I can say. The series that's close to my heart. I owe MKR a lot growing up, that I can't even list it from the top of my head. The concept of magical girls, weaponry, mechas...this series jump started my imagination alright. Love ittttt!!

Rurouni Kenshin a.k.a Samurai X - Of course, the one that got me learning Kendo. I love its historical setting, though some are made up, the complex combat and fighting scenes, the comedy...everything. It's a masterpiece.

Ayashi no Ceres - A story telling of an old folklore brought into the modern world. I don't know what I love about it, but I love this series so much. The music, the plot...the characters...Yuu Watase really outdid herself here.

Vandread - Probably the first mecha anime I've watched. I like how it's a comedic series, and yet it has morals in it. Lessons about perseverance, the meaning of life...aside from the awesome graphics and all the humors. Some of the big name seiyuus started their career here.

X Clamp - One of CLAMP's best work. Intricate plot, great art, gritty story, and so much morals. I wish they'd continue it though...ugh.

Dual! Parallel World Adventure - Awesome mecha, great plot, great characters...and realistic? something like that. It's one of the old classics, definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

R.O.D the TV and OVA - Librarians kicks ass. Shikigami. Books. GREAT ACTION SCENES. John Woo!

Juubei-chan, the ninja girl - Yagyuu Jubei got reincarnated as a girl with a heart shaped eyepatch. Please watch, it's awesome!

Get Backers - It's one of those mangas that's stuck with me growing up and it affected my taste. It has great fighting scenes and doubled with some sci-fi background, GB became one of the most epic manga out there. The anime did it no justice, really.

B Gata H Kei - Frikkin funny! The anime delivers epic jokes with witty punchlines and catchy songs. Its ecchi, but darn I can't stop watching!

Beyblade - I....I don't know why I like it so much....it's so good >_<

Pokemon Love the game, and then grew to love the anime. Misty left, I rioted, and I ditch the anime and only played the game.

Beck - fuck the anime, the manga kicks ass! It tells you the ups and downs of being in a band and struggling in the music industry. It tells you how harsh life can be, and how determination, great friends and good connection can bring you far. Great art too, and some awesome comedy...it got me learning how to play drums.

Digimon - One of the old classics. Love the stories, and I grew up with it. I don't play the game though, only watch the anime. Digimon Adventures rule.

Yu Gi Oh - Epic card game! and legendary figures! Ancient egypt! Everything I love thrown into one became this!

Carried by the Wind a.k.a Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran - The story of a wandering female samurai back in the old days. Female samurai! How often do we get that? Great fighting scenes, and some comedy with a dash of yuri. haha. xDD

Detective Conan (manga) - This manga would be even more epic if it didn't keep dragging off. Give the answer already, how would Shinichi return back to normal?? ;_____;

Flame of Recca - First ninja-related manga I've read. awesome action/fighting scenes, the fantastic plot and stories and the great artwork. Anzai Nobuyuki's best work in my opinion.

Full Metal Panic - It's awesome. Really. I can't explain it well, but this is one of the rare animes that I watch that has guns + bombs + grenades in it....oh, and the huge ass mecha of course.

Great Teacher Onizuka - Being an ex gangster teacher has never been more cool. Onizuka puts forward the realistic problems of the japanese youth nowadays in a great story telling. I found myself crying when reading it, its that great.

K-On! - It's music related, has great music, and funny? Love it, and fund it I say.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - New generation of magical girls-- They use CANNONS! the hint of yuri that's all over the place did it to me too. Oh, and the awesome seiyuus.

Maria Sama ga Miteru - Wow, probably the only slow paced anime I watch. It's got no fighting scene, but the story was just...wow.

Rave Master - I like the humor and the fighting scenes here. The author outdid himself with so many things in this manga, creating new powers and such that's never been heard before in the anime/manga world. Ever heard of metal manipulation? if yes, then it all started from this manga.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - Vampires suck nowadays, that's why the only vampire-related anime/manga I watch is this. Type/Moon makes those blood suckers amazing and the depth of the background story was just...marvelous.

Tokkyuu!! - to quote suimasen scans

The story of a thickheaded young man as he does everything in his power to learn how to become the best rescue diver there ever was. It’s like Pokemon, except with saving lives instead of catching them all.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You wouldn't happen to have a link to see the entire series of Steins; Gate? :) I'm lazeh.

It's still airing, trying looking on animeseason.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 437
Armitage GUTS!!! : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:43 am

Maria Sama ga Miteru

Maria Sama ga Miteru or simply "Maria-sama"; is for the patient yuri fan. :) There's a more sophisticated feel with the series; that I actually prefer is over Strawberry Panic.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Maria Sama ga Miteru

Maria Sama ga Miteru or simply "Maria-sama"; is for the patient yuri fan. :) There's a more sophisticated feel with the series; that I actually prefer is over Strawberry Panic.

I agree...Marimite is very slow paced, I mean, an event happening in one day can take up to 3 episodes! It's really good nonetheless xDD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:34 pm

depression76 wrote:I agree...Marimite is very slow paced, I mean, an event happening in one day can take up to 3 episodes! It's really good nonetheless xDD

Just like Dragon Ball Z! :lol: Again, I don't mind the slow paced storyline when it's playing Strawberry Panic's opposite. Plus, there's one thing SP! will never top and that's Sachiko Ogasawara!

<3_<3

Favorite Anime/Manga titles? - Page 6 8877010

Favorite Anime/Manga titles? - Page 6 Aloofi10
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:19 am

my favourites, apart from Mai HiME and Mai Otome are definitely

Love Hina
School Rumble (even though i haven't finished the first season yet, but it's still funny)
Beyblade (first season, didn't watch more than that)
Pokémon (the first season, the rest got stupid)
Azumanga Daioh
Fruits Basket
Dragonball Z
Onegai Teacher
and i'm gonna chuck Midori Days in here, i can't remember much of it but what i can remember it was rather good.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Bubuzuke points : 5920
Armitage GUTS!!! : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:14 am

Midori Days was a pretty good romantic comedy. It's just that the ending suffers from what looks to be a personality reset with Midori otherwise it's rather solid.
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Midori Days is a fun watch, although I had to pretty much accept the concept of Midori Puppet. It's not exactly a "Sulaco-Egg" on the part of this series since it makes sense.

The ending I did not like. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 am

Kyubey Mittens wrote:Midori Days was a pretty good romantic comedy. It's just that the ending suffers from what looks to be a personality reset with Midori otherwise it's rather solid.
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Midori Days is a fun watch, although I had to pretty much accept the concept of Midori Puppet. It's not exactly a "Sulaco-Egg" on the part of this series since it makes sense.

The ending I did not like. ^^;

yeah i agree, the ending could have been better. but overall it was a pretty good watch. the whole thing of the Midori Puppet was retarded, but once you accept that she's there it's all good lol.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Favorite Anime/Manga titles? - Page 6 Empty fav Anime

Post by roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 am

wat your fav Anime of all time
mine is fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 1905
Armitage GUTS!!! : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 pm

roxas <3 Arika Yumemiya's fav Anime thread is now merged with Favorite Anime/Manga titles?

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:29 pm

currently my fave manga is blade of the immortal

fave anime: mai hime! ^^
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Sergay Tate Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 am

well i've only read the Love Hina manga and the Mai HiME mangas... well i've read a couple of WoW mangas but meh.

out of the 2, Love Hina manga was better. don't get me wrong, i loved the Mai HiME manga aswell (i know alot of people don't, but i do Razz) but the Love Hina manga was just amazing! i got drawn in to it so much!! i loved every second, and it sucked me in enough for me to get emotional about it :S lol.
Sergay Tate
Sergay Tate
Cat Goddess
Cat Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyubey Mittens Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:07 pm

I've watched a lot more shows since this time so I'm going to repost my new list.

Anime
Princess Tutu
Maison Ikkoku
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei(As a whole)
Spice and Wolf
Seto no Hanayome
Simoun
Gunbuster
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
The Slayers
Yu Yu Hakusho
Urusei Yatsura
Ranma 1/2
Angelic Layer
Bakemonogatari
Time of Eve
Kiddy Grade
RahXephon
Sailor Moon
School Rumble
Tokimeki Tonight

(I could go on but I think this is enough)

Manga
Kuragehime
Angel Densetsu
The World Only God Knows
Comic Party
Kare Kano
Kyubey Mittens
Kyubey Mittens
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next