Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread!

3 posters

Go down

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Empty Citrus Anime Discussion thread!

Post by franticfranz Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I started a topic. Now that 2018 is upon us, I have come to watch the first episode of Citrus.

Yep, after nearly 6 years, it finally got an anime adaptation. This is just me, but the first episode is such a WINNER.

Here are my favorite moments:

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Yuzu_m10
Part of the opening theme.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Yuzu_m11
Yuzu and Himeko. Btw, Shikaco (Hanayo's seiyuu) is really awesome!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Harumi10
Harumin~!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Yuzu_m12

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Yuzu_m13

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Yuzu_110

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Mei_210

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Mei_310

Confiscated! xD

I'll post the rest of my favorite moments later on. I need to get a snooze. xD
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Empty Re: Citrus Anime Discussion thread!

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna10

QUICK RANT! (a good rant)

I'm happy that Franny made this thread because we're experiencing another yuri drought of sorts. Prime Time American television's gay and lesbian characters aren't the same as those you'd find in Yuri anime. A lot of them are passionless and don;t last long due to what you'd call "Queer Baiting". A clever, but underhanded technique to lure the "minority" into your show. Buffy The Vampire Slayer famously did this with Tara and Willow, but we're seeing it more often nowadays! Strange, considering the diversity quota seems to be met lately with LGBT being more accepted and normalized on television. Yet, somehow, most fan favorite gay couples on television play this game of "are they, or aren't they?" I don't think the writers and creators behind those shows know themselves. That is why I was happy to hear that Saburouta's Citrus manga would become an anime series. Morinaga Milk's Girl Friends never happened, despite all the rumors, so I understandably thought Citrus would just be wishful thinking. I couldn't be more happy being wrong! The Citrus anime is great so far, and it's everything I wanted it to be. Yuzu Aihara and Mei hit it off from the beginning on episode 1. No slow subtext build up, or having to wait two seasons for one of them to realize she can feel for another woman. Like Hachiru and Michiru from Sailor Moon, and Shizuru and Natsuki from Mai-HiME before them, we get the blossoming yuri right from the start. We get an exploration of feelings from Yuzu's perspective.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna11
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna23
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna21

^ It's hilarious hearing the signature LINE Friends notification sound, only under a different name! Hahahaha! Only I don't think sun dude is as cute as Brown.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna22

^ Harumin's boobs are the perfect mobile holder!  laugh From the start, we like Harumin. Remember, I'm going about this as someone who didn't read the manga (which I did, but for the sake of spoilers, I'm going to act none the wiser...), and Harumin provides a good friendship and comic relief for one-half of our title characters.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna24

^ Yuzu herself is a likable character. She may seem brash, loud and annoying to the first time viewer. I see her as someone who owns who she is, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. To dress differently at the university is ballsy, and conveys to us how awesome she is. She's also clever beyond her years, as you can see below. That's an opportunist who knows how to play her cards right (upon hearing that her new grandpappy)

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna27
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna38
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna40
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna45

^ Then you have Mei, who unleashes an air of mystery around her. Her poker face and few words are meant to spark interest in Yuzu and the audience. From the beginning, it works! Other than being student council Kaichou, and other small details, we don't know what's swimming around in her head half the time. When she forces herself upon Yuzu, that is also the result of issues quite subterranean. Mei can be even more frustrating to viewers for not expressing herself. We know what kind of person Yuzu is from the get-go. With Mei, it takes time. She's not an open book, but through Yuzu, that will change. Mei is beautiful, but there is a lot of ugliness inside that she wrestles with. Only Yuzu can change all that, as you'll soon see.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna46
Yuri is everywhere~ Acknowledged and accepted in this scene!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna47

^ Yuzu leading her own #MeToo movement! Now you understand why I love this character? Underneath her rude and often reckless behavior (in certain situations), she is a powerful young woman with a heart of gold.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna41
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna39
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna42

^ This scene brought all my feels to the table. blush

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna44
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna43

^ Always count on Harumin to have your back, girlfriend!  high five

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna48

^ So it begins! The moment you feel new emotions for someone, it can either end up good, or bad. But as someone who loves romance in his shows, this scene made me grin like an idiot. It shows that Yuzu is a human being who has blood pumping through her veins! The idea of her and Mei sparks a path of possible love.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna49

2018 is definitely the year of Citrus. 6 years was a long time to wait, if you were like Franticfranz and I, who expected a quick anime adaptation soon after the manga's first publication. Both episode 1 and 2 were winners for me! I'd love to read your thoughts on episode 2, Franny!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:19 pm

bump

Still waiting on Episode 4 to give my overall thoughts (I'm doing my reviews in groups of two episodes), but you can read what our moderator, ookamidesu, thought! Here's a preview:

---
Zhang :
And we are back with the third episode of Citrus! Right after Yuzu realizes and pinpoints the feelings she has for her little step-sister, she finds it somewhat difficult to deal with.

The episode definitely has its highs and lows, most of it instigated by Mei. She keeps giving Yuzu conflicting vibes. And Yuzu, who is not too well-versed in thinking too deeply into things, just keeps missing her cues.

Firstly, we have this attempt where Mei tries to play at this family game:

---

Maybe I'm wrong, Dye, but you are definitely a bigger fan of Mei than I am. In turn, I seem to like Yuzu a lot more than you do!

Read the rest of Dye's review on Citrus Episode 3 by clicking below:

https://jnz5012.wordpress.com/2018/01/24/anime-episode-review-citrus-03/
ookamidesu reviews Citrus Episode III
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:42 am

Luu Sky Sapphire reviews Citrus Episode 3 and Episode 4

Citrus Episodes 3 and 4 are the most disappointing things since Trump's state of the union. What kind of an intro is that, you say? Well, shit, it was clearly a poor attempt at humor (so says my Far-Right members...). Luckily for you, and the rest of the planet; something a lot more valuable to our country (not to mention a lot more entertaining) took place this month: YUZU'S SEXUAL FRUSTRATION! Can one truly call it love? Thing is with yuri, love always begins with a single glance or quick physical contact. Mei-Mei shot herself in the foot by ribbing Yuzu with a gag kiss. Now she can't get rid of her-AND I'M PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH THAT! But again, is it authentic love? The kind you have for someone you barely know, but because your young passions of youth are raging, you're 100% sure she is THE one. Where's Sister Yukariko when you need her? This anime is a homosexual nightmare! :'3

Yukariko : Lord, please shower away the lust these young girls feels.

Says the woman who had quintuplets with a creepy sex pervert.

GRANDE CHIE : You mean James Franco?

IF CHIE HARADA, THE QUEEN OF GOSSIP SAYS IT, IT MUST BE TRUE!!!!

Citrus Episode III

We pick up with Yuzu's BFF, Harumin, attempting to get some answers. Though clearly Yuzucchi has her sights set on the prize. So this is love? There's only one way to find out!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna13
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna51

As it turned out, Mei's grandfather dropped like a sack of potatoes, causing Yuzu to seek medical attention for him. Mei arrives and is relieved that he is doing fine, and that he was generous enough to lift the expulsion on Yuzu. At one point, a nurse at the hospital tells Mei that Yuzu was kind enough to save the old man's life. This sort of pleases Mei, although you can't really tell due to her famous poker face. Yuzu does care about others, as proven in the first two episodes, so it should come as no surprise to Mei. But things have been awkward between the two...

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna12

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna15
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna52
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna53

In her own way of rewarding Yuzu for her kindness, Mei grants her permission to call her by her first name. I LOVE how Ayana Taketatsu says "Mei". "MMMMAY". So damn adorable!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna14

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna54
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna55
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna16
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna56

Upon returning home, Mama Ume is happy to have Mei back. There's a cute scene involving Yuzu stitching Mei's bear plush and naming it "Ansoniko". Yuzucchi even provides the voice for Ansoniko! These little moments add so much squee that I'm unable to process anything. Yuzu and Mei turn my brain into mush half the time.  

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna57
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna17
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna58
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna18

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna59

There's only so much one can learn from a yuri manga! Harumin seems more interested at this point than Yuzu! Haha! This is why I occasionally ship them together. Also, the idea of Yuzu getting ideas from Peach Sisters was so appealing, that it dragged Harumin away from  OurMovie (where that imbecilic toad Logan Paul is strictly forbidden to access). Yuzu is right about one thing, she doesn't know Mei on a personal level. Can you blame her? Mei is not an open book, and she left Yuzu processing so much, she's short circuiting from sexual frustration.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna60

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna62
omg  TO DO WHAT EXACTLY, UME-SAN?!  omg
She's making this way harder for Yuzu! Perhaps not...maybe it's just easy pickings....

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna19
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna61

Dig up that beaten dead horse called the Ice Bucket Challenge. Yuzucchi needs it.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna63
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna20
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna22
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna21

So many implications here (that wonderful subtle hint at the smell and taste of fish). Yuzu is just out of control with her emotions! Her desire is so strong, it's amazing that she is able to control it just enough to get through dinner.  Yuzu is surprised by Mei taking this expanded bed business like it's no big deal. She sees this as an opportunity to touch her, just to get it out of her system...

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna64
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna65
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna23
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna24

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna67

Mei is sharp, and makes it clear that they're not going to happen. Ouch! To be told your crush has zero interest in you. It gets worse...Mei goes in for the kiss and plays Yuzu for a fool again. Oh, don't worry. This isn't over by a long shot!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna68
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna66
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna25

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna27

You gotta love Harumin. <3 Even if she shamelessly makes it crystal clear that her large breasts sweat easily. >:'3 They would, wouldn't they?!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna28
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna29
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna70
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna26

A taste of your own medicine, Mei-chan. Only this one is more of a cheap shot in your view because...GASP...it had feeling! CONVICTION, EVEN! Like some random person said on some blog:

Copyrighted Chinese Woman from some Blog of the Mind wrote:This time, Yuzu takes action and initiates a kiss. A bit of a forceful one, at that. But this just goes to show that Yuzu is an emotional specimen. Even if she tries, she is not as capable of keeping her feelings in check the same way Mei can. She is more impulsive and prone to do what feels right in the moment, rather than think it through.

That's Yuzu's strength for me. To feel, not think, is a healthy sign in any human being. I mentioned in my previous review that we like Yuzu because she is relatable as a young person in love, with blood pumping through her veins whenever Mei enters her mind and line of sight. Mei overthinks, and perhaps plots out her next move with destructive results. A lot of people don't want a kiss from someone who didn't mean it. Throughout this entire episode, Yuzu never achieved a state of calm due to racing thoughts concerning Mei. As a result, she felt she needed to take action the same way Mei did with her. Only this time, Yuzu did put effort and affection into that kiss. With the discovery of the Peach Sisters manga, Mei can now see that Yuzu is taking her quite seriously.

Citrus Episode IV

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna30
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna69

Why not, Yuzucchi? You did what you felt deep down inside, and there's no regrets about it! Blss Harumin for being so supportive during Yuzu's times of girl crisis...which seem to happen frequently. haha!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna31
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna71

OH, NO! WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE?! WHAT COULD THIS FEELING BE?!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna73

Thank you, Emma Roberts and JoJo.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna72
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna74
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna75
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna32
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna76
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna77
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna78

This part of the episode is highly crucial. Vice President Momokino Himeko (let's just call her Curls for the sake of this and all reviews to come. Because no one comes up with better nicknames than Yuzucchi....unless your name is Harumin)  chases Yuzu to question why she was meeting with Mei-Mei in secret. Keep in mind that Curls did not witness the big dramatic ending to episode 3, but seeing how she smells something fishy (...), she needed to know. It's the Student Council way! Ask Haruka Suzushiro about butting into lesbian business!

Curls graciously invites Yuzu to talk about what had happened at her swell restaurant joint. Curls, you are FILTHY RICH. And like all privileged folk, she's up to no good. Yuzu suggests that Curls looks into the matter herself by asking Mei directly (um...yeah?). Curls then digs into her backstory and past on how she was childhood friends with a much happier Mei. This was before her father left her, and it really does makes you think. One traumatic moment in a young girl's life can mold her into something completely different. Whether she becomes stronger or not depends on the person. With Mei, it seems like she has little to no reason to talk to anyone. Actually, let me correct myself: Little to no reason to talk about herself. This is where the closed off poker faced girl was born.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna34
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna80

Wait for it!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna79

Ahhhh~  blush

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna81
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna82

You okay there, Curls? Did you not know they were sisters now? Gee, I guess that puts an end to your nosy plans...(I wish). On the contrary, what happens next shows that Yuzu will need to try harder. Tragic, considering how easy it is to molest Mei. This is a young woman who doesn't push away someone taking advantage of her body. The affection from Yuzu, however, is genuine.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna84

^ Yuzu's over the top freak out shrieking here had me dying.

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna35
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna85
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna86

NO! NO!!! BAD, CURLS!!!! GET AWAY FROM MEI-MEI RIGHT THIS SECOND! That right there is why Mei, while pretty and a good person deep down, often angers me. Curls forces herself upon Mei in order to secure her from everyone. Especially Yuzu. It was uncomfortable to watch, not so Curls being a creepy seductress, rather Mei just allowing it to happen. Later on, Curls meets with Yuzu in secret to tell her that she has crossed the line with Mei. That she somewhat knows about the feelings Yuzu has for her. Yuzu brings it up later on, but Mei responds that it's not any of her business. For the first time, Yuzu feels she is in a state of jealousy. Why keep this secret from her? And why Curls all of a sudden? YOU'RE LEAVING ME WITH JUST AS MUCH ANXIETY AS YUZU, SHOW!!!

Overall, I enjoyed both episodes. We examine Yuzu as she deals with her uncontrollable-YET HONEST AND TRUE emotions! Despite Mei seeing Yuzu in a slightly more positive light, her lack of action is just as hair ripping as it was in the manga. Then you have Curls, who is the first major obstacle for our lead couple. The less said about her, the better. The childhood friend thing only works if both parties aren't manipulative psychos. Granted, Mei can be a tad manipulative, but you understand her motivations. Curls is just being a possessive freak running on bitch fumes. Cheer on Yuzucchi to be successful in the long run!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:53 pm

bump

OMG, I'M SO LATE! HERE'S MY QUICK CATCH UP ON EPISODES 6 THROUGH 8!!!

Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna90
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna89
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna36
Citrus Anime Discussion thread! Vlcsna91

Father drama. Yuzu slaps Mei for sexual mind games. Yuzu tries to connect with step father. Harumin helps Yuzu finds Mei. Harumin selfies with Yuzu. Yuzu helps Mei get to her father before leaving, so she can get a farewell in. Matsuri appears. #InHaruminWeTrust GRANDE CHIE

Mei tells Yuzu that the kiss meant nothing. House of the Dead reference (which Matsuri excelsat). My brain flat-lined when Matsuri mentions sending fake pics for masturbating 4chan perverts. Mei is touched that Yuzu has been improving her exam scores, which in turn will keep her at school.

Mei becoming jealous of Matsuri was adorable (she spotted Yuzu and Matsuri "kissing" WHY DO YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN, YUZU?! You're TOO damn submissive like Mei says!!!). Also, I'm laughing at the online reactions to Matsuri. Believe me! You'll end up loving Matsuri eventually (well at least i did after reading the manga)...

When anxiety rises, Mei tickles bear paws. :3 AND DON'T WORRY, HARUMIN! SHE'S FINE! REALLY! BUT OMG YOU ARE SUCH AN AWESOME FRIEND!!!!!!!!!

THE MEI AND MATSURI RIVALRY BEGINS! Matsuri looks at yuri manga. Mei pulls a fast one on Matsuri by kissing her in order to take back the kiss she took from Yuzu. Unfortunately, Matsuri planned a fast one of her own! We get a tad of backstory on how Yuzu and Matsuri first met. When it comes to someone you love, it's always best to walk home!

THERE'S ALWAYS TIME TO BE HARUMIN'S COMEDY PARTNER, YUZUCCHI! ;A; Don't say such hurtful things, please~ I love how Harumin goes ahead and drops the fake mustache in the shopping basket, haha!

My full review of Citrus Episode 9 will have more detail! Coming soon, so pray that I get time to write it all! And pray that we don't see the anime version of Chapter 36 any time soon. :''''''''3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Super late, but this is the link to all my eps reviews of Citrus: https://jnz5012.wordpress.com/category/anime-episode-review/citrus/

That being plugged, let's get to responding:
Maybe I'm wrong, Dye, but you are definitely a bigger fan of Mei than I am. In turn, I seem to like Yuzu a lot more than you do!
You're not wrong. I have always identified more with Mei when it comes to responsibilities and obligations, to the point where doing what I enjoyed would need to take a back seat to doing what is needed. Very much like our broody heroine here.

Now that the manga has also wrapped up, I'm hoping there to be a second season, or even a few OVAs, which would give the anime audience the same satisfactory ending.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down