Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone ever been banned from anime before?

5 posters

Go down

anime - Has anyone ever been banned from anime before? Empty Has anyone ever been banned from anime before?

Post by shikiryougi Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:24 am

I just recently got banned permanently from watching anime or reading manga by my mother, who was scared half to death by my complaints of having nightmares of myself being a homicidal maniac after watching gory, violent animes like Death Note, and hearing my nightly rants of almost absolute psychopathy that would chill the blood of even myself!
shikiryougi
shikiryougi
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 187
Armitage GUTS!!! : -4

Back to top Go down

anime - Has anyone ever been banned from anime before? Empty Re: Has anyone ever been banned from anime before?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 pm

shikiryougi wrote:I just recently got banned permanently from watching anime or reading manga by my mother, who was scared half to death by my complaints of having nightmares of myself being a homicidal maniac after watching gory, violent animes like Death Note, and hearing my nightly rants of almost absolute psychopathy that would chill the blood of even myself!

Never. My parents never controlled what I watched once I hit my teens. Even by then, I had taken in every PG-13 and rated R film there was. And guess what? No urge to kill. Same goes for video games.

It greatly depends who the person is and how responsible he or she is.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

anime - Has anyone ever been banned from anime before? Empty Re: Has anyone ever been banned from anime before?

Post by shikiryougi Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:04 pm

am I the only one that still thinks about anything I've watched or played, many hours, days or even years after?
shikiryougi
shikiryougi
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:27 pm

As Luu said, it really depend on the person.

Sometimes after I've watched something or played something I really liked, it stays in my mind for a WHILE. Thing is my mind conjures different scenarios for fanfics and such.

But certainly nothing quite like what you've experienced. And sometimes it is better just to not tell anyone about that or you'll scare someone, like your mom.
Also, it depends on how mature one can be to digest what you've watched...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:36 am

On a personal note, I've never experienced being banned from watching anime by any member of my family. Somehow, my mom grew up watching anime too and so as her other relatives, so go figure. Their enjoyment of anime is what I inherited. They're not just as obsessive as I am, though. Hehe. xD

There are certain anime that had been banned here in this country though. In the 70's, due to Martial Law, anime titles airing during that time got banned to prevent the idea of subversiveness spreading to the masses. Most of them are from the 長浜ロマンロボシリーズ known as the Robot Romance Trilogy.

In the mid 90's certain anime titles got banned here, including Neon Genesis Evangelion. There were in the year 2000's, too but I don't remember them anymore. I think Tenjou Tenge was one them...
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by shikiryougi Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:08 pm

I don't know if my mom will allow be to watch "Korean" anime such as Taichi Chasers or Pretty Pretty Muse...maybe not...She already wants me to quit American cartoons (nick, rai;etc) and internet/forum gaming for good.
shikiryougi
shikiryougi
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 am

I've never been banned, but I have been discouraged from watching anime/reading manga/using the computer "too much". At the end of the day, no one can really tell me to do or not to do something. At most, I just won't do it in front of them.

My parent's reasoning isn't anything like yours though. While I do absorb what I watch and read and think about it for days/weeks/months/years, I don't really talk about it. I especially never talk about the negative things. They just want me to stop staring at a glowing rectangle all the time. But, I like staring at glowing rectangles (phones, monitors, tv), so tough luck there. xD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:20 am

ookamidesu wrote:They just want me to stop staring at a glowing rectangle all the time. But, I like staring at glowing rectangles (phones, monitors, tv), so tough luck there. xD

I know the feeling, ookami-san. xD
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:47 pm

ookamidesu wrote:I've never been banned, but I have been discouraged from watching anime/reading manga/using the computer "too much". At the end of the day, no one can really tell me to do or not to do something. At most, I just won't do it in front of them.

My parent's reasoning isn't anything like yours though. While I do absorb what I watch and read and think about it for days/weeks/months/years, I don't really talk about it. I especially never talk about the negative things. They just want me to stop staring at a glowing rectangle all the time. But, I like staring at glowing rectangles (phones, monitors, tv), so tough luck there. xD

We've been spoiled by the internet so much since it's birth. I cannot imagine a world that doesn't stare at glowing rectangles. Or small squares...that turn into rectangles when turned a certain way.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down