Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25]

4 posters

Go down

Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Empty Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:25 pm

Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Vlcsnap-2014-01-17-23h06m17s77_zps9e578fa2
Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Vlcsnap-2014-01-17-23h06m33s235_zpsdf3573a7
Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Vlcsnap-2014-01-17-23h06m38s54_zpsc6709e4d
Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Vlcsnap-2014-01-17-23h06m50s143_zpsc5736799
---

In Mai-Otome's 25th episode, Tomoe took a really good shot from Midori and Gakutenou. When she finally recovered, she took her aggressions out on Arika, only to have her Valkyrie Robe shattered and fall to her death. Now, we know that Tomoe didn't die (her Nanomachines kept her alive), but did Arika expect Tomoe to die? As an Arika fan, it was dark to see the caring optimist not care about somebody's well being, even if that person is your enemy. Nina killed thousands of people and Arika still wanted to save her! haha! Even Mashiro expressed sympathy for Tomoe (as seen in the screenshot above), indicating that she believed Tomoe wouldn't survive the fall.

What do you guys think? Was that a rare dark moment for Arika? Or is this all a big misunderstanding? Comment below and let me know!

tomoe2 : Why didn't you catch me?!

Arika Yumemiya :  I guess somebody forgot the tell me that I'm the good guy!

tomoe2 : HOW COULD YOU FORGET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Empty Re: Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25]

Post by San. Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Great topic Luu!

I do believe Arika showed some darkness on that moment.
I gasped in shock, surprised with Arika's actions since she was the always caring and loving character.
Sure, Tomoe deserved. Wasn't expecting that from Arika thou. There is even the feeling of something grave happening, Arika didn't even look, nor shared Mashiro's concerned eyes.
I wonder if Arika knew Tomoe would survive thanks to the nanomachines. If she did, then there wasn't much "harm" in letting her fall. Arika said "I'm sorry, Tomoe" which possibly means she didn't think she would survive.

So, yeah, I believe she left her to die because she simply had it with her. She tried! But on that moment, she had more important things to do than care for Tomoe's ungrateful arse.
San.
San.
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 110
Armitage GUTS!!! : 38

http://shugokuroge.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Empty Re: Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:02 pm

San. wrote:Great topic Luu!

I do believe Arika showed some darkness on that moment.
I gasped in shock, surprised with Arika's actions since she was the always caring and loving character.
Sure, Tomoe deserved. Wasn't expecting that from Arika thou. There is even the feeling of something grave happening, Arika didn't even look, nor shared Mashiro's concerned eyes.
I wonder if Arika knew Tomoe would survive thanks to the nanomachines. If she did, then there wasn't much "harm" in letting her fall. Arika said "I'm sorry, Tomoe" which possibly means she didn't think she would survive.

So, yeah, I believe she left her to die because she simply had it with her. She tried! But on that moment, she had more important things to do than care for Tomoe's ungrateful arse.

One could say Arika had her mother in mind, hence the "I'm sorry, Tomoe" which can be translated as, "I don't have time to waste..." Considering the whole battle for Garderobe, I wouldn't blame that state of mind. I agree with you otherwise, Triple-San. There is just too much bad blood between these two (mostly caused by Tomoe). The last time they were together, they had a battle where Tomoe made her intentions clear; only to have Arika reply: "unforgivable." To top it off, I didn't much concern from Arika when Midori knocked Tomoe through several buildings! XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:06 pm

In some ways the fate of the world was at stake one or two losses were to be expected and many had already died even at Tomoe's hand, in some ways I can't blame Arika for leaving Tomoe to fall to her death
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:In some ways the fate of the world was at stake one or two losses were to be expected and many had already died even at Tomoe's hand, in some ways I can't blame Arika for leaving Tomoe to fall to her death

Just goes to show you that even Arika Yumemiya, arguably the biggest idealist in the series, isn't perfect. She did lose her humanity there, but we didn't mind since Tomoe dug her own hole. "The ends justify the means"...something like that. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:06 am

Well, This raises a very peculiar point. Somehow, nobody ever really gives it much thought when characters like Tomoe have this end at the hero's hand. We just assume they don't die. It's like they are roaches. Past shows also always show us that unless someone stands over them and calls "Yep not breathing, dead!" we just assume they'll be back eventually. I think it doesn't even register into anybody's heads until much later.

OMG!!! This type of violence is desensitizing our children!!! I will never allow my 8 kids to watch this again!!!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:Well, This raises a very peculiar point. Somehow, nobody ever really gives it much thought when characters like Tomoe have this end at the hero's hand. We just assume they don't die. It's like they are roaches. Past shows also always show us that unless someone stands over them and calls "Yep not breathing, dead!" we just assume they'll be back eventually. I think it doesn't even register into anybody's heads until much later.

OMG!!! This type of violence is desensitizing our children!!! I will never allow my 8 kids to watch this again!!!

The political and ecchi world of Mai-Otome should be off-limits to your eight children!

Episode - Did Arika leave Tomoe to die? [Mai-Otome Episode 25] Dsci0410

See?  devious 
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:29 am

laugh LOL XD I NEVER SAID I WAS A GOOD PARENT!!!!

Loving the new emoticons btw!! And my children will have to watch it all from the moment they open up their eyes. House rule!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:27 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote: laugh LOL XD I NEVER SAID I WAS A GOOD PARENT!!!!

Loving the new emoticons btw!! And my children will have to watch it all from the moment they open up their eyes. House rule!

Thanks! I'm quite fond of them meeself. Wait...if you're a parent...who is the lucky mother?  omg 

Shizuru Kaichou : *quietly tiptoes away*

OH. MY. GLOB....
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm

I'm not sure who the mother is... I was a wild child in my youth. Now I have 7 kids and no help to care for them. Oh woe is me~

That lil comment on the end made me imagine you as LSP and it was not flattering at all! LOL

On the topic subject however, how do you guys feel about Arika letting Tomoe fall with a chance she'd die? Personally, I don't see the big whoop on those circumstances.
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:50 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:
On the topic subject however, how do you guys feel about Arika letting Tomoe fall with a chance she'd die? Personally, I don't see the big whoop on those circumstances.

There really is no big whoop in the long run. Tomoe was a menace and a traitor, so she kind of begged for such a fate. It's Arika (a huge babyface character) losing her humanity that is the real issue. So go nuts people!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down