Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if Mai Hime had continued with this design?

4 posters

Go down

What if Mai Hime had continued with this design? Empty What if Mai Hime had continued with this design?

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Many of you had seen Mai Hime or else you wouldn't be here enjoying this forum. :3
So, most likely you've come across this trailer.

As you can see, many things changed from this pilot trailer to the final product.
So this makes me wonder, what if they had continued with this design?
In here Nagi can be counted as a student. Shizuru looks an awful lot like Youko. Natsuki's guns look average and quite normal. Mai's boobs bounce quite a lot more and say 'Howdy' way too often.
It kinda looks more ecchi too.
So, do you think it would have had the same impact or popularity? Do you think that we would have loved the characters we love and worship if they had remained with these looks?

Share your thoughts and comments!! Bring up the wild ideas!! Mikoto Minagi
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

What if Mai Hime had continued with this design? Empty Re: What if Mai Hime had continued with this design?

Post by IlliterateKoi Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:55 pm

I guess that if it had been released like this we wouldn't know any better, and so, if the story line was pretty much the same I'm not sure how much it would have effected the series' popularity.

I have to say that no matter how many times I've seen that trailer, I can't get used to the different eye/hair colours for some of the characters...Aoi's hair is so bright XD

And ShizNat without red/green eyes is just odd to see XD
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

What if Mai Hime had continued with this design? Empty Re: What if Mai Hime had continued with this design?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 pm

This might be bias talking on my part, but I loved the concept design for Promo-verse Mai-HiME. Shizuru looked ugly, sure....and maybe the ecchi aspect of it was quite apparent. Nevertheless, it was a inside look at a future franchise in the making. Natsuki with black hair actually suits her a lot, plus anyone who knows my deviantART account knows I LOVE this trailer for giving me the greatest shot of Promo-verse Natsuki. <333333

Had the story gone in a more ecchi anime direction, I probably wouldn't like it as much. When it comes right down to a story about super powered girls who summon beasts to fight evil, I want strong characters/story over the fanservice. The end result satisfied us with both, so I'm happy. What we see in this trailer are the seeds being planted. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:30 pm

Well said Luu.
Oh yes! That shot of Natsuki.... ^¬^

I didn't watch the trailer first, so I'll be speculating here.
If I had seen this first I would have given it a try just for the music itself. It's a master piece.
Then most likely Natsuki would have caught my eye and make me wonder what her role would be. Girls & guns goes with me. :3
So as Luu said, she seed was planted, it just needed time to blossom and give us a great series.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by RukaHulla Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:44 pm

When not knowing Mai Hime, seeing this trailer would have made me think: "I wanna see this series". Why? the reasons are : the music, the drawing style and the characters.

But taking the fact, that I know Mai Hime, there are one good point and two bad points.
For the good point:
- Natsuki´s chara design isn´t bad at all ... it would have been interesting to see her like this, because it makes her look even more badass Natsuki Kruger2 ... and the real guns fits her a lot better.
For the bad points:
- a little less ecchi would´nt have hurt. Seeing Mai´s panties wasn´t necessary. I´m glad that there wasn´t too much of it in the final product.
- I just can´t get used to Shizuru´s look ... Shizuru without red eyes ... that´s just not possible >.<
RukaHulla
RukaHulla
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 29
Armitage GUTS!!! : 12

https://www.facebook.com/sonia.schutz.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:54 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Well said Luu.
Oh yes! That shot of Natsuki.... ^¬^

I didn't watch the trailer first, so I'll be speculating here.
If I had seen this first I would have given it a try just for the music itself. It's a master piece.
Then most likely Natsuki would have caught my eye and make me wonder what her role would be. Girls & guns goes with me. :3
So as Luu said, she seed was planted, it just needed time to blossom and give us a great series.

The whole promo trailer was the greatest WIP project that existed in anime! XD I just wish Sunrise felt the same about the troll trailer. >:3 You know which one I speak of. I mean COME ON! Nanoha gets TWO movies and Mai-HiME/Otome gets none?! Natsuki Kuga

RukaHulla wrote:and the real guns fits her a lot better.

If you mean guns suiting her better as a tough girl with a general interest in firearms, then I agree! :3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

The whole promo trailer was the greatest WIP project that existed in anime! XD I just wish Sunrise felt the same about the troll trailer. >:3 You know which one I speak of. I mean COME ON! Nanoha gets TWO movies and Mai-HiME/Otome gets none?! Natsuki Kuga

Yeah, that troll trailer.
I created a topic about that.
You can check it here:
https://ltahime.forumotion.com/t1595-what-were-your-thoughts-about-the-mai-hime-movie-trailer

I mean, Strike Witches even got a movie!! But Mai Hime didn't?! That sure is bizarre...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down