Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Mai HiME Anime Villain

+10
Midori Sugiura
shezaei-neko
Luu Sky Sapphire
BMeph
Ice Silver Crystal
SpiralDasher
burande fujino
The Fire Stirring Ruby
ookamidesu
depression76
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Favorite Mai HiME Anime Villain - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Mai HiME Anime Villain

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:John Smith's nose was evil

It's so evil, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and his injury prone quad are envious.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Favorite Mai HiME Anime Villain - Page 3 Empty Re: Favorite Mai HiME Anime Villain

Post by Midori Sugiura Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:38 pm

John Smith actually had an element, his nose could pierce steel
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Pinnochio would be jealous of his nose.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4088
Armitage GUTS!!! : 756

http://shezaei-neko.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am

The Nose that will pierce the heavens, John Smith
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:45 pm

I bet his nose is bigger than his...well, you know.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Or perhaps that is his...you know
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:Or perhaps that is his...you know

It could happen. study
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:Or perhaps that is his...you know

It could happen. study

I am the master of BIOLOGY!
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Now that's disturbing...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:Now that's disturbing...

I got the chills just thinking about it
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 pm

You are the one who thought about it first!!
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:34 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:You are the one who thought about it first!!

I know, still gives me chills
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:
shezaei-neko wrote:You are the one who thought about it first!!

I know, still gives me chills

Midori did express his openness to self-punishment. tomoe
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 pm

The Tomoe icon makes that statement way scary...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:21 pm

shezaei-neko wrote:The Tomoe icon makes that statement way scary...

That was the idea. Natsuki Kruger2 Tomoe's psycho rage gives me the impression that she would bite bananas off.

Men: Stay away, unless you want to end up like this guy from that godawful sequel to an already godawful film:

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBread Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:05 am

This is a tough topic. Many characters in the series can be pegged as villains. I didn't read the entire thread but let's first decide who are villains and not, shall we?

Non villains:
Tokiha Mai
Tate Yuuichi
Harada Chie
Higurashi Akane
Ichinose Sayuri
Kurauchi Kazuya
Ota Yayoi
Senou Aoi
Suzuki Miya
Suzushiro Haruka
Takeda Masashi
Okuzaki Akira
Tokiha Takumi
Himeno Fumi
Kazahana Mashiro
Sakomizu Kaiji
Sagisawa Youko
Sugiura Midori
Yamada

Villains:
Kuga Natsuki
Kikukawa Yukino
Fujino Shizuru
Minagi Mikoto
Munakata Shiho
Yuuki Nao
Sanada Yukariko
Ishigami Wataru
Kanzaki/Minagi Reito
Miyu Greer
Alyssa Searrs
Joseph Greer
Homura Nagi
John Smith

Now, trying to decide like this might be meaningless in a series with so much gray area but it's fun so let's discuss it. In my mind, Natsuki was always one of the more villainous characters. Her actions are self centered to the point where she'll gladly risk the lives of outsiders to further her own vendetta and she's the one who started the in-fighting, neither of which she shows any remorse for.

As for my favorite villain, that's a tough choice. Nagi is a consistently good character throughout the entire series while Miyu leaves few but strong impressions. They kinda tie, plus it's hard to leave out Nao and Shizuru. Reito was good shortly after awakening due to the mystery and manipulation but he became somewhat boring after taking the throne (or couch). I think the whole "main villain" thing was handled better in Otome where it had less of an alien feel to it.

RoyBread
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 20
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Natsuki Kuga being pegged as a villain is a rarity. I see her more as an anti-hero along the lines of Michael Keaton's Batman than a villain. Surely by the end of the series, that villain status must of wore off for you, right?

It's an interesting opinion. Most of the time, fans would attack Shizuru on the "who's a villain" matter than Natsuki.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBread Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:41 pm

As i said the series has a lot of gray area and you could argue that everybody is simply a victim of circumstance, even Lord Kokuyou whose circumstances we know absolutely nothing about. However my impression of Natsuki didn't change that easily. Unlike a lot of the other characters who made their gravest mistakes while under pressure and depression (not that it justifies their actions), Natsuki caused enormous grief to the other characters while perfectly clear headed and unrestrained.

RoyBread
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Care to explain a bit more on that?
How Natsuki caused grief to the other characters? Maybe I'm biased by being a Natsuki supporter but simply I can't see it...

And it's quite impressive that according to you list, almost all hime were the villains...
It's like Mai is spider-man with a city full of villains going after her...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBread Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:07 pm

Natsuki attacks Nao>Nao involves Takumi in her revenge>Akira, Mai, and Mikoto are depressed until the end.

Natsuki attacks Nao>Nao involves Takumi in her revenge>Mikoto is separated from Mai and falls into Reito's hands>Mikoto defeats Midori> Midori is depressed until the end.

Natsuki attacks Nao>Yukino loses faith in the team Midori assembled. Had this not happened she likely wouldn't have attacked Mai.

Natsuki attacks Nao>Nao captures Natsuki which forces Shizuru to abandon her post to come save her>Yukino is defeated as a result of coming to get Shizuru back> Yukino is depressed until the end.

Natsuki attacks Nao>Nao strikes back and is defeated by Shizuru> Nao is depressed until the end.

I'm not saying she carries all the responsibility but she basically threw the first rock and caused a chain reaction after they had all signed a peace treaty, all because of her bias against Nao too. Had the person Yukariko framed been any other HiME, Natsuki would have listened to what they said instead of jumping to conclusions.

Your analogy is funny but when i say villain i don't necessarily mean antagonist, but rather somebody whose actions are self serving while harming others (within serious context and proper reason, mind you).

RoyBread
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:54 am

I agree with Luu, Natsuki is more like an anti-hero to me... And I have to agree with RoyBread that Natsuki did every questionable things, while being clear-headed and not under pressure unlike other HiMEs. So her actions are more weightier than the actions of other HiMEs that have been made under pressure... I can even say that Natsuki is indeed more 'a bad guy' rather than Shizuru, for example... Natsuki operated on the principle 'end justifies the means'. And I am sure, she would have sacrificed everything and everyone except Shizuru, if it was needed to attain her goals.

But I can't agree about 'who has caused a chain reaction' and 'jumping to a conclusion' parts...
- The first because it all started with Yukariko... no, not Yukariko, but rather with Ishigami... He was the one who sent Yukino threatening messages and he was the one who manipulated Yukariko.
- The second because if we look at the situation sensibly... Natsuki's conclusion was reasonable and logical. Who do you believe more Yukariko a nun or Nao who already proved to be an untrustworthy? It's Yukariko's word against Nao's. And plus, when you see a battered nun, you see the proof in front of your eyes and when you know the one whom Yukariko accuses is more than capable of plunging a knife in the back, cuz Nao had already attacked Mai, Mikoto and Natsuki, and almost killed Mai and Mikoto in the process, if Reito had not saved Mikoto and if Natsuki had not saved Mai, they would be dead. Nao has earned herself such a reputation with her actions. She has no one to blame except herself, but she blames everyone except herself. She could have pause and reflect 'why?'... but instead she chose to attack someone innocent and defenseless, Takumi... He wasn't her batterer, nor was Mai... This situation, btw, very well characterizes Nao as a character... Although I all the same adore Nao's character =)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:21 am

RoyBread wrote:
Your analogy is funny but when i say villain i don't necessarily mean antagonist, but rather somebody whose actions are self serving while harming others (within serious context and proper reason, mind you).

Well, to me that is the anti-hero. Razz

And I have to agree with Postoron-chin. Nao already had a bad reputation to start with.

Now, I'd like to hear how Mikoto is a villain... 'cause I just see her as a "immature" girl that can't really point the difference between good or bad sometimes...
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBread Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:34 pm

They're not mutually exclusive; anti-Heroes are often villains in the eyes of society.
Midori or Mai would have handled the situation with Nao and Yukariko better. As for Nao, she did a lot of bad stuff to a lot of people but Natsuki and Shizuru weren't one of them so it's not odd for her to question their sudden ambushes.

I'm not gonna say you're wrong about Mikoto being just immature because you're not, but consider this: Lord Kokuyou openly discusses his plans when she's around; she knows not only what she's doing but also what she's working towards.

There are two reasons for her doing what she does; she's been indoctrinated to serve the guy, but to pardon her for that would be like removing villain status from Miyu because she's programmed to only care about Alyssa.
Secondly, returning to Mai is no longer an option in her mind because of what happened to Takumi, and because of her immaturity she fails to consider a third option instead of seeing Kokuyou as the only possibility left for her.

Regardless of circumstance, she does willingly work towards the destruction of everybody she claims to care about (and the world, yikes), which is quite bad. Objectively she's probably worse than the Sears team at this point in time.

RoyBread
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:41 am

RoyBread wrote:Midori or Mai would have handled the situation with Nao and Yukariko better.
Midori most likely would have handled the situation better, but on how much better? Because it all comes down to 'who you believe more', or even rather 'who you don't believe more, Yukariko or Nao?'... and the answer will always be not in Nao's favor... Because as I said, Nao herself has earned such a reputation...

RoyBread wrote:As for Nao, she did a lot of bad stuff to a lot of people but Natsuki and Shizuru weren't one of them so it's not odd for her to question their sudden ambushes.
And Natsuki and Shizuru both clearly said their reasons to Nao, why they attacked her (Natsuki attacked because of Yukariko and Shizuru attacked to protect Natsuki)... But sadly Nao was unable to see beyond the end of her nose...
And, for example, if we put Natsuki in Nao's place... I absolutely do not think that Natsuki would have attacked Takumi or even Nao... Natsuki is a logical creature... cuz, for example, she did not attack indiscriminately each and everyone from the First District, she was not interested in the puppets, she was interested in the puppeteers of the organization. Therefore Natsuki most likely would have stopped and thought, 'why had Yukariko slandered her?', cuz because of it she was attacked... and, well, Yukariko and Ishigami was the real culprits behind attack and nobody else...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by shezaei-neko Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 pm

I just noticed that you consider Mashiro a non-villain.
She knew about everything!! And yet kinda refused to tell the girls the full story.
So, wasn't she acting with full knowledge and self-concious that people might get hurt? Still, she did nothing to stop it.
shezaei-neko
shezaei-neko
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next