Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 5 Otome characters in the anime

+7
Midori Sugiura
Ris
SpiralDasher
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
BMeph
Luu Sky Sapphire
ATHENAx514
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top 5 Otome characters in the anime Empty Top 5 Otome characters in the anime

Post by ATHENAx514 Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:00 am

so i was curious to see what people would say i want to know your top 5 characters for my otome, one being the best :)
5) Midori- shes so badass, a courageous leader.
4) Shizuru Viola- she pretty much molests a large number of women at some point or another, shes a lady stud :)
3) Haruka Amritage- shes the comedy for me i love how shes ridiculous with her words that dont make sense but shes amazing to watch in a battle, i wish her and shizuru would have had an epic fight scene :(
2) Arika Yumemiya- i just fell in love with her personality so innocent and fun but tough and ready to go get her dreams, shes got spunk
1) Juliet Nao- her attitude is just wow :) shes just wow :) im just wowed :D
i would hav chosen natsuki but shes hardly there and she just give me that ooo ahhh feeling in my otome as she did in my hime, its the same for mai shes not in the show as much so with those two aside thats my top 5
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 140
Armitage GUTS!!! : 60

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Otome characters in the anime Empty Re: Top 5 Otome characters in the anime

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 am

Mikoto Minagi Nice thread, Athena! READY OR NAWT! >:3

1. Una Shamrock:
Top 5 Otome characters in the anime PDVD_024_720x480

A Gakuenchou, commander and Otome!? Una Shamrock is the total package and did more with her position than Natsuki Kruger ever could. Plus I just LOVE to look at her. *romantic eyes* It's a shame she's confined to three OVAs. ;_;

2. Arika Yumemiya:
Top 5 Otome characters in the anime Arika10

The greatest heroine in the Mai-Series, bar none. Nobody fought harder than Arika, she had an effective zero to hero storyline not seen since Usagi Tsukino.

3. Rosalie Claudel:
Top 5 Otome characters in the anime PDVD_087_720x480

XD Pure bias here. There's nothing overly exciting about Rosalie, aside from her cheeky personality. I just can't get over her swimsuit from Zwei and seeing her gorgeous breasts. <3 Thanks, Anh!

4. Miss Maria Graceburt:
Top 5 Otome characters in the anime Miss_m10

Maria is to Mai-Otome, what Shirahime is to Angelic Layer. She's the ice cold, one-hit-KO, veteran of the wars. Maria may appear old, but don't be fooled. She is an experienced woman whose seen it all when it comes to Garderobe affairs and the wars of old.

5. Natsuki Kruger:
Top 5 Otome characters in the anime PDVD_028

XD Yeah, yeah, I know I said Natsuki Kruger isn't my favorite before. I'm warmed up to her recently only because she's so easy to make fun of. She's constantly stressed out and people like her are an easy target. <3 Shizuru-san said you'd get wrinkles, Kruger. You didn't listen~~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Otome characters in the anime Empty Re: Top 5 Otome characters in the anime

Post by ATHENAx514 Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm

ahh I cant help but love that scene with Rosalie in zwei as well, she reminds me of Ellena from queens blade Idky either. Maria cracks me up "old hag" haha she kicks ass!
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:ahh I cant help but love that scene with Rosalie in zwei as well, she reminds me of Ellena from queens blade Idky either. Maria cracks me up "old hag" haha she kicks ass!

Aside from Elina having the artist behind her, both have an impressive set of breasts. *o*

Top 5 Otome characters in the anime 75571-10

Miss Maria : Who are YOU calling an "old hag", young lady? How disrespectful! *glare*
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 pm

very true, i had my cuzin watch queens blade and all he did was ask questions, why are they in thongs? why are they not wearing hardly any clothes? does that snake go ALL the way around her body? my reply "do not question eye pleasing things or i will drown u in the pool" :D
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:15 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:very true, i had my cuzin watch queens blade and all he did was ask questions, why are they in thongs? why are they not wearing hardly any clothes? does that snake go ALL the way around her body? my reply "do not question eye pleasing things or i will drown u in the pool" :D

>;3 Good answer, Athena. Maybe he's a serious young dude who doesn't quite understand the concept of fanservice. kawaiidesuplz
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 am

hes slow why question these wonderful things ive explained to him its for the viewer to think hence the term fanservice, he lacks that side of creativity im afraid :(
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:hes slow why question these wonderful things ive explained to him its for the viewer to think hence the term fanservice, he lacks that side of creativity im afraid :(

:) How old is he? At a very early age, I unintentionally shipped women together before the era where media and religious-inspired parents told me it was wrong. In my mind of course, I didn't really talk much as a little boy. XD Maybe he's holding back too. There's a sense of freedom when you not only realize how awesome anime/manga fandom is, but knowing you can take these characters and work your own magic with them. This is what gave birth to crack pairings. <3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 am

xD hes 19 not really young he was very sheltered tho so its understandable i guess but i would assume sheltered people have very active imaginations
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

ATHENAx514 wrote:xD hes 19 not really young he was very sheltered tho so its understandable i guess but i would assume sheltered people have very active imaginations

^_~ Maybe he needs someone to break him out of his shell. Have you shown him Mai-HiME/Otome yet? o.o
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:20 pm

ive been trying to get him over here to watch it actually but im worried he'll start rambling like he usually does and miss something, he probably wont even pick up on the fact Shizuru loves natsuki lol.
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
At a very early age, I unintentionally shipped women together before the era where media and religious-inspired parents told me it was wrong.

Since my first experience with anime was with the Dirty Pair LOVELY ANGELS, I never had to worry about anybody disapproving of femslashing.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about favorite Otome chars, eh?
So, not that anyone cares, but since it's here, I'm going to fill out my faves:

5) Tomoe Marguerite

She's sexy! She's crazy! She's crazy-sexy!
Have you ever know that woman that made you think to yourself, "Self, don't even go there! Sure, you could get her attention, you might even be able to hold it for a while; the lady is bona-fide, certifiably certifiable! She's loony! She's starkers! She's a maving raniac! And yet, you know she's so freaky out of the sack, she's got to be super-freaky in it..." She's even got those same crazy lavender eyes that Mai-HiME Mai got whenever stress/love/the Universe dumped too much on her and she just had to...Let It OUT! (See Ep. 20, about 14:20 in, for a good look)
SHe''s so talented, and yet, so insecure, you just want to go give her a hug...and maybe nibble on an earlobe....

4) Juliet Nao Zhang

I love the capri pants/suspenders/striped shirt/newsboy cap ensemble. I also love the unabashedly flirtacious way she deals with...everything, and everyone. They say, Curiosity Killed the cat...but Satisfaction brought it back! Me-OW!

3) Er-stin.... (takes humongously deep breath) Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

She's such a bundle of contradictions (although I blame Sunrise's ADD-plagued writing staff), so soft, gentle and downright cuddly, you just want to pick her up and go, "Awwwww...."

Or, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, playing the role of the Reluctant Mole, I just can't get over how bright green her eyes are um, how she always roots for everyone. Se's just so darn cute! Especially with those gorgeous green eyes.

Plus, she'd never be so bold or rude to impose herself on anyone, but she's totally gay for Nina, and any girl that talks about being inappropriately groped in a sensitive area...but if it's Nina, it's okay. So Hot! And so gay for the Neena. Speaking of which...

2) Nina (Neeeeeeeeeeena!) Wang

She's spunky, yet grumpy. She's taciturn, yet wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a powerful fighter, and a studious scholar. And if you touch her in this one spot...well, never you mind about that.

It's Nina. Correction: it's Neena!

She's got a loyal streak a mile wide, and once you show her you respect something she finds respectable, she'll stick with you through thick and thin, even if it means she has to put her own dreams on hold. Her infatuation with her guardian is legen-

(wait for it)

... -dary!
Beset on all sides by traitors, back-stabbers, dupes, rubes and Space Cadets, Nina shoulders on. Her country needs her, after all. And so do we. We love you, Neena! Especially that cute blonde girl with the soft Comfort Pillows.... Ahem.

Finally, my #1, favorite, most-beloved Mai-Otome character is:
1) Haruka Armitage!

Of course it's Haruka, I'm a Haruka nut, and in -Hime, she's such a Badass Normal, that it had to occur to everyone, what if we Flipped the Script, like in the manga, and made Haruka an Otome? She'd have to take her Badassery Up To Eleven, but she still has to have that stupid (one-sided) rivalry with Shizuru, to keep things "fair and balanced". And the malapropism. And the hyper-active assertiveness. But still make sure to keep her cute - heck, everyone's in those freaky Maid outfits, so give her Hartman Hips and a Cleavage Window.

Some folks just think of her as a comic character. For me, she's just so over-the-top, that she Crosses the Line Twice, and goes back to being awesome again. There's just something very thrilling about a woman, that if you caught her eye, would (and could) haul you off by your butt, have her way with you, and dump you on a downtown street corner the next week, disheveled, disoriented, and exhausted. I try not to imagine such things myself, as the goofy grin I sport makes folks think I'm abusing one of those California marijuana dispensaries. I like my women bold; the large breasts just sweeten the deal.

She's got GUTS! And an attractive carrying case to haul 'em around in.

Last edited by BMeph on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Closed quotes)
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:19 pm

My top characters for Otome have changed so much since last year; anyway, let's see...

5. Haruka Armitage
Ever since first watching Mai HiME, I've always had a soft spot for Haruka, in my own option I find her absolutely hilarious, hell, HaruKino is probably one of the main reasons why I'm even considering watching HiME again (that reason and Mai), whilst in Zwei, it goes perfectly for Haruka and Yukino's time together. Although I adore Yukino also, I'll have to put Haruka first since I simply love her scenes for both her slip ups and intense moments.

I find she is a person you can go to for cheering up, either that being the comedy or the combat scenes.

4. Juliet Nao Zhang
I've always preferred Zhang, whether or not Yuuki is HiME's version of Tomoe; I would say it is because of her personality, humour and dedication to her duty (although she would rather be lazier than Mikoto-Cat, so it truly shows she is reliable and a proper Column - much to Miss Maria's disdain).

In appearance Nao easily hits the top three for me I would say though.

3. Maria Graceburt
Whether she is in her young or mature form, Miss Maria will always be one of my favourite Mai Series characters. Through both appearance and personality Miss Maria clearly shows the strength and frustration which an Otome shall gain as they continue to evolve through the generations of students throughout Earl. Her remarks and quotes have always been some of my favourite in Otome, Haruka's of course rivalling these.

2. Mai Tokiha
A character whom I adore just as much in Mai HiME, I think Mai deserves a lot more, after all, her situation regarding her family in HiME states this easily. In Otome though, you see so little of her, whilst in truth I think Otome desperately needed more screen time for her; without Mai there is no Mai Series, after all; the same goes for Arika, Mayo and Mao.

1. Tomoe Marguerite
Both Mai and Tomoe are in a rivalling match for me at the moment, surprisingly; recently I tend to swap between them, so let's say for this week my favourite character in the Mai Series would be Tomoe, but the next week would be Mai. But with Tomoe I've always seen a hell of a lot of myself in her, I find that I can relate to her very easily due to her emotional issues, personality and obsessions. Tomoe, after all, isn't that type of character which you can just brush under the carpet and forget about, she's always evident for where she goes whether a ShizNatsu fan, let's say, hates her or not.

Without Haruka, Miss Maria, Nao, Mai and Tomoe, the whole of the Mai Series would have been absolutely pointless I think.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:1. Tomoe Marguerite
Both Mai and Tomoe are in a rivalling match for me at the moment, surprisingly; recently I tend to swap between them, so let's say for this week my favourite character in the Mai Series would be Tomoe, but the next week would be Mai. But with Tomoe I've always seen a hell of a lot of myself in her, I find that I can relate to her very easily due to her emotional issues, personality and obsessions. Tomoe, after all, isn't that type of character which you can just brush under the carpet and forget about, she's always evident for where she goes whether a ShizNatsu fan, let's say, hates her or not.

ShizNat could be considered as "just there" in Mai-Otome. They didn't really serve any purpose other than be plot devices. That's why I'm glad Tomoe had strong feelings for Shizuru, it gave Shizuru something to do and something for Natsuki to worry about...oh wait...she was busy with Nao. Akira Okuzaki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ATHENAx514 Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:48 am

I personally loved Shizurus obvious lesbianism, especially when she notices Akira is really a girl then later sleeps with Tomoe....most impressive!!! shiznat was not as interesting to me in my otome, no secret love (cuz its soooo obvious) no sexy battles, and NO MOLESTATION!!!! I was sad but Tomoe made up for most of that
ATHENAx514
ATHENAx514
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:48 am

Let's see how many I can list off.

1. Midori Aswad - Obviously. She has the opposite personality in Otome than she did in Hime, but she's no less awesome. It's all a matter of circumstance; I believe if she was able to grow up care-free, than she would have turned out like her Hime counterpart, however (anime) reality is not so forgiving.

2. Erstin Ho - My second-favorite character of the Otome-verse. Her whole circumstance is sad and it was the only time in Otome where I cried. She's an adorable character and I like NinaxErstin!! Her last name is unfortunate, though...

3. Youko Helene - FUCK YEAH!! She got a bigger part in Otome! Rightfully so! She got an omake back in Hime, so she's an important character, but she had a small roll then. Now that she's in Otome, he gets a bigger part. Remember, Youko is the reason Kruger is still alive! Midori would have killed Kruger if not for Youko calling out to Midori when she did. <3 Midori/Youko!! MAH OTP!! ALL MAH FEELZ!! (And yet she's still pushed to the side in this fandom. ;_; )

4. Haruka Armitage - Like a BOSS. This woman needs not introduction, she speaks for herself and rather loudly at that. GUTZ!!

5. Yukariko Steinberg - She's cute and doesn't have Mr. pedo-rapist-glasses to tempt her to the dark side! :3 (My god, I hate Ishigami...) She can also hold her own in this series, but it's a pity she never gets to see any action. She had SUCH a huge role in Hime though, so I guess that's okay if she takes the back seat in Otome. =)

(I'm actually shocked I was able to make a top-five list. o-o I don't like many of the characters in Otome at all.)
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Ris Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:34 am

5) Akane Soir: For helping Arika and company develop as characters and being even cuter with Kazu than in HiME.

4) Tomoe Marguerite: Because a Mai series isn't a Mai series without at least one total psycho.

3) Mashiro Blan de Windbloom: Probably has the best character development of any character in either HiME or Otome.

2) Shiho Huit: For being the best comic relief in the franchise and because I named my scanlation website after her.

1) Arika Yumemiya: For all the reasons Luu and everyone else already covered.
Ris
Ris
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 56
Armitage GUTS!!! : 25

http://www.makimakimanga.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:01 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:...
2. Erstin Ho - My second-favorite character of the Otome-verse. Her whole circumstance is sad and it was the only time in Otome where I cried. She's an adorable character and I like NinaxErstin!! Her last name is unfortunate, though...

Yes, that's why I always (ALWAYS!) say her last name just like Lion-O does in "Thundercats":

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week!

4. Haruka Armitage - Like a BOSS. This woman needs not introduction, she speaks for herself and rather loudly at that. GUTZ!!

Yeah, and if her Cleavage Window were just a little bigger...But I Digress.

Nice list, by the way.
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Ris wrote:5) Akane Soir: For helping Arika and company develop as characters and being even cuter with Kazu than in HiME.

4) Tomoe Marguerite: Because a Mai series isn't a Mai series without at least one total psycho.

3) Mashiro Blan de Windbloom: Probably has the best character development of any character in either HiME or Otome.

2) Shiho Huit: For being the best comic relief in the franchise and because I named my scanlation website after her.

1) Arika Yumemiya: For all the reasons Luu and everyone else already covered.

Well, I don't know about Arika, but that's my own, blatantly biased problem. As for #2, all I can say about her, is...

Shiho Huit MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI MAKI Shiho Huit
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:14 am

BMeph wrote:

Yes, that's why I always (ALWAYS!) say her last name just like Lion-O does in "Thundercats":

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week!

Yeah, and if her Cleavage Window were just a little bigger...But I Digress.

Nice list, by the way.

Lol! Thanks XDD
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 pm

5) Mai Tokiha
4) Natsuki Kruger
3) Shizuru Viola
2) Aswad Midori
1) Juliet Nao Zhang

I'm Sorry Midori My Love
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:5) Mai Tokiha
4) Natsuki Kruger
3) Shizuru Viola
2) Aswad Midori
1) Juliet Nao Zhang

I'm Sorry Midori My Love

YOU LIKE JULIET MORE?! Any reason why?

Zhang : Just look at me~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:5) Mai Tokiha
4) Natsuki Kruger
3) Shizuru Viola
2) Aswad Midori
1) Juliet Nao Zhang

I'm Sorry Midori My Love

YOU LIKE JULIET MORE?! Any reason why?

Zhang : Just look at me~

I have always been a huge Nao fan, but with Mai HiME I felt like she was manipulative, but not as influential to the series as she could be, don't get me wrong, she had a huge role, but you can never have to much of any of the HiME (exception is Shiho)

With Mai Otome she became more powerful, snarkier, more sadistic and even became a column, not to mention she kept her signature weapons Mikoto Minagi
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:
I have always been a huge Nao fan, but with Mai HiME I felt like she was manipulative, but not as influential to the series as she could be, don't get me wrong, she had a huge role, but you can never have to much of any of the HiME (exception is Shiho)

With Mai Otome she became more powerful, snarkier, more sadistic and even became a column, not to mention she kept her signature weapons Mikoto Minagi

Mikoto Minagi Agree with every word. There's just something about Juliet that resonates with me. She's the girl you want to climb in bed with so badly, but she'd never let you. XD The girl is independent and only looks out for number one. Everything she does is sneaky and a bit mean spirited, but we love her for it. Nao Yuuki
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:

Mikoto Minagi Agree with every word. There's just something about Juliet that resonates with me. She's the girl you want to climb in bed with so badly, but she'd never let you. XD The girl is independent and only looks out for number one. Everything she does is sneaky and a bit mean spirited, but we love her for it. Nao Yuuki

And I agree with everything you added to that Nao Yuuki
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next