Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness

2 posters

Go down

Episode - Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness Empty Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Discussion thread for Mai HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Episode - Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Episode - Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness Vlcsna64

Mai-HiME Episode XI: Dance of Light and Darkness opens with a Fuka Academy student, Kiyone, leaving the chapel. Yukariko warns her about terrible rumors and offers to walk her back. Kiyone refuses the offer, leaving Yukariko worried. What could possibly happen? Well, we overhear Kiyone mentioning vampires. The vampire incidents had to of happened for quite some time now for such a rumor become the talk of the Academy. Not long after her departure from the chapel, Kiyone is attacked by a mysterious figure. It' a good thing Takeda and his Kendo team were doing their usual laps, because they run into Kiyone's body. She's alive, but someone or something bit her neck...

The next day at Linden Baum, Mai and her friends talk about the vampire incident. Chie mentions that there have been three victims in the past; all with bite marks on their necks and left naked. What's strange is that there were no signs of sexual assault. This bothers everyone except Mikoto, who doesn't know what sexual assault is. Over at the Student Council room, Haruka is furious at the idea of some pervert going around stripping girls and leaving bit marks. She demands immediate action so that the executive committee can investigate the matter. Now hold your horses, Haruka! Reito says the victims only lost a little blood. What's the big deal? Haruka plays the sex card by saying "of course it's not a big deal to YOU. You're a MAN!" Why I never! She continues by saying acts like this are the most offensive to women. Even Shizuru agrees with Haruka on this one (I can't believe what I'm hearing...). After all, she is a girl too. We at Mai-Multiverse have universally agreed that this scene had Shizuru express a little queasiness on the idea of rape.

Natsuki tries to gather some information on the "vampire" from Sakomizu. He says he doesn't know much, other than that First District is looking into it. He also mentions that Midori is in self-confinement; working on a very important thesis. Not caring for anything other than her own agenda, Natsuki takes off. Meanwhile, Mashiro and Nagi discuss the events of the "vampire", hinting that they know who's behind the incidents. Nagi is amazed that these people can also manipulate Orphans. He's clearly talking about Alyssa Searrs. At the chapel, Yukariko is sulking and regretting allowing Kiyone to walk home by herself. Haruka and the Executive Committee arrive and request that they use the chapel as a base camp so they can track down this "vampire". Miyu and Alyssa are seen observing the Executive committee as they creating perimeters around the area. Mai shows up and asks Miyu what's going on, only to be told off by Haruka. She tells them that a six o clock curfew is in effect for tonight. This sucks for Mai as she works past 6 at Linden Baum, but she doesn't want to suffer any of Haruka's stupid consequences, so she leaves and runs into Nagi at the library. At first, Mai thinks that Nagi wants her to destroy the vampire Orphan. Instead, Nagi wants Mai to stay away from this Orphan as the people who sent it are after female students, so they can take their blood and identify them as HiME. Annnnnd speak of the devil! Alyssa Searrs summons the vampire Orphan just in time for it's next victim. That night, Mai starts thinking about her fellow HiME and begins to get a little stressed out. To relieve this, she asks Mikoto if she would like to have a free day tomorrow. Just the two of them having fun. Meanwhile, Takumi requests that Akira use "his" secret ninja powers to fight the vampire. Akira says she will do a little patrolling but that's it! Good timing too, the vampire Orphan found prey in Tate and Shiho. Akira drives the vampire Orphan away just in time.

In the morning, Mai and Mikoto prepare for their fun filled day and see that Aoi is on her way to a concert and won't be back until late. She insists that she'll be fine since no incidents happened the night before. You can thank Akira for that one. At the chapel Haruka Suzushiro was able to capture a wandering offender who was up way back her curfew- Nao Yuuki. Haruka thinks Nao's anti-authority attitude deserves a little punishment, so she arranges for Nao to enter the confessional booth with Nao.

BIG. MISTAKE. LMAO!

Now here we get some character development for Yukariko. She admits she's losing confidence in herself. Guiding girls like Nao is too much for her to handle. Ishigami suggests that Yukariko can take her mind off things by becoming his model. Dude, you're just looking for an excuse to see the Sister naked. *HIGH FIVES* YEEEEEAH! We catch up with Mai and Mikoto who have a great time outside to forget HiME related business. During their travels, they run into Miyu and Alyssa. Alyssa just finished singing "It's Only The Fairy Tale", so you can already tell Mai is ready to praise her endlessly. Instead, Mai compliments on the closeness between Miyu and Alyssa; it must be nice to feel strongly about someone.

That night, Natsuki heads back into the Rorschach Bar again. This time to figure out what the serial numbers were on the dog plush she found at the old First District building (see Episode 9). Yamada tells her that it's a bank account that when traced, the money ended up at two organizations - Iwasaka Pharmaceuticals and the SEARRS Foundation. Tate decides to call Mai so he can confess about something that's been eating at him for a while now. He tells Mai that a giant frog monster saved him and Shiho from the vampire monster. With this incidents happening, he demands to know if Mai knows something. Anything. Mai admits she does know something, but can't reveal what it is. All she promises Tate is that she's not responsible, nor working with the monsters. Suddenly a scream can be heard...AOI! WHAT HAPPENED! Sister Yukariko? What are you doing here and what is that you're holding? Oh my...

This episode gets back on track with the mysterious Greer family and throws in the reveal of the SEARRS Foundation. I like this entry, but it's a bit slow in pacing. I feel Yukariko's reveal was superb, although I feel she deserved a bit more screen time to focus on her character. We get that in a few scenes with Ishigami, but then we get comedy moments with Nao's confessional. Good, just not enough to study Yukariko as a character. Then again, when you look at it from another angle, her character should remain mysterious. Only as a HiME, not as a person.

Episode - Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness Vlcsna65

+ Yukariko revealed to be a HiME! Great cliffhanger!
+ Natsuki's detective work uncovering the SEARRS Foundation
+ Nao's confessional scene! HAHAHA!
+ Some character development for Yukariko...
- ...but not enough.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Episode - Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 11: Dance of Light and Darkness

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:06 am

Ah this episode. When I first saw it, I thought it was just one of those boring episodes that have nothing but character development, but near the end, that was when it got me very interested. Yukariko as a HiME, it was a nice little plot twist, but not a TOTAL surprise :)

While I was watching the episode with a couple of friends of mine earlier today, Yukariko being embarrassed by Nao's "confessions" simply reminded me of Wolf-of-Wind and her ability to get embarrassed easily when it comes to lewd things XD 

Trollface
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:While I was watching the episode with a couple of friends of mine earlier today, Yukariko being embarrassed by Nao's "confessions" simply reminded me of Wolf-of-Wind and her ability to get embarrassed easily when it comes to lewd things XD 

Trollface

What did you get that poor girl to admit? X'D Wolfie is too uke to have her mind messed around with.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down