Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing.

3 posters

Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing. Empty Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Discussion thread for Mai HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing. Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing.

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing. Vlcsna58

Mai-HiME Episode VIII: Precious Thing is where the series is taken in an unexpected direction.
We begin with a phone call between Akane and her lover boy Kazuya concerning the upcoming Founders' Day festival. With the Festival finally here, we catch up with Chie and Aoi who are seen babysitting Mikoto. Where's Mai you may ask? Well, aside from teasing the audience with what appeared to be a preemptive kiss for her little brother (INCEST!), Mai closes in to check his forehead for a fever.

Thank. Heavenly. Jesus.

Mai tells Takumi that his temperature is normal and Takumi insists that Mai should go and be with
Mikoto. Seriously, Mai! Stop worrying about your brother so much, I'm sure Akira
will be back any minute now. OH! Akira's here...crashing into the room during this awkward
brother-sister moment. Akira even mentions the sister complex as Tate did two episodes earlier.
Next we get to really know what Yukariko Sanada, the sister of Fuka chapel is all about. We first
see her encouraging Miyu to take part in the festival, then the art teacher Ishigami shows up
to flirt with Yukariko. Those who have followed me throughout our 4 years at Mai-Multiverse
knows I do not like Ishigami. He is a borderline freak with a rapist's wit. His affections for
Yukariko are so blatantly obvious, I feel like I'm going to vomit my insides out. Thankfully to end this scene, Mikoto pops up out of nowhere in her super spicy berserk mode again. As these
strange events go on, Miyu spots Akane again and gives her that hardcore stare again. Up until
now, we the audience are confused as to why Miyu would keep an eye on Akane.

Akane and Kazuya chat a little before Mai appears with Takumi. Deciding that today's the day
(we don't know what yet), Akane thanks Mai and tells her that she will take her advice now. During all this, Haruka and Yukino fail at making their haunted house, Natsuki becomes extremely
bored with the festival and Shizuru is performing tea ceremonies while ignoring a bunch of
suits. It revealed that Mashiro Kazahana is the one responsible for Shizuru having to deal with
the business marketers. We catch up with Reito, Takumi, Mai and Tate as they clean the library.
Thanks to Tate playing pranks on Mai, Mai loses her cool and accidentally steps on a vulnerable
part of the floor, causing her to fall down a pit. The other three join her, unintentionally,
soon after. By the way Nagi sounded, this was all planned to "settle things once and for all". The
four of them get split into twos. Mai with Reito and Takumi with Tate, each aiming to
find their way out. Now a lot of event unfold with these quick cutaway scenes, so I'll split them
between two paragraphs.

Out in the bamboo forest, Akane finds the perfect spot to reveal the truth to Kazuya. She reminds him that when they met, they promised never to keep secrets from one another. We see that Akane is hinted at being a HiME through a sealed rock similar to Kagutsuchi's (which would later be revealed as Akane's CHILD, Hari). Miyu suddenly arrives completely out of character to warn Akane that a monster is after her. Akane reveals herself as a HiME in front of Kazuya; a truly badass moment for her. Alyssa Searrs sings "It's Only The Fairy Tale" during the sequence. Akane summons Hari to battle and defeat the Orphan. Akane is now worried that Kazuya would be afraid of her like this. A HiME with powers so bizarre, it might terrify him. On the contrary, Kazuya embraces Akane and reminds her that he loves her no matter what. Akane then thanks Miyu for keeping quiet on everything she just saw. Miyu tells her that because of the fight, she has gathered valuable data. Huh?! We then see that Miyu is really an android and Hari doesn't take kindly to her! As mighty as Hari is, he is no match for the superior strength and speed of Miyu as she finishes him off easily with a powerful dematerializing arm blade. Akane believes that with Hari's defeat, it will ultimately mean her death.

No. Instead, a defeated HiME is revealed to have a fate worse than death: The death of their most important person. Kazuya begins to fade away into nothingness. Nagi is stunned by these events (what's the matter, Nagi? Your eventual plans happened a little too soon?) and informs Akane what he told her a long time ago. That she's be putting the most precious thing to her at stake. It wasn't her life; it was Kazuya. Same goes for all HiME who have a precious person in their lives.

Reito questions if Mai has a thing for Tate, to which she responds awkwardly. He then asks if he has a chance with her, confirming his strong attraction towards Mai. Tate and Takumi stop to talk a little about Mai until an Centipede-catfish looking Orphan shows up. Bad timing for Takumi as he suffers one of his attacks. Both he and Tate get knocked out by the Orphan in front of Mai. Leaving her no choice but to reveals herself as a HiME in front of Reito. Mai summons Kagutsuchi and easily destroys the Orphan. Once the dust settled, Mai kindly requests Reito to not question her about what he just saw. Not for a while. Tate and Takumi wake up and head back to the festival. The episode ends with a very broken Akane staring at the festival fireworks.

Excellent episode that becomes the foundation of the upcoming Carnival arc. Though we're still episodes away from that, the stakes have been raised for the HiME in such a clever way. Plus we're treated to a new villain in Miyu, who will become an important figure herself.

Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing. Vlcsna59

+ Amazing twist
+ Emotional ending
+ Reveals that worked
+ The mysterious aura of Miyu Greer.
+ Akane Higurashi is the most underrated piece of talent in this series. It's a shame she was the first lamb.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing. Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 8: Precious Thing.

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Oh yeah, I remember being all o_O when I thought Mai was going to kiss her own brother >_> Wtf Japan? Anywho, episode 8 has to be one of my favorite episodes because of the hilarious comedy, and also the tragedy and the twist, which took me by surprise, but at the same time, I remember thinking how useless Akane was, since it was her only screentime as a HiME Akira Okuzaki
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:since it was her only screentime as a HiME Akira Okuzaki

Not counting her return as a HiME in episode 26? Technically, she did help save the day.

Krugerfree No wait! Let me stretch that statement further: Technically, Akane Higurashi defeated the Obsidian Lord! OOOHHHHH! I SOOOOOOOOOO WENT THERE. Trollface
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:52 am

This episode's quite sad. Hearing 媛星 (Ensei) in the background during that scene with Akane and Kazuya was heart-wrenching. Akane had really great potential and I wish she had more screen time.
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down