Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens

3 posters

Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens Empty Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Discussion thread for Mai HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens Vlcsna56

Oh no. This is the episode where we get introduced properly to the queen of bitch. Mai-HiME Episode VII: Lost Kittens opens up with a look at night life in the Fuka town. We see Mikoto who is all alone, followed by a detailed flashback on how she began her brother seeking journey. Her dying grandfather tells her that she has become a full fledged HiME and that her brother can be found in the land of Fuka. We're even treated to a small glimpse of her brother. I've NEVER seen HIM before...*rolls eyes* Mikoto returns back to reality and sees the red head girl luring a boy (who she mistook as her brother) away from the city square. As the two begin to get friendly with one another, Mikoto discovers that the red head is a HiME with a CHILD. Mikoto draws Miroku and challenges the red head to a fight...until we cut to the follow morning. Mai and Mikoto are late for school and it's here that we see the seeds planted for Mikoto not wanting to be treated like a kid. Aoi Senoh pops out of her room dragging another girl with her; who is revealed to be Nao Yuuki. She greets Mikoto as if no bloodshed had happened the night before. Nao confirms that the two made a deal to keep the events a secret.

I have to tell you, Yuuka Nanri as Nao Yuuki is without a doubt, one of the best performances in the series. When we at Mai-Multiverse met Yuuka-san at Otakon last year, she told us that playing Nao was a challenge for her. She had never voiced a bad girl up until that point in her career. I'd say she did a fantastic job in the early going because came off sly yet vicious like a venomous spider.

We then see Nao faking an illness to get out of class, which is no doubt routine for her. On her way to Nurse's office, we see that Midori and Youko are there having a conversation. They both plan to have a ladies night out tonight. This scene is also crucial as it shows Midori and Yohko are friends and have quite a history together during university. Nao arrives to bullshit her illness even further; Midori sees right through her and allows her to park her lazy ass anywhere she wants. Yohko's reaction to Midori thinking she owns the place is priceless! HA HA! We catch up with Mai who ponders some more about the HiME; reflecting back on the previous two episodes. After snapping out of her daydream, Mai and Mikoto have a little back and forth concerning Mikoto's immaturity and inability to take care of herself. This causes Mikoto to seek out Nao for a friendly ear. Really? Nao is the last person you want to share problems with! I stand corrected as Nao weaves her web around Mikoto's rebellious attitude by offering to help look for her brother as long as she can do her a few favors.

Meanwhile, The Student Council discuss preparations for the The Founders' Day Festival. The moment Takumi and Akira walk into the committee meeting, Reito asks them for help. Outside, Tate asks a very rushed Mai if she'd be willing to go shopping with Shiho. Shiho looks back on Mai as if she were saying "Say no. Say no. I want to spend time with him." Remembering that she promised to not "steal" Yuuichi, Mai reluctantly rejects the offer. Nagi shows up around the corner and asks Mai to go to the city section of Tsukimori to find out what Nao and Mikoto are up to. He says it's important that she investigates it. I swear, this episode is just everyone asking for favors! Even Akane Higurashi, who just now requested Mai to listen to her problems. SERIOUSLY! STOP!

Later that night, Nao and Mikoto are waiting near Tsukimori station. Nao gets a message from her next victim and begins her hunt. Midori and Yohko are also in the area; chit-chatting about Yohko apparent love for booze. I really enjoy the characters in this series, but it's easy for me personally, to relate Midori and Youko because they're such adult characters. Midori suggests they eat at a French restaurant. Yohko tells her no because they could never afford it with their current salaries! Fuka Academy sure is cheap! No wait, Reito just spent a fortune ordering dinner for not only himself, but Takumi and Akira! Even they can't believe it.

Welcome to The Rorschach Bar! One of the most seediest places in Fuka with all the trimmings; lowlifes, perverts, thugs, possibly even criminals. The perfect place for Natsuki to dig up information from her informant, Yamada. After that, Mai runs into Natsuki and the two find Mikoto in record time. Her and Nao have already cornered a "Stupid man", but Mikoto doesn't think he's worth it. Mai is furious that Mikoto would even attempt to lure men for any reason; Nao disagrees. Nao argues that HiME should have freedom to use their powers. In a total NatNao moment, Natsuki agrees with Nao; but she also reminds Nao that it's ultimately to HER to decide whether or not she likes it. Nao and Natsuki point their respective Elements at each other, ready to do battle-MIDORI?! Out of nowhere, a drunken Midori arrives with another tipping of the hat to Sailor Moon. She ends clunking herself on the head with her Element and vomiting all over Nao. Nagi arrives to break things up as HiME are forbidden to fight each other. I find this rule really funny in retrospect. Nao doesn't take kindly to being pushed around by everyone, so she starts slicing the beams that suppose the building, collapsing on top of a saddened Mikoto. Mai and the others think she's dead until Reito shows up after the dust cleared; saving her in the process. The episode ends with Mai, Chie, Aoi and Mikoto being treated to the appearance of Alyssa Searrs. Her beautiful voice fills the chapel; especially Miyu's heart...

Nao Yuuki is one of my most disliked characters in the series. That doesn't make her a bad
character, just a good villain type. Despite being a HiME, Nao does whatever she wants without
caution or worry of consequences. Yuuka Nanri brought a sinfully playful nature to Nao, making
her sound vicious yet so innocent at the same time. The kind of girl you'd never expect to rip you to shreds! Good episode with several stand out moments, but it's a bit everywhere in pacing.

Mai-HiME Episode 7: Lost Kittens Vlcsna57

+ Yuuka Nanri's performance as Nao Yuuki
+ Drunken Midori
+ Character development for Mikoto thanks to a sort of Pinocchio-like situation (temptation for an innocent sucks).
- ENOUGH WITH THE FAVORS! The theme is favors, WE GET IT!
- Awkwardly paced.

Fish on. nao lick
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by franticfranz Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Episode 7: Lost Kittens

I found this episode a little awkward, (and still is) even after re-watching it. Nao pretending to be sick kinda reminded me of me. Yeah, I hated school when I was younger so sue me! Haha. On the other hand, this episode also had its fun moments. Oh, yeah. Who wouldn't like a girls night out with Midori and Yohko? Mai going hysterical after seeing what Mikoto did was also funny. And notice that it left Natsuki with a dumbfounded expression...almost couldn't answer the question Mai asked, "What on earth is Mikoto doing?!" Midori coming out of nowhere during the Natsuki / Nao confrontation was also a funny part, at least to cool down a heated argument about how a HiME's powers can be used.

Overall, I like episode 7 because there's balance on it. There are serious parts, there are funny parts--which the latter is most remembered.

^_^
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:11 pm

This episode I enjoyed when I first saw the show, because there was more of a background story when it came to Mikoto. Episode 7 was one of those impressive episodes to me, but it was also when I already began to despise Nao XD

Episode 7 also has the best Midori/Youko moment XD I remember laughing at Midori's shut up move and at Midori and Youko getting drunk. The two really remind me of Yukari and Nyamo from Azumanga Daioh :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah, Midori and Yohko are kind of like the Yukari and Nyamo of the series. Yohko needs alcohol to be on the same level of crazy as a normal Yukari though. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down