Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind

4 posters

Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind Empty Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Discussion thread for Mai HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind Vlcsna50

Mai-HiME Episode IV: Mischief of the Wind brings us the pool area of Fuka Academy, where the girls chatter about being perved on by the boys. Soon after, Natsuki emerges from the pool and everyone is in sheer awe. Who could blame them? She indeed has "the figure of a supermodel"; only she could care less. Later in the locker room, the girls yell that their bras and underwear have been stolen. This scene amuses me so much for one main reason: Natsuki. When she overhears the girls complaining about missing underwear, she just shrugs it off. One of the Ice Princess's many philosophies seems to be "sucks for them" and doesn't give it a second thought. That is UNTIL the very same happens to her! Natsuki is clearly furious and now it's become HER problem. LOL!

Mai, Mikoto, Aoi and Chie gather at lunch to discuss the rumored "panty thief". To their comfort, none of their bras and panties have been taken...yet. Mikoto questions what a bra is, causing Chie to have Aoi examine her boobs. She scolds Mai on walking around braless, even though it doesn't matter to Mikoto. The girl who once said she used to prance around naked 24/7. We cut back to Natsuki Kuga who seems to be walking slower than usual. We're treated to an amusing flashback to the locker room scene. Akane questions if Natsuki had her stuff stolen as well, to which Natsuki immediately dismisses the idea. After all, who would ever rob such personal items from Natsuki Kuga? The coolest girl in the whole school; the one who's got her shit together?

Ha. Think again. By the way, I like how her grand plan is to reach the Student Council room without her panties on. Did she expect Shizuru to give her another pair? Or maybe...*blush*...oh me~

Takeda and Reito are then seen discussing returning Tate to the kendo club. Reito suggests that he talk with Shizuru about it, but Takeda fires back that Shizuru is "impossible to talk to" It's the penis, dude. Now panty-less, Natsuki tries to ease her way through the hallways only to run into an awkward Takeda. Takeda tries to greet Natsuki the best he can, but Natsuki's rushed and hostility doesn't help the conservation. Mai and Mikoto show up, only to have Natsuki and Mikoto ready to do battle again. I get why Mikoto would lose her composure at the sight of Natsuki, but did she have to start a fight!? Natsuki too! They were this close to exposing their HiME powers on front of Tak-

o-o *nosebleeds*

Moving on. (Thank you, Mr. Wind)

After an embarrassing exposure (one that Takeda will never forget), Mai allows Natsuki to borrow some underpants. In exchange for information on the HiME and their connection to the school. She tells Mai that the HiME are brought to Fuuka for a purpose and that they're more HiME in the school, although she doesn't know who they are yet. Mikoto reveals that she spotted an Orphan with underwear earlier. This sudden information sends Natsuki into revenge mode. LOL! Meanwhile, Takeda still can't get his mind off what he saw earlier. And why not? That is a beautiful image to us men. :)

Aw yiss! The birth of 'bubuzuke'. I can't spoil this scene, even for a review. All I can say for now is that this is the moment where we learn about Haruka's rivalry with Shizuru. A rivalry Shizuru is not aware of and could care less about.

OH lady fumi, LET'S TALK LINDEN BAUM! Only the greatest cafe/restaurant in all of anime history! LOL! First we find out that Akane Higurashi works there with her boyfriend, Kazuya. A loud crash later and we meet Midori Sugiura. Midori is a new maid employee at Linden Baum, who isn't used to this kind of manual labor. Mai also works there as a part time job and the first thing she does is help the clumsy Midori. Meanwhile at Fuka Academy, Haruka Suzushiro's entire security team are creating perimeters around the school, in hopes of catching the panty thief. Takeda is seen walking until he hears rustling from the bushes. The Panty Orphan jumps at him and surprisingly, Takeda blocked his pounce! I love the blaring music by Yuki Kajiura for this very simple scene. One of the greatest composers of our time. Now, even though Takeda managed to protect himself, the Panty Orphan left him with a little surprise. A panty (that looks like it was owned by a *very* young student drops on his head. The security team catches him red handed, much to Haruka's pleasure. News of this breaks out to Tate and he's just as surprised as everyone else. You know what's more surprising? Natsuki AND Shizuru stick up for Takeda! It's told to us that he's been taken to the chapel to be dealt with. I just LOVE Shizuru and Natsuki's reaction to this decision by the committee. As if he's being executed! XD Well, when you have two religious nuts lecture you that the devil (best known to Yukariko as"The Passions of Youth" ) is at work, you feel like you're going through a fate worse than death.

Natsuki seeks Nagi out and demands to know where she can find the Panty Orphan. He tells her that Orphans, like CHILDs, can be drawn to HiME. So why not feed it what it wants? Immediately cut to Mai discovering a whole mess of underwear, lingerie and even a body suit?! Natsuki, I mean, the "interested party" has everything perfectly set up for the panty Orphan. Haruka is offended by the idea seeing how it wasn't hers, but she is willing to go along with it. You got to hand it to Yukino for keeping Suzushiro on a lease. That night, with everyone on the look out (except for Shizuru who's having Ikeza wet dreams), there's no way the panty Orphan can get away this time! No wait...THERE IT IS! The funny thing is, it shows up right in Natsuki's face! As if the damn thing was taunting her. Natsuki chases after the Orphan with Duran as Mai and Mikoto tag along. The Panty Orphan somehow emerges with an entire army that attack Duran and merge together to become a huge Orphan. The girls show up in time to help and Natsuki actually manages to defeat the Panty Orphan with a direct shot from Duran's Silver Catridge blast. Job well done for the HiME! Though a grave loss for Natsuki's entire collection of Victoria Secret pieces. Wink

This was a Natsuki Kuga episode, plain and simple. I love it. We get to know more about Natsuki and her Tsundere personality that truly emerges in this episode. It's comforting to know such a badass could have many personal flaws. We even get a lot of fanservice in the episode as a result of Natsuki's quest to destroy the panty Orphan. Natsuki really is beautiful, making her underwear antics fun to watch.

+ PANTIES!
+ We learn a bit more about Natsuki
+ Very funny episode
- Filler episode
+ But a GOOD filler episode!

Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind Vlcsna51
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind Empty Re: Mai-HiME Episode 4: Mischief of the Wind

Post by franticfranz Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Episode 4: Prank of the Wind

This one never fails to make me laugh.

At the start of the episode, it seemed that it's just a normal day for them. Mai almost falls asleep during class. Whoops! I kinda feel guilty of that. Haha. It seemed like a normal day--that is until we see that scene of Mikoto seeing that orphan (making that weird squeaking sound) with a piece of underwear on its head. The first time I watched it 5 or 6 years ago, I was like, "Uh, was that a bra I saw there?" And then there comes the scene of the girls in the locker room finding out they're missing their underwear. Turns out Natsuki was no exception. We all know what happened in the next few scenes. Also, Mai finally gets to learn from Natsuki that HiME’s are being assembled for something else apart from fighting the orphans. There seems to be a large scheme going on here...hmmm.

This episode also showed us the first time Mai, Natsuki and Mikoto work together to catch the lingerie stealing orphan. Of course, there’s Haruka and Yukino watching outside. I’m pretty sure Haruka still felt skeptical if that whole lingerie trap would ever work. And the sleeping Kaichou’s really cute!

Overall, episode 4 is a fun watch. Kuga-centric as well, with the Omake at the end of the episode. ^_^
franticfranz
franticfranz
Pearl Otome
Pearl Otome

Bubuzuke points : 2192
Armitage GUTS!!! : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:01 pm

franticfranz wrote:
Overall, episode 4 is a fun watch. Kuga-centric as well, with the Omake at the end of the episode. ^_^

Haha, very Kuga-centric! I enjoyed the fact that Sunrise used comedy to further Natsuki as a character. It takes the serious weight off her a bit. If she were just "the serious one", Natsuki would be one dimensional. This episode really humanized her a lot and the best part is that she never loses that badass-ness!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:18 am

One of the very few episodes that managed to make me lol so much Natsuki Kruger2 I was as confused as Franz when that trollface-like Orphan appeared with a bra, and then the girls were blabbing about that their underwear is missing. That moment on I knew the episode was gonna be incredibly good XD And of course I lol'd SO much about Natsuki's exposing incident!

Episode 4 basically explains real Japanese comedy in 25 minutes. All the more reason why Mai-HiME is gold :) It's one of the very few shows in general that managed to make me laugh so hard, which is really difficult for me to do when watching whatever :)
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:30 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I enjoyed the fact that Sunrise used comedy to further Natsuki as a character. It takes the serious weight off her a bit. If she were just "the serious one", Natsuki would be one dimensional. This episode really humanized her a lot and the best part is that she never loses that badass-ness!
I completely agree=)

And, actually, after this episode my opinion of her had changed and Natsuki had me completely charmed=)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:07 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:I completely agree=)

And, actually, after this episode my opinion of her had changed and Natsuki had me completely charmed=)

Tsundere are usually quite charming. Just as long as they look older than they should, like Natsuki. I'm probably the only anime fan not charmed by female characters from Lucky Star or the typical Touhou rubbish. ^^; Give me Natsuki, Mai, Akane, or just about any Sailor Senshi that isn't Chibi-usa.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Tsundere are usually quite charming.
I do not think Natsuki can be considered a tsundere in the full sense of the term...

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Give me Natsuki, Mai, Akane, or just about any Sailor Senshi that isn't Chibi-usa.
=)
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:55 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:I do not think Natsuki can be considered a tsundere in the full sense of the term...

Natsuki Kruger2 Think so? Let me set up a thread for that discussion.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down