Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome

+9
sarcastic-dog
IlliterateKoi
SpiralDasher
she-ga-roo
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Ris
Amaya
Chaglette
Luu Sky Sapphire
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rate the fashion sense of the Mai-Multiverse

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]
The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vote_lcap227%The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 11 ]
The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vote_lcap251%The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 51% 
[ 21 ]
The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 41

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Empty Re: The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:55 pm

This topic was inspired on me? o_o PFFT, I NEVER LIKED SHIZURU'S SWIMSUITS ANYWAY.

Well... <_< >_>

In reality I think most of the uniforms, robes and other such things are rather plain, nothing original which hasn't been done before. Although, I've always adored Sakura and Mai's robes. Pfft, the two Princesses, how ironic. Anyhow.

I'm thinking that Sunrise should have gone into a different direction for the actual robes, something more... err... I don't know, firstly, more realistic, would women honestly run around on a battle zone with heeled shoes, I mean, come on, we aren't Bayonetta, and those things kill like hell after a while, and do no help into keeping your balance, especially if you are going to be running around with a gigantic element. o_o Although that would be pretty amazing for the Bayo part... >_> SCREW. ANATOMY. LEGS LONGER THAN YOUR TORSO.

Hmm...

Bayo - Zhang
Jeanne - Nao?

Wait... SELFCEST. ZHANGNAO. Um...

Though a lot of the clothing in Otome seems to have inspiration of Arabic dressing (Sifr era especially), I'm wondering if they should have gone to an Earth nationality of a completely different origin which is usually not centred upon. Although, there is the problem of finding the ones which haven't been used yet, which shall be almost impossible.

The Arabs have a strict dress code, as did the Victorian French and British (I'm sure these three cultures were used as a base for the Garderobe State, and of course some hinted Germanic wording - Garderobe/wardrobe, Meister/master). So let's say using something as a baseline which isn't Arab? Hmm... question is for another strict area of the world which would go well with Europe.

... China? Problem is it isn't original for anime plotline though, but for some reason I can just imagine Garderobe being "The Forbidden City".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_City

I never did like the Garderobe uniforms though, I think it would have been better, and a hell of a lot better if they had kept to the beta version (Sunrise really does love trolling us with making the beta look better, don't they?)

Mai MAiD Uniforms

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Arika-10

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Sara-MAiD

WHAT'S WITH SUNRISE AND THE STUMPY ARMS AND HUGE FEET ANYWAY. But Sara definitely followed in Mai's footsteps in MAiD for wearing shorts under her skirt (in the Otome Butou game, Mai wears shorts under her robe).

The uniforms for HiME are entirely average to me however, they could have done with being a different colour I think.

And...

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Differ10

Top-left: SHIZURU, MIDORI, WHEN DID YOU MATE?! I NEVER HEARD OF THIS TROLLRISE.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Empty Re: The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome

Post by she-ga-roo Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:PFFT, I NEVER LIKED SHIZURU'S SWIMSUITS ANYWAY.

i quote that... shizuru could do better, both of them - fujino and viola.

for the fuuka uniforms... i think they're okay, even if i personally never would wear a skirt on free will. but i think the uniforms from the first year with that damn robbin are just creepy.

personally i like the otome uniforms.
my favorites would be:

chie hallard - it just suits her perfectly! i love it!

shiho huit - MAKI MAKI! @@@ the sculls are epic awesome and unique!

miss maria - simple, but in a awesome way

laula bianchi - like miss maria, simple but awesome on her

juliet nao zhang - i really like the spider web motive on her robe. makes it unique and it suits nao very well. plus the spider web motive looks way better on her than on a certain superhero, bitten by some genetic spider yadda yadda yadda *cough*...

nina wang - but olny with the neptune emerald... the black diamond robe looks like a sac on her Nina Wang
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 am

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:I'm thinking that Sunrise should have gone into a different direction for the actual robes, something more... err... I don't know, firstly, more realistic, would women honestly run around on a battle zone with heeled shoes, I mean, come on, we aren't Bayonetta, and those things kill like hell after a while, and do no help into keeping your balance, especially if you are going to be running around with a gigantic element. o_o Although that would be pretty amazing for the Bayo part... >_> SCREW. ANATOMY. LEGS LONGER THAN YOUR TORSO

Hmm, well let's see...

Bayonetta battled armies of angels in heels...
Sailor Mars battled armies of Daimon and tried to hold Pharaoh 90 at bay in heels...
Shizuru Viola took on Grand Duke Nagi's army in Mai-Otome...
Mireille Bouquet from Noir can kill about a hundred agents in her high heeled boots..
Agent Aika can take down and reveal the pantsu of several thousand stock girls trying to kill her.

XD My point is, we can't really point fingers at the fact that animated women use heels in battle. It just looks sexier~

How would you personally redesign the robes, Wolvy? :) Or were they fine, just give them different footwear? XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Only good clothing design I like in both series: corset/long coat/capri pants combo. *____*
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:58 am

she-ga-roo wrote:for the fuuka uniforms... i think they're okay, even if i personally never would wear a skirt on free will.

Damn straight >:DD
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't really have any fashion sense whatsoever but, what Mai and Mikoto were wearing in ep.12 was god awful, this was the only picture I could find but still ¬.¬

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Mai-hime93

And what Shizuru wore in one of the very last scenes (when Haruka spazes out because she got beat again lol) was also pretty bad -_-

I love the Otome robes :3 Sara Gallagher's is one of my faves <3
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:22 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:And what Shizuru wore in one of the very last scenes (when Haruka spazes out because she got beat again lol) was also pretty bad -_-

To quote Emily Blunt:

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vlcsna70

IlliterateKoi wrote:I love the Otome robes :3 Sara Gallagher's is one of my faves <3

:3 Sara Gallagher had pretty nice casual wear:

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vlcsna71
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
IlliterateKoi wrote:And what Shizuru wore in one of the very last scenes (when Haruka spazes out because she got beat again lol) was also pretty bad -_-

To quote Emily Blunt:

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vlcsna70

IlliterateKoi wrote:I love the Otome robes :3 Sara Gallagher's is one of my faves <3

:3 Sara Gallagher had pretty nice casual wear:

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Vlcsna71

Pfft, I absolutely adore Sara and Juliet's casual outfits, though, I really do wish media would do more to make things a little more natural for battles. <_< >_> But you never know really.

nao lick Eventually women in battle won't be wearing anything whilst men will be wearing bulky armour which'll cover them entirely.

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:
nao lick Eventually women in battle won't be wearing anything whilst men will be wearing bulky armour which'll cover them entirely.

...I wouldn't complain Wink
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Right at the moment I must say that there are only a very few clothes and robes I did like in Mai Otome.

1rst will always be that frigging cool blue coat (I'm a sucker for those...)
though I would have givin it a slightly more military feel. It looks to
generic a windbloom coat to be something special.
2nd almost every outfit Mashiro usebathsuit d to wear (again with the coat ^^
the was horrible though...*shivers*

I absolutly hate the schooluniforms...I know there is to be a theme around there with the maids....but they look awful. Plus you can't take someone seriuos when the person is wearin that....

Regareding Mai Hime...looked do-able....Mai's kitchen-outfit ...I wouldn't sell that to anybody and I didn't like the school uniform skirts....the jackets were kinda cool though, but I would have wanted them in black like in the manga.
It simply looks better...^^

sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:26 pm

IlliterateKoi wrote:
Twisted Eternal Wolvetta wrote:

...I wouldn't complain Wink

I second this. Cue cliche fangirl reaction:

kawaiidesuplz

sarcastic-dog wrote:I absolutly hate the schooluniforms...I know there is to be a theme around there with the maids....but they look awful. Plus you can't take someone seriuos when the person is wearin that....

Haha, true that. The Coral uniforms were the most prime example for that. It's tough to take a lot of anime costumes seriously until you see that character in action. Who knew a ditzy magical girl in a skirt would have more power than a ditzy blonde hair saiyan...

sarcastic-dog wrote:Regareding Mai Hime...looked do-able....Mai's kitchen-outfit ...I wouldn't sell that to anybody and I didn't like the school uniform skirts....the jackets were kinda cool though, but I would have wanted them in black like in the manga.
It simply looks better...^^

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 PDVD_099
The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 PDVD_092
The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 PDVD_091

Natsuki Kuga's alternative looked much better. *I think* she was the only Fuuka Academy student who left her shirt unbuttoned and had a hoodie. Don't remember. @_@
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 am

Right now I'm still working on a make-over for the school in a story which I (hopefully) posting some day.
The pictures are in progress and right now I'm working on the suits and the color-codes of the five columns. (one picture and all 5 in it. XD )
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 pm

sarcastic-dog wrote:Right now I'm still working on a make-over for the school in a story which I (hopefully) posting some day.
The pictures are in progress and right now I'm working on the suits and the color-codes of the five columns. (one picture and all 5 in it. XD )

:3 WIPs are good enough for now. If it's okay, I'd very much like to see them. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:35 pm

The only probable outfit I would wear out of the series is Miyu's from Otome.

That is one BADASS duster coat.

Miyu
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:42 am

depression76 wrote:The only probable outfit I would wear out of the series is Miyu's from Otome.

Miyu

Miyu makes the desert bandit style work!

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Natsuki%20kruger%2011%20otome%2017 : OI! WHAT ABOUT MY COAT!? It's way more awesome than Miyu's.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:33 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:The only probable outfit I would wear out of the series is Miyu's from Otome.

Miyu

Miyu makes the desert bandit style work!

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Natsuki%20kruger%2011%20otome%2017 : OI! WHAT ABOUT MY COAT!? It's way more awesome than Miyu's.

but miyu looked more badass in hers... sorry natsuki. 8)
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 pm

she-ga-roo wrote:but miyu looked more badass in hers... sorry natsuki. 8)

I think the hat makes Miyu's overall look work. Give Natsuki her Alucard hat, and then we'll try this again. ;p
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
she-ga-roo wrote:but miyu looked more badass in hers... sorry natsuki. 8)

I think the hat makes Miyu's overall look work. Give Natsuki her Alucard hat, and then we'll try this again. ;p

wait, wait, before that give her his badass guns too instead of this fake-selas victooria gun.
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:40 pm

bump

While going through my photo dump of screen shots, I found one of my favorite outfits for Mai Tokiha:

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Mai_to12

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Mai_to13

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Mai_to14

The shirt over the halter top look is very sexy, along with her tight jeans. Now I'm not picky about what a girl should wear or carry around, but I must say I love seeing Mai with a purse. Makes her look a lot more feminine. :3

As a bonus, I do enjoy seeing Mai Tokiha in her PJs too:

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Mai_to15

The Clothing and Fashion of Mai-HiME/Otome - Page 2 Mai_to16

Not fashionable, but if I'm gonna have a hot night with Tokiha...who cares! I mean it's basically like rip those babies off and get busy!!! Mikoto Minagi
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:01 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Not fashionable, but if I'm gonna have a hot night with Tokiha...who cares! I mean it's basically like rip those babies off and get busy!!! Mikoto Minagi

With how tight the top is you don't even need to rip anything off. It doesn't leave much to the imagination, not that it's a bad thing.

I like those unfashionable PJ's... mmmm :L

Especially when it focuses in on her buttoning it up and you see her boobs smoosh together. Best PJ's ever. 10/10 (for that reason alone)
Twi
Twi
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 91
Armitage GUTS!!! : 20

https://www.facebook.com/piccu.pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13 am

Twi wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

With how tight the top is you don't even need to rip anything off. It doesn't leave much to the imagination, not that it's a bad thing.

I like those unfashionable PJ's... mmmm :L

Especially when it focuses in on her buttoning it up and you see her boobs smoosh together. Best PJ's ever. 10/10 (for that reason alone)

;3 You got the right idea, Shannon! I don't know why, but seeing her all down and contemplative is kind of a turn on. All she needs is for me to pull her PJ pants down, have her spread those legs and let me feast on her. :) The violet eyed goddess needs to relax after a tough day.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:49 pm

The fashion in Mai Otome is rather interesting and I kind of consider it a little... much. I mean, I like simple things. Then again, most of the otome shots were of royalty people, and they have to be extra... not simple.

HiME fashion is more like my cup of tea... though I can't really picture myself wearing much of what they wear. Maybe what the guys wear... since I prefer men clothing over women clothing. >.>;;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:51 pm

ookamidesu wrote:The fashion in Mai Otome is rather interesting and I kind of consider it a little... much. I mean, I like simple things. Then again, most of the otome shots were of royalty people, and they have to be extra... not simple.

HiME fashion is more like my cup of tea... though I can't really picture myself wearing much of what they wear. Maybe what the guys wear... since I prefer men clothing over women clothing. >.>;;

Notice how it always looks warm and sunny in Windbloom City? It made me think, aren't the Coral students sweating bullets in those uniforms? o.o

HiME fashion is more practical, no doubt about it. But I don't know about those khaki pants the guys wear. I'm more of a blue jeans male myself.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
ookamidesu wrote:The fashion in Mai Otome is rather interesting and I kind of consider it a little... much. I mean, I like simple things. Then again, most of the otome shots were of royalty people, and they have to be extra... not simple.

Notice how it always looks warm and sunny in Windbloom City? It made me think, aren't the Coral students sweating bullets in those uniforms? o.o

HiME fashion is more practical, no doubt about it. But I don't know about those khaki pants the guys wear. I'm more of a blue jeans male myself.

Me too. I'm more of a jeans person myself, but khakis aren't so bad if I only have to wear them for school/work. >.>;

Dressing up on the other hand? Ugh. Such a pain.
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 am

ookamidesu wrote:Me too. I'm more of a jeans person myself, but khakis aren't so bad if I only have to wear them for school/work. >.>;

Dressing up on the other hand? Ugh. Such a pain.

Dressing up is a no no for Dye. Both Puppeh and Deppeh expressed more interest in wearing men boxers than panties. I don't know if you qualify yourself as a tomboy too (like Okuzaki...), but it seems all three of you share that mentality about women's clothing. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next