Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME]

+20
Wolf-of-Wind
Natsuki-chan
WorthyDrummer
Kuga Natsuki
SpiralDasher
GAP
Magus Phantalus
IlliterateKoi
Ice Silver Crystal
Mai_Tokiha
sarcastic-dog
Hohoemu
GoldenSun13
Konaxookami
raynejan
Lerena
Artemis0820
Amaya
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 2 Empty Re: Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME]

Post by Hohoemu Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:16 am

I've got a psychologist soul =3 Experience showed me that analysing people's behaviour in the light of their family background and story is generally the best way to understand them. I personaly have no problem with my father but I've never been really at ease with men and even boys of my age so I can understand a bit of Natsuki's feelings X)
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 2 Empty Re: Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Hohoemu wrote:I've got a psychologist soul =3 Experience showed me that analysing people's behaviour in the light of their family background and story is generally the best way to understand them. I personaly have no problem with my father but I've never been really at ease with men and even boys of my age so I can understand a bit of Natsuki's feelings X)

lol Thanks a lot, I feel so much better now. ;p I know what you mean though....I think.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:44 am

Pleased to help you, Luu-sama =)
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:23 am

I would agree with both Hohemu and Rayne.

Personal experience says that she's just awkward around men because of different things happening in her youth. (Daddy issues and other things) Remember we don't really know what happened in between Natuski no prelude and Mai Hime. It only says so much about her fight with Mikoto.
There could have been a lot in that time.

Regarding her situation with Shizuru I would say if she's not a lesbian than she's bi with a heavy lean towards women. She tends to avoid guys when she's at school which gives a lot to think about. Also if what Rayne says would be true she clearly lives in fear of exposure (her reaction to Reito when he came into the council room and she was sitting on the desk) but also is wise enough to make no statements in that regard.
Could it be she had a crush on Shizuru when they first met? Could be a possiblity and would explain her akwardness with the situation when others are around.

I hope nobody lynches me for this but I guess she would have gone along with Takeda ( as friends! ) just fine if he just knew how to quit... also that guy doesn't really have the best luck.

There's a lot of ambigitous (I hope I spelled it right) material with her. Especially the camera movements in her scene give a lot away.

In the end I'd say she's a mix between all three different theories. At least she's not straight.

sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 am

Crush on Shizuru...hmm, I don't think so since Natsuki says often enough that she doesn't have anyone to care about. I believe she really only realizes that Shiz is important to her on the roof when she's defending Nao.

After I rewatched Mai HiME for the xxxx time I have to say Natsuki is sometimes acting awkwards towards Takeda and she can be girlish at times.
I mean she's always blushing around him and acting like she feels flattered and would even consider the possibilty if she wasn't busy in her mission. But I think she looked adorable when Takeda fell on her on the beach. Anyhow, nobody knows for sure. I still say she's just a person who is seach of trust. She's someone who falls for a persons character and not gender
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 am

That is also true...me guess Miss Kuga is complicated. ^^
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Just complicated enough to be interesting =)
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:47 pm

Amaya wrote:She's someone who falls for a persons character and not gender

That's what I like to believe. ^_^ Reason why I fawn over Natsuki Kuga without holding back, because I know it takes the right kind of man to win her affections.

Shizuru on the other hand...*shakes her hand* that's as far as it goes.

Me: Thank God.
Shizuru Kaichou : Thank gawd~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 am

Come to think of it that makes Nao much more a lesbian than Natsuki cause she really has a hatred towards men Shiho Huit
Amaya
Amaya

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:49 am

Amaya wrote:Come to think of it that makes Nao much more a lesbian than Natsuki cause she really has a hatred towards men Shiho Huit

Nao Yuuki Indeed. I think Nao just needs to jump out of that closet and steal Natsuki away from Shizuru. ;_; Happiness awaits.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mai_Tokiha Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Wow both sides have good arguments :)

My opinion is that since Natsuki lost her mom, she was always too full of anger for the world (on that flash back she said that she won't trust anybody from now on) and too busy fighting and plotting, that she has never enough time to think seriously about her personal life, untill she found out that she is Shizuru's most important person. That really started putting thoughts into her head about love, affection etc.
But the way Shizuru proclaimed her love (by killing others), scared Natsuki even more and made her to withdraw more into her lonely world (she told her teacher, that she prefers not to know what love is, or something similar).

I admit that she was blushing a lot with Takeda on that beach scene, but who wouldn't,lol. I mean it was an embarrassing moment, I blush a lot too, through those moments ^^;; , but that doesn't mean I'm interested in guys.
On the other hand she seems to trust and care a lot for Shizuru (she didn't told her she was a hime, so Shizuru would be safe, btw that was so sweet of her ^.^) But that doesn't mean she's a lesbian.

To sum up, if I hadn't read all these doujin, I would think that they've ended up as close friends (even though Shizuru would gladly take their friendship into the next level Wink ), but now I'm too biased and I want to believe that they've become a couple after a few months or so.

So, Natsuki's sexual preferences will remain a mystery, like bermuda triangle. We can only speculate, we can't be sure about it. But that's what makes her more and more interesting Wink
Mai_Tokiha
Mai_Tokiha
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 82
Armitage GUTS!!! : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Mai_Tokiha wrote:Wow both sides have good arguments :)

My opinion is that since Natsuki lost her mom, she was always too full of anger for the world (on that flash back she said that she won't trust anybody from now on) and too busy fighting and plotting, that she has never enough time to think seriously about her personal life, untill she found out that she is Shizuru's most important person. That really started putting thoughts into her head about love, affection etc.
But the way Shizuru proclaimed her love (by killing others), scared Natsuki even more and made her to withdraw more into her lonely world (she told her teacher, that she prefers not to know what love is, or something similar).

I admit that she was blushing a lot with Takeda on that beach scene, but who wouldn't,lol. I mean it was an embarrassing moment, I blush a lot too, through those moments ^^;; , but that doesn't mean I'm interested in guys.
On the other hand she seems to trust and care a lot for Shizuru (she didn't told her she was a hime, so Shizuru would be safe, btw that was so sweet of her ^.^) But that doesn't mean she's a lesbian.

To sum up, if I hadn't read all these doujin, I would think that they've ended up as close friends (even though Shizuru would gladly take their friendship into the next level Wink ), but now I'm too biased and I want to believe that they've become a couple after a few months or so.

So, Natsuki's sexual preferences will remain a mystery, like bermuda triangle. We can only speculate, we can't be sure about it. But that's what makes her more and more interesting Wink

Nice to see you here, Mai! :)

Nobody's opinion is wrong, especially when it comes to Natsuki. I now believe she is an even greater mystery than Shizuru herself, just shows how diverse she is as a character. Thank you for sharing your opinion, Mai.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:45 am

Natsuki herself says she prefers not to understand love, and I think she actually doesn't understand her feelings towards Shizuru. I guess she loves her but can't see it.
But she finally understand that nobody can live alone and without love and friendship.

As for Takeda, I don't think she could ever be interested in him, she just feels eal at ease and embarrassed because of the incidents between them, as anyone would probably be I guess. She never shows any kind of interest to Tate or Reito neither, she's just cold and formal when talking to them (and it seems she tries not to have anything to do with them as long as she could).
On the contary, she's more and more friendly and cool with Mai and Mikoto -no need to talk about Shizuru X). Maybe she just feels closer to women, but it is a sign for me (personal experience one again).
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 am

And remember her normal conversations with men like Sakomizu, Yamada and Tate is strictly business.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:35 pm

If she had no wish to get revenge she wouldn't have any contacts with men -apart from those she can't avoid talking to at scholl, but she would try not to have to I guess...
What's more, the HiME are all girls (waow, so logical!!X3), and they're kind of linked to each other by that fate of theirs. So this makes her generak relationship with girls more important.

(Just want to add that Garderobe is encouraging serious relationship between girls as there's no chance for them to loose their powers this way...)
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:07 am

That is somewhat true, and seeing how Mai-Otome (as a whole) constantly implies that it's a distant sequel to Mai-HiME, the bond between girls is critical. Though I do sigh in relief to know certain HiME aren't bound by this fate like Yukariko (see that belly at the end of episode 26?), Akane, Akira and Shiho. If we learned anything from Mai, we open up and choose our own path in the end. :) Natsuki did this too.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:26 am

Akira-kun is a different case as she is supposed to be a boy... But as a HiME she is very "solo", and Shiho is revealed as a HiME because of her hate and jealousy.
As for Yukariko, she's such a strange person...
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Hohoemu wrote:As for Yukariko, she's such a strange person...

Understatement of the year. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:25 am

I finished my review of the whole Mai HiME serie a few days ago so it confirmed what I thought about her being strange X3
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 18, 2012 11:32 am

bump

Decided to bump this again after watching a video of a lesbian girl on YouTube ranting about labels, it got me thinking of this. Natsuki, even now, doesn't strike me as a girl who believes strongly in labels. The lone wolf had more important things to worry about during the course of her stay at Fuuka. Still, her comfort level around Shizuru is staggering.

Newer members, what do you think? It's been a while since this was discussed. Alyssa bird
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Fri May 18, 2012 4:36 pm

She believes in nothing but revenge...
But when you think of it, she seems to considerr both guys and girls the same way, as she has no feelings for anyone (or at least tries not to) they're just people.
In the end I think she's just a girl doesn't know and doesn't even want to know about love and feelings and eventually discovers loving someone in any way is not a bad thing.

I guess she believes love makes us weak, but she will learn it also makes us strong.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ice Silver Crystal Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

i agree with luu-sama. natsuki-san always comfortable with shizuru-san. Mai-san too!
not saying this because i'm Mainat slasher. ._. -feel guilty-
Ice Silver Crystal
Ice Silver Crystal
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy
Kruger Wolf Pack Puppy

Bubuzuke points : 1340
Armitage GUTS!!! : 485

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Hohoemu wrote:She believes in nothing but revenge...
But when you think of it, she seems to considerr both guys and girls the same way, as she has no feelings for anyone (or at least tries not to) they're just people.
In the end I think she's just a girl doesn't know and doesn't even want to know about love and feelings and eventually discovers loving someone in any way is not a bad thing.

I guess she believes love makes us weak, but she will learn it also makes us strong.

Precisely, it all stems from the character development she went through. If you want to really dispute the Shizuru thing, then I can only accept the fact that Natsuki is fresh from accepting love and friendship into her heart post-episode 26. I just feel, if you don't believe ShizNat became canon right then and there, Shizuru has a pretty damn good chance in the future.

Emo Orphan wrote:i agree with luu-sama. natsuki-san always comfortable with shizuru-san. Mai-san too!

Mai is practically Natsuki's BFF, makes sense to me! :'D

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Sat May 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Emo Orphan wrote:i agree with luu-sama. natsuki-san always comfortable with shizuru-san. Mai-san too!

((Why feel guilty? Spread the looovvee~ Wink

Lol, this was the first thread I ever read here...but for some reason I never posted anything XD I'm in a rambling mood, so this could get lengthy/stop making sense Razz

Personally I don't think that Natsuki is a lesbian. Mostly because I don't see her as someone that would use the label to describe herself, even if she was solely interested in girls. But, in all honesty, she comes off as more straight to me anyway.

Let's talk about Takeda...Natsuki's reaction to him is pretty much how some of my friends used to act around their crushes during high school. The aggression comes from being awkward and not knowing how to handle the situation, and although Natsuki has other reasons to blush around the poor guy (courtesy of Panties Orphan~), her embarrassment could also point at her having mixed feelings about him.

I find that there are generally three types of people when it comes to dealing with things like this. Those that are nice to their crush, those that ignore their crush and pretend they don't care, and those that go out of their way to make it seem like they dislike them. I remember when I was younger, there was this boy who lived on my street, and he was really nasty to one of my friends all the time...fast forward several years and he admitted that he'd had a massive crush on her and didn't know what to do about it.

On the other side of things, with her interactions with girls, it doesn't take her long to feel somewhat comfortable around them (eg, Mai), even if she does act differently around them than she does around Shizuru, which is completely normal. I don't act the same with my friends as I do with my best friend, that's why they are my best friend lol

Now, back when I was deep within the closet, my experiences were the exact opposite of Natsuki's; I was uncomfortable around girls and the majority of my friends were guys, because I felt more at ease around them. Which makes sense, if you identify as straight, you're more likely to feel awkward around those of the opposite sex, and if you identify as gay/lesbian, you're more likely to feel uncomfortable around those of the same sex.

It's completely normal for us to have friends of the same sex. And often times, it's seen as strange if a girl mostly hangs about with guys, and vice versa.

All that being said, I don't think that Natsuki had any interest in romance during the HiME series whatsoever, if she had she'd likely have realised about Shizuru's feelings for her sooner. And if we're assuming that she does end up with Shizuru after the series, I don't think that gender would be a factor. I think that Natsuki is the type to fall for the person, regardless of the gender, which does of course mean that had a guy been there for her like Shizuru had, she could have fallen for him in the same way.

There was something else I was going to say but as usual, I've forgotten what it was... so I'll end it here Razz /ramble ))

IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun May 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Vampire Orphan wrote:Let's talk about Takeda...Natsuki's reaction to him is pretty much how some of my friends used to act around their crushes during high school. The aggression comes from being awkward and not knowing how to handle the situation, and although Natsuki has other reasons to blush around the poor guy (courtesy of Panties Orphan~), her embarrassment could also point at her having mixed feelings about him.

Vampire Orphan wrote:I find that there are generally three types of people when it comes to dealing with things like this. Those that are nice to their crush, those that ignore their crush and pretend they don't care, and those that go out of their way to make it seem like they dislike them. I remember when I was younger, there was this boy who lived on my street, and he was really nasty to one of my friends all the time...fast forward several years and he admitted that he'd had a massive crush on her and didn't know what to do about it.

Some people, like Natsuki, have their own way of expressing their feelings. What that boy did is exactly what I did to one of my crushes in middle school. The girl was a frail little book worm with glasses; never spoke during any classes except to answer questions. I was a different person back then and someone like her fascinated me, and the only way to get her attention was to throw paper balls at her and tell bad jokes to her during lunch. XD When I finally saw her get a boyfriend, I felt so defeated. Getting a "normal" or popular girl who slept around was easy, but I couldn't get someone with brains thanks to my inability to handle someone like her. In the end, I was the socially awkward one! I see that with Natsuki as well. With the right attitude, she could get any guy or girl she wants. You saw how much Fuuka students admired her beauty:

Was Natsuki Kuga REALLY a lesbian? [Mai-HiME] - Page 2 PDVD_093

Silly us, we were only meant for a handful of people out there thanks to our personalities. In her case, Shizuru. Nao and Mai if you wanna push the envelope. :}3
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next