Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino?

3 posters

Go down

shizuru - What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? Empty What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:47 pm

HiME What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? HiME

shizuru - What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? Pdvd_071

(( I assure you, this is NOT a Shizuru bashing thread. ;p If anything, our criticisms of her in the past only made her more likable. controversial figures have incredible depth. However, seeing how she is the supposed 'rival' of Haruka, we need to share our feelings on what makes Haruka more unique than the supposedly 'perfect' bubuzuke woman. Shizuru Fujino *sips tea*

I'd like to start with the obvious (going by anime only), during their famous Student Council President election from the 9th omake, Haruka Suzushiro really poured her heart and soul to the entire student body. Was she being over-the-top and came off as strict? YES. You cannot say otherwise, but she showed a lot of enthusiasm for something she took very seriously. Haruka is the type of person who would lose sleep over her well-prepared speech, while Shizuru probably just got up on stage, did her flirtatious smile and said "Ara, please do your best," instantly winning the crowd over. Yukino mentions during the big standoff between Haruka and Shizuru that Haruka always looked up to the bubuzuke woman. Looked up to her why? The popularity? Most fans can agree Shizuru didn't really do much as Student Council President except drink tea and nod her head a lot. When Takeda wanted Tate back in his club, Shizuru responded in a "wellokaysurewhatever" like he was a piece of shit for even bringing it up. XD In short, Haruka tries hard for every single task, big or small. She's a more driven human being with a lot on her shoulders, protecting Yukino and taking care of everyone at Fuka Academy. Shizuru had other goals to achieve ( Natsuki Kuga ). That's one of the things that separates Haruka from her rival, if you can think of anymore, go on ahead. :) ))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

shizuru - What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? Empty Re: What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino?

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:24 am

I saw this thread earlier and I was excited, but a certain gust of wind appeared and I had to wait to reply. But nao is the time!

Ah Suzushiro Haruka and Fujino Shizuru. What a tangled web that weaves for my brain.

In the sense of Haruka looking up to her, I see it. It's a form of jealousy with Shizuru having fangirls at her beck-and-call such as the beach episode where Shizuru had girls putting lotion on her and Haruka noticed and was pouting until she called Yukino over and demanded she put some on her. Yukino had no problem with doing so, but that just shows Haruka can't see what Shizuru can see. Shizuru isn't stupid and knows how Yukino feels and I'm sure had a growing hate of Haruka for having Yukino so ready to sacrifice all for her while her own little love Natsuki was oblivious and didn't feel right in getting any help from poor Shizuru who, though she was more popular by far and had everyone ready to sigh and squeal over her... she lack what Haruka took for granted and that was someone like Yukino. Even at the end of the series you can tell Natsuki has issues with accepting feelings toward Shizuru, not understanding such devoted love. For Shizuru, she couldn't stand Haruka being so oblivious. It sickened her as much as she was envious of Haruka-Chan.

I'll stop this for nao to see what replies occur/anyone else brings up. Hearts!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

shizuru - What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? Empty Re: What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino?

Post by Amaya Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 am

Kagura wrote:Shizuru didn't really do much as Student Council President except drink tea and nod her head a lot. )

You're right on that one but I think we have to consider Natsuki no Prelude here. It's pretty obvious that even that action was something she did for Natsuki. I mean she did that to get Natsuki the needed acces to computer network and I don't really think that Shizuru doesn't care a lot about the school. Well, to be honest Shizuru doesn't care about anything than Natsuki. I mean she's practically ready to anything. Running around, killing, insulting. She would have even killed Mai if Natsuki hadn't stopped her. Of course, Haruka is in this with all her heart but why? Because that's the only thing she can think of. Her mind isn't occupied with any flirtarious things, which leads me to...

MidnightPersona wrote:she lack what Haruka took for granted and that was
someone like Yukino. Even at the end of the series you can tell
Natsuki has issues with accepting feelings toward Shizuru, not
understanding such devoted love. For Shizuru, she couldn't stand Haruka
being so oblivious. It sickened her as much as she was envious of
Haruka-Chan.

After all, I like the Harukino idea BUT do you guys really believe Haruka would accept Yukino's feelings? I mean, she's practically telling Shizuru that she thinks that something like this is disgusting with Yukino standing behind her.

It's basically the same with Natsuki when Mai told her. "You looked like you had no interest in guys, so I was starting to think other things about you." and Natsuki angrily turned around saying: "Don't even joke like that."

To me neither Natsuki nor Haruka seem to be interested in their stalkers at all. But hey, one can always hope shizuru - What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? 2483732699

To sum up, I believe Shizuru and Haruka are alike when it comes to devoting themselves, only their goals are way different ))
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 am

Kuga Natsuki wrote:After all, I like the Harukino idea BUT do you guys really believe Haruka would accept Yukino's feelings? I mean, she's practically telling Shizuru that she thinks that something like this is disgusting with Yukino standing behind her.

Honestly? Yes, I do think Haruka would accept it. I say this because I went through this long, retarded phase of 'Homosexuality is wrong' when it was more me just fearing my own homosexual thoughts and tendency's and trying to be religious for my best friend (whom I was also in love with, lucky girl. :p). Haruka would be shocked and confused at first and I could honestly see her running away from Yukino, but I think she'd find out by reading a journal or something of Yukino's. Haruka reminds me of, well, me on that front. Honestly, thoughtout the entire series I honestly thought Haruka was gonna jump Yukino at some point. I think, no, I know... she's as deeply in love with Yukino as Yukino is her. Same with Natsuki and Shizuru. Sadly for most of us it's their Otome incarnates that show these feelings...

I just see Haruka as the kind of girl to want to be perfect and not be considered strange, but I don't honestly believe she could reject Yukino, not for long at least because her own feelings would show more-so because she'd think back to all her and Yukino have done. I mean, who can resist Kikukawa-San? I know I wouldn't!
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:12 am

MidnightPersona wrote:Sadly for most of us it's their Otome incarnates that show these feelings...

((I am with you on that one. It would have been more interesting to have a sequel on Mai HiME and the character developments because nao we can only speculate if Haruka and Natsuki would have returned the feelings and if Nao would finally admit that she has the hots for Natsuki.))

Last edited by Kuga Natsuki on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 am

I think it's more than speculation. I mean, their Otome incarnates are essential the exact same characters with same personality traits, etc. Especially Haruka. It shows to me that Haruka would have or sure returned Yukino's in My-HiME. I see the HiME/Otome versions as 'Same shit, different day' style. A sequel to HiME would be awesome though, especially them getting their powers back. Perhaps even with more people having powers too, eh? (Such as Haruka :hearts:)
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:03 am

MidnightPersona wrote:I mean, their Otome incarnates are essential the exact same characters with same personality traits, etc.

((I don't think this goes for Natsuki at all. To me she is utterly boring in Mai Otome. Haruka is cool yeah but Yukino is also not same like in Mai HiME, she is a lot cooler more mature. Shizuru is the same tease as ever right but a lot worse than in Mai HiME (look at the Tomoe action) and Nao is also more caring (or let's better say she has the chance to finally show more of her kind nature)))
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Kuga Natsuki wrote:She would have even killed Mai if Natsuki hadn't stopped her.

(( I don't know about that. ^_~ In my opinion, Mai would utterly destroy Shizuru easily. But we can save that discussion for another time. You're right about taking Natsuki no Prelude into consideration (as it's canon), but Haruka remains more passionate when it comes to school itself. Being passionate in general? Both her and the 'bubuzuke woman' go hand in hand in their field of interest.

Kuga Natsuki wrote:It's basically the same with Natsuki when Mai told her. "You looked like you had no interest in guys, so I was starting to think other things about you." and Natsuki angrily turned around saying: "Don't even joke like that."

To me neither Natsuki nor Haruka seem to be interested in their stalkers at all. But hey, one can always hope shizuru - What separates Haruka Suzushiro from Shizuru Fujino? 2483732699

That is another subject I'd like to bring up next once I'm done with this thread. For nao, let's just lay facts on the table here, both Natsuki and Haruka never expressed sexual interest in other women, not even subtle attraction. Natsuki blushed at the flirtiness of Shizuru and Haruka blushes whenever Yukino gets into her usual emotional-supportive mode. Just simple embarrassment, I guess. I'm convinced they don't think about romance at all, they never really experienced it so when it does hit them between the eyes, they don't know how to react. Like Natsuki did with Shizuru in the epic 25th episode, I'm sure Haruka would understand to some degree. She wouldn't accept Yukino's feelings right away, but in time, anything can happen.

To sum up, I believe Shizuru and Haruka are alike when it comes to devoting themselves, only their goals are way different ))

100% agreed on this.

MidnightPersona wrote:Honestly? Yes, I do think Haruka would accept it. I say this because I went through this long, retarded phase of 'Homosexuality is wrong' when it was more me just fearing my own homosexual thoughts and tendency's and trying to be religious for my best friend (whom I was also in love with, lucky girl. :p). Haruka would be shocked and confused at first and I could honestly see her running away from Yukino, but I think she'd find out by reading a journal or something of Yukino's. Haruka reminds me of, well, me on that front. Honestly, thoughtout the entire series I honestly thought Haruka was gonna jump Yukino at some point. I think, no, I know... she's as deeply in love with Yukino as Yukino is her. Same with Natsuki and Shizuru. Sadly for most of us it's their Otome incarnates that show these feelings...

I just see Haruka as the kind of girl to want to be perfect and not be considered strange, but I don't honestly believe she could reject Yukino, not for long at least because her own feelings would show more-so because she'd think back to all her and Yukino have done. I mean, who can resist Kikukawa-San? I know I wouldn't!

This all came off as wishful thinking, yet I have to agree with Raven for one main reason: Haruka's integrity. She's a woman of good morals beneath the brash exterior who wouldn't tear down homosexuality when it's arrived at her own door step. It's easy to point fingers at Shizuru for catching her lip locking with a sleeping Kuga, it takes an open mind to truly take in your own best friend confessing her love to you. As I stated before, Haruka would need time to let it all sink in and know that returning Yukino's feelings is not only the right thing to do, it's what she really wants. The way SUNRISE molded Haruka, no other guy or girl from Fuka would want to be with her.

Kuga Natsuki wrote:((I don't think this goes for Natsuki at all. To me she is utterly boring in Mai Otome. Haruka is cool yeah but Yukino is also not same like in Mai HiME, she is a lot cooler more mature. Shizuru is the same tease as ever right but a lot worse than in Mai HiME (look at the Tomoe action) and Nao is also more caring (or let's better say she has the chance to finally show more of her kind nature)))

Natsuki's character in Mai-Otome was turned upside completely. XD Una Shamrock was a Gakuenchou too and she did a lot more in three episodes than Natsuki did in 26.))
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down