Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language]

3 posters

Go down

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Empty Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:05 pm

Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi

Disclaimer: Attention Mai-Multiverse Valkyries and Einherjar, starting today I will be posting the written translations of the Mai-HiME Omakes one-by-one on a daily basis. This is to contrast Ruby-chan's Mai-Otome omake translations from the Mai Otome/Zwei/0~S.ifr~ forum. These individual threads for each omake will serve as discussion or to contribute translations in other languages, using the English translations (which I am providing) as a guide. Again, you are welcome to post translations of the topic omake in your country's language here or simply comment on the omake itself.
Completely up to you.

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Akane_10

Hey, Kazu. Do you remember when we first started going out?

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Akane610
akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Akane210

Sorry to call you out like this all of a sudden. I've never been in your class but I've always had my eye on you, Kazuya. Uh, I'm sorry! I guess I can't blame you for being so surprised. But I wanted to let you know how I felt. So, thanks for listening! Bye!

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Akane310
akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Akane410

What? But I'm just a. No. That's not it. I'm just happy.

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Akane510

That's why I decided that I would talk to Kazu and tell him everything at the festival tomorrow. To tell him all the things I couldn't say before.

Source translation: Bandai Entertainment

BONUS: Mai-HiME Omake VIII [English Dub]

Akane recalls her confession of love to Kazuya.

Morgan Partridge as Akane Higurashi

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Empty Re: Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language]

Post by Abicion Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:43 am

And then it never amounted to anything other than Abicion being a very, very bitter fanboy because Miyu had to go off and be a Context-Sensitive Terminator.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Empty Re: Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language]

Post by Highman Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:33 am

Abicion wrote:And then it never amounted to anything other than Abicion being a very, very bitter fanboy because Miyu had to go off and be a Context-Sensitive Terminator.

Miyu always picked on one dimensional characters
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Akane is a character who's gentle and cuddly and lovey dovey when she's with her man, but angry and determined when she's on the battlefield. How is that one dimensional? In a story that's supposed to be about how love can become dangerous, who made the call that the one character who's actually in love (and not part of some prolonged "Ohhh who does she love more?" / "Is she really in love?" / "Will she ever bring herself to admit it?" teenage soap opera) is unrelated to the story's goal?

The only reason Akane wasn't developed further is because that would have actually taken effort on the writer's part, and hey when does effort ever pay off when we can just rely on mindless shock value and have Miyu basically kill her off for no reason?

One dimensional is more like Shizuru. The only time she has any sort of characterization, it's "Hey Sunrise thought I needed some more votes on the popularity poll, so I'm just going to be invincible and go on a pointless killing spree nao." It would have actually been an improvement if Miyu had gotten rid of her in episode 2.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Abicion wrote:One dimensional is more like Shizuru. The only time she has any sort of characterization, it's "Hey Sunrise thought I needed some more votes on the popularity poll, so I'm just going to be invincible and go on a pointless killing spree nao." It would have actually been an improvement if Miyu had gotten rid of her in episode 2.

Makes me wonder why Miyu didn't eliminate Shizuru instead. Paid off by SUNRISE? The company who made Akane a certifiable jobber? Higurashi-san is the Bryan Danielson of the Mai-Series after all. Talent getting the shaft. ^^;
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:05 pm

If Canon Akane is Daniel Bryan, does that mean in all those stories I keep writing where Akane is an underdog fighter who's willing to make enemies and do some arguably unsavory things to make her dreams come true, she's The Miz?

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Outofcharacter

my gawd.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Abicion wrote:If Canon Akane is Daniel Bryan, does that mean in all those stories I keep writing where Akane is an underdog fighter who's willing to make enemies and do some arguably unsavory things to make her dreams come true, she's The Miz?

akane - Mai-HiME Omake VIII: Akane Higurashi [Multi-Language] Outofcharacter

my gawd.

AWWESOMMMEEEEEEEEE!
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down