Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

+12
burande fujino
ookamidesu
GoldenSun13
Midori Sugiura99
Lerena
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
Kara
Highman
Chaglette
Luu Sky Sapphire
Amaya
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

Post by Kiros Razer Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:48 pm

I use Zodiac in my personal stories and I find it seems to fit how some of the characters mentioned behave.
Looking up the traits of their zodiac gives you an idea too.

According to the Zodiac Mai x Mikoto,
Natsuki x Shizuru are compatible.

Tate has a November birthday like Mikoto, but I never cared for him, really.

I do believe the zodiac is used in personality..
definitely not element.. or Natsuki would be of Fire.. and Mai would be of something related to water.

Yukariko is a Capricorn like me? D:
I didn't like her or Wataru  the painter guy.

Sorry if I stated something obvious.. my attention span is that of a monkey!
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 730
Armitage GUTS!!! : 112

http://kirosrazer.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

Post by Kuga Natsuki Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 pm

They say the Japanese are very symbolic and whatnot, so I do think that they use astrology as inspiration. I mean if you think about it, most of the character's Zodiac signs do match their personalities :) I could go into more details, but I won't, because some people just don't believe in astrology :3
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki
Space Samurai Marshall Banana

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:04 am

Nymphetamine wrote:They say the Japanese are very symbolic and whatnot, so I do think that they use astrology as inspiration. I mean if you think about it, most of the character's Zodiac signs do match their personalities hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? - Page 3 Icon_smile I could go into more details, but I won't, because some people just don't believe in astrology :3

Astrology in itself is fascinating atleast to me, anyway.

I did notice how the zodiac seemed involved in making the character's personalities. I have used it, for making my own characters for years too.

Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuga Natsuki Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 pm

And I thought I was the only one

datgodess
Kuga Natsuki
Kuga Natsuki

Bubuzuke points : 9709
Armitage GUTS!!! : 593

http://stargazerium.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Nymphetamine wrote:And I thought I was the only one

datgodess
Some just do not grasp astrology until you show the traits of the signs.

I find when I do, many can see how it can be possible.

Since childhood I would read horoscopes constantly.

Then in my teens/young adult age I researched it.Razz
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by PostoronnimV Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:39 am

Nymphetamine wrote:
Since Shizuru is from Kyoto, apparently she's a Sagittarius in sun (duh), Pisces rising and Cancer in moon. Shizuru must be a very VERY sensitive woman on the inside :3 From my knowledge, Cancer and Pisces are water signs (Sagittarius being fire) and water signs are very romantic, Pisces being one of the most romantic Zodiac signs, so it explains how and why Shizuru is pretty much madly in love with Natsuki >:3 And she's always willing to help Natsuki out, since Cancer and Pisces are extremely loyal Zodiac signs, and one of the nicest, and Sagittarius being one of the most cheery Zodiac signs, so maybe that's why Shizuru is always seen with a smile on her face xD

*ahem*

For Natsuki, I dunno where she's born, so I took a wild guess, but in my opinion, her chart seems to match her personality. Her sun being Leo (obviously), her rising is Scorpio and her moon is Taurus. Scorpio being her rising, now I see why Natsuki has always been the mysterious, serious loner, since Scorpios are very serious people and are very mysterious as well, and they do prefer to be loners, because they've very secretive and hide their feelings. Taureans have the habit of hiding their feelings as well, but they're very passionate and beautiful people, which is most likely why Natsuki has that "cold beauty". And of course Natsuki opens up later on in the show, and it takes Scorpios and Taureans ages to open up as well.

And since Sagittarius and Leo are both fire signs, they're compatible. Shizuru/Natsuki's rising signs are both water, Pisces and Scorpio, so that's compatible too. And Cancer is also water but Taurus is earth. Water and earth can go well, also, so all and all, it's no wonder why Shizuru and Natsuki are meant to be together :3 <3

Oh, wow... After reading this, I really get the feeling that SUNRISE indeed used astrology and Zodiac-Signs traits as helping in creating Mai-Hime characters... cuz it is so well matches their personalities...
PostoronnimV
PostoronnimV
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 367
Armitage GUTS!!! : 120

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxPostoronnimVxX

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm so glad I saw this topic - I'm planning on having a brief moment in my fic that mentions Shizuru's and Natsuki's zodiac signs and the irony of how compatible they are ^^ Sagittarius and Leo are actually supposed to be the 'fire' couple (as Nymphetamine mentioned) and are considered to be the most compatible couple of all the zodiac pairings.

Shizuru and I have the same birthday (she is a year older) so, being very Sagittarius myself, I can say that she seems be very Sagittarius as well. I can be brutally blunt and apparently so can she (whether with good, playful intentions or out of defensiveness). She seems to have her head in the clouds often (thinking of Natsuki, of course), has a calculated sense of humor (I often use it to 'break ice' with people, or help lighten their mood - it appears she did/does the same), protective, strong-willed, typically easygoing/carefree and easily entertained despite sometimes being quick to feel bored - all Sagittarian traits.

It became evident to me in the anime that Shizuru is very sharp when it comes to dispensing another character's psychological state of being (i.e. Nao on the cliff) - many Sagittarians find such complex fields of study fascinating and like to be intellectually-stimulated, so it seems like a good fit here.

The only thing that doesn't quite fit is the Sagittarian trait of wanting to reject love to maintain their sense of freedom (I'll admit I'm one of them ^^; ) and most Sagittarians aren't possessive/jealous types (though some can be).

The only thing we don't know about Shizuru is if she likes to travel, otherwise (outside of the freedom thing) I'd say she totally fits the bill! :)

Funny enough, I happen to date a Leo and I do notice some similarities between Natsuki and my partner - she isn't a loner, but she definitely has a fiery personality (lol).
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 146
Armitage GUTS!!! : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Syralind wrote: [...] has a calculated sense of humor (I often use it to 'break ice' with people, or help lighten their mood - it appears she did/does the same)

Ha, "break ice".
Just realized my pun.
'Cause, you know, Natsuki's the 'Ice Princess' and... ahem.
Razz
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Syralind wrote:I'm so glad I saw this topic - I'm planning on having a brief moment in my fic that mentions Shizuru's and Natsuki's zodiac signs and the irony of how compatible they are ^^ Sagittarius and Leo are actually supposed to be the 'fire' couple (as Nymphetamine mentioned) and are considered to be the most compatible couple of all the zodiac pairings.

Shizuru and I have the same birthday (she is a year older) so, being very Sagittarius myself, I can say that she seems be very Sagittarius as well. I can be brutally blunt and apparently so can she (whether with good, playful intentions or out of defensiveness). She seems to have her head in the clouds often (thinking of Natsuki, of course), has a calculated sense of humor (I often use it to 'break ice' with people, or help lighten their mood - it appears she did/does the same), protective, strong-willed, typically easygoing/carefree and easily entertained despite sometimes being quick to feel bored - all Sagittarian traits.

It became evident to me in the anime that Shizuru is very sharp when it comes to dispensing another character's psychological state of being (i.e. Nao on the cliff) - many Sagittarians find such complex fields of study fascinating and like to be intellectually-stimulated, so it seems like a good fit here.

The only thing that doesn't quite fit is the Sagittarian trait of wanting to reject love to maintain their sense of freedom (I'll admit I'm one of them ^^; ) and most Sagittarians aren't possessive/jealous types (though some can be).

The only thing we don't know about Shizuru is if she likes to travel, otherwise (outside of the freedom thing) I'd say she totally fits the bill! :)

Funny enough, I happen to date a Leo and I do notice some similarities between Natsuki and my partner - she isn't a loner, but she definitely has a fiery personality (lol).
Yes, those who share similar birthdays with characters and astrology signs can relate more to the character.

I have Yukariko that is a Capricorn like me, but I did not care for her enough to notice any similarities.

Zodiac is great for original characters and story making,
I used it since I was younger for my stories.

I have astrology books and fascinated with celestial things.
I am with a gemini girl, that absolutely adores Nao.
A few things rather similar but we get along well! ^^
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:03 pm

PostoronnimV wrote:
Oh, wow... After reading this, I really get the feeling that SUNRISE indeed used astrology and Zodiac-Signs traits as helping in creating Mai-Hime characters... cuz it is so well matches their personalities...
Many people for decades used it for personal stories in making personalities for their characters.^^
Otherwise, character development might be harder without a reference to go by.:D 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Syralind Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Kiros Razer wrote:

So am I - I always found such things so interesting. And yeah i didn't realize Nao was a gemini before reading this topic - totally fits her! Fascinated by that :)
Syralind
Syralind
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiros Razer Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Syralind wrote:
Kiros Razer wrote:

So am I - I always found such things so interesting. And yeah i didn't realize Nao was a gemini before reading this topic - totally fits her! Fascinated by that :)
I tend research a lot for personal use and for writing fan fiction and regular stories,
astrology, since I was real little..
asked what my horoscope was in new papers.

I wondered how they came up with it?
Why each had their own unique sign and what does mine involve.
I'd grab a book at the library and asked how to purchase one.

(My grammar is poor, but I enjoy writing and jotting down notes.
I am poorly organized though.)

Yeah, I found topics here similar to my personal studies.
(If you write about a character, going through their personality is important.)

You will find sites that display info on characters.
When I find their birthdays, put in a document on my external hard drive.

Somewhere I have a listing of anime characters birthdays.
Mai-HiME, I have one.. I wanted to know all HiME birthdays.
I do think somewhere on this site, I saw a listing.
I had one already but in the search option..

I one day wrote Hime birthdays in there and found it.

For celestial things, it fascinates me.
My ex and a very good friend sometimes uses celestial patterns in her art.
She drew an axe that I wanted for a character,
We called it the Moonlight runic axe.
Since it had moons and stars with a runic pattern.

I learned to draw celestial garbs,
Of both involving Lunar and solar.
Some involving an eclipse look.

Some characters generating power through that time etc.
It was fun creativity!

My father researched for fun things in his telescope,
We watched Hailey's comet in my childhood and saw planets and stars usually.
(I wanted to be an astronomer but couldn't learn things well, I used to collect insects and creatures to study.)

Nature, the sky and many other things influence my life.
and also my creativity.:) 
Kiros Razer
Kiros Razer
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3