Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

+12
burande fujino
ookamidesu
GoldenSun13
Midori Sugiura99
Lerena
Ice Silver Crystal
WolvenBane08
Kara
Highman
Chaglette
Luu Sky Sapphire
Amaya
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? Empty Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

Post by Amaya Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm

I am acutally amazed that this topic was never mentioned. The constellation shown at the end of Mai HiME and I was always wondering if Sunrise made this randomly or if they gave it a thought beforehand. I will list the signs to have an overview first:

Mai Tokiha - Cancer
Mikoto Minagi - Scorpio
Natsuki Kuga - Leo
Midori Sugiura - Aries
Akane Hirugashi - Virgo
Nao Yuuki - Gemini
Akira Okuzaki - Taurus
Yukariko Sanada - Capricorn
Yukino Kikukawa - Pisces
Shizuru Fujino - Sagittarius
Shiho Munakata - Libra
Alyssa Searrs - Aries
Miyu Glear - Cancer
Fumi Himeno - Aquarius
Mashiro Kazahana - Aquarius
Reito Kanzaki - Taurus

Well, they certainly didn't give a thought to the connection of signs and there elements. The best examples are Mai and Natsuki,Mai is Cancer and therefore a watersign but she got the fire rings in Mai HiME and Natsuki iss Leo and therefore she is a fire sign and got the ice-element.

I think some of the signs really fit very well... I try to explain this without offending any constellations^^But then I am an Aries, I am an honest individual. Deal with it!

Let's start with our lovely couple Natsuki and Nao Shizuru.

Shizuru for sure is Sagittarius. I mean all of the people I know, who have that constellation are to some amount crazy. Mostly when it comes to love. They tend to be extremely hot-blooded and emotional unstable. Sagittarius are said to be very freedom-loving and independent individuals but they are also secretly possessive. They are kind of living in their own world and they normally get easilly bored and they love flirting ( -.- so true. Don't bother with me side-comments. I made my own experiences with them and I sadly tend to fall for this people with this constellation although I know they're freaking dangerous - at least for me). When I saw that Shizuru is Sagittarius I just thought they hit the nail and to pair her up with Natsuki is where the action begins.

Natsuki is a true Leo. They are said to stick to things and get them done and they know no fear. They don't like changes and feel drawn to strong personalities. If piss them off they tend to hold a grudge. They are born leaders but then they often feel lonely and isolated.They are best in a one-to-one friendship where their ego is less likely to intrude upon the relationship.

On a short remark the Leo and Sagittarius both being strong fire signs are said to make an awesome couple (foremost in bed ;-) )

So and not to forget my lovely Nao.

She's Gemini. I believe she could have been a fire sign too but then Gemini is said to have two faces and I think this appeals to her a lot. They have mood changes a lot. But they are also difficult to understand becaue in temperament
they are hot and cold at the same moment. They Their sharp wit and excellent powers of observation make them a
good raconteur, although they have a tendency to exaggerate which can
cause trouble with their relationships.
So, this goes quite well for Nao I believe.

I have a few bad things to say about some other signs more words about the other signs to say but I shall write this tomorrow because it's too late over here to think properly and I need to paint my new apartment tomorrow. I am interested in your thoughts though.
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? Empty Re: Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Well done, Amaya. This is a topic we needed for a while nao. ^_^ Um, wasn't the Zodiac the topic of controversy recently? Something about a change...eh whatever I'll start with ShizNat myself, based on what you said:

Amaya wrote:Let's start with our lovely couple Natsuki and Nao Shizuru.

Shizuru for sure is Sagittarius. I mean all of the people I know, who have that constellation are to some amount crazy. Mostly when it comes to love. They tend to be extremely hot-blooded and emotional unstable. Sagittarius are said to be very freedom-loving and independent individuals but they are also secretly possessive. They are kind of living in their own world and they normally get easilly bored and they love flirting ( -.- so true. Don't bother with me side-comments. I made my own experiences with them and I sadly tend to fall for this people with this constellation although I know they're freaking dangerous - at least for me). When I saw that Shizuru is Sagittarius I just thought they hit the nail and to pair her up with Natsuki is where the action begins.

Natsuki is a true Leo. They are said to stick to things and get them done and they know no fear. They don't like changes and feel drawn to strong personalities. If piss them off they tend to hold a grudge. They are born leaders but then they often feel lonely and isolated.They are best in a one-to-one friendship where their ego is less likely to intrude upon the relationship.

On a short remark the Leo and Sagittarius both being strong fire signs are said to make an awesome couple (foremost in bed ;-) )

I'm a full blown Sagittarius, the details couldn't describe me any better. Same for Shizuru Fujino, though you can argue that certain elements like the "emotional unstable" part isn't really her, that was fueled by the Obsidian Lord. Oh wait! Did I just say "fueled"? Perhaps "emotional unstable" is part of the Shizuru package, it just took a certain power to bring it out of her. Sort of a primal instinct. District One sure felt it, Nao Yuuki most of all. :(

Shizuru's sign passes with flying colors, as does Natsuki. Or does she? She didn't start out with all the qualities of a Leo at all, she seemed to be a bright and chipper girl before District One entered her life. I suppose who you really are and what you're all about (sign wise) becomes apparent due to events that play out in one's life. I'm not a big expert on zodiac signs, so excuse the jargon. :)

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? Empty Re: Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character?

Post by Amaya Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 am

Yes, I also believe the most part of it is society and how you grow up but to a certain amount some points of this whole zodiac thing really fit. So, you're a Sagitarrius eh...Need to stay away from you then^^
Midori for could only be Aries. Naming the group HiME-Ranger and calling herself the warrior of Justice right? That's me =)
Hm, nao that I think of it I even studied history to become a teacher. Scary :suspect:
BTW I also think Yukino's sign fits her quiet well.
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 am

Why are Tauruses the guys?! (Akira dresses and acts like a guy, so meh. ;P)
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Bubuzuke points : 4959
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1293

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 pm

Amaya wrote:Midori for could only be Aries. Naming the group HiME-Ranger and calling herself the warrior of Justice right? That's me =)
Hm, nao that I think of it I even studied history to become a teacher. Scary :suspect:
BTW I also think Yukino's sign fits her quiet well.

You are like Midori? Does being an Aries say anything about an undying love for alcoholic beverages? :)

Chie-sama wrote:Why are Tauruses the guys?! (Akira dresses and acts like a guy, so meh. ;P)

Tauruses are MANLY like Akira before Takumi made her an uke with his....ukeness. :scratch:

Deal with it. 👅
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

You are like Midori? Does being an Aries say anything about an undying love for alcoholic beverages? :)

Well, if you mean my slight obsession with beer and whiskey that might be true. But alcoholic beverages go well for every sign I believe^^
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Tauruses are MANLY like Akira before Takumi made her an uke with his....ukeness. :scratch:

Deal with it. 👅

Manly... >.<''' I agree as a fellow Taurus. I'm the very manly tomboy among my friends. No flying pinkies 👅
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Chie-sama wrote:Manly... >.<''' I agree as a fellow Taurus. I'm the very manly tomboy among my friends. No flying pinkies 👅

👅 Good, the world could use less girly girls. It's surprising that I'm saying this as most straight men like me prefer their Belldandy servant types....

Moving on with the topic, let's go over the beautiful Yukariko Sanada. The Disciple of our Lord. <3

Capricorns tend to be religious freaks, I heard it was an ideal job of theirs. so it shouldn't surprise you when it comes to Sister Yukariko. Of course there are some positives qualities in them that is also shared with Yukariko, they're generally kind, supportive and caring of others (she's always helping the students at Fuka Academy). My ex-gf just informed me that Capricorns greatly depend on others for emotional support and guidance through a difficult time. This resembles Yukariko's fondness for Mr. creepy himself, Ishiigami, in many ways. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Chie-sama wrote:Manly... >.<''' I agree as a fellow Taurus. I'm the very manly tomboy among my friends. No flying pinkies 👅

👅 Good, the world could use less girly girls. It's surprising that I'm saying this as most straight men like me prefer their Belldandy servant types....

Moving on with the topic, let's go over the beautiful Yukariko Sanada. The Disciple of our Lord. <3

Capricorns tend to be religious freaks, I heard it was an ideal job of theirs. so it shouldn't surprise you when it comes to Sister Yukariko. Of course there are some positives qualities in them that is also shared with Yukariko, they're generally kind, supportive and caring of others (she's always helping the students at Fuka Academy). My ex-gf just informed me that Capricorns greatly depend on others for emotional support and guidance through a difficult time. This resembles Yukariko's fondness for Mr. creepy himself, Ishiigami, in many ways. :)

Ishigami's not that creepy, he's just take opportunity as a thriving young teacher. Possibly he may get his wish as Mayor of Fuuka *shrugs*.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Highman wrote:Ishigami's not that creepy, he's just take opportunity as a thriving young teacher. Possibly he may get his wish as Mayor of Fuuka *shrugs*.

Fraternizing with the local nun isn't creepy, I'm mostly referring to his enthusiastic interest in making Takumi his next model. o_o

Possibly. His plans could be foiled by a HiME-era incarnation of Tomoe. nao that would be great fanservice for anyone who enjoyed/remembers Zwei. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:Ishigami's not that creepy, he's just take opportunity as a thriving young teacher. Possibly he may get his wish as Mayor of Fuuka *shrugs*.

Fraternizing with the local nun isn't creepy, I'm mostly referring to his enthusiastic interest in making Takumi his next model. o_o

Possibly. His plans could be foiled by a HiME-era incarnation of Tomoe. nao that would be great fanservice for anyone who enjoyed/remembers Zwei. :)

Worried Tomoe and Wataru severed a pact with each other. Ishigami has other interest than having Takumi paint nude for him. His job on District One is over but his goals are not far from over.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:51 am

Maybe Ishigami prefers both sexes?
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:23 am

Chie-sama wrote:Maybe Ishigami prefers both sexes?

Since this thread is about zodiacs, what is Ishigami astro-birth then ?
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:01 am

I don't know. Though I might have seen that piece of info somewhere :)
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Can't seem to find information for Ishigami in the artbooks. ^^; Maybe I'm just blind. So I'll just move onto Chie Harada since Chia-sama's avatar got me thinking about the suave gossiper. :3

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? 508198935

Chie is a Sagittarius like me, optimistic and freedom loving. The girl loves to gossip and play around with Mai Tokiha's hinted feelings for another (whether it's Tate or Reito). She's very honest and straightforward when pointing this out, not holding back what's on her mind. Miss Harada is also pretty damn smart to ID just about everyone in Fuka Academy and dig up a quick background story for that particular student. Compared to Shizuru's stats as a Sagittarius, Chie isn't completely 100% true to the sign, but many elements are there. Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaglette Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:43 am

<3 I.WANT.CHIE >:U
Chaglette
Chaglette
Archmeister of Fujinoism
Archmeister of Fujinoism

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Can't seem to find information for Ishigami in the artbooks. ^^; Maybe I'm just blind. So I'll just move onto Chie Harada since Chia-sama's avatar got me thinking about the suave gossiper. :3

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? 508198935

Chie is a Sagittarius like me, optimistic and freedom loving. The girl loves to gossip and play around with Mai Tokiha's hinted feelings for another (whether it's Tate or Reito). She's very honest and straightforward when pointing this out, not holding back what's on her mind. Miss Harada is also pretty damn smart to ID just about everyone in Fuka Academy and dig up a quick background story for that particular student. Compared to Shizuru's stats as a Sagittarius, Chie isn't completely 100% true to the sign, but many elements are there. Wink

I've bought the books for HiME not Otome sadly it never stated about Ishigami's bio, typical Sunrise is typical.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Chie-sama wrote:<3 I.WANT.CHIE >:U

You want yourself? What sense does that make?

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? Pdvd_038

^ That's what you want. Look at yourself, all up in Chie's nakedness. :)

Highman wrote:I've bought the books for HiME not Otome sadly it never stated about Ishigami's bio, typical Sunrise is typical.

Hmm, how many animation books from various anime series bother to have bios for secondary characters? That's all right, I'll be going over Aoi Senoh's Zodiac tonight, including a triple header that needs some serious examination. Stay tuned.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Chie-sama wrote:<3 I.WANT.CHIE >:U

Highman wrote:I've bought the books for HiME not Otome sadly it never stated about Ishigami's bio, typical Sunrise is typical.

Hmm, how many animation books from various anime series bother to have bios for secondary characters? That's all right, I'll be going over Aoi Senoh's Zodiac tonight, including a triple header that needs some serious examination. Stay tuned.

I have four altogther from HiME, still thinking about acquiring Otome books as well.

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? Pdvd_038

Please let it be her hip or belly button oh please ?
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Huh. Yeah, I never thought to attribute their personalities to their zodiac signs! Haha, that's pretty cooooooooollll :D

But, I'm not happy about sharing the same zodiac sign as the NUN.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Highman wrote:I have four altogther from HiME, still thinking about acquiring Otome books as well.

You should! I think you like Mai-HiME more than Otome, but it wouldn't hurt to have the Otome ones. ^_~ Purchase them as support for the Mai-Series.

Kara wrote:But, I'm not happy about sharing the same zodiac sign as the NUN.

O_O Yeah, you're nothing like Yukariko. Other than having the awesomeness of being straight. >o<

As I mentioned early, I would go over Aoi Senoh plus three other characters. Make that four after rechecking the birthday list. >o<

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? 149391967

Aoi Senoh is a Pisces, something I've always wanted to be as a child. XD Don't ask for any kind of specifications as to why. I just have a liking to fish (still do) and wanted to be connected with them in some way. You can already say that's the fantasy lifestyle I lived with for my childhood. From what I'm told about the Pisces, they're ingrained in fantasy. It could explain why they see the world differently than other people do (I have a few friends that are Pisces). Don't know the qualities of a Pisces relates to Aoi, but taking the fantasy into account, Aoi does love to picture herself as something grander. Remember the omake (which I provided an snapshot from) with Chie Harada? Against Chie's remarks about her being flat-chested compared to the entire student body (no pun intended), Aoi remains resilient enough to fire back with a sizzling nude picture of herself. Chie tried her hand but I guess she want to compete with her ass instead:

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? Chie_h10

Moving onto four characters that have the same birthday. That's right, the same birthday. September 7th, which makes them all Virgo: Akane Higurashi, Arika Yumemiya, Nina Wang and Queen Mashiro.

hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? PDVD_000-21
hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? PDVD_002-10
hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? PDVD_004-6
hime - Mai-HiME Zodiac-Signs - Do they fit the character? PDVD_003-7

One character from the Mai-HiMEverse and three from the Mai-Otomeverse. Intense shit! So observing and studying all these girls as Virgos, the results are once again pretty accurate. According to information sites, The Virgo is a fussy, narrow minded person. This immediately fits the characteristics of the ditzy Arika Yumemiya, the pouty Nina Wang and the bratty Queen Mashiro before getting her wake up call from Aswad Midori. It is also said when they shine their brightest with confidence, nothing can stop them. Arika Yumemiya all the way, being the Sailor Moon of the Mai-Series. Those moments where she was upset about Erstin and Nina, or the confusion/love Sergay made her feel, Arika's inner potential was kept at bay. If she didn't shine bright like a true Virgo, her dream of being a great Otome wouldn't of become reality. She was also willing to save Nina, no matter what happened between them. Between the three main girls from Otome, they were all good friends towards each other. Something Virgos treasure or give off, however the experts put it.

Akane Higurashi is the same way. Revealing herself as a HiME to Kazuya was a result of her being honest. Stating she is doing this to protect him and not for any cynical reasons. I'm also reading here that Virgos love being in service to others. We went over her duties as a HiME and a person, so I guess we can include her job at Linden Baum. Even without Mai and Midori around to help her, she worked really hard to satisfy the customers. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Finally got around to reading this thread.
Got to say, for all that I am like Shizuru, I'm actually an Aries. Can't really say I'm all that similar to Midori (except that I do love my booze). And really the only thing I have in common with Alyssa is that I like to sing (though nowhere near as well as her).
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08
Shizuru Fujino-Mama a.k.a. The Viola-tor

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:56 pm

WolvenBane08 wrote:And really the only thing I have in common with Alyssa is that I like to sing (though nowhere near as well as her).

*laughs* You put Alyssa over. Come on Baney, sure you can sing better than a child. ;p You haven't even shared a demo yet.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvenBane08 Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:You haven't even shared a demo yet.
Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it. I might do a Livestream sometime over Spring Break, just to sate y'alls curiosity regarding my voice.
WolvenBane08
WolvenBane08

Bubuzuke points : 950
Armitage GUTS!!! : 285

http://wolvenbane08.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 pm

WolvenBane08 wrote:Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it. I might do a Livestream sometime over Spring Break, just to sate y'alls curiosity regarding my voice.

:D Sweet deal, Baney-Kaichou. Plus it would be a nice follow up to your Mai-HiME Destiny Shizuru photos. ;p

Back on topic, I'll be going over Mai Tokiha's Zodiac qualities later tonight. w00t! HiME
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next