Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomoe Marguerite character analysis [Mai-Otome]

+8
ATHENAx514
MissSoccerNinja
Miya1
GAP
TomoeMarguerite
Ice Silver Crystal
Luu Sky Sapphire
Miyotakano
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

character - Tomoe Marguerite character analysis [Mai-Otome] - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe Marguerite character analysis [Mai-Otome]

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:58 pm

MissSoccerNinja wrote:A very thorough and great analysis! =] While I don't agree with every point (mainly the parts involving Shizuru Fujino), it is definite that your Tomoe analysis and theories are very logical, valid, and should be given the credit they deserve. Thank you for sharing that amazing analysis! =]

That's what makes Wolvy's analysis of Mai-characters good. You don't really have to analyze Tomoe because no matter how you look at it, she was set up as an heel from beginning to end with no sign of redemption. Very simple character on the surface. However, given that Tomoe is an underrated piece of hotness, fan support for her is most appreciated. If you can make me feel different about her by exploring her mentality (and what makes her tick...), then I'm sold.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

character - Tomoe Marguerite character analysis [Mai-Otome] - Page 2 Empty Re: Tomoe Marguerite character analysis [Mai-Otome]

Post by GAP Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:33 am

This is a nice analysis of Tomoe but wjat do you think that Tomoe needs to realize her errors?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 am

GAP wrote:This is a nice analysis of Tomoe but wjat do you think that Tomoe needs to realize her errors?

Well, if she's a sociopath psychopath then she thinks her actions are completely justified and doesn't even realized or believe she's done anything wrong/bad, or just doesn't care. If this was the case, she'd need extensive psychological counseling... to start with. x_X Even then, she could just as easily lie her way to "recovery" just so people would stop bothering her with their stupid "wanting to help her." Sociopaths Psychopaths are more likely to mock or feel disdain towards someone for trying to help them recover.

That's my take on it anyway.

Edit: After thinking a little more on it, Tomoe seems more like a psychopath than a sociopath. (Yes, there is a very slight difference, but it's there. x-x So much research...)
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by BMeph Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Here's my "analysis-in-a-nutshell" for Tomoe:

Tomoe combines the Determinator will of Akira, with the Drama Mamma tendencies of Mai. Just without the Mamma Mamma tendencies of Mai.

Looks-wise, too: take Akira's build and hair color, and use Mai's face...BAM! Instant Tomoe! Wink
BMeph
BMeph
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 407
Armitage GUTS!!! : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Twisted Eternal Wolvetta Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:10 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:Well, if she's a sociopath psychopath then she thinks her actions are completely justified and doesn't even realized or believe she's done anything wrong/bad, or just doesn't care. If this was the case, she'd need extensive psychological counseling... to start with. x_X Even then, she could just as easily lie her way to "recovery" just so people would stop bothering her with their stupid "wanting to help her." Sociopaths Psychopaths are more likely to mock or feel disdain towards someone for trying to help them recover.

That's my take on it anyway.

Edit: After thinking a little more on it, Tomoe seems more like a psychopath than a sociopath. (Yes, there is a very slight difference, but it's there. x-x So much research...)

BMeph wrote:Here's my "analysis-in-a-nutshell" for Tomoe:

Tomoe combines the Determinator will of Akira, with the Drama Mamma tendencies of Mai. Just without the Mamma Mamma tendencies of Mai.

Looks-wise, too: take Akira's build and hair color, and use Mai's face...BAM! Instant Tomoe! Wink

These are some of the reasons why I love Tomoe so much, because whether or not if people like it or not, Tomoe is one of the top most mysterious and powerful characters which the Mai Series has. She's one of the true independent characters, a hell of a lot more than Natsuki for going around things her own way.

Certainly, Tomoe is definitely the type who would slice at your fingers if you were to attempt to help her, because honestly? By the end of the series she would be suspicious of everyone, even Shizuru (due to the betrayal and all, just look at how she reacted, or, in her case; didn't react).

I do wish Sunrise weren't so trollish though when it comes to plot, it was so highly uncharacteristic of Tomoe appearing out of nowhere wanting to become the President of the Aries Republic without putting out a reason for why she even wanted to become it in the first place. To annoy Shizuru? To abruptly go after Yukino, Haruka, Chie and Sara for some random reason?

I think the main problem with the series is, is that Sunrise just doesn't do enough to put to light how the characters are truly like along with actually telling us what the hell happens behind the scenes. E,g; we only have around a scene each for the whole events of the Dragon King War and the Twelve Kingdom War. How about for each select character and where they originated from? (Family wise along with their reason to become an Otome, or in Nagi's case, how he managed to become the Grand Duke when his father, who was inspired on Henry VIII of England had so many offspring, one of those being his sister, Mashiro).

But either way, in reality I would say that the only people who would be able to get through to Tomoe would be either Miya or Mai these days. Miya because she has experienced Tomoe's true natural first hand whilst Mai is that type of person who would stop at nothing to help someone, whether the person liked it or not.

I desperately hope that Sunrise aren't going to screw Tomoe over even worse in HiME Mao though, because the concept I've seen of her... its basically “buubuubuu”-Tomoe along with uncharacteristic fangirling (love hearts coming from her whilst wriggling around, etc, can you honestly see Tomoe doing that? She is far too reserved, and when going through one of her "episodes" she is too busy aiming her attention on the person who has annoyed her) even though because it appears she is going to be a main character in the new possible anime, I can't help but find that she has just been shoved to the sidelines to become one of those dopey girls who chase after the true main lead, like Mikoto but to the extreme without the combat skills.

Akira Okuzaki I have a child? Since when?

Twisted Eternal Wolvetta
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 708
Armitage GUTS!!! : 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2