Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Shizuru a good leader?

+12
burande fujino
CaptainVonCookie
SpiralDasher
depression76
MidnightPersona
she-ga-roo
BubuzukeOnna
ShizuruF
Miyotakano
Amaya
Luu Sky Sapphire
GAP
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

shizuru - Is Shizuru a good leader? Empty Is Shizuru a good leader?

Post by GAP Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:59 am

Does anyone here htink thatr Shizuru is a good leader? We barely see what she does in Hime but in Otome she seems very reliable although some fans (especially her haters) don't think she is a good leader at all. What do you guys think?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

shizuru - Is Shizuru a good leader? Empty Re: Is Shizuru a good leader?

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:31 am

She wasn't a good leader with her position as Student Council President in Mai-HiME. If anything, Haruka carried all the weight for Fuka Academy and it's time of crisis. Shizuru just sat there, drank tea and prayed that Natsuki would borrow her laptop again to leek more information. :) She even disappeared when the Academy needed her most, just one of the reasons Haruka and Yukino scolded her.

Her incarnation in Mai-Otome, Shizuru Viola, is a different story. She placed in a spot of great responsibility as an Otome and she comforted any of the students in there time of confusion and sadness. Arika Yumemiya and Nina Wang being two main examples. Shizuru Fujino cannot compare with that, she just wants her Natsuki. Shizuru Viola wants her Natsuki and fulfill her duties as an Otome.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 am

In Mai HiME she definitely is not a good leader. She's much too busy with herself/Natsuki.
In Mai Otome I am not sure. I believe that she would still abandon everything just too safe Natsuki. So in my eyes she isn't a good leader. Natsuki definitely is though
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:53 am

Amaya wrote:In Mai Otome I am not sure. I believe that she would still abandon everything just too safe Natsuki.

This is a strong possibility, they never actually focused on Shizuru enough to get her feelings on how much Otome principals weighed down on her. Natsuki is her #1 priority, so again...possible. Kind of sad to think about it. It's romantic sure, but irresponsible. Even Natsuki herself would disapprove. 🇳🇴
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Leaving the school in a time of a crisis is not good thing on both sides of the seas. Viola would never had done that.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miyotakano Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Shizuru is not in my hime she really only cares about protecting Natsuki and dosent pay attention to other things.
But she is in my otome she is incredibly different even though she would probably do anything for Natsuki still.
Miyotakano
Miyotakano
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 am

I am not sure if this true but some her haters hated the fact that she left the school for Natsuki as well as the lesbian thing. I am not sur eif it is a cultural thing but in some eyes, she commited a dereliction of duty.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by ShizuruF Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Hell yeah...although, at the end of My Hime, she leaves everything to Haruka. But her leadership qualities are best seen in My Hime Destiny.
ShizuruF
ShizuruF
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 56
Armitage GUTS!!! : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 am

^ Can you show me an excerpt of that?
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by BubuzukeOnna Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:33 pm

I suppose it depends on what your idea of a "good leader" is. If it's the common man raised high- honest, hard working, a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" style... then Shizuru would of course look pale in comparison.

In my opinion Shizuru had business sense. She understood her role like a CEO. Part of being a good leader in many instances requires the abilities delegating motivating and manipulating. Seeing and knowing people. She was certainly very capable in those areas. She knew what buttons to push, what words to say to Haruka, to the business men she interacted with on behalf of the school, and she was able to do some basic reconnaissance on Nao (probably others) and clearly dealt with Yukariko.

Like the Wizard of Oz, her natural inclination is to work behind the scenes. If it were an MMORPG she'd probably be in a support role rather than a team lead or tanking role.

But yes, ultimately she only obtained the position for Natsuki's sake, and did the minimum required of her. So she has the ability to be a good leader, but not the desire. Which would make her a failed leader in the eyes of many.
BubuzukeOnna
BubuzukeOnna
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 88
Armitage GUTS!!! : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 am

BubuzukeOnna wrote:I suppose it depends on what your idea of a "good leader" is. If it's the common man raised high- honest, hard working, a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" style... then Shizuru would of course look pale in comparison.

In my opinion Shizuru had business sense. She understood her role like a CEO. Part of being a good leader in many instances requires the abilities delegating motivating and manipulating. Seeing and knowing people. She was certainly very capable in those areas. She knew what buttons to push, what words to say to Haruka, to the business men she interacted with on behalf of the school, and she was able to do some basic reconnaissance on Nao (probably others) and clearly dealt with Yukariko.

Like the Wizard of Oz, her natural inclination is to work behind the scenes. If it were an MMORPG she'd probably be in a support role rather than a team lead or tanking role.

But yes, ultimately she only obtained the position for Natsuki's sake, and did the minimum required of her. So she has the ability to be a good leader, but not the desire. Which would make her a failed leader in the eyes of many.

In other words, Shizuru is good at analyzing people around her. I don't think there was anyone in the Mai-HiME series that really stopped Nao Yuuki in her tracks with just words than Shizuru. The attempt Mai Tokiha made in hopes Nao would spare Tokiha was practically hysterics. That's Mai Tokiha though, her personality is too different from Shizuru, who was able to be more cunning.

It's probably the culprit for some of her "hate" as well, that Shizuru can be a *very* deceiving, because of keeping secrets from Natsuki. Of course, that goes without saying.

Then comes people like us who find reasons for her actions and defend her. The bubuzuke woman is not Midori Sugiura, but she could become a leader of a different sort with her intelligence.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:41 pm

i think she could be a good leader. she has the potential to be one, but like said before: she has not the desire to do so. i see her a little like shikamaru from naruto. both are inteligent and calculating and keep their cool in difficult situations (well, even after going insane, shizuru was kind of clam). i think shizuru is a very passionate person, and if she don't feel the desire to so something, she just didn't do it or simply just do as less as possible.
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by MidnightPersona Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Shizuru Fujino isn't the leader type. She's more manipulative than anything else, so I suppose is manipulating others (i.e. HaruKino) into doing your dirty work for you is a sign of good leadership, then she's brilliant. Sad thing is, that's how most people tend to 'lead' and it's a sad, sad thing. I find it depressing and, well, yeah. I would not want Shizuru Fujino leading me, I'd rather have Haruka or *gasp* Reito, even.

Shizuru Viola also doesn't seem like the leader-type. Honestly? She doesn't really LEAD anyone in Otome. She just follows Natsuki's orders for the most part. She has had moments with some characters, but her main priority is Natsuki and doing anything it takes. Honestly, if Natsuki wasn't headmistress but was a regular Otome with a Meister do you honestly believe Viola would give two shits what Gardarobe ordered her to do? Hell no. She'd be too busy sneaking off to be with her Natsuki and she would have a HUGE bias toward whatever person/state held Natsuki in their possession. Therefore, I cannot see her as a leader, but still following Natsuki like a lost pup. Chrysant is the leader of choice, later Mashiro mans up and start to build her way up to being a leader like Yukino and I'm proud of that.

No, Shizuru isn't a good leader.
MidnightPersona
MidnightPersona
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4253
Armitage GUTS!!! : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by she-ga-roo Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 am

isn't leadership kind of manipulation anyway?
but yeah, shizuru did it in a bad way to let haruka and yukino do most of work, that's clearly negative.
but if she would have done something along side them, and would have said something like "no problem, we still have some time left to do the work on time. we can do it, if we hang on together!" to encourage haruka and yukino if maybe they're low on time to finish some work, isn't that manipulation, too? just in a positive way?
as a leader you need the ability to guide your followers in a direction, and for that you have to manipulate them somehow, either with your own hard work as an example for them, a poignant speech, convincing argumntes, etc... leading is manipulation, you just have to choose if you lead in a positive or negative way.
shizuru did it in a negative way, that didn't make her a 'good' leader like in: i want her as my leader like this.
neverless even with this kind of 'leading' she's a 'good' leader in ym eyes, since she's able to get others to move in the direction she wants. and viola is like this, too. like i said before: both have the potential to be a leader, but the question is how they would use this potential...

chrysant would be a leader in a positive way, in my eyes. she seems very capable of what she's doing. much more than kruger i think.

but haruka... no, i wouldn't think of her as a good leader, even if she's very encouraging with her nothing-will-get-me-down-personality. but because of her head-through-wall thinking she possibly would lead others into real danger.

gah... i hope i was able to get my point across... sometimes it lacks that i'm german... ~.~
she-ga-roo
she-ga-roo
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 791
Armitage GUTS!!! : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 pm

In Hime, she has the potential to be a good leader, but unfortunately, her original reason of being a Student Council president was to help Natsuki, so any chances of her being a good President was practically thrown out of the window.

In Otome though, I think she would be a great leader...but only when the situation requires it. Most of the probable situation might be on the battlefield or when Natsuki isn't available. She's the type that's comfortable to stay in the background, but would be a great leader when needed.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 am

Personally, I don't think so. She seem more of a follower- no, she seems more of the person to do things her own way, away from others. The only reason she got the student council president position was for Natsuki to get info, and even then she left most of the work to Haruka (who has awesome leader skills), and usually only did her work if she was roped into it like meeting academy sponsers (like the tea ceremony during the school festival).

She's too secretive and I think that also reflects upon her leadership skills, or showing that she has lack there of. She doesn't seem like a team player, which is imperative to be a leader. Even in Otome, she took commands in stride, but possibly because Natsuki was the one giving them? I don't see her easily following the directions of anyone else (except maybe Maria).

She's not a team player and would rather not do any work. No, I don't think she's a good leader.
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Armitage GUTS!!! : 400

http://www.fanfiction.net/~littledemoninside

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu May 10, 2012 11:23 pm

So we can consider it a miracle that she joined the other HiME in the final showdown with the Obsidian Lord, right Dash? ;p Shizuru probably did it for Natsuki's sake and not for the greater good.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Fri May 11, 2012 2:53 am

Mai: Kaichou, we need you to fly into the star with the rest of us so we can kill off the Obsidian Lord once and for all.
Shizuru: Ara, it seems I've suddenly remembered a very important engagement I must attend-
Natsuki: Shizuru. =_=
Shizuru: -but! I can put it off for a couple hours. Come along, let's get ready Natsuki. ^^

^ Like that?
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri May 11, 2012 4:54 pm

SpiralDasher wrote:Mai: Kaichou, we need you to fly into the star with the rest of us so we can kill off the Obsidian Lord once and for all.
Shizuru: Ara, it seems I've suddenly remembered a very important engagement I must attend-
Shizuru: -but! I can put it off for a couple hours. Come along, let's get ready Natsuki. ^^

^ Like that?

Like that. :) Very true to the character in all respects. *sigh* Where's Midori Sugiura when you need her?

shizuru - Is Shizuru a good leader? Vlcsna77

Oh yeah, still complaining that Natsuki took the lead. XD Look on the bright side, at least Shizuru's girlfriend is capable of being a good leader.

Natsuki Kuga
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SpiralDasher Fri May 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
SpiralDasher wrote:Mai: Kaichou, we need you to fly into the star with the rest of us so we can kill off the Obsidian Lord once and for all.

^ Like that?

Like that. :) Very true to the character in all respects. *sigh* Where's Midori Sugiura when you need her?

shizuru - Is Shizuru a good leader? Vlcsna77

Oh yeah, still complaining that Natsuki took the lead. XD Look on the bright side, at least Shizuru's girlfriend is capable of being a good leader.

Natsuki Kuga

Indeed. =)
SpiralDasher
SpiralDasher
Coral student
Coral student

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainVonCookie Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I think she's a brilliant leader! Everything turned out fine, the school is still rich, she delegates all boring assignments to people who can do them and still finds the time to kill Orphans and take care of evil organisations.
Work smart not hard! & Produce results and get the girl!
CaptainVonCookie
CaptainVonCookie
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 535
Armitage GUTS!!! : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 pm

CaptainVonCookie wrote:I think she's a brilliant leader! Everything turned out fine, the school is still rich, she delegates all boring assignments to people who can do them and still finds the time to kill Orphans and take care of evil organisations.
Work smart not hard! & Produce results and get the girl!

I think that's what Haruka Suzushiro represents. The polar opposite of Shizuru. Haruka works harder not smarter compared to Shizuru and like Nao, seeks the approval of everyone around her. Shizuru is too cool to be dealing with stress and meaningless manual labor for a school that pretty much runs itself. Save for any Orphan/HiME incidents. Shizuru Fujino
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by burande fujino Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

SHE IS THE BEST LEADER
burande fujino
burande fujino
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 26

http://shizbrand.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 pm

burande fujino wrote:SHE IS THE BEST LEADER

Shizuru Kaichou : My support system rules~ Gay Rainbow
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by burande fujino Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
burande fujino wrote:SHE IS THE BEST LEADER

:Shizuru Kaicho : My support system rules~ :Rainbow:

yes my darling it does.
burande fujino
burande fujino
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 26

http://shizbrand.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next