Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

+11
Zweifel Marguerite
Veronica-Searrs
GAP
ookamidesu
Mai_Tokiha
depression76
Lerena
mandygirl78
Amaya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Miyotakano
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

shiznat - what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  Empty what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

Post by Miyotakano Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:07 pm

I just ask this because i want to know butdoes everyone like it? Or do they Like Tomoe x Shizuru more than Shizuru x Natsuki? I like Shizuru x Natsuki and Tomoe x Natsuki the same but I wanted to know which couple does everyone like more?
Miyotakano
Miyotakano
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 36

Back to top Go down

shiznat - what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  Empty Re: what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Shizuru x Natsuki is the most overrated couple in not only the Mai-Series, but probably in all of yuri as well. :) Still, I love them. Beyond just "looking good" together. Granted some of the other HiME are much deeper in character than Shizuru, though it's her friendship/relationship with Natsuki that strengthens everything around both of them.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

shiznat - what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  Empty Re: what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple

Post by Amaya Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:26 am

I guess a few months ago my comment would have been comppletely different because I was a devoted ShizNat fan. But slowly I start to love NatNao. I believe ShizNat is overrated but still this "couple" has a certain atmposphere around them that people just love. They are both interesting characters, both very strong minded. That is different to most of the yuri pairings. You normally have the strong hero type and the clumsy little girl and here we have two great and independed characters.
Amaya
Amaya
Head of the Anti-NatNao-Phobic-Unit

Bubuzuke points : 1200
Armitage GUTS!!! : 445

http://crawlinggirl.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 am

Amaya wrote:I guess a few months ago my comment would have been comppletely different because I was a devoted ShizNat fan. But slowly I start to love NatNao. I believe ShizNat is overrated but still this "couple" has a certain atmposphere around them that people just love. They are both interesting characters, both very strong minded.

That is perfectly transparent in your fanfiction. ^_~ I know what you mean. For the fandom's sake, it's healthy to deviate away from ShizuNatsu from time to time. It gives our fandom more freedom to express ourselves and not be tied down too much to this couple. I love them both, they're just not what makes the Mai-Series great as a whole.

Amaya wrote:That is different to most of the yuri pairings. You normally have the strong hero type and the clumsy little girl and here we have two great and independed characters.

Correct. I'd like to say that if you pocket Shizuru's popular gimmick of "raping" Natsuki with leek, you will see they're quite the compatible couple, heart and soul. When you see that, you'll notice they're more three-dimensional than say, Shizuma and Nagisa from Strawberry Panic!

shiznat - what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  F7d1ee10
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:51 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
When you see that, you'll notice they're more three-dimensional than say, Shizuma and Nagisa from Strawberry Panic!

Yes that's a good example or look at Chikane and Himeko. All make great couples but I don't like the weak and cute characters at all. If I see someone like Chikane falling for a clumsy and whining fool like Himeko I can't take it serious at all. Maybe that's just personal impression but I think the more power and pride a character has the more interesting it gets when it comes to love.
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by mandygirl78 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 pm

I can't stand them. Period.

Overrated as hell.
mandygirl78
mandygirl78
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 328
Armitage GUTS!!! : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:20 am

mandygirl78 wrote:I can't stand them. Period.

Overrated as hell.

Won't argue with the latter. :) ShizNat1
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lerena Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I love Shiznat, but I think it's good to support other pairings as well. I've never understood why shippers are so hardcore about their ships. For example, I enjoy Shiznat, NatNao, and I also like Viola with Tomoe. Personally, I just enjoy different pairings, and it's even more interesting when threesomes and foursomes are in play. I enjoy crack pairings more than the real ones. For example, Viola and Kruger look good together, but I recently developed a slight interest in Tomoe with Natsuki.

If I ever ship something hardcore, I try to ship my own characters that way so it's less dramatic. I hate arguments over ships. It's immature and stupid.

More on the subject of Shiznat, there's just something about that pairing I like, albeit it is overrated like everyone else says.
Lerena
Lerena
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist
The Solitary Slytherin Duelist

Bubuzuke points : 3771
Armitage GUTS!!! : 558
Location : In the middle of a dark void containing me and a laptop with inter-dimensional Internet

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:18 pm

Well, I first got into the franchise because of ShizNat...I was a huge shipper around 3 or 2 years ago. But yeah, lately...I can see that it is getting overrated. Still, hardcore ShizNat shippers would disagree with me on that one.

Lately I enjoy reading NatNao, MaiNat...and some ReitoxShizuru hahaha *runs* mainly for the crack for the last pairing tho.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:32 am

depression76 wrote:ReitoxShizuru hahaha *runs* mainly for the crack for the last pairing tho.

XD Same, they're too similar to have a successful relationship even if Shizuru were straight. Still it's great reading material if you can find it. I know Kara (one of our moderators) is interested in making their shipping more mainstream. Arika Yumemiya
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:54 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:ReitoxShizuru hahaha *runs* mainly for the crack for the last pairing tho.

XD Same, they're too similar to have a successful relationship even if Shizuru were straight. Still it's great reading material if you can find it. I know Kara (one of our moderators) is interested in making their shipping more mainstream. Arika Yumemiya

Yes, I agree. But then again, if Shizuru has to settle with a guy, I'd rather have her with Reito. There's something about his mysterious aura that could complement Shizuru's alluring self. Gorgeous couple if I may say so.

Really? awesome, I'll get reading then...later though, I'm still crawling through South of Nowhere archives haha.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 am

depression76 wrote:Yes, I agree. But then again, if Shizuru has to settle with a guy, I'd rather have her with Reito. There's something about his mysterious aura that could complement Shizuru's alluring self. Gorgeous couple if I may say so.

Yes! In that sense, Reito would be the only guy for her (in the Mai-HiME world anyway lol). It wasn't quite there, but you could feel some sort of shadowed chemistry between the two throughout the series. Shizuru is a big time lesbian, but she knows what men are like and what they want. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
depression76 wrote:Yes, I agree. But then again, if Shizuru has to settle with a guy, I'd rather have her with Reito. There's something about his mysterious aura that could complement Shizuru's alluring self. Gorgeous couple if I may say so.

Yes! In that sense, Reito would be the only guy for her (in the Mai-HiME world anyway lol). It wasn't quite there, but you could feel some sort of shadowed chemistry between the two throughout the series. Shizuru is a big time lesbian, but she knows what men are like and what they want. :)

You said it Luu xDD I completely agree. They'd make beautiful babies as well. And imho, Reito's the most threatening rival for...say, Natsuki in a ShizNat fic xD
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Overrated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't mind a good read of them once in a while, but I gotta agree with father and Mandy.

Over-fucking-rated. :3

I would love to see Shizuru spending time with Mai in the detention room, however. Mayhaps sharing a Tokiha-sammich with Natsuki. ;3 Come on people, there are more girls to make gay in the Mai-Series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mai_Tokiha Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:15 pm

ShizNat is my favorite couple of all times. Mostly because I think their relationship is more realistic. They have both their good times and bad times (the good times are mostly in doujin though ^^;; ). This doesn't happen so clearly with other anime couples, like NanoFate, this couple is too good to be true, in my opinion.

Even though I love the Shiznat coupling, I also enjoy other couplings, like Shizuru x Nao (those 2 can make a spicy couple ;D), Natuki x Nao, Shizuru x Tomoe etc.

But no matter how many doujin I read about ShizNat, I never have enough of them, so, perosnally, I don't think this couple is overrated, and I think it's the most realistic and ideal anime couple, I've ever seen.
ShizNat
Mai_Tokiha
Mai_Tokiha
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 82
Armitage GUTS!!! : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:17 pm

I believe that ShizNat is overrated because everyone writes them the same. During the Festival/as Vampires/or in some other unoriginal way.

The only way I like that pairing now is if I write it myself.

I like ShizNat better in Otome than HiME at any rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Absolutely overrated-I've gotten to the stage where I now hate Shizuru even lifting a finger anywhere near to Natsuki by the radius of ten yards. To me, I'd believe ShizNatsu wouldn't be able to survive properly without the needless twists fans seem to love doing of Shizuru literally raping Natsuki. I mean, honestly, there are barely any worthwhile stories these days that I want to read, this having lasted for a whole year. As Hollowed said, it is always the same plotlines now, they are either moping around in a suicidal motion of wanting to randomly kill each other in the carnival. "Oh, no, it seems Shizuru wants to kill herself-oh, Natsuki saved her, the end," it is either this, or: "I hate you Natsuki for what I did, now I am going to run away to a random location you'll never think of and purposely make you depressed whilst I attempt to self harm myself". And then of course there comes the case of the ShizNatsu fanatics adoring the vampire/werewolf and businesswoman/mechanic.

ShizNatsu would be bearable for me if they could actually come up with something which hasn't been used for once, just as Hollowed said again-and why they find it so difficult for coming up with something new I have no idea. Its a mindfuck really.

Because I am fekking sick and tired of the same mess, try these: Natsuki is captured on an abandoned island, only to find out it is ruled by a Mayan Queen along the name of Shizuru, however, that isn't all, she is into the dark arts and enslaves Natsuki for her own needs. Either this, or - Natsuki finds herself in the floating land of an unknown world, due to sleep; however will she survive this journey as she undergoes the realization that when she is wounded, this somehow effects her body in the living world? And with this coming along, Natsuki has to cope with the fact her dead friend, Shizuru seems to be in this world. Will Natsuki stay, or leave forever?

Come on people, I came up with those plots in a mere five minutes by thinking up random cultures, at least try it too by noting things down in Word or something. Hell, if this continues for you adapting a story of ShizNatsu like this which every damned person 'obviously' adores, you'll get a damned thousand reviews for one chapter. Urg, ShizNatsu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 pm

It's taken over the Mai HiME fanfiction section of basically every site that hosts mai hime/otome fanfic. While I understand the obsession for this pair (as it is pretty much canon from the anime), I think that we should perhaps shed light on other pairings. Whatever happened to Harukino? Midori/Youko? Akira/Takumi?
And even crazier... NatNao? ShizNao? MaiNao? ShizMai? MaiNat?
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

ookamidesu wrote:And even crazier... NatNao? ShizNao? MaiNao? ShizMai? MaiNat?

I'm quite fond of the crazy crack pairings you have listed. >:3

Could it be that, in terms of fanfiction, people just find it easy to write for ShizNat than any other Mai-Ship? Crack or Canon. Easy street sadly, I'd like to think authors can find a challenge in writing for other couples.

I'm not so much a fan of ShizuNatsu for the fanfiction anymore, I think me and Zhang are on the same page here. ShizNat is a couple I follow through doujinshi and the anime series only.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Amaya Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:28 am

Guest wrote:Because I am fekking sick and tired of the same mess, try these: Natsuki is captured on an abandoned island, only to find out it is ruled by a Mayan Queen along the name of Shizuru, however, that isn't all, she is into the dark arts and enslaves Natsuki for her own needs. Either this, or - Natsuki finds herself in the floating land of an unknown world, due to sleep; however will she survive this journey as she undergoes the realization that when she is wounded, this somehow effects her body in the living world? And with this coming along, Natsuki has to cope with the fact her dead friend, Shizuru seems to be in this world. Will Natsuki stay, or leave forever?

Come on people, I came up with those plots in a mere five minutes by thinking up random cultures, at least try it too by noting things down in Word or something. Hell, if this continues for you adapting a story of ShizNatsu like this which every damned person 'obviously' adores, you'll get a damned thousand reviews for one chapter. Urg, ShizNatsu.

Call me old fashioned but why in the world would I put ShizNat in such a scenario???They are anime characters from the Mai Series, I don't have to put them on a far island and make them dance Hula. I'm perfectly fine with stories that revolve around their anime world. If I want to write a story about an abandonded Island I don't need these two characters because it would be an original story where I can basically could create any character I want. It'd be fiction and not fanfiction. It's actually about what you consider fanfiction. I personally think that fanfiction should at least have anything to do with the actual characters or anime. Otherwise it would be just character stealing for a story you always wanted to write. But why are people to lazy to create unique characters for their original stories I don't know, probably because they seek reviews and readers.
Just stating this because I really think it's unnecessary to put them into such a scenario. I'm not getting tired of reading after carnival stories about them if the stor is written well. In fact, that is why I read fanfiction I want to imagine how the anime could go on and not about something that has nothing to do with the characters and the anime anymore. And this I am saying not as a ShizNat Fan because obviously I root for shiznat - what does everyone think of the Shiznat couple  527443308 but as a fan of fanfiction
Amaya
Amaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:14 am

Though I felt Wolvetta took the HiME/Otome fanfiction to new heights, I think I know what you're trying to say Amaya. By putting Shizuru and Natsuki in exotic scenarios that don't have any connection to the series they're based on, you start to think "Geez, this story might as well be about O.C.s or characters from another anime. Like put Rei and Minako from Sailor Moon in ShizNat's place and the story would come out the same." In her defense, she constantly made HiME/Otome references (terminologies to be exact) to remind us that it is a Mai-fanfiction.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by GAP Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 am

To be honest, I had no idea that this pairing was even popular. Before I was in the in the fandom, I thought it be a plethora of yuri to be honest but ShizNat shot that down.
GAP
GAP
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 429
Armitage GUTS!!! : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Shiznat has been since I met Mai-HiME, my favorite Yuri couple. Seriously, before I know it, I had no interest for any Yuri couple. As I said in another topic, I began to respect the different forms of love and I find myself, in fact, somewhat in that complicated relationship that occurs between the characters (well, or not). Perhaps because there is a greater humanity in them, something closer to reality (what is lacking in many anime out there). Yes, I'm terrible at expressing myself.

In this couple, I can find something different from the others, something more beautiful and that attracts me. They are too cute together (oh, really x3). I like the other couples for sure, but I have a particular attention paid to this one. Perhaps also because Natsuki is very similar to me....
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am

Veronica-Searrs wrote:In this couple, I can find something different from the others, something more beautiful and that attracts me. They are too cute together (oh, really x3). I like the other couples for sure, but I have a particular attention paid to this one. Perhaps also because Natsuki is very similar to me....

Most fans gravitate towards Natsuki Kuga because they generally relate to her personality. I used to be like her, believe it or not. There was a time when I was all alone, pretty much unable to trust people. That's why Shizuru's love for someone like her is so sweet, I mean how could you not love these two? They're compatible beyond belief and it really shows as the series progresses, indicating their relationship will be a long and successful one post-episode 26.

This discussion reminds me of a related topic, discussing which version of Natsuki we relate to:

Are you a Natsuki Kuga or a Natsuki Kruger?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next