Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

+23
Bluholic711
Veronica-Searrs
ookamidesu
Valkyria Lightning
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
bubbleduckie
sarcastic-dog
MidnightPersona
SulliMike23
Sergay Tate
WolvenBane08
The Fire Stirring Ruby
Abicion
Highman
Ice Silver Crystal
Konaxookami
emochick
GaleLupin-Otome
Midori Sugiura99
Kara
SpiderNeKoHiME
Kino karutta-chan
Luu Sky Sapphire
27 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

english - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 16 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Mai Otome Raw/Dub Comparisons Part II: Oi Oi! I got Shizuru's finger stuck in me bum!

Includes Japanese and English versions!

One of the best Shizuru Viola and Natsuki Kruger (ShizNat) moments in Mai-Otome. Haruka Armitage, Yukino and Yohko also guest star.

No matter how Southern she sounds, Melanie really sold this scene well~ Unfortunately the same can't be said about Cheryl as Natsuki.

"SHE-ZEW-ROO! Not. down. THERE!"

Akira Okuzaki Really? REALLY? What a way to oversell that moment. Saeko's little reaction was more subtle and cute~

As always Lori Barnes-Smith steals the show as the bitching Haruka Armitage. Armitage What I loved the most (aside from our ShizNat moment) was Lori-Haruka's "What?" It was a funny way to end that scene, so I used it as a parody in another video:

MM chibi omake 4: Haruka Armitage say WHAT?

WARNING: Only wrestling fans will understand it. :)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

english - Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome - Page 16 Empty Re: Bandai Entertainment's English dub for Mai HiME/Otome

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:13 pm

Last week, MNet America aired Episodes 21-22 (The Obsidian Prince Awakens and Collapse). Yeah, last week, we learn Reito is indeed the Obsidian Prince while Mikoto defeats Ms. Mashiro and Fumi. Shizuru makes the save for her Natsuki ( Shizuru Fujino ) and drives Nao off. This leads up to Haruka and Yukino finding Shizuru, thus leaving us off a cliffhanger.

This week, Episodes 23-24 aired (Love and Friendship, Heartlessness and Love is a Battle) tonight. We pick up where we last leave off when Shizuru defeats Yukino's Child, but not without Haruka leaving a lasting impression and landing the 'Badass Headbutt of Doom!' on Shizuru! Midori gets Miyu out from her capsule, and loses her Child (NOOOOOOO!!! ;_; ) in a scuffle with Mikoto. Later, Tate learns from Natsuki that Mai has feelings for him (...yeah). Shiho revealing she, too, is the mysterious flute-playing HiME and she fights Mai over Tate. Nao loses her Child thanks to Shizuru. Mikoto destroys Shiho's Child, and Tate fades away before Mai could confess her affection for him. We leave off with Mai in a broken state.

Next week: the two-part series finale! The rollercoaster comes to an end! YAYZ! :bounce:

Damn. Lots of slain Child(s), including my girl, Midori's Gakutenou. This is totally a lot to sink in. Anyway, can't wait for next week!

On the subject of foreign dubs, how many official foreign dubs for My-Hime are there?
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 am

Not sure about the amount of foreign dubs, honestly. I can only guess by the amount animenewsnetwork.com has listed that there are precisely 5, not including Japanese and English. Two of them don't have the voice actors listed. >_<
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:58 am

Mai Otome Raw/Dub Comparisons 17: Arika feeds Maki Maki Shiho Scene

During the Survival Exam for the Coral Otome, they are given a task to feed their Pearl and Meister Otome superiors with any available food they can find. This leads to hilarity when Shiho pays a visit to Arika Yumemiya and Erstin Ho.

Oh and Tomoe, you are such a ass-kissing slut. :) We love you for it.

And is it just me or does Chie Hallard have quite the infectious laugh?

From Mai-Otome Episode 9: "The Ocean - Swimsuit + Disaster = ?"
"Umi − Mizugi + Sōnan = ?" (海ー水着+遭難=?)
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulEaterHaruhis0s Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Well, as of last week, MNet America aired the final two episodes of My-Hime. Save for the disappointing battle with the Obsidian Prince, I liked the final two episodes. Though, the last scenes did completely throw me off upon my very first viewing. :geek:

I give the overall series a 8/10. The dub I give about a 7/10.

But, anywho, guess what? Starting now and on a weekly basis, MNet America is airing My-Otome!!! ^____^ Mikoto Minagi lol!

This will be my first viewing of this series. I hope it's as good as Hime.
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
SoulEaterHaruhis0s
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 156
Armitage GUTS!!! : 57

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1452642/Haruhi_Suzumiya_s0s

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 am

SoulEaterHaruhis0s wrote:Well, as of last week, MNet America aired the final two episodes of My-Hime. Save for the disappointing battle with the Obsidian Prince, I liked the final two episodes. Though, the last scenes did completely throw me off upon my very first viewing. :geek:

I give the overall series a 8/10. The dub I give about a 7/10.

But, anywho, guess what? Starting now and on a weekly basis, MNet America is airing My-Otome!!! ^____^ Mikoto Minagi lol!

This will be my first viewing of this series. I hope it's as good as Hime.

Congratulations on finishing Mai-HiME! IMO, Mai-Otome is technically better than HiME, you should like it better for more storyline and overall action sequences.

>_> The Obsidian Lord battle wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be. Everything else was nice though, like the HiME assembling and Mai vs. Mikoto II was amazing!
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

Mai HiME Raw/Dub Comparisons Part 22: Sister Yukariko is a HiME?! Scene

Aoi Senou gets attacked by an Orphan! Sister Yukariko Sanada drives the Orphan away, revealing herself as a HiME.

From Mai-HiME Episode 11: "Dance of Light and Darkness"
"Hikari to Yami no Rondo" (光と闇の輪舞(ロンド))

"Unfortunately I can't compete with someone like him"

>:3 Someone is jealous of The Lord!!! Also, Yukariko Sanada has the most epic NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO since Darth Vader. xD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Lol. The english dub is so weird. XD
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:04 pm

ookamidesu wrote:Lol. The english dub is so weird. XD

Akira Okuzaki : Understatement of the year goes to....*drum rolls with her kunai* Ookamidesu for her brilliant performance in 'Stating the Obvious'.

Shizuru Kaichou : No need to be sarcastic, Akira-kun~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by ookamidesu Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:

Akira Okuzaki : Understatement of the year goes to....*drum rolls with her kunai* Ookamidesu for her brilliant performance in 'Stating the Obvious'.

Shizuru Kaichou : No need to be sarcastic, Akira-kun~

It's all perspective, Okuzaki-kun. Some people watch only dubs, and therefore, subs would be weird for them. Razz
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Veronica-Searrs Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Well, isn't that bad... xP
I like it.
Veronica-Searrs
Veronica-Searrs
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 511
Armitage GUTS!!! : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:30 am

Veronica-Searrs wrote:Well, isn't that bad... xP
I like it.

:) Funimation's old Dragon Ball Z English dub was WORSE. Bandai Entertainment can sleep soundly at nights.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluholic711 Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Mai - decent enough. The whinning turns me off at times.

Reito- sounds like a black guy.

Shizuru- sexy cowgirl much?

Natsuki - trying too hard to sound Tsundere.

Yuuichi - Perfect!

Nao - Almost perfect. What's with the weird moaning??

Mikoto - needs alittle more feline.

Haruka -Perfect for her bitchy behavior.

Alyssa - sounds just like a kid! That's a good thing.

Takumi - Pretty decent.

Bluholic711
Bluholic711
Meister Otome
Meister Otome

Bubuzuke points : 4629
Armitage GUTS!!! : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by burande fujino Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Mai - decent enough. The whinning turns me off at times.

Reito- sounds like a black guy.

Shizuru- sexy cowgirl much?

Natsuki - trying too hard to sound Tsundere.

Yuuichi - Perfect!

Nao - Almost perfect. What's with the weird moaning??

Mikoto - needs alittle more feline.

Haruka -Perfect for her bitchy behavior.

Alyssa - sounds just like a kid! That's a good thing.

Takumi - Pretty decent.

I must say almost all of those are accurate ......
But I am someone who actually enjoys the sound of shizurus voice :Viola:

burande fujino
burande fujino
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 310
Armitage GUTS!!! : 26

http://shizbrand.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Bluholic711 wrote:Natsuki - trying too hard to sound Tsundere.

More like trying to sound like that one butch lesbian from The L Word. >_< Dammit, I keep forgetting her name. It's obvious Bandai Entertainment told Cheryl that this was a lesbian character (not exactly true...) so she gave birth to her awkward performance. XD
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:38 am

Everyone complained about the Dub, but while I didn't hate the Dub it was nothing to write home about, and no one can ever replace Yukari Tamura's voice for Midori, NO ONE!
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura
High Priest Brony of Midori-ism

Bubuzuke points : 3743
Armitage GUTS!!! : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by IlliterateKoi Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 am

I can't stand the dub, but I think that's just because I watched it with subs first. If I'd watched the dub version first my opinion may have been different but they all just sound really weird to me and I seriously can't sit through more than a couple minutes of it...it's good for a laugh though Razz
IlliterateKoi
IlliterateKoi
Goldfish wanker of Camelot
Goldfish wanker of Camelot

Bubuzuke points : 4261
Armitage GUTS!!! : 441

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:Everyone complained about the Dub, but while I didn't hate the Dub it was nothing to write home about, and no one can ever replace Yukari Tamura's voice for Midori, NO ONE!

Mariette Sluyter's performance made Midori sound more of a badass than an adventurous girl. Probably why I was more sold by her serious performance of Aswad Midori in Mai-Otome. She didn't do a bad job in my mind. I like Mariette, she's a great voice talent and a very intelligent advocate for gay rights, but her Midori doesn't come off like Yukarin's Midori. Just personal taste.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:Everyone complained about the Dub, but while I didn't hate the Dub it was nothing to write home about, and no one can ever replace Yukari Tamura's voice for Midori, NO ONE!

Mariette Sluyter's performance made Midori sound more of a badass than an adventurous girl. Probably why I was more sold by her serious performance of Aswad Midori in Mai-Otome. She didn't do a bad job in my mind. I like Mariette, she's a great voice talent and a very intelligent advocate for gay rights, but her Midori doesn't come off like Yukarin's Midori. Just personal taste.

I never said Mariette Sluyter did a bad job, I quite liked her actually. and I agree that her voice was perfect for a dub of Aswad Midori in particular .

I think that just because Yukarin's Midori is superior doesn't mean I have to hate Mariettes,
think of it in money analogy,
Lets represent Yukarin with $100, and Mariette with $90, just because one is slightly less preferred to be in my wallet doesn't mean I don't love it as well,
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by LyriumEidolon Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:31 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Veronica-Searrs wrote:Well, isn't that bad... xP
I like it.

:) Funimation's old Dragon Ball Z English dub was WORSE. Bandai Entertainment can sleep soundly at nights.

Would like to say that, compared to another dub I've seen, Funimation can also rest soundly in my opinion, as there have been far worse dubs. A few I had in mind are the 4Kids Yugioh dubs. In a number of times, things were left out, cut out and changed in the most retarded ways (for instance, crazy lovesick female duelist wants the protagonist Yugi. Original (from what I read on wiki): I win this duel, you're my love slave. 4Kids Dub: I win this duel, we go on a date. WTF people?). The stories of the dubs can also get so f**king perverted and gutted that it raises more "WTF"s (and that's just scratching the surface).

Anyway, I was getting off topic there. I haven't really watched the Mai-Hime Dub, and don't really intend to, as the 4Kids butchering of their anime has made me distrustful of anime dubs in general. Still, judging from what I've read here, things have not been anywhere near as bad as they could have been, and I would like to say I am really glad 4Kids didn't get hold of Mai Hime, otherwise they would have taken a butcher's cleaver to so many things, and next thing you know, Natsuki's got "invisible guns" and the HiME's most important people are "just getting sent to the Shadow Realm alive" instead of what happened in the original :evil: .

Breathe... breathe... breathe...

Okay. I'm still not sure whether I want to watch the Mai Hime Dub or not. Think I should?
LyriumEidolon
LyriumEidolon
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 331
Armitage GUTS!!! : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:29 am

LyriumEidolon wrote:Would like to say that, compared to another dub I've seen, Funimation can also rest soundly in my opinion, as there have been far worse dubs. A few I had in mind are the 4Kids Yugioh dubs. In a number of times, things were left out, cut out and changed in the most retarded ways (for instance, crazy lovesick female duelist wants the protagonist Yugi. Original (from what I read on wiki): I win this duel, you're my love slave. 4Kids Dub: I win this duel, we go on a date. WTF people?). The stories of the dubs can also get so f**king perverted and gutted that it raises more "WTF"s (and that's just scratching the surface).

Anyway, I was getting off topic there. I haven't really watched the Mai-Hime Dub, and don't really intend to, as the 4Kids butchering of their anime has made me distrustful of anime dubs in general. Still, judging from what I've read here, things have not been anywhere near as bad as they could have been, and I would like to say I am really glad 4Kids didn't get hold of Mai Hime, otherwise they would have taken a butcher's cleaver to so many things, and next thing you know, Natsuki's got "invisible guns" and the HiME's most important people are "just getting sent to the Shadow Realm alive" instead of what happened in the original :evil: .

Breathe... breathe... breathe...

Okay. I'm still not sure whether I want to watch the Mai Hime Dub or not. Think I should?

4Kids did the dub for Tokyo Mew Mew, they were doomed from the start. I can only imagine how awful the YugiOh dub was.

LOL! You really hate 4Kids, don't you? Don't blame you...ever hear their National Anthem video? If you do, you're probably already dead. Sleep soundly yourself, 4Kids will never touch Mai-HiME. If anything, I'm expecting FUNimation to pick it up now just Bandai Entertainment is out of business. As for the dub itself, I still recommend that you check it out. It's not horrible like 4Kids, but there is some good and bad to spot with certain characters. If you're not sold by the voices of Mai, Natsuki and Shizuru, you're probably not going to like the rest. Give yourself a trial. Arika Yumemiya 

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

I actually put all of Mai HiME and Mai Otome (both Subbed and Dubbed) on my Ipod Video, so over this summer I watched the Dub a few times, after all that I actually think I don't have as many problems as I did the first time, though sometimes I wish Takeda had a voice that could kill puppies ^^
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Midori Sugiura wrote:I actually put all of Mai HiME and Mai Otome (both Subbed and Dubbed) on my Ipod Video, so over this summer I watched the Dub a few times, after all that I actually think I don't have as many problems as I did the first time, though sometimes I wish Takeda had a voice that could kill puppies ^^

You learn to appreciate or at the very least, tolerate the English dub after a while. What got me was knowing there are far worse dubs out there. Like during FUNimation's days before Fruits Basket. Then there's the fact that some of the voice actresses did a very good job, imo. Carol-Anne Day was a very good Mai Tokiha.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Midori Sugiura Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Midori Sugiura wrote:I actually put all of Mai HiME and Mai Otome (both Subbed and Dubbed) on my Ipod Video, so over this summer I watched the Dub a few times, after all that I actually think I don't have as many problems as I did the first time, though sometimes I wish Takeda had a voice that could kill puppies ^^

You learn to appreciate or at the very least, tolerate the English dub after a while. What got me was knowing there are far worse dubs out there. Like during FUNimation's days before Fruits Basket. Then there's the fact that some of the voice actresses did a very good job, imo. Carol-Anne Day was a very good Mai Tokiha.

I also like Mariette Sluyter as Midori, and who can forget Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki
Midori Sugiura
Midori Sugiura

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:53 am

Midori Sugiura wrote:I also like Mariette Sluyter as Midori, and who can forget Cheryl McMaster as Natsuki

Cheryl McMaster is my own personal muse along with Melanie Risdon as Shizuru. XD Their performances are so over the top silly, it's hard to dislike them. Mariette Sluyter is a great voice actress too. Ever follow her on Facebook, James? She's very much like Aswald Midori, always voicing her opinion on world issues (mostly Canada related) and acting as a strong leader.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next