Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burst Angel Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Burst Angel Discussion Empty Burst Angel Discussion

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Mai-Multiverse(That's us!) IN:
*bang! bang!* Burst Angel Discussion *bang! bang!*

Burst Angel - opening - loosey

Burst Angel Discussion Burst_10
Burst Angel Discussion Burst_11

The basics of this slam bang series of awesomeness and hot girls:

Burst Angel (爆裂天使 ,Bakuretsu Tenshi) is a Japanese animated television series directed by Koichi Ohata, from a screenplay by Fumihiko Shimo, and produced by the Gonzo animation studio.

Burst Angel takes place in the near future, after a rise in criminal activity forced the Japanese government to allow citizens to possess firearms and establish the Recently Armed Police Taskforce (RAPT). The series follows Kyohei Tachibana, a culinary school student who dreams of becoming a pastry chef, and the band of mercenaries he works for.
The series aired on TV Asahi from April 6, 2004 to September 14, 2004, totaling 24 episodes. An original video animation, Burst Angel Infinity, was released on March 23, 2007. The music for both the series and OVA was composed by Masara Nishida. [From Wikipedia]

EVERYBODY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEY!!!

Gonzo really outdid themselves with Burst Angel. It's an action series about a couple of hot mercenaries and their uke male cook, who get into a lot of shit with mechas and other crazy villains. Leading the group is my favorite character *points to my signature*, Sei-sama. The sexy and rational leader who keeps everyone in line. Then we have the little girl techie, Amy who is so cute. Kyohei, one of the wimpiest males-in-distress I've ever seen, but he has a good heart which plays into Jo's character development. Then we have the ditzy damsel in distress, Meg (who's ALWAYS getting caught!!!) and her girlfriend Jo. ;p Jo is the badass of the team, with her tough as nails Clit Eastwood style personality. The kind of girl who would eat stale bread. Kinda like Indiana Jones in Temple of Doom, Jo starts out rough, cold and couldn't give too shits about saving people as long as her prize was safe (that being Meg-chan. <3 )then along the way, she goes from badass to a more compassionate person. Though she still kills baddies in cold blood when necessary. ;p

The series is pretty violent, not counting the over-the-top mecha action. Blood and guts spill everywhere, but in a more action sense rather than blatant gore like in Elfen Lied. To be honest, sometimes it's a series that doesn't know what it's trying to be. I can only compare it to a roller-coaster ride, just shut up and enjoy it. The soundtrack to this series...OMG...one of the best EVER.

I brought this series up since I'm currently on a rewatch, so if you enjoy it as much as I did, discuss all you want.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Burst Angel Discussion Empty Re: Burst Angel Discussion

Post by ookamidesu Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:14 am

Admittedly, I didnt read everything you wrote.

I had to watch the english dub because i couldnt find english sub ANYWHERE for streaming. ^_^;

In my opinion, the seiyuus weren't so bad though, so it's all good. I loved it! Jo is awesome! Meg was kinda annoying though. And you know, you'd think she'd be able to maneuver around the enemies a little better after having been around Jo so much... but ah wells. I think that might just be me being all nit-picky.

I love how the computer geniuses are alway some small kid in these anime series. ^-^;
ookamidesu
ookamidesu
Sexilicious Zhang-papa
Sexilicious Zhang-papa

Bubuzuke points : 8884
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1354

http://jnz5012.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:43 pm

dye882003 wrote:Admittedly, I didnt read everything you wrote.

I had to watch the english dub because i couldnt find english sub ANYWHERE for streaming. ^_^;

In my opinion, the seiyuus weren't so bad though, so it's all good. I loved it! Jo is awesome! Meg was kinda annoying though. And you know, you'd think she'd be able to maneuver around the enemies a little better after having been around Jo so much... but ah wells. I think that might just be me being all nit-picky.

I love how the computer geniuses are alway some small kid in these anime series. ^-^;

LOL You were watching FUNimation's episodes on YouTube, huh?

I agree, the English voice cast for Burst Angel was actually VERY good! Dubs are better than they used to be, and FUNi has come a long way since the horrid Dragon Ball/Z/GT dubs. LOL Think of it this way, maybe Meg gets kidnapped on purpose just so she can spend more time with her Jo. :3 It's hard to tell who I like more, Meg or Amy. Both fight for 3rd place, depends on my mood I guess. Meg is beautiful regardless of her ditziness, so I learn towards her more obviously.

Haha, it does seem cliche that Amy is the genius whiz.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down