Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natsuki and Shizuru Discussion/parallels

+7
hikari no fuuka
Hohoemu
Krystal of Nol
denerop
Kino karutta-chan
Maishina
Luu Sky Sapphire
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

natsuki - Natsuki and Shizuru Discussion/parallels - Page 2 Empty Re: Natsuki and Shizuru Discussion/parallels

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Hohoemu wrote:Thanks a lot, that's very nice to you!! You are right about the moment to give up I think. I am not blind though, I don't feel like all these lovers for whom the loved one is perfect etc, I know her qualities as well as her defects, I know she is not perfect, but that's the reason I love her with both. And even if all of her experiences of love were painful failures so she decided not to love anymore, she knows I love her, and I believe in something possible between us.

And thanks for the picture, it's a really wonderful scene, and it fills me with heath and hapiness *hugs and kisses*

I admire your strong dedication. Nobody is perfect, it's kind of our own personal mission to bring out the best in the one we love and vice versa. It's not something we have to do, it's just something people in love feel. I'm talking from my own experience, but the same can be said for many. ^_^

You're welcome! I've seen that scene a million times since 2006, but watching it a few months back inspired me to create the ShizNat website and this forum. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

natsuki - Natsuki and Shizuru Discussion/parallels - Page 2 Empty Re: Natsuki and Shizuru Discussion/parallels

Post by Hohoemu Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:44 am

Nobody is perfect, even if it's often said about me by my friends ^^

I started to watch them again yesterday, and it made me feel a bit nostalgic... I can't imagine never seing them again, I think.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 552
Armitage GUTS!!! : 248

http://www.poison-and-the-rose.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Hohoemu wrote:Nobody is perfect, even if it's often said about me by my friends ^^

I started to watch them again yesterday, and it made me feel a bit nostalgic... I can't imagine never seing them again, I think.

Haha, they're just being really considerate. You're great at what you do, which is drawing and being nice to others. That's all I know and quite frankly, that's good enough. ^_~

You did? ^_^ How nice! Starting another Mai-HiME rewatch?
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks, but you're very nice too!!!

Yes, not from the beginning but it's always good!! <3
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Imagine being someone having difficulty trusting people in general. Men and women alike. Screwed over countless times to the point of having a very secretive lifestyle. Unable to open up. Until one day, you meet this one special person who supported you, did favors out of kindness, and secretly became passionate about you. So much that it turns into more than just friendliness. The feelings for you become so strong, that this person will do anything to have you. This is where Shizuru usually gets her hate crowd, claiming her to be a rapist stalker. They couldn't be more wrong. It's a strong form of love, different from the norm. Maybe I'm too open minded, but I support that form of affection for another. Anyway, you soon realize the depth of this strong affection and treasure the fact that this person has been there for you since the beginning. The end result being forgiveness for this special person. After all, why throw everything away (even after a Duran and Kiyohime tangle) when this person truly loves you.

That is Shizuru and Natsuki to me.

Indeed that's how their relationship is, and I love the way you described it, specially the forgiveness part, I mean not everyone could do that, right? particularly with a past like Natsuki's
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:15 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:Indeed that's how their relationship is, and I love the way you described it, specially the forgiveness part, I mean not everyone could do that, right? particularly with a past like Natsuki's

Unfortunately, not. People with no forgiveness in their hearts are weak. Even weaker are the ones who claim they forgive, but things are never the same because of a change in attitude from the offended person. Thankfully, not only did Natsuki forgive Shizuru, she didn't become bitter towards her. If anything, their relationship (whether you all see it as friendship or love) is stronger than ever.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm

Thankfully, not only did Natsuki forgive Shizuru, she didn't become bitter towards her. If anything, their relationship (whether you all see it as friendship or love) is stronger than ever.

Believe me, the word for me is LOVE!
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:Believe me, the word for me is LOVE!

xD That's obvious. There are some fans that don't believe their relationship is canon sadly. ^_^; In any anime/manga fandom, you believe what you think it true. But don't fool yourself, just watch the Mai-HiME series very closely, especially in Mai-Otome where the two are beyond canon. Don't forget things like the drama cds and Natsuki no Prelude. For the doubters, you may discover something that you feel wasn't there before. Wink
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:32 pm

There are some fans that don't believe their relationship is canon sadly. ^_^; In any anime/manga fandom, you believe what you think it true. But don't fool yourself, just watch the Mai-HiME series very closely, especially in Mai-Otome where the two are beyond canon. Don't forget things like the drama cds and Natsuki no Prelude. For the doubters, you may discover something that you feel wasn't there before. Wink

Indeed, that's why our job is to make them see the light!!! That ShizNat is not a canon
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyr Luminos Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 am

Hurr. ^^ If there's one thing I gotta say here, is I think I've found my Shizuru. =]

When I first saw my-hime, I didn't think there was much special about it. It was well drawn, and the character's weren't annoying, but at first it seemed like a pretty, shiny cookie cutter cutout. I was ridiculously wrong. I think Natsuki first grabbed me at first sight. Stealthy, confident, strong, talented. Super determined. As the series progressed, I found myself loving the scenes that focused on her, and picked up (my gaydar is broken) slowly that there was an undeniable chemistry between Natsuki and Shizuru, things that seemed small but the way that both animation and vocals played out, made for a greater part as a whole. Like jigsaw pieces, they fit together in a way far more intimate (even though they never got there in the series) than any of the other characters. At least for me. Intimate in a, "I may not know everything, and I may not know your secrets, but I know you. And that's all that I need." sort of way. I'm pretty sure I was crying by the episode in the ruined church. I'm pretty sure I wanted a tattoo of duran on my arm pretty hard. But Natsuki and Shizuru proved the most amazing part of the whole my-hime experience. Without either one of them, I probably would have dropped the show, or left it as an okay, interesting but not mind blowingly amazing like it is now.

I was in a situation at that time when I felt very much like Shizuru. My personality, many of my interests, are like Natsuki, (not the cool part, but the wants to be badass, gruff and dismissive of hormones,) but I could so empathize with Shizuru's feelings; they were eating at my insides too. The woman I loved had slipped from me, and there was nothing I could do but protect her from afar. Help her find friends in a new town, and bring her smiles and help when I could. I couldn't ever voice my real feelings, even the ones of anger, of jealousy, because it wasn't my place to. It may sound pathetic to some people, but it was the thought of Shizuru's sacrifice, the depth's she would go to endure, that helped me get through it. I suppose it was a lesson in contrast - I saw how I could end up, how that would drive me crazy and her even further away, so I learned from Shizuru. Over time, I healed, moved on, accepting of the fact that she wasn't the one for me. We didn't click the way we did in the beginning anymore, and change was inevitable. I left it for months.

A year ago I met my little fox. 6 month's ago I asked her out. 4 month's ago, I showed her my-hime. Watched all of it in a marathon with her. (not one of my friends has liked the series before) and I got to see her transform from idle curiousity, to enraptured attention. She wants to go to a convention with me as shizuru, and everyday I fall more for her. Not just because she thinks Shizuru's amazing and natsuki's adorable, and we have arguments about who's really in charge (because everyone knows Natsuki is) but her passion is inspiring. It's deep and abiding. It resists all external forces, and is singularly devoted to that one, special person. Other than being fair skinned, with brown gold hair, and eyes like stormclouds mixed with liquid light, she strikes a chord in me that feels like shizuru and natsuki, without the anger and mistrust leftover from the carnival. I feel, I've learned much, about myself, and how to handle such a radically different personality such as mine, from this show. Because we're so different, we click so much more. I put so much more effort into clearing the lines of communication, because I never want her to feel like Shizuru did when Natsuki turned her down in confusion. I had to reassure her I didn't love her just because she liked my all-time favourite anime, but because she was the shizuru to my natsuki. The light when I was darkest, who loved me when I couldn't love myself.

So. This is my shoutout. Of thanks, for all the things I've learned, and probably will continue to learn, from My-Hime. To shizuru and natsuki, whose enduring love inspires me. It gives me hope in times I think are hopeless. And, to my fox. Who gives me rubbins and pettin's and tells me I'm badass when I glare at her after calling me cute. /endrant

Tyr Luminos
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 4
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:58 pm

I read your whole text, from the very begining to the very end, and I can imagine what it was and is now for you.
To me, Natsuki and Shizuru's relationship has a lot to bring and us, and we have a lot to learn from it, whoever we are. I didn't realise it at first, but as I discuss about it and remember the Mai-HIME episodes about them, I can see all I got from it. I think it was a way for me to learn more about myself maybe, and to have a less biassed vision of myself through Shizuru -who is really the Mai-HIME character I can identify myself to. And it also permited me to love myself more, as you said "when I couldn't love myself". And even if my Natsuki is very different from The Natsuki, I love her the way I would have loved Natsuki, the way Shizuru does.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:48 am

Very deep sentiments there Tyr Luminos. Your entire post proves how much we can learn from Shizuru and Natsuki.

Times seem hopeless to a lot of Mai-HiME/Otome fans I've met. They all watch what they see on TV and the doujinshi/fanfics and want their piece of the pie. Personally, I try not to think about that anymore. Even in the worst of times, I never grabbed one of my friends and cried "boo-hoo, when will I find someone?!" Finding someone is the easy part for me, falling in love is the complicated issue. Even if you don't end up with your "Natsuki" or "Shizuru" (depending if you're the uke or seme type), you should still maintain a friendship. You never know when that person may change his or her mind.

Like Hohoemu said, thanks for sharing your thoughts. One could learn a lot from Shizuru and Natsuki's ordeal throughout the Carnival arc. Shizuru's passion and Natsuki's understanding made everything work. In the end, only you can make your own ShizNat romance a reality. Just be yourself, you'll be fine.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:13 am

You always find the good words to say thinks Luu, you're fantastic!! ^^
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 pm

You know, when I read all this I was very happy because with this we can see that Mai HiME is not just a show and ShizNat is not only a couple we really, really love but we can learn from them :D

And you're right Luu 'Finding someone is the easy part
for me, falling in love is the complicated issue' I know that, trust me with this.
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:You know, when I read all this I was very happy because with this we can see that Mai HiME is not just a show and ShizNat is not only a couple we really, really love but we can learn from them :D

Mai-HiME would be just a show if the characters weren't three-dimensional with personalities we can relate to. That isn't the case, obviously.

Not everyone will understand ShizNat right off the bat. Takes a few re-watches to see that Shizuru isn't a psychopath, but a misguided soul who fell deeply in love.

Krystal of Nol wrote:And you're right Luu 'Finding someone is the easy part
for me, falling in love is the complicated issue' I know that, trust me with this.

*shrugs* That's life I suppose. You are a lesbian, am I right? (I was fooled by someone with the claim of being "bi" so just making sure...) Don't try too hard to find your Shizuru or Natsuki. She'll come to you.

Trust me with this. ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:37 pm

Not everyone will understand ShizNat right off the bat. Takes a few re-watches to see that Shizuru isn't a psychopath, but a misguided soul who fell deeply in love.

Luu, my friend you really are skilled with words :D but I guess I'm not the first one to tell you that.

You are a lesbian, am I right? (I was fooled by someone with the claim of being "bi" so just making sure...) Don't try too hard to find your Shizuru or Natsuki. She'll come to you.

Trust me with this. ^_^

*giggles* Oh my, I really give that impression? mmmmm... I wonder.

Anyway, when I said that finding someone was easy I mean it, I don't want to sound arrogant or anything but I've known more than a couple of people interested
in me so... let's just say I'm like Natsuki in that... maybe this can give you an answer for your question :)
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:Luu, my friend you really are skilled with words :D but I guess I'm not the first one to tell you that.

I appreciate the flattery. ^_^ Your statement is accurate though, you're not the first to tell me that. I just feel these words, I don't make them up. Hard to explain. The way ShizNat makes me feel, the words I express for them, easily work their way out.

Krystal of Nol wrote:I don't want to sound arrogant or anything but I've known more than a couple of people interested
in me so... let's just say I'm like Natsuki in that... maybe this can give you an answer for your question :)

Heh, I see now. You don't sound arrogant to me, if it's true, it's true. I'm the same way. Before my last true girlfriend, Mitchie, I found myself sleeping around. They were all very lovely women with dreams and ambitions like me. But only passion existed and not love. I'm in love with someone right now and for all the would-be girls I could of easily ended up with, I want her. No different than how Shizuru must of felt, you know?

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hohoemu Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:04 am

I can't say so; people don't seem to be interested in me, but in a way it's better. And it's been a long time until I find The girl for me, even though she is not more intersted than another... ^^ Maybe due to the fact I wasn't searching for love, and surely not for a girl! But well, it's life, probably.
Hohoemu
Hohoemu
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Hohoemu wrote:I can't say so; people don't seem to be interested in me, but in a way it's better.

How so? Perhaps the pressures of being in a relationship frightens you? I wouldn't blame you, if that were the case. ^^;

With Shizuru and Natsuki, I want to actually see their relationship evolve. Oh sure, there's Natsuki No Prelude and the new OVA, but I want more than that. To actually see the looks in their eyes when they're together, expressing their feelings when they're alone. If Sunrise green lights another Mai-HiME series, that would be a perfect opportunity to see the two blossom further.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Hohoemu wrote:But well, it's life, probably.

Maybe you're right and that how life is but it's better to be positive and see the bright side of it, you'll never know when love knock at your door... maybe the same's for me XD

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Oh sure, there's Natsuki No Prelude
and the new OVA, but I want more than that. To actually see the looks in
their eyes when they're together, expressing their feelings when
they're alone. If Sunrise green lights another Mai-HiME series, that
would be a perfect opportunity to see the two blossom further.

What OVA, you mean Kuro no mai?

Yeah I'm totally with you, please let's Sunrise listen to you my friend!
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Krystal of Nol wrote:What OVA, you mean Kuro no mai?

Yeah I'm totally with you, please let's Sunrise listen to you my friend!

That is correct, my friend. Here it is again, in case anyone out there hasn't seen it yet:

http://shiznat.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/8237169-mai-hime-kuro-no-mai-saigo-no-bansan-english-subbed

LOL Sunrise should listen to a lot of fans out there. So many passionate fans like us here at the Multiverse want more from the Mai franchise. Even if Sunrise feels the main adventures are over, they can still make spin offs. A Shizuru and Natsuki spin off would become a mega hit sensation! ^_^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:A Shizuru and Natsuki spin off would become a mega hit sensation! ^_^

Indeed my friend, and I bet they know it, so I don't know what are they waiting for *sigh*
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:...To actually see the looks in their eyes when they're together, expressing their feelings when they're alone. If Sunrise green lights another Mai-HiME series, that would be a perfect opportunity to see the two blossom further.
Well, we have so much FFs and some doujins, too. We should be grateful for these. Anyway, yeah, it would be too great, if Sunrise would make something again, but that wouldn't be enough at all. At some point, I would want more. So they have to make something through I die XD

Well, I am always reading huge posts, but I haven't anything left to say to this. You all said what I would said (or so).
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Kino karutta-chan wrote:Anyway, yeah, it would be too great, if Sunrise would make something again, but that wouldn't be enough at all. At some point, I would want more. So they have to make something through I die XD

I'm with you, it will be never enough
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol

Back to top Go down

Post by Kino karutta-chan Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:14 am

We should quote you: "Cuz is never enough ShizNat!" ;D;D
Kino karutta-chan
Kino karutta-chan
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö
Eyes Set to Kk-chan ö.ö

Bubuzuke points : 7047
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1556

http://kinokarutta-chan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next