Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory

4 posters

Go down

hime - The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory Empty The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory

Post by Abicion Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Good evening, members of the Mai-Multiverse Forum. I have recently uncovered a rather peculiar series of facts that I feel the Mai Hime fanbase has overlooked through the years. Despite the fact the HiME anime was made in 2004, the cast list features at least one representative from nearly every mainstream Namco Tales game to date. Please consider the following:

Tales of Phantasia: Junko Iwao (Akane / Mint)
Tales of Destiny: Tomokazu Seki (Yuuichi / Stahn) and Kikuko Inoue (Yukariko / Philia)
Tales of Eternia: Akira Ishida (Nagi / Reid)
Tales of Destiny 2: Ryoka Yuzuki (Haruka / Reala) and Toshihiko Seki (Reito / Loni)
Tales of the Abyss: YUKANA (Mashiro and Fumi / Tear)
Tales of the Tempest: Mitsuki Saiga (Chie / Lukius)
Tales of Innocence: Akiko Kimura (Youko / Ruca)
Tales of Vesperia: Mai Nakahara (Mai / Estelle)
Tales of Hearts: Saeko Chiba (Natsuki / Beryl)
Tales of Phantasia NDX: Yukari Tamura (Midori / Etos)

What do you think this means, Mai-Multiverse Forum? Is it an innocent coincidence, ... or is there a darker purpose for this mysterious gathering?

Last edited by Abicion on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

hime - The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory Empty Re: The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:06 pm

At first I thought this was an innocent coincidence, but then I look at the old Wolf Team logo and I'm immediately reminded of Natsuki Kruger's Z-pin.

Creepy.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

hime - The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory Empty Re: The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory

Post by Highman Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:At first I thought this was an innocent coincidence, but then I look at the old Wolf Team logo and I'm immediately reminded of Natsuki Kruger's Z-pin.

Creepy.

Does that mean HiME franchise could get a Video Game adaptation. I'm in it for RPG and Fighting game, If announced soon!
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Highman wrote:Does that mean HiME franchise could get a Video Game adaptation. I'm in it for RPG and Fighting game, If announced soon!

I'd love an RPG with all the fancy graphics Naruto has. The series Namco/Bandai will gladly bend over backwards for. Where I'm at now, Mai-Otome Butou Shi is all we play from time to time. Our local tournament for it last year was pretty exciting, albeit small. I'd like to do it again in the near future.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I'd love an RPG with all the fancy graphics Naruto has. The series Namco/Bandai will gladly bend over backwards for. Where I'm at now, Mai-Otome Butou Shi is all we play from time to time. Our local tournament for it last year was pretty exciting, albeit small. I'd like to do it again in the near future.
There's also that HiME PSP game with the really bad framerate.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Omigod. It's true!!!! Damn anime world, recycling characters like that.

Hahaha, but that's pretty cool.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Bubuzuke points : 2072
Armitage GUTS!!! : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 pm

Sometimes I wonder how My HiME may have played out if all of the characters had been replaced by their respective Tales counterparts.

hime - The ''Mai Hime is Tales'' Theory 23uwt5k

I guess Sunrise has a head start depicting Akane being immediately destroyed the moment she's put in serious combat.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 pm

I think someone should write a fanfiction for it *nudge nudge* (That's me hinting that you should make a fanfiction for it :) )

Lol, leave it to you to find the hidden meanings, huh? But in Akane's defense, she was up against Miyu, I think she could've totally kicked Yukino's and Akira's asses, fo' sho'!

I hate playing as the healers and magic users, personally, I'm more of a straight up sword kinda girl haha.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 pm

I don't really like writing surreal, out-of-character crossover fiction. It just seems to defeat the whole reason I like certain characters and takes them out of their element. I'm still considering the idea of making an Akane AMV using Stan Bush's "She's Got the Power" just for irony, though.

I know someone's probably going to complain that the Columns are completely OOC in Terrible Things Happen to Akane, but, eh, I just see it as a slight exaggeration of their snob potential.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:51 pm

I can see where you're comin' from with that. For me it doesn't matter if the characters are OOC or in complete character because I hate them all :) haha

Yeah, but that was important for the story! And the columns really weren't quite explored, meaning you could've gone any which way with them!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Kara wrote:For me it doesn't matter if the characters are OOC or in complete character because I hate them all :) haha
Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to put so much of an emotional interest in something you apparently hate every aspect of?

Maybe I should be asking myself that question.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:35 am

Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to put so much of an emotional interest in something you apparently hate every aspect of?

You do such things with a passionate hate. :)

Lol Jk, when I say I hate them all, I don't mean HATE I mean mild dislike of many of their given characteristics. Saying hate just sums it up much quicker. Hahaha, sorry, I kind of have a very confusing mindset.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 am

New conspiracy question; also seiyuu-related.

Why are Yukariko and Akane singing about penguins?
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Why are Yukariko and Akane singing about penguins?.

Maybe they just love penguins that much.
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Ehhh, I don't know.

In the Mai Hime universe, I can feasibly see them fighting each other with penguins that have missile launchers attached to their backs. Sort of like Danny DeVito's ultimate plan in Batman Returns, except they'd be demonic cyborg alien penguins powered by the HiME Star.

I'm not sure about the two of them getting together to sing about penguins, though.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:58 pm

LOLOL. Hahaha, well maybe it was Midori's fault, she must've gotten them drunk enough to sing!
Kara
Kara
Token Straight Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:00 am

Kara wrote:LOLOL. Hahaha, well maybe it was Midori's fault, she must've gotten them drunk enough to sing!

Very plausible. If Midori Sugiura can get Yukariko Sanada drunk (which she did, successfully), sky's the limit for her.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:54 am

And given her sociable nature, Akane would probably get wasted faster than she stopped being relevant.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down