Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose

4 posters

Go down

Is HiME/Otome Connected ?

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Vote_lcap244%Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Vote_lcap256%Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Empty Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose

Post by Highman Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:10 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, today we are discussing about the Materializing systems in HiME/Otome worlds. Yes, you can decide If you want add your speculation on HiME/Otome connection. Since we've have all the time to deliberate all over this but I think we should learn about how matter and energy became all about.

Even figure why the Black Mountain made and what it's purpose, who created it and why? Was the whole Carnival a fabrication to gain energy from humans to make it stronger ? Why did Mashiro and Nagi go back to their worlds after the Carnival ? Also why did the Japanese Government put all their cards into Iwasuka Pharmesuiticals (District One) ?

They are million questions that we need to be answered and this thread can give all the explanations.

As the saga begins comes around, we unfold the truth and find a clear answer.

Plus this first poll question: Is HiME/Otome connected
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 634
Armitage GUTS!!! : 113

Back to top Go down

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Empty Re: Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 am

I was quite hesitant to vote YES, mainly because I'm not entirely convinced the two universes are connected until a new anime series (we can only hope...) rises from the ashes. The hints from the end of Mai-Otome, Zwei and 0~S.ifr~ could just be nostalgic fan-service for the crowd who misses Mai-HiME.

Or not?

The picture drama with HiMEverse Arika, Erstin, Nina clone and Nina cat is when SUNRISE started building the "bridge" for me. Maybe it's just another 20006 prank, but as you said, too many unanswered questions piled on top of too many unexplored events in the time line.

It's a massive gap to fill. If SUNRISE goes through with it, I want it to be very story driven. I'd love to read some other opinions/thoughts, so share what you got people. Perhaps we can unravel what SUNRISE may be planning next.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Empty Re: Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose

Post by Highman Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:08 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:I was quite hesitant to vote YES, mainly because I'm not entirely convinced the two universes are connected until a new anime series (we can only hope...) rises from the ashes. The hints from the end of Mai-Otome, Zwei and 0~S.ifr~ could just be nostalgic fan-service for the crowd who misses Mai-HiME.

Or not?

The picture drama with HiMEverse Arika, Erstin, Nina clone and Nina cat is when SUNRISE started building the "bridge" for me. Maybe it's just another 20006 prank, but as you said, too many unanswered questions piled on top of too many unexplored events in the time line.

It's a massive gap to fill. If SUNRISE goes through with it, I want it to be very story driven. I'd love to read some other opinions/thoughts, so share what you got people. Perhaps we can unravel what SUNRISE may be planning next.

I just hope Sunrise won't take it seriously on Mai-franchise (HiME) but to take time and further along with the plot. I like there drama struggles in HiME but Otome was just messed up and a trainwreck from the get-go. This franchise has great potential to become something amazing and possibly define odds. Sunrise knows they are Nintendo of anime and they do what they want and not give a damn. Razz
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:18 am

Highman wrote:I just hope Sunrise won't take it seriously on Mai-franchise (HiME) but to take time and further along with the plot. I like there drama struggles in HiME but Otome was just messed up and a trainwreck from the get-go. This franchise has great potential to become something amazing and possibly define odds. Sunrise knows they are Nintendo of anime and they do what they want and not give a damn. Razz

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't mind Mai-Otome, I've grown to adore it more since it's debut years back. It's just that, it should be it's own series. You say it has great potential and it does. I said many times Mai-HiME is the next Sailor Moon. It just came out at the wrong time and it's hailed as a yuri themed anime, separating it from mainstream anime/manga audiences. Wrong! Underneath it's fan-service is a very engaging series with almost everything you could want in an franchise series. Action, romance, drama, all that.

lol Well, the Nintendo of anime better take their creation seriously. Pretty Cure's fanbase is through the roof, while Mai-HiME/Otome remains almost underground. If SUNRISE filled those gaps we mentioned earlier, the casual fan can understand and follow this franchise easier.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:44 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Highman wrote:I just hope Sunrise won't take it seriously on Mai-franchise (HiME) but to take time and further along with the plot. I like there drama struggles in HiME but Otome was just messed up and a trainwreck from the get-go. This franchise has great potential to become something amazing and possibly define odds. Sunrise knows they are Nintendo of anime and they do what they want and not give a damn. Razz

I wholeheartedly agree. I don't mind Mai-Otome, I've grown to adore it more since it's debut years back. It's just that, it should be it's own series. You say it has great potential and it does. I said many times Mai-HiME is the next Sailor Moon. It just came out at the wrong time and it's hailed as a yuri themed anime, separating it from mainstream anime/manga audiences. Wrong! Underneath it's fan-service is a very engaging series with almost everything you could want in an franchise series. Action, romance, drama, all that.

lol Well, the Nintendo of anime better take their creation seriously. Pretty Cure's fanbase is through the roof, while Mai-HiME/Otome remains almost underground. If SUNRISE filled those gaps we mentioned earlier, the casual fan can understand and follow this franchise easier.

I do not know Pretty Cure got a huge fanbase (* puts his fingers*Canadians) but surely If we had Saturday Morning cartoons once again than Pretty Cure would been a bigger fanbase than expected. I'm really anxious on what the storyline of HiME and how did Materialization system began, are there more HiME that haven't developed their powers and have free will on having intimate relationships.

What are the pros and cons of Materialization system

Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:24 am

They're in the same universe.

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 15qyt5y

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 1zxm4x

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 5r5g5

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 29nxfes

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Qna594

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 259l3ee

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 15s0xfs

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 2lxth7q

They tell you on-screen they're in the same universe. Otome powers are just are a man-made, reverse-engineered, mass produced emulation of the magical / alien HiME powers. In all probability, they were created with Searrs' stolen data.

Anyone who still thinks Mai Otome is an AU series either hasn't watched Sifr or is in some weird form of denial.

Last edited by Abicion on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Bubuzuke points : 247
Armitage GUTS!!! : 16

https://www.youtube.com/user/OrihimintRyunanade

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 am

Abicion wrote:They're in the same universe.

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 15qyt5y

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 1zxm4x

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 29nxfes

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose Qna594

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 259l3ee

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 15s0xfs

Materializing System: Exploring it's purpose 2lxth7q

They tell you on-screen they're in the same universe. Otome powers are just are a man-made, reverse-engineered, mass produced emulation of the magical / alien HiME powers. In all probability, they were created with Searrs' stolen data.

Anyone who still thinks Mai Otome is an AU series either hasn't watched Sifr or is in some weird form of denial.

Watched Sifr five times and yet I don't believe HiME/Otome are connected nor, the HiME mark so messed up but the Black Mountain almost made me believe it.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:14 pm

Abicion wrote:Anyone who still thinks Mai Otome is an AU series either hasn't watched Sifr or is in some weird form of denial.

The latter for me. When SUNRISE fills that huge gap, I'll be more convinced. You know, convinced is the wrong word. More like, I'll be properly educated in how these two series are connected. As of right now, the events of Mai-HiME means nothing to what happens to Mai-Otome. I don't think Rena's discovery passes as a "I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father," moment. Mai-Otome is Arika and Nina's story. Were they told about the adventures of Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga and Mikoto Minagi, they wouldn't necessarily care much. You could be right, though. Maybe it's just me wanting to see more. ^^; I think it was Highman who said there might be a new series next year (correct me on this) so we'll see.

Loved the Saba cameo, btw.

Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
Abicion wrote:Anyone who still thinks Mai Otome is an AU series either hasn't watched Sifr or is in some weird form of denial.

The latter for me. When SUNRISE fills that huge gap, I'll be more convinced. You know, convinced is the wrong word. More like, I'll be properly educated in how these two series are connected. As of right now, the events of Mai-HiME means nothing to what happens to Mai-Otome. I don't think Rena's discovery passes as a "I was once a Jedi Knight, the same as your father," moment. Mai-Otome is Arika and Nina's story. Were they told about the adventures of Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga and Mikoto Minagi, they wouldn't necessarily care much. You could be right, though. Maybe it's just me wanting to see more. ^^; I think it was Highman who said there might be a new series next year (correct me on this) so we'll see.

Loved the Saba cameo, btw.

I'm not lying and I'm sure they'll be an HiME saga, I've heard this rumors when blu-ray mini's hinted they are starting an project, plus alot of advertising were done in live pop-quizzes and pachinko slot games plus EXA as well. Maybe this month Sunrise announced Gintama and HiME will make a big comeback. Next Year, Sunrise will return back to the pinnacle of making good anime, If they make the right situations and take time.

Sunrise needs to make anew story and make it interested.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:33 am

Well I'm not sure if I should vote on that at all...I kind of agree with Lu on that subject (and I've never watched sifr.)

Mai Otome had wonderful potential and had a few very good ideas...but like my boyfriend said when he watched it with me...there are a lot of different plotholes and they sometimes didn't think things really through.
I know it's an anime series but it hurts to see so much potential wasted on a bit of fanservice. (Not that I don't like the fanservice ^^)
A lot more questions answered and a good thought through story-line would have been great.
The gaps between Hime and Otome is what leaves me sceptical. I'd like to ignore Otome2 entirely...
Again I have to agree with Luu when she says a completely story driven arc which explains all the gaps and holes woud be great...but I think they wont do that if you think about who the target group of the original concept was....>_<
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 162
Armitage GUTS!!! : 71

http://sarcastic-dog.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Highman wrote:I'm not lying and I'm sure they'll be an HiME saga, I've heard this rumors when blu-ray mini's hinted they are starting an project, plus alot of advertising were done in live pop-quizzes and pachinko slot games plus EXA as well. Maybe this month Sunrise announced Gintama and HiME will make a big comeback. Next Year, Sunrise will return back to the pinnacle of making good anime, If they make the right situations and take time.

Oh you're not lying. Mai-HiME/Otome promotion has been super active lately, that is a fact. The pachinko slot games rocked my world, btw. I had to upload footage of those on YouTube. I'll be awaiting the incredible news. As of right now, only Sifr's North American release is the thing I'm waiting for. Even that's a bit disappointing with lack of dub. Yeah, you read correctly. I want to be entertained further by Bandai's own botchamania series.

sarcastic-dog wrote:Again I have to agree with Luu when she says

Ara, ara. :3

I do agree to an extent. The dislike (or confusion) for Mai-Otome is perfectly understandable. How many of you actually believed Mai-HiME was coming out with a direct sequel at the time? This question is for anyone who has never heard about the existence of Mai-Otome, nor have seen the "Rick Roll" trailer.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The latter for me. When SUNRISE fills that huge gap, I'll be more convinced. You know, convinced is the wrong word. More like, I'll be properly educated in how these two series are connected.
Exactly what education are you holding out for? HiME always boiled down to a bunch of ambiguous hand waving when it explained its own physics and history, so it doesn't have a whole lot of clear criteria for Otome to carry over. Zwei even did a better, more consistent job at explaining what a Child is.

The connections between HiME and Otome are about as concrete as they can get, unless Miyu suddenly has the Administar start showing reruns of My HiME on a giant projector as documentary footage or something.

Mai-Otome is Arika and Nina's story. Were they told about the adventures of Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga and Mikoto Minagi, they wouldn't necessarily care much.
So?

Zeta Gundam is a direct sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam, but the fact Zeta is Camille's story doesn't change the fact MSG was Amuro and Char's story.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

Abicion wrote:
Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:The latter for me. When SUNRISE fills that huge gap, I'll be more convinced. You know, convinced is the wrong word. More like, I'll be properly educated in how these two series are connected.
Exactly what education are you holding out for? HiME always boiled down to a bunch of ambiguous hand waving when it explained its own physics and history, so it doesn't have a whole lot of clear criteria for Otome to carry over. Zwei even did a better, more consistent job at explaining what a Child is.

The connections between HiME and Otome are about as concrete as they can get, unless Miyu suddenly has the Administar start showing reruns of My HiME on a giant projector as documentary footage or something.

Mai-Otome is Arika and Nina's story. Were they told about the adventures of Mai Tokiha, Natsuki Kuga and Mikoto Minagi, they wouldn't necessarily care much.
So?

Zeta Gundam is a direct sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam, but the fact Zeta is Camille's story doesn't change the fact MSG was Amuro and Char's story.

Well how can it be concrete, just look at the pic carefully.

I'm not taking this connection a grain of salt, sure as hell knows it won't be connected. The Black Mountain almost had it me close but no cigar. Really interested on who created the Black Mountain they better have a good/bad reason.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:54 am

Sorry Luu...kinda missed that...just saw it afterwards when I went through the forum. ^^

I didn't actually believe that there should be a sequel and I like Otome a lot...though I'm a bit disapointed, and that's putting it mildly, at Sunrise that they led so much opportunities for good stories and in the end consistend plot fall down for the sake of a quick release and a lot of fanservice.
and Abicion was right too. It's sort of handwaving at a lot of concepts in Otome as well as in Hime. I think they should at least establish a time line and stuff for this before they actually think to put something out. It's like with good video games, they need time but then they're really good and will be remembered.

I have absolutly nothing against a Mai-Hime saga...as long as there's a consistent plot and story. I would really welcome that.

sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:19 am

sarcastic-dog wrote:
Sorry Luu...kinda missed that...just saw it afterwards when I went through the forum. ^^

I didn't actually believe that there should be a sequel and I like Otome a lot...though I'm a bit disapointed, and that's putting it mildly, at Sunrise that they led so much opportunities for good stories and in the end consistend plot fall down for the sake of a quick release and a lot of fanservice.
and Abicion was right too. It's sort of handwaving at a lot of concepts in Otome as well as in Hime. I think they should at least establish a time line and stuff for this before they actually think to put something out. It's like with good video games, they need time but then they're really good and will be remembered.

I have absolutly nothing against a Mai-Hime saga...as long as there's a consistent plot and story. I would really welcome that.

No one have the balls to make a good sequel from HiME, except from me..............a little bit! Should be an Mai HiME RPG or Fighting game next year. Maybe really interesting on how the story unfold from an Video Game perspective.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by sarcastic-dog Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:35 am

that sounds good ^^
I kinda work on a adaption of Mai Otome (realistic ways...means do defying of physical laws and all...^^) in the written word. So I'd like to see it when it's finished. ^^
sarcastic-dog
sarcastic-dog
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:43 am

sarcastic-dog wrote:that sounds good ^^
I kinda work on a adaption of Mai Otome (realistic ways...means do defying of physical laws and all...^^) in the written word. So I'd like to see it when it's finished. ^^

It hasn't been started it yet, I'm planning a story after the Carnival in another place in Tokyo. I'll do what I can get it done!
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Still buzzing to the fact who created Materializing system. Did the gods create or was it human emotions.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Abicion Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Obsidian Lord created it using the technology he brought with him. He's an alien who landed on Earth in the early 4th century, and the mushroom-shaped rock with the lights on it you see in HiME 26 is the fossilized remains of his spaceship.

Obsidian Lord set up the Festival to find himself a human body and a wife to dominate humanity with, possibly because he's limited to being a giant floating eyeball with swords growing out of it in his native form.

Based on von Daniken's Ancient Astronaut Theory (note: just watch the original Stargate movie if you want the abbreviated version), Obsidian Lord used his crazy alien technology to take advantage of the superstitions of ancient humankind and pose as what they perceived to be a god.

The 12 HiME in each cycle are created by abducting each HiME-to-be's pregnant mother, encoding part of OL's power onto the unborn baby, and erasing the mother's memory of the event so the parents don't realize their daughter is a mutant and everything's hunky dory.

Otome Fumi re-discovered OL's technology (again, probably through Searrs' extensive records) and used it to end the world war you briefly see in Sifr's prologue. When she was done, she put limits like the life-sharing system and the virginity gimmick in place so the system wouldn't be abused.

It is the only logical explanation.
Abicion
Abicion
HiME Ranger
HiME Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Highman Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 pm

Abicion wrote:Obsidian Lord created it using the technology he brought with him. He's an alien who landed on Earth in the early 4th century, and the mushroom-shaped rock with the lights on it you see in HiME 26 is the fossilized remains of his spaceship.

Obsidian Lord set up the Festival to find himself a human body and a wife to dominate humanity with, possibly because he's limited to being a giant floating eyeball with swords growing out of it in his native form.

Based on von Daniken's Ancient Astronaut Theory (note: just watch the original Stargate movie if you want the abbreviated version), Obsidian Lord used his crazy alien technology to take advantage of the superstitions of ancient humankind and pose as what they perceived to be a god.

The 12 HiME in each cycle are created by abducting each HiME-to-be's pregnant mother, encoding part of OL's power onto the unborn baby, and erasing the mother's memory of the event so the parents don't realize their daughter is a mutant and everything's hunky dory.

Otome Fumi re-discovered OL's technology (again, probably through Searrs' extensive records) and used it to end the world war you briefly see in Sifr's prologue. When she was done, she put limits like the life-sharing system and the virginity gimmick in place so the system wouldn't be abused.

It is the only logical explanation.

Logical! The only thing I believe that HiME/Otome connection, If the Black Mountain replica won't go nuts and destroy half of Japan. Another thing, how did those "aliens" came over and decide to cause hell for a reason................oh what about those HiME replica's they look like crap in Sifr ep 2.
Highman
Highman
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down