Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome Multiverse Forum
Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the world of...

HIghly-advanced
Materializing
Equipment

Not to mention very smexy and cool Otome!

Sign in to Materialize! (o^_^o)

~ Luu Sky Sapphire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom

+2
Yuri-hime
Luu Sky Sapphire
6 posters

Go down

shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom Empty Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:39 pm

The crew over at SUNRISE didn't know Shizuru and Natsuki were going to end up so popular with the fans, I'm pretty sure of it. What are all the ways the mainstream companies like SUNRISE and Bandai acknowledge the fandom of these two lovelies? Mai-HiME EXA can be used as an example for delivering ShizNat, something most fans missed upon discovering the original Mai-HiME manga. I'll let you get into detail with that one. ^_~

One of the small yet obvious examples from Bandai Entertainment is the cover of the My-Otome Anime Legends DVD Collection:

shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom My_oto10

Not a total coincidence either. After releasing the single edition dvds of Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome and Mai-Otome Zwei, they know what the fans wanna see. For their collection pack, they put the two most beloved characters in the entire Mai-Otome series, including it's main heroine (Arika Yumemiya). Mai-Otome doesn't even focus on Shizuru Viola or Natsuki Kruger.

^_^ You get the idea by now, maybe I'm wrong, but it's little observations like that which tickle my brain. If you have any other examples, feel free to post.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.
Administrator. The Showstopper. The Headliner. The Main Event. The Icon. Mr. Mai-Series.

Bubuzuke points : 42532
Armitage GUTS!!! : 2524

http://shiznat.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom Empty Re: Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom

Post by Yuri-hime Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I most definitely agree with you here on your thinking about Sunrise realizing they had a potential goldmine on their hands, where it involved Shizuru and Natsuki. That's why I would *love* to see Mai Hime: Destiny animated. Shizuru in all that skin-hugging black and wielding a deadly Katana?

Simply lovely *.*

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom Empty Re: Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Yuri-hime wrote:I most definitely agree with you here on your thinking about Sunrise realizing they had a potential goldmine on their hands, where it involved Shizuru and Natsuki. That's why I would *love* to see Mai Hime: Destiny animated. Shizuru in all that skin-hugging black and wielding a deadly Katana?

Simply lovely *.*

lol My only concern is SUNRISE taking liberties with an anime version of MH Destiny. Shizuru decked out in black is one of the most alluring ideas the Destiny-verse ever gave birth to. ^__^
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri-hime Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 am

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:Shizuru decked out in black is one of the most alluring ideas the Destiny-verse ever gave birth to. ^__^
I would not be adverse to that delicious-sounding mental imagery *.*

I mean...ahem...if one thought the Shizuru fan love was high now, can you just imagine what it would be once they gotta a look at her in that outfit fully animated XD

The term 'blow the roof off' would be fairly apt in that situation =p

Yuri-hime
Coral student
Coral student

Bubuzuke points : 1178
Armitage GUTS!!! : 347

Back to top Go down

Post by depression76 Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
One of the small yet obvious examples from Bandai Entertainment is the cover of the My-Otome Anime Legends DVD Collection:

shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom My_oto10

Not a total coincidence either. After releasing the single edition dvds of Mai-HiME, Mai-Otome and Mai-Otome Zwei, they know what the fans wanna see. For their collection pack, they put the two most beloved characters in the entire Mai-Otome series, including it's main heroine (Arika Yumemiya). Mai-Otome doesn't even focus on Shizuru Viola or Natsuki Kruger.

That is actually why I only bought that particular DVD out of the whole series, so I guess the tactic worked? 8D.
depression76
depression76
White Devil Worshiper
White Devil Worshiper

Bubuzuke points : 7627
Armitage GUTS!!! : 1396

http://daydreamwiththedragon.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Yuri-hime wrote:The term 'blow the roof off' would be fairly apt in that situation =p

Viola : Ara, I wish Natsuki would blow her roof for me~

Gakuenchou : Seriously Shizuru, stop that!!! >///>

depression76 wrote:That is actually why I only bought that particular DVD out of the whole series, so I guess the tactic worked? 8D.

XD It did. Hook, line and sinker! It's okay, as long as the ShizNation is honored in mainstream, I'm happy. Thanks, Bandai. booze
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by bubbleduckie Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 am

Totally agree with you. Katana-wielding Shizuru is the sexiest thing. If Sunrise were to animate this it's going to be awesome. shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom 2866592686
bubbleduckie
bubbleduckie
Fuuka Academy Student
Fuuka Academy Student

Bubuzuke points : 20
Armitage GUTS!!! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:19 am

bubbleduckie wrote:Totally agree with you. Katana-wielding Shizuru is the sexiest thing. If Sunrise were to animate this it's going to be awesome. shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom 2866592686

*o* There's a lot of potential for Mai-HiME Destiny, so much to just remain a simple novel. Hope for the best and maybe Sunrise will surprise us in the future...
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Krystal of Nol Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Luu Sky Sapphire wrote:
bubbleduckie wrote:Totally agree with you. Katana-wielding Shizuru is the sexiest thing. If Sunrise were to animate this it's going to be awesome. shiznat - Different ways SUNRISE/Bandai acknowledge ShizNat fandom 2866592686

*o* There's a lot of potential for Mai-HiME Destiny, so much to just remain a simple novel. Hope for the best and maybe Sunrise will surprise us in the future...

There's a lot of potential in MH Destiny indeed as well as Sunrise knows that ShizNat is what many fans want to see, problem is: they do nothing about it!

Hope is they surprise us, will be in a good way *sigh*
Krystal of Nol
Krystal of Nol
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!
ShizNat Queen: cuz is never enough ShizNat!

Bubuzuke points : 1967
Armitage GUTS!!! : 737

http://krystal-of-nol.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am

Krystal of Nol wrote:There's a lot of potential in MH Destiny indeed as well as Sunrise knows that ShizNat is what many fans want to see, problem is: they do nothing about it!

Hope is they surprise us, will be in a good way *sigh*

ShizNat2 As long as our girls are together, I'll be happy~
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Magus Phantalus Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:09 pm

As my power grows I summon this thread from the grave! Through me the world will cease to be!

Will we ever see a shiznat dedicated thing from sunrise?
Magus Phantalus
Magus Phantalus
Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Bubuzuke points : 613
Armitage GUTS!!! : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Luu Sky Sapphire Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Magus Phantalus wrote:Will we ever see a shiznat dedicated thing from sunrise?

If we want it enough, we shall receive it. Wink The only thing stopping it would be Sunrise not thinking the entire franchise can be carried by ShizNat. I don't think a series is necessary, something like a three-four episode OVA will be sufficient. Obviously, showing us what happened after Mai-HiME.
Luu Sky Sapphire
Luu Sky Sapphire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down